Global and Award-winning mobile apps development

IceRock Development creates iOS | Android | Web apps that drive revenue and excite users.

We are a full of cycle team of developers with a range of experience ranging from Masters-level experts to self-taught programmers and curious creative coders. Therefore the kinds of projects we work on are often new, cutting edge, across multiple platforms, for digital and in-person consumption, and require a certain kind of mindset to envision and bring to life. We specialize in development of mobile applications (iOS and Android) and web solutions (both backend and frontend).

Our knowledge and experience allow us to effectively solve our customers'​ tasks and create products of superior quality and usability. IceRock develops apps for enterprise and masses across various industries.

Our process invites for your participation at every stage of product creation while we consult and guide you through.

Approaches:

- Fixed Price

- Time & material

Methodology:

- Agile (Scrum)

- Waterfall

Technical Proficiencies:

• Swift • Java • Kotlin • PHP • Yii2 • Socket.io • jQuery • AJAX • SQL • VoIP • GraphQL • Nginx • HTML5 • JavaScript • React-native • Node.js • Laravel • Redux •

Moscow, Russia
    London ECIV 2NX
  • Sovetskaya street 23
    Novosibirsk 630099
    Russia

Praemoveo Ltd. // Domoy telecom // Village Hotels // Schneider electric // Veka // Kaushan media // Six Factor // Golden Flag // Ruby on road // Qbic Hotels // Marmalato // Vsemayki

Russia Running

Mobile application that allows you to follow the most exciting sports events in Russia and abroad in real time, to immediately learn the results of the races, and to be always informed of the upcoming events.

The following Live features are currently available in the app:
- Live broadcasts of RussiaRunning events;
- The “I follow” function;
- The results of the event;
- Personal statistics of participants.

Live broadcast allows you to follow one or several races you are interested in online. Using filters, you can observe the participants of the particular distance; monitor how an overall rank or rank in gender/age/special categories is changing during the race.

The "I follow" function allows you to add the runners you are interested in to a separate tab. For example, running friends and family.
The tab will show the particular athlete’s time, the splits crossed, what lag he/she has from the leader.

After the race, you...

Schneider electric white papers

Custom library for highlighting keywords, coded from scratch. The app for showing new press-releases of the company Schneider Electric, one of the most well-known provider of electrical products all over the world.

Zavezu - delivery service app

Delivery service at its best for lazy bones that picks up, delivers and even acts as a personal assistant.

This is our own product for the local market that allows users to get things delivered to their location or to somebody else. They can track their order on the map in real time and ask their personal assistant about weather or any other info.

Teldar - hotel booking app

Teldar mobile app allows to view the list of appropriate hotels in the city you are planning to visit, to order a transfer to the chosen hotel and view the excursions it provides. IceRock team worked with a legacy code in parallel with another team and got great experience to each.

DrimSim - Travel everywhere

The application for VoIP calls, it means once buy a sim card and use it everywhere around the World cheaper than local telecom providers.

The app allows users to control an overall balance and value of a particular call. DrimSim is a real sim card, plastic, with a chip like other sim cards. But the main difference is that there is no connection with a mobile operator

Selfie Battle

The first international selfie battle. Mobile app for people who love taking selfies and aren’t afraid to admit it !

For the first time, you’ll have the opportunity to fight in a selfie battle with a cute girl, a funny guy, a famous actress, a bored rich lady, or really, with anybody at all on the planet Earth.

M-commerce app

Vsemayki is known Ecommerce as a leading distributor of clothes. One of the greatest feature they provide is custom prints. IceRock developed the application that copies the functionality of the company’s e-commerce store. This app has all the features of a mobile shop.

Moreover, it has a real time graphical editor that allows to create a custom t-shirt by putting a print on it. The applied print can be transformed and edited in many ways.

MeetMe

MeetMe is a location-based social search mobile app that allows users to like (swipe right) or dislike (swipe left) other users, and allows users to chat if both parties swiped to the right.

The app is used as a dating app or hookup app depending on the user's individual preference. Information available to the users is based on pictures from Facebook, a short bio that users write themselves, along with linking Instagram and Spotify account.

Sales negotiator

Sales people helper.

The app which helps sales people define psychological types of their clients to organize more effective negotiation process.

Allowomenstalk microblogging platform

The app lets users create their own posts, read editor curated articles and engage on hot topics with the community. More than 1 000 000 downloads!

Notable features:

• writing user post
• social interaction: comments, following, reposting
• earning status points by engaging with the community

The app is like a subscription to a glossy women’s magazine, but better, faster and easier.

IRecycle

Premiere app for finding local (United States Only), convenient recycling opportunities. AppStore Editors' Choice! The app shows routes to the nearest recycle points.

Plant tracking app

Internet of things (IoT). Control of plants watering from the app. Application provide gardeners with an opportunity to follow the statements of plants and to maintain its basic physical parameters remotely via Wi-Fi. The App allows users to connect a smartphone and a device set next to a pot and etc.

Web Dev for Travel Services Platform

“I'd like to work with them again … They’re very customer-oriented.”

July 2016 - Oct. 2017

IceRock Development provided web development services for a travel startup, working on the minimum viable product. They used a PHP and Yii framework, implementing the development based on sketched designs.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Roman Polyak
Co-Founder, Dive Display

The product is in preparation and undergoing SEO, though will launch soon. The team is customer-oriented and worked hard to create a product using a holistic approach. The geographically diverse team communicates well but could improve their attention to deadlines and number of human resources.

I'm a co-founder of a travel booking startup. We're going to publish it to the market at the beginning of next year.

What challenge were you trying to address with IceRock Development?

I specialize in business development for internet projects and my partner specializes in marketing for internet projects. We didn't want to hire full-time developers for our own company because we're still a startup. We just needed to create an MVP [minimum viable product], publish it to the market, and receive feedback.

It was a requirements project. The developers started from the ground up for the frontend. They are also going to produce a mobile app later. We had our own designer who sketched the designs and they did the implementation and connection of the design. They created the layouts from the sketches.

They didn’t have a technical description of the project. We went step-by-step, guiding them with what certain parts of the project would look like. They're like our own team, but outsourced. They used PHP and the Yii framework.

I worked with 5–6 people.

How did you come to work with IceRock Development?

I was familiar with them before we started work. I knew the founder and the CTO [chief technology officer] from a previous project. That's why I decided to work with them on this project. I trust them and had seen their portfolio myself, which showcases a good range of different projects. I talked to a couple of their clients and received positive recommendations.

We worked with them from July 2016 to October 2017.

We have not launched the project yet. We're preparing the database and some SEO [search engine optimization] as well. I'd like to work with them again for the mobile application.

How did IceRock Development perform from a project management standpoint?

They were an average outsourcer. Some things came after the deadline, some before the deadline, and some things were overestimated — but that’s a normal situation. We mostly used Skype because we are all in different cities. My partner and I take a lot of business trips, so we are always in different time zones and different places. We also used Trello as a task tracker between them and us. Internally, they also use JIRA as a task manager.

I'd like to work with them again. The e-commerce aspect was a little tricky for them because most of their development is for mobile, which is their specialty. They're very customer-oriented. A lot of outsourcing teams do each task exactly as you say, but this company tries to help you create your product. It's a different style of work, and I like it more.

They need a bigger team. Sometimes, they couldn't do something on time because they didn't have enough human resources. But that’s always the case with good developers: if you are a good associate developer, you'll have a lot of requests, a lot of customers, and you can't do everything in one minute.

We were given a special price.

iOS Dev for Online Media Agency

"We have had no complaints and have received good feedback."

Nov. 2015 - Aug. 2016

IceRock Development helped a media company implement several basic pilots of a native iPhone app. They integrated with several libraries and provided simple UI/UX design.

Slavik Kaushan
Founder, AllWomen'sTalk

Integration progressed seamlessly, and customer feedback to the updates was highly positive. integraIceRock Development also earned praise for their technical skills, fluid communication, and deep knowledge pool. They found grrat talent and managed projects capably.

I am the founder of AllWomensTalk, and we are a media company. We have offices in Ukraine and New York.

What challenge were you trying to address with IceRock Development?

We were looking mostly for expertise, and speed of development for our iOS application.

We had a native iPhone app which a few people from our internal team had been working on, for basic things. We started working with IceRock to execute some pilots on the side. They had some ideas and implemented them. We were able to check those out without disrupting our process and core element of the application. They did some basic UX, in terms of button placement and things like that, but not much in terms of design.

They did a lot of integrations with different libraries. They did an Appboy integration, which we are still using. They also did some work which was hard for our internal team to do, it was a type of article creation and editing for the iPad application. We never released it, but we tested it with them and understood how we shouldn’t do it from a UI point of view.

I worked with around 5—7 people from their team.

How did you come to work with IceRock Development?

We found through a referral from someone who had just started working there, they had suggested I talk to them.

Under $50,000.

We began working with them in November 2015, and the project ended in August of last year. I plan to work with them again in the future.

We have had no complaints and received good feedback. They didn’t do much work that was user-centered, as it was more integration.

Most of the feedback I gave them was if it worked. There were no complaints from other developers regarding how it was integrated, which was great, and they did a pretty good job.

How did IceRock Development perform from a project management standpoint?

They were good. We hired the developers, as opposed to outsourcing the whole solution to them. Therefore, I didn’t work too much with a project management team, as we worked directly with developers and provided guidance for the project management.

We most often communicated through Skype chat, and also had a few video calls to discuss specific details.

They find interesting developers. I needed someone with specific experience, and they found me that person. I am unsure if they already had that developer on staff, or if they went out and found him. It was a very positive experience.

Nothing that I can think of. If they would move to New York, it would be great.

Overall Score They are very pleasant, and it was a positive experience. This is one of the first companies I am openly giving feedback for. If I don’t like to work with people, I don’t even want to bother giving feedback.
    There were no issues.
    I have already recommended them.

Two App Dev Projects for IT Services Firm

“IceRock delivers good quality when it comes to mobile and backend development.”

2014 - Ongoing

IceRock was the development team for two Native mobile apps, both available on iOS and Android. The team used Swift, Java – for mobile developing and Node.js, PHP for backend development. They continue to provide ongoing support.

Siberia, Russia
CEO, Trend Technologies

Users have said the application is easy to use and provide regular feedback. IceRock is praised for their strong communication skills and solid deliverables. They have been referred many times to others looking to develop an app as they have been reliable partners.

I am the CEO and one of the owners of Trend Technologies. We have 15-20 employees.

What challenge were you trying to address with IceRock Development?

The challenge from my side for IceRock is to develop unbelievable, user-friendly, easy to use MVPs for my projects with Fixed price approach. I realized how they could deeply understand what I need to implement and what is important for me. It was impressive. IceRock developed a great MVP for the market because my customers were happy to use mobile apps and giving back very good feedback.

The first application acts as a sort of marketplace catalog. Users can select the market they need, open it to see prices and make choices, then place orders for delivery. These markets include supermarkets, restaurants, and drugstores, as well as fresh food and vegetable markets. When a user orders something we don’t have in our marketplace, our customer service will locate it, suggest a price, and if the user accepts it, we will buy it and have it delivered.

The second app is called Taxisto, which is an app that allows users to find and request rides. However, we stopped developing it because Uber started operating in our location.

Both apps are developed on iOS and Android native technologies (Swift, Java), and we used Java, Node.js, and PHP for backend development. IceRock has provided ongoing support for the apps since developing them.

How did you come to work with IceRock Development?

My friend is the Vice President of a fairly large tech company producing games, and she recommended Alexander Pogrebnyak [CTO, IceRock Development] and IceRock to me.

We’ve spent $250,000.

We started working together in 2014, and the relationship is ongoing.

Every day we receive feedback from our staff and customers. We test different variances of the main interface, and we pay our staff using our application. We try to check all professional marketing metrics daily with DAU/MAU [Daily Active Users/Monthly Active Users], which displays customer retention.

Most people tell us the application is very good, but that the service isn’t. We have problems with couriers not being as fast as we want them to be. This is not an issue with IceRock, but with us. However, users have told us our application is quite easy to use, and that they like it.

How did IceRock Development perform from a project management standpoint?

I have a product owner who communicates hourly with IceRock’s team every day via Skype and telephone. Our offices aren’t very far away from each other, either. I communicate personally with Alexander Pogrebnyak, although not very often. I also communicate with Alex Mikhaylov [IceRock Development], who is a mobile development technical lead.

IceRock delivers good quality when it comes to mobile development, which is the reason I continue to work with them.

We tried to use them for website development, but we were not satisfied. We decided to only work with IceRock on mobile app development, and we now have another company providing website development.

I also had some issues communicating with Alexander. He’s originally from a technical background, and I come from a business background, so it was sometimes uncomfortable trying to discuss certain topics, but we know that we can find the best solution and we do it.

They’re good at meeting main deadlines, but some of the smaller things get missed. This isn’t really a criticism, because it can happen to anyone. When it’s pointed out to them, they respond quickly.
    We are a loyal customer to them, and have already been working together for many years. They have very good prices. They are lowest in the market, and that is one of the reasons I stay with them.
    They are very good, but they aren’t perfect. We had some lapses in communication, but for the most part, I’m very happy with how they treat us and how we interact with them.
    I recommend them all the time to many people. I connected them with my very good friends who are owners of more than 1,000 shops in Russia. They are starting to produce an application for their many shops and internet trading.

Mobile App Dev for Blockchain & Data Verification Company

"IceRock Development focuses on their customers."

July - Nov. 2018

IceRock Development built a mobile application that verifies the authenticity of high-value products and goods. Their team developed the application for iOS and Android platforms. The app is now live.

Singapore
Nikita Bragin
COO, ENDO Blockchain Protocol

The app is available for download. IceRock Development’s work quality and speed are noteworthy. Their team is prompt and communicative. Customers can expect a skilled team dedicated to satisfying their client.

I’m the COO at ENDO, a blockchain and data verification service. We provide trustworthy data instantly and safely.

For what projects/services did your company hire IceRock Development?

We hired IceRock Development to build a mobile app for our company.

We needed a quality mobile application that would satisfy even the most demanding customers.

I read reviews of several companies and determined IceRock Development was the best fit.

ENDO Legacy is a mobile application for iOS and Android that confirms the authenticity of goods and products of companies. When buying an item, the user can verify the product, and the company can consolidate the purchase directly. Users can avoid purchasing counterfeit products and prevent the invalidation of items. Goods are tied to an identifier, QR code, and NFC label.

I worked with a project manager and several backend developers.

The app is now available for download.

The communication between our teams was phenomenal. Their team promptly answered our questions and made helpful suggestions.

IceRock Development focuses on their customers. They provide an exceptional quality of work in a timely manner.

No, nothing during our engagement.