KnackForge Soft Solutions is your one stop place for Drupal web developments, custom website designs and high quality Internet marketing services. KnackForge offers a unique combination of creative web designs with application expertise when developing website solutions for our clients. We have immense experience in developing sites ranging from simple blogs to feature-rich E-Commerce solutions.

Our projects

Founded:
 Employees:
 Avg. hourly rate:
$25 - $49
KnackForge Soft Solutions Pvt Ltd
No. 3, Redhills Road, Triveni Tower, Ground Floor, Opp. Emmanuel School, Pudur, Ambattur
Chennai, TN 600053

Bodeboca, Friendarin, BetterStudy, Korting.com, TodayDesigner and Trainngain.

Accolades:

Reviews of KnackForge Soft Solutions Pvt Ltd

Drupal Development for Online Wine Retailer

Web development

The client is Bodeboca SL, Spain's leading online wine retailer. They were in need of a Drupal developer to assist their development team in various projects, including incorporating an e-commerce functionality to their website and improving the user experience for international customers. They partnered with KnackForge Soft Solutions for these purposes.

The client is satisfied with their ongoing partnership with KnackForge Soft Solutions. While the client has admitted that KnackForge Soft Solutions is not always timely in their project management, they recommend KnackForge Soft Solutions for their diversity of development skills and expertise in Drupal development.

"KnackForge has been an instrumental asset to our development team. They are very strong in back-end cutting, but also at the front-end development. That's rare."

Co-founder at Bodeboca SL

Madrid, Spain

Average: 2.5 (1 vote)

Average: 3 (1 vote)

Average: 4 (1 vote)

Our company is Bodeboca SL, a leading online wine retail market in Spain. Our business model is based on private sales.

I'm one of the two co-founders of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with KnackForge Soft Solutions?

We are looking for a web developer that was an expert in Drupal development and incorporating e-commerce functionalities to a Drupal website, as that is the content-management framework we used to develop our website. We had a comprehensive website, but we needed a partner to maintain our website and develop new features. Although we have internal capacities, we needed external sources to complete the project in a short timeframe. That's why we partnered with KnackForge.

KnackForge has been an instrumental asset to our development team. Working with KnackForge, we have added a very comprehensive, cataloged online store to our flash sales site. They developed a great user interface and filtered search functionality that helps our users find the products they are looking for.

KnackForge also collaborated with us to develop an ascription business sign. We have added the possibility for our users to subscribe to a monthly wine box. They have also helped us make our website more international. We have implemented the management of different tax rates, different languages and price synchronizations between the different international versions of Bodeboca.

How did you come to work with KnackForge Soft Solutions?

I did some basic searches on Google and found that KnackForge is a very active member of the Drupal Community. We reached out to them, and they were a good fit for us in terms of their skill set.

The size of the project is in the $50,000 to $200,000 price range.

We've been working with them for three years [as of September 2015].

Not really. Our sales have increased and our site is more user-friendly and international than before, but it's hard to tell how much of that is directly attributed to KnackForge.

How did KnackForge Soft Solutions perform from a project management standpoint?

There is some room for improvement in their project management. There have been times when they have not been able to deliver what they said they would deliver. They tend to miss deadlines. It's alright because three years later we're still with them. Quality-wise, the KnackForge team is very strong in Drupal knowledge and discipline. They are definitely worth keeping around.

What distinguishes KnackForge Soft Solutions from other providers?

KnackForge Soft Solutions has 360-degree capabilities, meaning that they are very strong in back-end cutting, but also at the front-end development. That's rare.

Is there anything KnackForge Soft Solutions could have improved or done differently?

Nothing I haven't already mentioned. Otherwise, I'm very satisfied with KnackForge.

QUALITY: 4.5
COST: 3
SCHEDULING: 2.5
Gregory Bulckaert

Drupal Website Development for e-Learning Company

Web development

The client is Friendarin, an e-learning company that focuses on foreign language teaching through their online platform. They were in need of a Drupal developer to develop their website and e-learning platform fully, applying the client's original designs. They partnered with KnackForge Soft Solutions for the project.

The client is extremely satisfied with their ongoing partnership with KnackForge Soft Solutions. The client recommends KnackForge Soft Solutions for their responsiveness, their expertise in Drupal development and their willingness to go beyond the terms of a contract to ensure a successful product.

"KnackForge performed very well. They always met all the deadlines that were in our proposal. Their communication and performance were very good as well."

Owner at Friendarin

Russia

Average: 5 (1 vote)

My organization is an e-learning company. We have an online platform that helps users learn foreign languages through interactive exercises.

I am the owner of the company.

The goal was to develop the e-learning platform on which to base my business from scratch. I wanted to provide users with a platform on which they could complete their interactive tasks and exercises as well as learn grammar and pronunciation.

KnackForge was involved in the development of the website and platform. I provided the design, and HTML and CSS files, in prototype form. At the time, there was no interactivity because I'm not familiar with JavaScript, PHP, and Drupal. I relied on KnackForge to connect the files and develop the missing elements of the site. They also added an e-commerce functionality and an e-learning platform that contains multiple interactive exercises of different types. Our platform is free at the moment but, in the future, we are going to use a PayWall to provide some paid content and functionalities. KnackForge is also responsible for the development of this functionality.

How did you come to work with KnackForge Soft Solutions?

I decided to develop the website using Drupal. I started to research the Drupal system, and I found a big community behind it, with many developers who actually write different modules for different functionalities. I found that KnackForge writes many of those modules. I decided to get in contact with [Vannia Rajan, director of operations for KnackForge Soft Solutions] directly.

He answered very quickly. He asked me in detail about my project, and we agreed on a price. I hesitated because I previously thought that their offer was too good in terms of price. I was not sure whether they were as good as they are, but I decided to try.

The cost of the project was less than $10,000.

We started working with them in May 2014, and they had finished everything by October 2014. They still maintain the Drupal website and platform. They always inform us when it is necessary to upgrade to the newest version of Drupal, so it's very convenient.

I am not ready to provide metrics at the moment. For now, I am working on the content. I think that I will use metrics after I finalize uploading all the content. We are still in the testing phase and have a limited number of users. I've already received a lot of positive feedback from our test users. I am very satisfied with KnackForge's work and the results of the project.

How did KnackForge perform from a project management standpoint?

KnackForge performed very well. When I first asked them to review my designs and the CSS [cascading style sheets] files that I had, they looked through everything very attentively and prepared a proposal. They always met all the deadlines that were in our proposal. When I had questions, I asked a developer who was responsible for my project, and they were always ready to answer my questions. Their communication and performance were very good as well.

What distinguishes KnackForge Soft Solutions from other providers?

I was very pleased when KnackForge Soft Solutions helped me with the initial design and CSS that I had developed. They didn't have any obligation to do that, but when I asked them how to improve, their advice was very helpful. They went beyond the specifications of my initial proposal.

No. I can't think of anything they could do better. I see that they have always been improving their services.

OVERALL SCORE: 5
COST: 5
For my project, it was a very good value.
SCHEDULING: 5
WILLING TO REFER: 5
I have already recommended them to my colleagues.
Oksana Ermolaeva

Web Development for e-Learning Company

Web development

The client is a Chicago-based e-learning company. They were looking to rebrand and create a new drupal website for their e-learning product. They partnered with KnackForge Soft Solutions for this purpose.

The client is extremely pleased with their partnership with KnackForge Soft Solutions. The client highly recommends KnackForge Soft Solutions for their flexibility, responsiveness and expertise in Drupal development.

"KnackForge Soft Solutions provides excellent work and is an expert in its industry. They were very forthcoming, flexible, their responsiveness is great."

Founder, e-Learning Company

Chicago

Average: 5 (1 vote)

My company provides online learning services, learning management systems, customized learning portals, and we create content for online delivery to companies in the United States and all around the world.

What are your position and responsibilities?

I am the president of my company.

We were looking to rebrand our company and create a new website. We partnered with KnackForge to help us with the new rebranded site.

We provided KnackForge with a general design of the website. They took that general design and applied it to the site perfectly. They were fully responsible for bringing the site to life. They also adapted the original design we gave them to design other pages on our site. KnackForge then added additional functionalities, as we needed them. They used Drupal to develop the site.

How did you come to work with KnackForge Soft Solutions?

We did some online research, looking at Drupal developers. KnackForge had worked on online learning sites before, which gave us the confidence to partner with them for this project.

The cost of the website was less than $5,000.

I first approached KnackForge In June 2015. We started the project two weeks later, and took two weeks to complete. It was a very quick project. They still provide support for ongoing website work as I need it.

The project just wrapped, so it's too early to share track-able results, but we were very impressed with them. Their performance was excellent.

What distinguishes KnackForge Soft Solutions from other providers?

I cannot think of anything at this time.

OVERALL SCORE: 4.5
Working in different time zones can be a bit of a hassle.
SCHEDULING: 5
WILLING TO REFER: 5
Working in different time zones can be a bit of a hassle.

Drupal Software Development for Internet Marketing Firm

Enterprise application development

The client is an Internet marketing firm located in Belgium. They were in need of a Drupal developer to build cashback sites and a custom email platform to send enewsletters for their customers. They partnered with KnackForge for these projects.

The client is pleased with the work that KnackForge did for them. The client stated that developing this software has decreased their monthly emailing cost from $1,500 to $200. The client recommends KnackForge for their knowledge of new technologies and best practices.

"We used to spend around $1,500 on MailChimp each month. Using the software that KnackForge developed for us, the cost for mailing is around $200. That's quite impressive in terms of cost savings."

Managing Director, Internet Marketing Firm

Belgium

Average: 3.5 (1 vote)

Average: 3.5 (1 vote)

Average: 4 (1 vote)

We are an Internet marketing company. I work together with several other companies to provide leads for other businesses.

I'm the managing director.

First, we wanted to build out cashback sites. We also have a big database of around a half million people which we need to email quite often. We tried using MailChimp at first, which was very costly in our case. We then decided to make something similar from scratch. We needed a developer to create the software for us. That's why we partnered with KnackForge.

For the cashback site, KnackForge was responsible for front end coding. We gave them the design we wanted, and they created it implementing Drupal and HTML.

For the software, they developed a sophisticated, scalable platform that allows us to send thousands of emails per hour. They incorporated various functionalities that allow us to manage various mailing lists, create enewsletters, schedule the delivery and see reports on the subscribers and each individual email we send out. The platform is powered by Drupal 7.

How did you come to work with KnackForge Soft Solutions?

I found one of KnackForge's founders four years ago in a Drupal forum. They seemed to be quite active in the community, and that's why we chose them.

The project was in the $15,000 to $25,000 price range.

We started working with them about three years ago [2012], and we have since stopped working with them. Our business has changed since we first engaged them, and we no longer need the support and maintenance we once needed.

The mailing project was a success. We used to spend around $1,500 on MailChimp each month. Using the software that KnackForge developed for us, the cost for mailing is around $200, and we tripled our database size. That's quite impressive in terms of cost savings.

How did KnackForge Soft Solutions perform from a project management standpoint?

When we started working with them, they were growing. They also had some junior coders working for them. Sometimes, the quality was  good, and other times it was not good. It really depended on the people that were assigned to us. It was very hit and miss. I think they are good on the technical side of things. They are up to speed with the best practices and new technologies. But, they sometimes miss the gut feeling of what's usable and what's not. That would be my biggest complaint and my biggest compliment, too.

What distinguishes KnackForge Soft Solutions from other providers?

One of the founders is very involved in the projects, and he's a smart guy. In terms of technical knowledge, KnackForge Soft Solutions is good. They are very understanding when something is going wrong to compensate it on their own cost.

QUALITY: 3.5
COST: 4.5
SCHEDULING: 3.5

Drupal Platform Development for E-learning Company

Application development

The client is BetterStudy, an e-learning company that specializes in teaching accounting and preparing for accounting exams. They were in need of a software developer to build the platform upon which they base their business. They partnered with KnackForge Soft Solutions for the project.

The client is very satisfied with their partnership with KnackForge Soft Solutions. The client highly recommends KnackForge Soft Solutions for their responsiveness, availability, and great back-end development skills.

"KnackForge worked very well. They were very responsive, and there was a good communication between us."

CEO at BetterStudy

Geneva, Switzerland

Average: 5 (1 vote)

Our company is BetterStudy. We are an e-learning company that specializes in teaching accounting and preparing for accounting exams.

I am the founder and CEO of the company.

The goal was to create an e-learning platform from scratch on which to base our business.

I had the concept and a basic design for the platform. I presented those to the KnackForge team, and they ran with it. KnackForge was fully responsible for building the platform. KnackForge developed a Drupal 7 and HTML5 website for the application. The application includes an e-commerce functionality and a customizable module. This module allows users to create different questions types, tests, training exercises, an admin dashboard, and PDF viewing. KnackForge set up a database within the application abd did some SEO [search engine optimization] work for us. They still provide support when we want to add new functionalities to the application.

How did you come to work with KnackForge Soft Solutions?

A friend of mine recommended KnackForge to me. I reached out to them, and we chose to do a trial project with them. It worked out well, so we kept working together.

The size of the project is confidential.

We started working with them in March 2013. Our partnership is ongoing. The development part of the project is completed, but I still consult with them about the project.

We have about 1,100 subscribers. It's a very specific field, and the market I'm targeting is very small, so those are great numbers for us. The platform has generated significant sales for us. Overall, it is a great project.

How did KnackForge Soft Solutions perform from a project management standpoint?

KnackForge worked very well. They integrated us into their project management system. I could check the status of the development process at any time. I could see exactly how the project was broken down, and how fast they completed the different tasks. I could also give feedback and make comments about the different tasks. They were very responsive, and there was a good communication between us.

KnackForge is an extremely good software development firm, but they should focus more on the front-end design and the overall user experience. The platform does everything I want it to do, but it could have a better user interface.

OVERALL SCORE: 5
SCHEDULING: 4
Christophe Rieder

Drupal Learning Management System Development for e-Learning Company

Custom application management

The client is Train 'n Gain, an e-learning company that develops and distributes learning management systems. They were in need of a Drupal developer to build the platform on which they base their business. They partnered with KnackForge Soft Solutions for the project.

The client is very satisfied with their partnership with KnackForge Soft Solutions. The client highly recommends KnackForge for their innovation and proactiveness throughout the whole project.

"KnackForge does a very good job from a project management perspective. They are very responsive and quick. They set a high bar for their work, and they always follow through."

Project Manager at Train 'n Gain

Netherlands

Average: 4 (1 vote)

Our company is Train 'n Gain. We develop e-learning solutions. This includes a learning management system (LMS) as well as content, mainly educational videos and questions that are relation to the videos. We help corporate companies and training agencies improve the way they teach sales and management skills.

I'm a business manager. I'm also responsible for daily operations.

We needed a technology partner to help us develop the LMS that is the basis of our business.

KnackForge was responsible for developing our learning management system. We developed our LMS in projects or releases. Each new release comes with different functionalities. This can be functional changes to the LMS, but lately we've been working on a design change. KnackForge is responsible for developing those updates and additions.

How did you come to work with KnackForge Soft Solutions?

Our CTO has a background in Drupal development. He has a broad network of people he knows that are in Drupal. He met the KnackForge team through a Drupal network. After a few conversations on the concept of the LMS, they started collaborating on the development aspect of the project.

We work on a monthly fee with them. The average amount is $1,500 to $2,000 per month.

We started two years ago [as of August 2015].

I don't have numbers because we are still in the startup stages. I think it's been a very successful project.

How did KnackForge Soft Solutions perform from a project management standpoint?

KnackForge does a very good job from a project management perspective. They are very responsive and quick. Approximately 80 percent to 90 percent of the prototypes that they build for us are good enough to be part of the final project.

What distinguishes KnackForge Soft Solutions from other providers?

KnackForge is a great group of smart and proactive professionals. They set a high bar for their work, and they always follow through.

In general, I'm happy with the way things are going. There are always some improvements to be made. That's partly because of the language barrier. English is not my native language, and it's not KnackForge's either. Everything has to be translated twice so that adds more time. Overall, I can't complain.

QUALITY: 4