Digital products through prototyping.

KRFTWRK is a digital agency focused on:

Digital Products through Prototyping

Specializing in user-onboarding, digital products, and admin dashboards.

Marketing Results through Process

Growth marketing is a science. We build a mix of inbound content + outbound growth hacking for optimal marketing results.

2007
  • 32 Britain Street
    Toronto, ON M5A 1R6
  • 260 Church Street
    Oakville, ON

Canadian Red Cross Arcestra Inc. Sigma Systems Quiznos Ontario Chiropractic Association Toronto Transit Commission Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation Universal Music Group Iristel Canada
Sensorup Image

Sensorup

IOT Website / Copywriting
Canada Protection Plan Image

Canada Protection Plan

We built a plan focused on user experience and market position. The plan included a complete web design overhaul and enhancements to navigation, discoverability, and accessibility.
Screenfluence Marketing Image

Screenfluence Marketing

TACTICS Site Refresh Inbound Marketing Paid Campaigns Chatbot RESULTS 200% overall traffic growth +250 qualified leads acquired 30% conversion rate 300% increase in organic monthly impressions
Cloud Contact Image

Cloud Contact

About

Founded in 2001, AireSpring is a privately held, profitable, and debt-free cloud communications and connectivity provider serving thousands of businesses nationwide. AireSpring has the largest national footprint in the U.S. and a partnership with fourteen major network providers.

The Challenge

Update their customer service cloud application to work with modern browsers. Enhance the user experience

for multi-tasking between calls, chats, SMS messages and scripted content.

Our Solution

A clean user dashboard for managing multiple calls and interactions with quick fly-down menus for switching between interactions.  Updated UI style guide. Simple navigation for call queues.

Exactfinance.io Image

Exactfinance.io

Exact uses machine learning to find exactly what to do with your money. Working from the ground up with out client, we built a fintech product that puts the power of a financial advisor into an easy-to-use digital product. With a few questions, the user is on boarded to a simple dashboard that outlines exactly what they need to do to get optimal returns on their finances.

Digital Marketing for Software Company

"We knew exactly what they were working on each day."

KRFTWRK provided digital marketing services to generate leads for a software company, redesigning their website and making it more SEO-friendly.

Eric Cappell
CEO, Screenfluence Inc

The project tripled traffic to the website and significantly increased leads. KRFTWRK communicated daily, making them a great partner to work with.

I am the CEO of a Digital Signage Software company. We are based in Canada and work with organizations worldwide

For what projects/services did your company hire KRFTWRK?

We wanted to expand our reach through specific digital marketing avenues. KRFTWRK took the time to set up goals and a pipeline to drive more leads and business to our website. They also redesigned our website to make it more SEO compatible and continually manage the site.

Our goals are to drive more people to our website, which is turn will lead to more inquires.

Initially met through a work colleague - Had several meetings to plan our pipeline for success together.

SEO/SEM Management A/B Testing for Facebook/Google Campaign. Managed our lead sources Managed Social media accounts Created content for blog posts

Communication is fantastic, we speak daily and trust each others work explicitly

We have a increased numbers in all fields. Website traffic had tripled as well as leads and business inquires.

Very effective, we spoke daily and had a detailed plan on what we were doing. We knew exactly what they were working on each day.

Communication, attention to detail and turnover time on new ideas and content.

Nope!

Overall Score Fantastic company with strong values!
    We have never had an issue with scheduling in person or over the phone.
    Fair and consistent with the market value
    We have been working together for almost a year and there is nothing I would change
    Already have multiple times

Branding & Marketing for Sustainable Development Charity

"The branding and website are absolutely phenomenal."

Apr. 2018 - Ongoing

KRFTWRK rebranded and redesigned a website and logo to improve visibility. The team now provides digital strategy, email marketing, and social media services.

Steve Lee
Executive Director, Foundation for Environmental Stewardship

The new designs have improved sales and enhanced the website’s professional reputation. Future positive results are likely. The team is personable and accommodating. They meet deadlines and communicate clearly over a variety of platforms.

I’m the executive director of the Foundation for Environmental Stewardship. We’re a youth-led and youth-serving sustainable development charity.

What challenge were you trying to address with KRFTWRK?

Our website lacked a professional design, and many of the schools we had reached out to questioned our organization’s legitimacy. We hired KRFTWRK to redesign our branding and logo with a new color palette. This project coincided with one of our national initiatives. Second, we needed short-term marketing solutions to increase our visibility among Canadian high schools.

KRFTWRK completed the branding in a few months. The team then delivered our new website and took responsibilities from our other outsourcing partners. They now do our marketing, social media, and digital and email campaigns based on the new branding.

I have one main point of contact. We talk at least once a week.

How did you come to work with KRFTWRK?

The KRFTWRK team and I both occupied the same shared co-working space. I explained our challenges and they generated ideas for the logo. We met other design firms as well, but being in the same building was an unbeatable advantage. What’s more, they were nice people that we wanted to partner with.

We’ve spent around $30,000.

We started working together in April 2018 and the partnership is ongoing.

The branding and website are absolutely phenomenal. Before the engagement, we had trouble reaching out to schools. Now, schools approach us. We rarely have to send more than one or two introduction emails; we regularly get follow-ups. The team also helps us manage the improved interest and sales flows. This year is big for us, and KRFTWRK is focusing on digital marketing to ensure great results.

How did KRFTWRK perform from a project management standpoint?

The team is highly responsive and professional. We communicate via video calls and email. KRFTWRK usually uses Slack, but we prefer email.

KRFTWRK adapts to customers’ needs and keeps iterating to find the best approach. I’m a difficult client and I have specific things that need to be communicated a certain way. My organization targets climate change topics to rural parts of Canada. KRFTWRK can translate our technical jargon and explain it to our audience in an accessible manner.

No, I can’t think of anything.

Set up a video call and talk to them. That will usually do the magic time that I was captured by.

Overall Score I'm one very satisfied customer.
    They always meet their deadlines.
    They’ve been great with price and have considered are financial constraints as a nonprofit.
    Their deliverables completely changed the way we do our program and our business.
    I've Already recommended them to two of my colleagues who are also working in the nonprofit sector.

UX Design & Marketing for Cloud App Consulting Company

"We liked the fact that they're a young company with a fresh perspective..."

2017 - Ongoing

Using agile approach, KRFTWRK provided UX design for client-facing projects and internal websites. They also managed website marketing.

Calgary, Canada
CTO, Cloud App Consulting Dev Company

Being a young and creative team, they bring a fresh perspective and are not afraid to try new things. While they don’t have the experience of a large agency, they use various design languages and provide appealing, modern designs.

I work at a cloud app consulting development company. We develop data-driven applications, primarily on Amazon Web Services, for a wide variety of businesses and NGOs.

What challenge were you trying to address with KRFTWRK?

We were looking for UX design support for one of our projects. We wanted to find a Canadian designer with good portfolio and flexible availability. We have one designer in-house, but we outsource for specific talent or for capacity.

Initially, we worked with them on one client-facing project. Later, they did more client-facing projects as well as internal websites for us and our subsidiary products.

I will provide more details about our first project, which was done for a Canadian NGO. We met with KRFTWRK and completed a week-long design sprint at the client's office. We used the feedback to develop a series of user experience designs, ultimately leading to follow-up phases of development work. In addition, we see them as our marketing department – they support most of our website marketing and presentations.

We usually work with 4–5 people. Our main point of contact is their founder Justin Wood, but we also deal with designers and web marketing resources.

How did you come to work with them?

I found them through an online posting.

We would prefer to keep the cost confidential. We have a master services agreement with them that sets out the rates, and after that, it's ad hoc.

We started working with them in 2017 and the relationship is ongoing.

Overall, we've been very satisfied. As with any working relationship, it hasn't been perfect – some projects have gone perfect and for others, there's room for improvement. They've provided modern design patterns, using material design and some other design languages. We’ve liked the modernity and enjoyed working with them.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

We didn't have any problems with their teams and the deadlines were acceptable. We use Slack to communicate.

We liked the fact that they're a young company with a fresh perspective that is adopting and implementing nice design practices. They're not too set in their ways – they're still adapting with the industry. That has some analogies with how we do development in-house, so their agile, fairly modern approach appealed to us.

We worked with larger agencies in the past and found them fairly administrative, constrained, and not very creative. A small firm like KRFTWRK is less administrative, so there is a lot more room and time to try new things and ultimately deliver more creative end products.

Being a small, young, and talented team, they don't have the experience of a big design firm. They almost exist in some space between freelancers and an agency, so you have to source them into your team a little to facilitate the work process.

Understand your design process and your needs. Agencies have an excellent way of doing it, but they can be fairly expensive. If you move towards a smaller firm like KRFTWRK, you can usually afford more iterations and more time to experiment. They're a small creative shop, but a lot depends on what you’re looking for.

UX/UI for Commercial Real Estate Marketing Startup

“I have nothing but good things to say about them.”

May 2017 - Ongoing

KRFTWRK collaborated with an in-house team to revamp the UI and UX of an existing platform. They redesigned the basic SaaS web page frontend and the platform’s backend, which was the core application.

Alain Cohen
President, Arcestra

KRFTWRK worked well with the in-house team, successfully integrating work the client had already done and interpreting additional needs. The team understood the business priorities of the project and communicated seamlessly. They are professional and experienced with broad-reaching skills.

We are a technology company providing a data-driven marketing platform for commercial real estate. We currently have 40% of the Canadian office market on our platform and manage over 300 million square feet. I am the president of the company, responsible for operations and performance.

What challenge were you trying to address with KRFTWRK?

We wanted to change the user experience and user interface in order to drive business. I wanted to start fresh.

We are a Software-as-a-service company providing each customer with a web page for their properties. This was one element of the UI/UX. The other one, which is more unique and complex, is managing all the information in the backend of the platform, which we call the core application. It has multiple variables, use cases, and business users.

We had a senior product manager who created a very good spec, something which was appreciated by KRFTWRK; they were not used to clients coming so prepared. They interpreted our needs and all the work we’d done and executed diligently. To me, this was key, since it was not just a matter of creating a UI/UX design, but of working with a team which understood that we were a tech company which had been in the market for over five years and not a first-stage startup. Everything was driven by business and had to align with the output, return on investment, and client retention.

I worked primarily with three people from their team, including Justin Wood, founder of KRFTWRK, who coordinated everything in a hands-on manner. One person was primarily dedicated to the backend of the platform, and another, to the frontend. They collaborated well as a team and stayed on-target.

How did you come to work with KRFTWRK?

We met casually at a trade show, while I wasn’t really looking for anything. I saw a screen that caught my attention and went to one of their people, who turned out to be Justin. I asked him who was responsible for the user experience and interface design on that screen, and he told me it was him. We met quickly afterward and connected well. I gave KRFTWRK a first project, and they performed well, so I gave them a second and third task. I liked how the team listened, analyzed business goals, and translated them into an appealing UI/UX.

In my past, I have worked with many designers and I am one myself with more than 25 years of experience in tech. I have seen my fair share of designers, content providers, and so on. The interaction with KRFTWRK clicked for me from the beginning, and I hope it continues.

The cost was competitive and reasonable, but I cannot mention the exact figure. It was between $50,000 and $200,000.

We started working with KRFTWRK in May 2017. So far, we have worked on two large projects with them and are starting a third one shortly.

We have worked with prototypes, which is typical for most people in the industry. I was able to use those successfully for client retention and new sales. We are currently working with two different software development teams separate from KRFTWRK, which was a part of the challenge. We wanted to find a partner who could work with different engineers, making sure that we provided the right prototypes so that the engineers wouldn’t have too many questions and could execute to the specs. This was achieved through the quality of the prototypes.

How did KRFTWRK perform from a project management standpoint?

The communication was seamless. We knew what we would be using in terms of communication technology from the beginning, but some of the platforms were suggested by KRFTWRK. The scheduled meetings were on time and the deliverables were met. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

We had in-house UX at one point, but it wasn’t working that well. We partially hired another marketing and UI/UX company, which worked well but didn’t make us their top priority. With KRFTWRK, it was very different—we connected well at a human level, and I liked the idea of working with professional and experienced people who saw the project as a new challenge. KRFTWRK is not a well-established firm, but, to me, it has a lot of reach. We will continue to do quite a bit of work with them.

Overall Score I see us having a long-term relationship.
    I would prefer to keep them for myself, but I would refer them.