ILG of ECM | Email | eDiscovery | Records

Integro – Experienced, Trusted Partner

Since 1995, Integro has been helping companies manage and control their ever increasing data. An industry recognized product and services company, Integro specializes in solutions for Enterprise Content Management, Information Governance, Email Management, eDiscovery, and Records Management.

Hundreds of companies trust Integro because of our proactive approach to managing email, records and enterprise content. Our solutions directly impact the bottom line, drastically reducing eDiscovery and IT management costs, supporting defensible disposal, minimizing risk, ensuring regulatory compliance, and boosting user productivity.

Integro’s email management product, Integro Email Manager offers value-based archiving, which enables companies to keep the email that is important for business, legal and regulatory obligations, while eliminating the costs and risk exposure of over-retention of email. IEM enables proactive, comprehensive email management for most ECM systems via Integro’s innovative auto-classification with human oversight approach.

1995

Top 5 Canadian Financial Firm

F500 Global Manufacturer

Top 3 Global Auto Supplier

IBM ECM Work for Financial Services Corporation

"Integro let us know proactively how many hours we had left, were quick to return phone calls, and had a great staff."

2015 - Ongoing

Integro handled the installation, performance tuning, and training for a new technological tool for managing redundant data. The agency collaborated in-house.

Boston Metro Area
Head of the Enterprise, Content Management Team

Integro is patient, thorough, and transparent. The agency delivers exactly what they promise. There have been no problems with Integro’s performance; instead, the agency is lauded for specialized services and their effectiveness.

We handle imaging systems and the governance of corporate records in one of the world's largest financial services company.

I am the head of the ECM team.

What challenge were you trying to address with Integro?

Our company was undergoing a cleanup effort meant to eliminate what we call unstructured data, consisting of files sitting in LAN shares, SharePoint sites, public email folders, and so on. Like many companies, we struggled with managing redundant data, and purchased a new tool from IBM called StoredIQ for this purpose.

StoredIQ was a new tool for us, so we contracted Integro for its installation, performance tuning, and for training sessions.

A member from Integro worked with us at our location. He worked with our clients in order to classify the data belonging to them. We wrote classification expressions, which involved communication with our end-users.

Our on-site contact from Integro did most of the work, but I also interfaced with their sales group, admin staff, and project manager. We collaborated with Integro through a mix of remote and on-site work, which helped reduce costs. About 2/3 of the work was done on-site. We also gave Integro one of our own laptops, through which they could connect remotely for the rest of the work.

How did you come to work with Integro?

We learned about Integro at an IBM User Group meeting. We swung by their table and had a few discussions. Integro is an IBM partner, so they came recommended by our local IBM team for information governance work. We didn't look at any other candidates, at least not in-depth.

How much have you invested with Integro?

I cannot disclose that information but it was quite large.

We started working with Integro at the fall of 2015. We purchased a certain number of service hours from them, and have used about 2/3 so far. We can use Integro sporadically, which has been very helpful to us. We plan to contact Integro for larger, more strategic projects, but have only used them for one engagement so far.

We started working with Integro from ground zero. The specialist assigned to us had a great demeanor and took the time to document and explain things for us, so we were very happy with Integro's services.

How did Integro perform from a project management standpoint?

In terms of back-office staff, we mostly dealt with our project manager. She has been wonderful in terms of managing our budget. Everything was transparent and thorough. Integro let us know proactively how many hours we had left, were quick to return phone calls, and had a great staff. All the estimates given to us were respected. We didn't use any project management tools. Communication with Integro was mostly done through email and phone.

What did you find most impressive about Integro?

Integro's team is specialized in what they do and offered us exactly what we needed, without trying to sell us anything outside of the scope. Not being pushy in the sales process was refreshing to me.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Integro?

No. Integro sits at the top of the list from my perspective.

They were always on time.
    It could always be cheaper.
    I tend to give harsh ratings.
    They were very good vendor.

Application Consulting and Customization for Natural Gas Provider

"The quality of the work by Integro is well above average. If I look at other partners that I've used, it really comes down to the individual professionalism, and it really depends on the individual there, whether they're working for them or not."

The client is a Texas-based company that began in 1995 as a small intrastate natural gas pipeline operator and is now one of the largest and most diversified investment grade master limited partnerships in the United States. An inability to match in-house technical resources to project demand required the client to find a partner to support to development and customization of several licensed IBM solutions. Integro was first contracted to supply a team of developers and architects able to help the client upgrade and customize their IBM solutions.

Texas
IT Manager, Natural Gas Provider

The client remains very pleased with the work completed by Integro. According to the client, Integro remains instrumental to the successful completion of their most demanding IBM-related projects. Integro received additional praise for their responsiveness and professionalism. The client maintains an ongoing relationship with Integro and recommends them to others.

I work for a natural gas pipeline company. We provide services to both the MP companies and the companies that sell the gas. We transport the natural gas using our own pipelines.

I am an IT [information technology] manager.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Integro?

The very first project that we engaged them on, I was working for a company that was purchased by Energy Transfer, and the way we were sending and receiving emails wasn't going to work for our new company. We engaged Integro to redesign the way we were going to manage our emails. Because of the system complexity, the expertise and stuff like that, we ended up choosing them.

Please describe the scope of their involvement in more detail.

We have expanded the scope of their involvement over time. There have been multiple projects that we have engaged them on. We've engaged them on both software and consulting work. They're an IBM-certified partner, so they're well versed with software from IBM that we use here. One project was for scanning. Another one was for records management, data collection, and content classification. We've used them mainly for IBM software processes.

How did you come to work with Integro?

I had met them through other relationships and through some trade shows, I knew who they were.

Around $300,000 on an annual basis.

Our relationship is ongoing.

They've come in on or under budget every single time. They've pretty much hit all of our deadlines. When there are issues, they do stick with it and will stick it out for the long haul. If there are any issues, they fix them. That's pretty much it. It's hard to quantify their efforts because they are mostly working on internal software processes and customizing things. I can tell you that the features and functionalities they have been working on have always panned out.

Their communication is pretty clear, too. If there's an issue, they address it quickly and openly. They've been very easy to work with in situations like that. They really haven't been difficult at all. It's been a very positive experience.

How did Integro perform from a project management standpoint?

They have a project manager for each project, and we have a project manager on our side, so they basically collaborate. From a team standpoint, our technical people work directly with their technical people. It's worked our very well so far.

What distinguishes Integro from other providers?

In general, the quality of the work by Integro is well above average. If I look at other partners that I've used, it really comes down to the individual professionalism, and it really depends on the individual there, whether they're working for them or not. But I would say overall, probably professionalism.

Is there anything Integro could have improved or done differently?

I'm pretty satisfied with how they manage the client relationships. The project management is fine and documentation is fine. I guess probably the only suggestion would be some additional cross training of the resources on multiple products. IBM has multiple products, so cross training on six products, instead of just one. That would definitely be beneficial for us.

Overall Score It's been a positive experience.
    That's not a problem.
    It's a good value.
    I would recommend them easily to other colleagues.

ECM Migration for Home Security Company

"I got exactly what I was expecting."

May - Aug. 2014

Integro assisted with a content management system relocation by providing subject matter expertise throughout the main engagement.

Miami Metro Area
IT Program Manager, Home Security Corporation

Integro provided the exact services that were needed without any issues or complications. The agency’s ability to suggest pragmatic solutions to complex problems helped the project run even more smoothly than expected. Integro is understanding skilled and understanding of their clients’ needs.

Please describe your organization your role and responsibilities.

I'm the IT [information technology] program manager for infrastructure for a large home security company. I manage a project management team and a portfolio of about $20 million, along the lines of application hosting, data center management, and hardware acquisition refresh.

What was your goal for working with Integro?

My goal was to relocate a content management system from one data center to another as effectively and efficiently as possible. It is a sunset platform for us and we did not want to undergo any costly upgrades or enhancements. We wanted to forklift it and ensure it came up and ran in the target location.

Integro primarily helped us with subject matter expertise during the main engagement. This is a fairly complicated system using three different databases and two different computing platforms. The resident resource there is an identified subject matter that we've used for years.

When we go to IBM for support, they sometimes subcontract to Integro in this particular resource. So, we ask for that expert by name.

What was your process for selecting Integro with which to work?

I don't know. My role is on the hosting end of it, with respect to the application development solution. Someone else manages the overall solution. My job is to make sure it runs as it's supposed to.

Is the work still ongoing?

No. It was completed successfully in August of 2014.

That engagement was about $66,000. The engagement lasted about three months on an IBM system.

Are you satisfied with Integro's work?

Yes. I got exactly what I was expecting.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

I don’t have any metrics. We had some level of subject matter expertise on our end, but there was value having someone with a deeper skill set that we could go to if needed when some of the critical cutovers were being completed. That level of insurance was mostly what we paid for.

Some of their pragmatism. We went to a few other competitors, and their response was very predictable. They quoted million-dollar upgrades, extended testing times, and possible system development work that we didn't want to engage in. Integro was able to understand our needs and assist us in the way we wanted.

The only thing was that the particular resource we were looking for is in high demand. If I could have brought them on board exactly the way we wanted them, that would have been great. I understand that sometimes, you have to compete for qualified resources, and we were able to make it work. In the end, it worked out, but it would have been nice for it to be a little earlier in the project.

I wish I had gotten them earlier.

ECM Integration for Energy Company

"Integro has done a great job in trouble-shooting our issues and trying to make the system function correctly."

Mar. 2014 - Ongoing

Integro began their involvement with discovery, consulting, and recommendations for an existing system. The agency then conducted training and education regarding upgrades and enhancements.

Houston Metro Area
Project Manager, Oil Company

Integro provides excellent technical and training services and consistently follows up to ensure their work is never left incomplete. The agency is available to help with any issues that arise. Integro is particularly strong in the area of customer service.

Please describe your company.

I work for an oil company based in Texas.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I’m the project manager for an ATLAS upgrade for the law organization. Currently, I hold the position of the law administrator for our matter management process, our hold order process, and I’m also the paralegal supervisor.

What was your goal for working with Integro?

The goal was to have an efficiency review of our current system, ATLAS, and then move forward with the upgrade.

Both consulting and training were involved in this project. We met with them, went through a discovery process, and did some consulting. They made recommendations as to improvements and showed us the enhancements of the system. They also came onsite and gave us the administrators’ training, as well as end user training.

What was your process for selecting Integro with which to work?

I’ve worked with Integro before on some reports last year, and we were impressed with their work product and their customer service. So, we engaged them as a preferred vendor from IBM.

It was about 500 hours of work for this engagement on Integro’s side. The work is ongoing.

What were the results of the project?

Actually, this week, we’re planning on doing the freeze production, and then doing the upgrade later this week, during the weekend. There may be some follow-up during the next week or two, but other than that, that would probably end the project.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

We are satisfied with their work. They definitely do a great follow-up. They’ve pushed forth since the project started back in March or April [of 2014]. We’ve had some challenging stops during the whole project itself, and we had a Cher [Myer], the project manager for Integro, set the weekly meetings and everyone attended and followed up. Integro has done a great job in troubleshooting our issues and trying to make the system function correctly.

I really haven’t worked with other firms other than IBM, and their customer service far exceeds what I have seen IBM provide.

I don’t know if I can speak to that right now. There might have been a few small things. For example, starting with some of the trouble shooting with IBM earlier on, to try to get resolution on some of the technical issues that we’re having. That has not been resolved yet. They’ve definitely done the follow-up, it’s a matter of IBM figuring out what’s wrong with our system.

So as far as Integro’s concerned, they’ve worked towards getting the resolution as quickly as possible.

ECM Implementation for Credit Union

"It’s not just money for them. They do care about delivering top-quality results to the client."

2008 - Ongoing

Integro quarterbacked the implementation and installation of new systems and software. The agency continues to provide maintenance and support for the records management project.

Tucson, Arizona
Assistant VP, IT group, Credit Union

Integro’s understanding of and experience with the software is invaluable. The agency is responsive and available for support at all times and is always willing and capable of solving any problems that arise. Integro’s care and personal touch provide an extra dimension of help and security.

Please describe your company.

We are a $1.2 billion Credit Union in southern Arizona with approximately 450 employees. All of our business is domestic. We have some credit union members who are serving overseas in the military.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I am the assistant vice president in the information technology group. I am primarily responsible for our content management systems, records management systems, and business intelligence systems.

What technologies are used?

We are using the IBM DB2 Content Manager System with the IBM Records Manager as the primary system. We use Kofax for our scanning systems, and we use EMC Centera’s for the backend and storage.

What was the business goal or challenge you were trying to address when working with Integro?

We were looking for a company that had a very in-depth knowledge of all aspects of what we were doing with the IBM Content Manager, IBM Records Manager, and Kofax systems. Integro came highly recommended by IBM.

How did you find Integro to work with?

We were originally working with a different IBM vendor who is no longer in business. IBM recommended Integro as an alternative.

Looking back, do you think IBM was a good platform for your organization?

When we looked at the marketplace in 2003, IBM was one of three vendors that we decided to look at. We were attracted to the strength of the functionality that we saw in their systems as well as the strength of the issues that we were going to be working with at that time. Our decision was to select the IBM Content Manager system.

Describe the scope of the work that Integro did?

Integro came onto the scene about five years ago . We already had the IBM system in place.  However, we didn’t have the IBM Records Manager software and we relied very heavily on Integro to get that software installed. Integro got it up and running, and we’ve worked with them closely on supporting some of the various utilities and programs we’ve got in place.

Even though we do have a lot of paper that we scan every day, the vast majority of the records we bring into our system are imported electronically and never see print. That would include virtually almost of our teller receipts, and most of our signature cards. These documents are all generated through our core system. We render them out to a directory as an image and we’ve got an importer/collector utility that we use to ingest them right into the IBM Content Manager system.

Integro has been very instrumental in helping get those utilities in place and supporting not only the Kofax system for paper but also helping to support the importer/collector utilities for bringing things in electronically.

When was the last project completed?

Nothing has been real recent. Most of the work that we’ve done for the last year has been on the IBM Records Manager software. Integro put that into place and they now understand how it works and functions. We use it for records retention and records management nearly in real time with that software.

What was the size of the initiative in a dollar figure?

The records management project was probably a five-figure project.

How has Integro performed?

Integro’s performance has been stellar. Integro provides a prepaid support package where we prepaid a particular amount of hours. If we ever have an issue, we submit a ticket and they’re on top of it. The resources and the responsiveness from Integro have been fantastic. They are great.

Do you have any stats or metrics to track improvement?

We don’t have any metrics available. We’ve been using the IBM system in total since 2004. I can share that the amount of space required to store physical paper has probably dropped in half because of what we’re doing to get content into a system like this rather than relying on boxes of paper on shelves.

One of the major challenges with records management has been that many of the vendors just don’t understand the difference between a time-based retention where something has a flat-fixed retention rate, such as a receipt, where it’s just a flat seven years from the date of the transaction. There are also events, such as a future event-based retention, where there is a retention period of maybe seven years for a loan, but at seven years from the time that loan pays off. You can’t predict that with a typical ECM system. Integro understands the intricacies of this software.

Is there anything else that’s really unique or special about them?

Integro seems to take a genuine interest in how systems are being used, and the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the systems for their clients. They offer consulting about improvements. The resources have been very knowledgeable, and we can tell that they really care about the client. It’s not just money for them, they do care about delivering top-quality results to the client.

Do you have any improvements to suggest for Integro, or is there anything you would do differently during the projects?

I have no issues with Integro. My only problem was with some of the features with the IBM suite and other platforms.

• N/A NPS

IBM ECM Upgrade for Government Infrastructure Organization

"We needed somebody to help us with the one we already had and Integro seemed to grasp that right out of the gate."

Salem, Oregon
Network Architect, Statewide Government Agency

Integro excels in professionalism, communication, and knowledge of legacy systems. The agency achieved a high level of understanding of the systems that were used in a short amount of time and provided excellent support throughout the project. There were no technical problems Integro couldn’t solve.

Could you give me a brief description of your organization?

I work for a management program set up by a couple of private entities in a joint venture to manage a state Transportation Initiative Act. Segment 3 of the State Act satisfied a few billion dollars to renovate, rebuild or fix about 365 bridges across the state. The Department of Transportation couldn’t handle that kind of work load so they outsourced it all to a company that I work for.

What’s your role and responsibilities, please?

When I first started there, I was the network architect. I helped build the infrastructure and architecture, and implement a lot of the technologies that were used throughout the program. Now, I’m more of a General Information Systems Lead. I’m the subject matter expert on all the technologies within the program and I serve in a management and operations capacity for most of the close out of the program. We are supposed to be ending the project sometime in the next year.

What was the business challenge that you were trying to address?

The file of implementation that we had is behind on versions and has been for several years. As such, the people that actually implemented the technology have since transferred off the program and we had no subject matter experts on how to utilize the application. We were using it on a daily basis but we didn’t know anything about managing or administering it. When we started having issues because our version was so far behind, we were no longer supported by IBM so we had to put a call to help us out with this legacy application.

What was the overall impact you were looking for?

We had some shakiness in the system. There was some instability. We were hoping to have Integro do an overall health check of our applications as well as fix up any issues that we might have. We needed them to monitor the books under a support contract for the remainder of the program through 2014.

Can you tell me about the scope of the work?

We’ve kind of extended the “support definition” of our scope. It was initially just to take a look at our system and get it working again. Since then, we’ve expanded that to be a redeployment of the production system to clean hardware. This entailed building our entire implementation from scratch again and transferring all the data to it. Integro needed to build a development system so that we can do testing next to and parallel from the production system. The work also included support and maintenance of those systems throughout the rest of the program through 2014. We’re kind of taking advantage of them from a support perspective.

They’re doing a lot more than just supporting our implementation. They’re basically rebuilding it, re-implementing it and running it. They have yet to do any training or hand-over. We don’t really have the technical ability to keep up with what they’re doing. We’re developers and IT guys so we just don’t have the expertise to handle this legacy system.

Are there certain attributes about FileNet that your organization finds helpful?

The decision to go with FileNet preceded me. It came from previous contractors. We used a FileNet implementer from Texas initially. I think it was just because the document manager at that time was used to that application.

What was your process for selecting Integro?

We did a typical state process where we put out an RFP and solicited a few inputs and pursuits from other applicants. We ended up with three vendors from our process and Integro was by far the best.

Can you give us a sense of that initiative in a dollar figure?

The initial scope was just for support and then we’ve expanded that to the redeployment.  We estimated that it was going to be somewhere in the $150,000 to 200,000 range. We’re right on target so far.

When was the project completed?

There was a completion date for the initial health check, the follow up fix, and the troubleshooting efforts. We had separate milestones for the redeployment effort. They’ve met all of them. The health check came back with fantastic documentation. The re-implementation or redeployment that we’re doing right now is actually the final milestone, the cutover to the new production systems is happening this Friday.

Do you have stats or metrics to track improvement?

It’s mainly uptime calculations and the system functioning correctly. The bridge program is pretty small these days. In our heyday, we were upwards of 400 people but now we’re down around 20. We just need to make sure that the workflows continue functioning as they’re supposed to throughout the rest of the program. There is not a whole lot of metrics we need to track at this point.

How has Integro performed so far?

Exemplary, they are fantastic. They always pick up the phone, Mike Baney and David Starkweather. David is the PM. He’s eminently professional, communicates the perfect amount. Mike Baney is a wiz when it comes to the legacy FileNet application as well as some of the newer applications. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of the application. He has always been able to answer questions.

What’s unique or special about Integro compared to some other vendors you may have encountered?

Their knowledge of legacy applications is really what brought us on board, plus their professionalism. The other folks that responded to our RFP had IBM FileNet experience and expertise but not specifically with the versions we were looking for. There was a lot of licensing issues and pushes for some custom development and that sort of thing. We weren’t looking for a vendor to come in and build new applications for us. We needed somebody to help us with the one we already had and Integro seemed to grasp that right out of the gate.

Is there any area that you think they could improve upon or maybe you would do differently?

I don’t think there are any negatives. They have offices in Colorado and Mike is actually in Phoenix. Other than their geographic distribution making phone support a little tricky, they’ve managed perfectly well.

Absolutely.
    I already have.

IBM ECM Implementations for Utility Corporation

"They know how to translate technical details down to the business level."

Professionalism:

Integro uses their extensive knowledge of IBM systems to provide email management, installation, and upgrade services. The agency also offers advice for using systems optimally.

Large enterprise

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Director of Compliance, Energy Corporation

Integro delivers quality work within the allotted time and budget. The agency’s ability to deliver on their promises is a noted strength. Communication is consistently efficient and pleasant. Integro is responsive, transparent, and extremely competent.

Could you describe your company?

We’re an investor in public utilities, operating in seven states. For our utility business, we have power plants in three states. We provide independent power generation and we conduct oil and gas exploration in the Midwest.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I'm currently the Director of Corporate Compliance.

What were the business challenges you were attempting to address when you initiated the project with Integro?

We worked on a couple of projects with them. We've worked with them on email management, records manager or IER, and their product, Integro Email Manager. We have ICC for email, EDA and IBM FileNet P8 Suite. The ultimate goal of our work was to facilitate and enhance our compliance with regulatory standards.

What does the IBM ECM solution suite offer your organization?

I’m only speaking with respect to the ECM solution. We may or may not use IBM tools and products across the enterprise in other areas. We started out with common floor or what is now known as ICC for email. It was maybe the only product at the time that allowed us to do email searches. That was back in 2006.

We have built upon that by adding the P8 platform, which includes content management. It’s the process management and information content collector, as well as records manager or IER.

Integro’s email management product is not an IBM product. These tools allow us to easily search through huge amounts of email and become more efficient. We like IBM.

What parts of the project did Integro handle?

They've worked with us on installation and upgrades for several years. They also offer advice to employees on how to best utilize the systems. They are IBM experts so we rely on them for IBM ECM advice. They also help us with document management and E-discovery.

What was your process for selecting Integro as your solution partner?

IBM recommended them to us. After discussing our business needs and requirements with them, we decided they would be a good fit.

Could you provide me with a sense of the size the initatives?

I would say the largest project was the P8 upgrade and it was roughly $150,000 in total.

When was the most recent project competed?

It was completed in December, 2012 and there is ongoing work also.

Could you share any statistics or metrics that would demonstrate the effectiveness of the work delivered?

I really don't have any statistics or metrics to share with you. I can, however, tell you that they completed everything on time and under budget. They actually do what they say they’re going to do.

When working with Integro, is there anything you would consider unique or special about them compared to other solution partners you've worked with in the past?

I’ve worked with a lot of vendors or partners including IBM services. Integro actually delivers. They do what they say they’re going to do and they do it very well. They have excellent documentation. They are very responsive. If you run into an issue, somebody get in touch with you immediately. They never keep you waiting. They seem to have communication down to a science. They have an extremely competent group of people. They know how to translate technical details down to the business level. I haven’t had a single negative experience with anybody at Integro. I think they’re probably the best vendors I’ve ever worked with.