Yeah, we can build that

Located in Boston, Infrared5 is a interactive studio that specializes in the creation of innovative experiences, applications and games for mobile platforms and the Web.

An exceptionally curated team of developers, designers, problem solvers, gamers and all-around creative personalities, we are passionate about designing sophisticated experiences and developing innovative technology solutions. We dedicate our days to collaborating with our clients to solve their business needs, and find inspiration in the challenges we meet along the way. From design to development, our services include creating websites, interactive applications, games, collaboration tools, 3D experiences, streaming media solutions and pretty much any digital experience you can imagine. If you're looking to combine technologies for a unique need or working to bring an imaginative experience to life, you're at the right place.

Infrared5’s team leads development of the open source Red5 media server. Now we offer mobile and modern browser support with Red5 Pro, which includes streaming SDKs and a fully scalable version of the server. Our tools empower developers to easily and seamlessly integrate audio, video, and data streaming into their own apps and build unique second screen experiences. If you're trying to create something ground-breaking, that stretches the limits of technology — we are here to help you. Together, yeah, we can build that.

Specialties

HMTL5, Flex, Java, Red5, Flash, Unity3D, Shaders, Web and mobile application development, Gaming, Second-screen technologies, Videostreaming and real-time communications

2006
    Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
    617.442.4151

Lucas Films, Hasbro, Nike, Match.com, NBC, Sony, Museum of Science

Mobile Gaming Advertising Firm Application Development

"Infrared5 is very trustworthy. You know that they are doing the work locally with a great group of talented individuals. They are very responsive and professional.​"

The client is a mobile gaming and advertising solution startup. The client needed a partner for mobile application development for its client. Infrared5 was selected to design and code the game plus provide testing, and gauge user feedback. Infrared5 continues to work with the client on various development projects.

Boston Metro Area
CEO, Mobile Gaming Startup

The client is extremely satisfied with the work of Infrared5. Their team is trustworthy and delivers very high quality work. The client has no negatives to report. Infrared5 is highly recommended to others.

Please describe your company.

We are a mobile gaming advertising firm. We help clients create mobile application games, and deal with the advertisements within those games.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I am the CEO and founder. I am responsible for pretty much everything that we do here.

What was your goal for the work with Infrared5?

I worked with them on several projects. I will focus on one project that we did with them at the end of 2012 for a client. They helped us create a mobile app game. I needed them to complete that project for me on time with great quality.

What challenge were you trying to address with that work?

The challenge was that we needed a great mobile app game with outstanding quality. We wanted to work with a local firm that had strong local talent. We have been burned by offshore developers who send your work overseas with bad quality as a result. We saw that they had done great work before for important clients.

Can you talk about the scope of Infrared5's work?

They were responsible for the whole gamut of work for app development. They started from the beginning, and did all of the design and coding. They also tested the mobile app game after it was completed to get rid of the bugs. Additionally, they got user feedback for us to improve the gaming experience.

What was your process for selecting Infrared5 with which to work?

I chose them because I received a referral from a friend. I knew that they were local, and provided great quality apps. I looked at their previous work and asked for a bid. I was very impressed by their team and ability to scale up or down, if necessary.

I selected them from a short list of a couple companies. I liked meeting them, knew they could do my work, and wouldn't send it overseas. I didn't have to deal with project managers who didn't do the work. I enjoyed my communication with their tech team.

Can you provide a sense of the size of the initiative with a general cost estimate?

The project cost was between $50,000 and $100,000.

When was the project completed?

At the end of the year in 2012.

What were the results of the project?

The project wrapped up very smoothly. They actually delivered the mobile app earlier than we asked for. The app was well received by users as well. It was very popular, and we got good feedback from players. I am thrilled with the results.

When working with Infrared5, is there anything unique or special about them compared to other mobile app developers?

As I mentioned before, I have been burned by outsourced developers before. They did poor quality work for me, and my former vendor wasn't always honest.

Infrared5 is very trustworthy. You know that they are doing the work locally with a great group of talented individuals. They are very responsive and professional. I can ask them for any help, and they provide great suggestions.

Another thing that stands out about them is their involvement in the project. They don't just take orders, and finish the work. They also provide input and direction about strategy and design. That is unique, and their input is usually spot on.

Looking back, is there anything that you think Infrared5 could improve upon or something you might do differently?

Honestly, there is nothing I can mention. They couldn't have done any better in my opinion.

Very likely.