Leave A Mark.

Bronze

We help for-profit businesses create genuine purpose driven brands that inspire commerce and make the world a better place in the process.

2019
Del Mar, CA
  • 1155 Camino Del Mar STE 190
    Del Mar, CA 92014
  • United States

Locally-focused small business owner (eg. Doctors, Lawyers, Restaurants) Locally-focused franchisee Small e-commerce business (i.e. less than $1MM in annual sales) Medium or large e-commerce business (i.e. greater than $1MM in annual sales) Start-ups Medium or large national or international business

Pretty City

Gallery Walk

Cutting Edge

Hair Goals

UI/UX Design for Glass Construction Company

"They were laser-focused on getting our UI designed for maximum benefit to the customer."

Jan. 2014 - Dec. 2019

La Jolla Design Group was responsible for the UI/UX design for a glass construction company. They updated the website to make it more current and usable.

Encinitas, California
Jesse Fuller
CIO, Encinitas Glass Company

Thanks to the La Jolla Design Group, the usability of the site has improved. Their team is approachable, innovative, and easy to work with. They are dedicated to finding the best solutions for their clients.

I'm a partner in a glass construction company. I am the CIO and perform all technical functions for this small business. I have over 25 years in IT and 35+ in programming applications. I run a consulting business of my own with clients in several western states.

For what projects/services did your company hire La Jolla Design Group?

We are getting ready to release an application developed in house over the last 13 years and wanted an outside review from a UX/IX expert.

Make the application "current" in terms of the user interface and user experience.

We interviewed several. LDG was a perfect fit both for expertise and local availability.

The application consists of several modules used to track jobs from inception to completion and beyond. There are several screens used by estimators and sales in the front of the house and in the back of the house there are operations; scheduling, work orders, purchasing, etc. All of these are designed to specifically handle the interactions, in detail, between all the groups and the customer so that we obtain the best efficiency and job performance metrics.

This is a very small dev team of two. One programmer and a business owner. We derived every aspect of the software's features from the users and added flexibility for the software to be used in any service related industry handling three dimensional products for which services may be rendered in addition to installation to deliver it to the customer.

The first two hours were critical for LDG and us to come to a point of mutual benefit. We did not have a big budget and we had "ideas" of what we wanted to present. At that time John was very transparent and honest with us about the interface. Lots of changes were needed to bring the UI into this decade!

Specifically, we were able to agree on reducing the number of objects and controls on the screen presented to the user instantly. This objective forced us to consider what was really necessary to display given the position and function of the application to the user. I, for one, appreciated the direct approach and hands-on interaction with John to get to the heart of the issues as quickly as possible. His perseverance and dedication to the first few meetings were exemplary and we made instant headway.

John is extremely approachable and easy to talk with. Their style and work ethic are commendable considering the short time frame we gave them. His communications were clear and specific so there were no questions about action items and schedules.

The most impressive outcome of our alliance was just that; it was an alliance. John bought into our objectives, not his, and helped route us into the right vector.; the shortest distance between us and the final product is a straight line! They were laser-focused on getting our UI designed for maximum benefit to the customer.

It is hard to say that there was anything lacking in the discussion, the actions of the communications while working with LDG. If there are any, I have not experienced them yet. I'm not looking for cracks. We all have them. I was so overwhelmed by the positive traction and progress of our first few hours together that, if there were any cracks, we blew right past them!

Overall Score In our experience, LDG was the best choice.
    John was very accommodating considering my hectic schedule.
    We are not use dot paying fees of this nature to a consultant, however, once engaged, we saw the value.
    Nothing was negative about our experience.
    LDG is a diamond in the rough.

Branding and Web Design for Consulting Firm

“The team turned my thoughts on the company and our value offering into a concise and harmonious picture.”

May 2019 - Ongoing

After a discovery call, La Jolla Design Group developed a messaging strategy that included a tagline and key marketing notes that reflect the brand. They’re now working on a website, also creating its content.

San Diego, California
Mike Passage
CEO, Passage Business Consulting

La Jolla Design Group’s branding work was immediately effective in generating leads on LinkedIn. They exhibited a comprehensive understanding of project goals, exceeding expectations with their work. Their enthusiasm and ability to concisely convey complex ideas made for a successful partnership.

I’m the owner and CEO of Passage Business Consulting.

What challenge were you trying to address with La Jolla Design Group?

I have plenty of experience in business management and forecasting, but I haven’t done much marketing work. We originally hired La Jolla Design Group to elevate our branding and design. I was so impressed with their input that I decided to expand our partnership. Now, they’re building a website for us.

First, La Jolla Design Group led me through a series of questions and scenarios to better understand the core of my business and our service offering. The team examined that information and synthesized it into a concise message with vocabulary that reflected our company’s mission and values. The final deliverables for this branding exercise were a tagline and several key marketing notes that captured our contemporary classic style. We’ll eventually use those guidelines to create logos and graphics.

Because their branding efforts were successful, we decided to continue our work with La Jolla Design Group. They are now creating a website and producing its written content. Once the website is complete, I also plan to engage them for other projects.

I worked with John Paul (CEO, La Jolla Design Group) and his business partner and wife, Natalie (COO, La Jolla Design Group).

How did you come to work with La Jolla Design Group?

I initially did a Google search for the best web designers in the San Diego area, where I’m located. They didn’t originally show up on any list, but I continued my search with Clutch and a couple of other online resources. They were highly ranked, so I reached out. They’re a smaller company, and I felt an immediate connection with John Paul. His interest in his work and dedication to quality were clear.

We’ve spent over $10,000 for the two projects combined. There has been some overlap, so I’m not sure of the exact cost. We also plan to invest more with them for future projects.

We started working together in May 2019, and our engagement is ongoing.

This experience has been instantly gratifying. After implementing just a few of their suggested changes to my LinkedIn profile, I started seeing more interest from people online and receiving more inquiry calls per week. The short-term ROI has been great, and we haven’t even published the website yet.

How did La Jolla Design Group perform from a project management standpoint?

I have one-on-one calls with John Paul and additional conference calls where we’re joined by Natalie. Most of our work and interaction is done over the phone. We use the time to problem solve and get some of the baseline work done. Our branding initiative was primarily handled on one of those calls—we were on the phone for an hour and a half at one point.

They are true wordsmiths. The team turned my thoughts on the company and our value offering into a concise and harmonious picture. Our image is both wise and modern.

Additionally, they showed a full understanding of my goals. There’s such great congruency in their presentation, actions, and deliverables. They consistently exceed the high expectations they set for themselves, demonstrating the trust and integrity within their team.

I can’t think of anything.

Be open with La Jolla Design Group, and they’ll turn your idea into a gem.

Overall Score Their performance is off the charts.
    I’d rate them higher if I could.
    I am already recommending them to my network.

Web & E-Commerce Design for Tanning Company

"Their core values, work ethic, and willingness to go the extra mile stood out."

Aug. 2018

La Jolla Design Group designed a website to generate leads and drive digital business. The team developed a learning center and landing pages. They integrated the CRM for drip campaigns.

San Marcos, California
Faraje Kharsa
CEO, Evolv Tan

They boosted leads from less than twenty per month to over one hundred. La Jolla Design Group's collaborative nature and tenacity facilitated a smooth process for the most part, and they communicated well.

Evolv Tan designs, manufactures, sells, and supports the world's only heated airbrush tanning system. I'm the CEO.

For what projects/services did your company hire La Jolla Design Group?

We needed a website to educate and journey our prospects into customers through the e-commerce portal.

Our goals were to conduct business primarily online, as well as to enhance the leads generation and conversion process.

We interviewed several vendors, and LJDG stood out for their expertise, value, and ethics.

The project included an initial discovery phase, understanding the business, the customer journey and customer base, developing a learning center and several landing pages, as well as integration into the CRM for drip campaigns.

Nathalie and JP interfaced with our internal team at various stages of the process. They were very pleasant to work with.

Our leads increased tremendously, from less than 20 leads per month to well over 100 leads per month.

There were some minor hiccups, but for the most part, communication and collaboration were fluid.

Their core values, work ethic, and willingness to go the extra mile stood out.

There are always areas for improvement. From the onset, the project could have been sliced into smaller phases for better oversight.

Bronze