Web applications | Web design | Mobile Apps

At Icemint, we always go that extra yard and ensure our customers are happy with the product, by adding extra value in the form of extensive business analysis and product to market strategy, on top of fully functional, clean and polished coding!

Our areas of expertise include UX design, product and project management, responsive single page web apps development. Domains of expertise are: SaaS, matching platforms, e-commerce.

Zaporizhzhya, Ukraine
headquaters
  • Icemint Media Zaporizhzhya
    +38 050 777 1167

C2C Marketplace

SaaS HR Solution

Online Food Delivery Service

MVP Development for Productivity Startup

"They’re a core part of my business now."

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

Icemint completed all remaining coding tasks for an unfinished MVP, conducting a full-scale review, feature additions, and QA testing. They now provide backend improvements and functionality enhancements.

Los Angeles Metro Area
Founder, Productivity Startup

Since its public beta launch, the functional platform has attracted 65% growth each month, thanks to its stable performance. Icemint’s adaptable workflow, consistent accessibility, and broad technical knowledge continue to improve efficiency.

I’m the founder of a scalable assistant platform, which could be considered a marketplace. Our company easily connects with companies’ work tools like email, calendar, Slack, and texting, allowing individuals and teams to outsource nonessential tasks like scheduling meetings or doing data entry. Highly educated human assistants handle the work.

What challenge were you trying to address with Icemint?

I started building the platform just like an MVP with a sole developer. He was helping me as a side project. We worked together for about 3 months, and he was building at an adequate pace. Then, he disappeared. I was left with unfinished code and needed to find a brand-new developer. I also needed to do a full-scale code review. I don’t know much code at all since I’m more on the sales, marketing, and operations side. I do handle all the product design and UX. At the time, I had something of an MVP, but I needed another feature to launch. I reached out to Icemint to build out this final feature so I could launch my MVP.

I gave Icemint the code, which was jumbled and not in great shape. We couldn’t even get it to deploy at first. We worked on a flat negotiated rate, but they ended up doing quite a bit of extra work in the beginning to put me at ease and get to a point where they could start building. To do that, they spent over a week doing free work, which wasn’t part of the scope of work that we initially discussed.

They have a QA layer, but I did the full design layout. All the designs that I provided were in Photoshop, so they could actually recreate everything themselves. I’d give them some guidance as far as what kind of text and images to use and what layout I wanted. We worked with Envision and things like that. I learned how to use Sketch recently, which is starting to make the work more streamlined.

The backend is in Python, and the frontend is all Angular JS. I believe the database is SQL. They first worked on email integration by doing IMAP and SNTP integrations and some API work as well for Google. Now, we’re doing feature development and improving parts of the backend. We did a public beta launch, but it wasn’t necessarily large. We’re also building to scale more easily.

How did you come to work with Icemint?

I interviewed 20 developers before I chose Icemint. A lot of people wanted to charge me for a week of code review, but for that price, I could’ve built a whole extra feature.

How much have you invested with Icemint?

I’ve spent $17,000 with them so far. It’ll probably grow to $35,000 or $40,000 by the end of the year. In 2018, we’ll probably add another person.

We’ve been working together for 6 months, but we took a 2-month hiatus while I started selling the MVP. We’ve just been working on the product again for the last 3 months, and we’ll be working on it for the foreseeable future.

By using Icemint, I haven’t had to find an in-house developer. I’m actually able to put resources into hiring an account manager and operations resources. I didn’t think that would happen before meeting Icemint. I felt in control of the process in the sense of telling them what I wanted. I QA-tested everything before we went live, and I gave the authority to launch.

We launched with no bugs, and the platform has never gone offline. I have all the core competencies that I need on my end. Because they’re in Ukraine and I’m in New York City, it’s really important for the basic things to work, especially at 6:00 PM. I’m getting to a point where I have certain clients who actually take up to 40% of my revenue, so if I lose that client, it’s like I’m back at square 1. Icemint did a really great job of making sure that everything is sound, even when starting with code that they didn’t make from scratch. They did a great job of putting me at ease, especially on the small business side. Right now, the company is made up of myself and another person, so every penny counts. I really appreciate the way that Icemint handles things.

In terms of monthly growth, we’ve been live for 5 months and had 65% growth every month so far. A lot of that is due to the product quality. The space I work in is somewhat competitive, but the clients like the features and the technology behind the platform. We haven’t really gotten any complaints about anything not working. Our team is doing a lot of work on the backend to start automating things.

I’ve funded the whole company. Icemint has built something that we can sell. Now that we actually have enough recurring revenue, we can bring Icemint on board almost full-time. Right now, they’re working 30 hours a week.

How did Icemint perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re very communicative. I have a project manager that I solely work with, and she’s amazing. We message multiple times every day. Nobody’s dropped the ball, and everybody knows exactly what’s going on. At the end of the day, we get an update, even if they’ve only worked for a couple of hours. They tell us when things are moving and when things are stuck. They saved us time through their suggestions and the workflows that they put in place.

What did you find most impressive about Icemint?

I liked that they’re an agency of full-time employees. Even when we weren’t working together, we built the MVP on a flat rate. I think I paid them a little bit more after that, and then I didn’t have any money left. I told them I was going to try to sell it and then come back to them. Even for small bugs that weren’t even their fault, they would do fixes here and there for free. We didn’t have a contract at the time. They didn’t know if I was going to sell more in the future or if I was even going to be a future client. They probably believed in the product and were generally helpful.

I wasn’t necessarily taking full advantage of their expertise. They know how to do everything. This platform has a lot of integrations, and some of them aren’t APIs. We’re thinking about doing a Zapier integration. I’m somewhat technical, but I don’t know how to code. Once I ask for something, Icemint is really good at providing estimates and explaining the process. They’re very transparent. They’ve never gone over budget.

Are there any areas Icemint could improve?

They’re a core part of my business now. There’s nothing I would change about our partnership. They’ve already adapted to what I needed.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Icemint?

Connect with them on the overall scope of where the platform’s going. After a large push, they’ll ask what the next 5 steps are. For example, if I tell them I want to build out these 15 features and I know it’s going to be $100,000, I’ll ask for their ideas on how to skip a step for efficiency. I suggest being upfront with Icemint and making a connection with them instead of just viewing them as an outsourcing firm.

They’re very good.
    They have always worked within the estimate and often delivered for less that we budgeted. One time, they came in at 30% under our estimate.
    We’ve had no critical bugs. I’ve had other people do code reviews online, and they’ve shared good feedback.
    I’ve referred them twice.

Web Dev for Personal Assistant Service

"They understand what our business needs and made a site we’re proud of."

Apr. 2017 - Ongoing

Icemint Media provided full-stack web development for a personal errand site, creating detailed designs and incorporating simple scheduling features for online service bookings. They now assist with upgrades.

Victoria Shyripa
CEO & Co-Owner, Yore Concierge

The modernized website exceeded all technical requirements, attracting over 200 visitors and 70 business requests each month. Icemint Media’s professional demeanor, expert suggestions, and impeccable turnaround time continue to strengthen the partnership.

I’m the CEO and co-owner of a personal assistant company. We provide general errand services for people, such as pet care and dry cleaning pickup/drop-off. We offer additional transportation services, depending on our customers’ needs and requests.

What challenge were you trying to address with Icemint Media?

Initially, Icemint Media developed our company’s first website, which we’re really happy about. We’re now working on a second website project together.

Icemint did everything we needed. It was easy to work with them, and they seemed like a professional company. All they needed from us was a short explanation of what we wanted. We were really satisfied working with them.

They did everything for us, including the backend and frontend development of the website. We provided them with some feature requirements and gave additional information and clarification when needed. They handled all of the design and offered great suggestions. For example, our clients can use our website to order services. I originally just wanted the website to include basic information like an explanation of what we do. Now, our clients can choose the service they want for a certain date and time, which simplifies my scheduling process.

How did you come to work with Icemint Media?

A friend of mine did a project with Icemint not too long ago and recommended them to me.

How much have you invested with Icemint Media?

We won’t know the final cost until the end, but we’ll probably spend between $10,000 and $40,000.

I contacted Icemint in the winter, and we started working together around April 2017. They’re still working on some other projects with us.

I’m completely wowed by their creations. They delivered much more than I expected. They understand what our business needs and made a site we’re proud of.

About 200 people visit our website each month, and we might get 70 requests from those visitors, which is a big increase for us. We previously only answered phone calls, and that was not as comfortable or convenient for people. Being able to access service requests via the website has definitely increased the number of clients we have. We’ve also received some pretty nice reviews. People say our website is simple to use, easy, and understandable. You can’t get lost in it.

How did Icemint Media perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re excellent. I don’t have a single complaint about them. They’re pleasant and professional, and they hit all the markers when it comes to timeliness and communication skills. We mostly communicate via Skype because I travel a lot. We communicated with the web designer, the project manager, and the guys responsible for some of the technicalities. There were probably 10 people involved in the project.

What did you find most impressive about Icemint Media?

I think Icemint has done a lot of work for different groups, and they have insight into various businesses. They only need a short explanation of what I want to make it work. They know what needs to be done.

Are there any areas Icemint Media could improve?

No, I wouldn't want them to change anything. We’ve had a great experience.

I'll absolutely refer them.

Website Development for Custom Shirt Website

"Icemint Media did a fantastic job and offered deliverables at the end of every day, which was great."

Apr. 2016 - Ongoing

Icemint Media developed an eCommerce website for the client on WordPress with WooCommerce integration and custom plug-ins.

New York City Metro Area
Jacob Wood
Founder, Woddies Clothing

The client is very pleased with the finished product delivered by Icemint Media. Their promptness and effective communication put Icemint Media above and beyond the client's expectations.

We run a custom online shirt website. I am the founder of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Icemint Media?

We needed to redevelop the website.

Icemint Media reworked our WordPress site. We have a WooCommerce integration, and Icemint Media has installed plug-ins for it, as well as developing custom ones.

Our project was a major overhaul, with Icemint Media working on the site 20-30 hours per week. They continue to perform 3-10 hours of work on the site per week.

How did you come to work with Icemint Media?

I sourced Icemint Media through a development matchmaker called crew.co.  I had all the designs in place but needed someone to develop the site. Icemint Media came in at the right price and gave a reasonable time estimate in their quote, so I ultimately went with them.

How much have you invested with Icemint Media?

Our project with Icemint Media had a cost of between $10,000 and $50,000.

We started working with Icemint Media in May 2016. We continue to work on an ongoing basis.

How did Icemint Media perform from a project management standpoint?

I've worked with other development agencies in the past, and I loved the fact that I could work directly with a project manager from Icemint Media, who interfaced with the coders. Communication was excellent, beyond just the updates. Icemint Media's team is highly fluent in English and had quick email response times.

What did you find most impressive about Icemint Media?

These guys are amazing. I love working with them. They complete tasks quickly and are super responsive with absolutely no language barrier. They come with my highest recommendations.

Are there any areas Icemint Media could improve?

No, I think that Icemint Media is great, and I've recommended them to several friends.

Overall Score Outstanding!
    They were always available.
    It’s an affordable service.
    Fantastic work.
    I have already referred them to friends!

Web Application Development for Job Marketplace

“I can't say enough about their work ethic.”

Icemint developed a web & mobile application for desktop, Android, and iOS which provides information about pre-college, mid-college, and post-college life, and also about part-time and entry-level jobs.

Greater New York City Area
UI/UX Designer, WayUp

Icemint captured the scope of the solution and delivered excellent results on all the platforms the application is designed for. The team provided deliverables in a timely manner and remains on standby to lend support or perform modifications.

I'm the leader UI/UX Designer at WayUp, a 40 person company in New York City that's a marketplace for college students and recent grads to find internships, part-time, and entry-level jobs. Our main demographic is between 18-24 years of age.

I handle all visual design for our online platforms (desktop, mobile and iOS app).

We are working on a content directory for users to provide information on a number of different aspects of pre-college, mid-college, and post-college life, from helping to find out what major should a student go into, ways to set up a resume, or tips for going on an interview.

We have used Icemint Media on another smaller project and didn't hesitate to use them again. We knew their work was always great, and they worked within our budget and timeline. The Resource Center has been a long project that will have a major impact on our site and users. They developed a web application for our project along with a mobile version. Icemint Media has taken our vision and designs and delivered with no major hiccups, and have always been there to help with any last minute changes.

I can't say enough about their work ethic. They make working on projects very manageable and smooth. When handing over a design, I never have to worry about getting back something so off the track that we'll have to start from scratch.

Overall Score They are a great team that make companies like ours feel like we're in good hands.
    These guys are fast. They are excellent at working hard, giving their schedule, and providing solutions to any obstacles that would hinder our deadlines.
    Icemint always provides well-executed deliverables to us and have never gotten the direction wrong.
    Absolutely. This is a highly knowledgeable team of professionals who know how to produce high-quality work.

Web Development for Travel Booking Website

"Many other contractors weren’t able to take on a project like that, but for Icemint, this wasn’t a problem. They also have good support."

The client hired Icemint Media to provide development services for their platform and website. The scope of the agency’s involvement extended to include support and upgrades, as well.

CEO, Travel Booking Website

Icemint Media impressed the client by delivering high quality work on time. The agency adds value by providing education and advice, too. The client praises Icemint Media for their skilled team and highly recommends the agency to others.

We’re an online travel agency.

I’m the CEO.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Icemint Media?

We needed someone to work on our project. We started the project two years ago and wanted an updated version. The first version was done with a different partner. Essentially, we needed development for our platform and site.

They developed our software, and they currently do ongoing support and upgrades. It is built with Ruby on Rails and has multiple integrations with third-party APIs [application programming interfaces] and SDKs [software development kits].

How did you come to work with Icemint Media?

They were recommended to us by a marketing agency with whom we work. We asked them to do the development for our project, and they advised us to go with Icemint Media.

Our relationship is ongoing. They provide support and upgrades for us.

They delivered exactly on time. They explain things to us and advise us. They take care of our issues exactly as we need them done.

What distinguishes Icemint Media from other providers?

They have a very good team. Our front end uses the Amadeus API. It’s a very high load system, and they do this very well. Many other contractors weren’t able to take on a project like that, but for Icemint, this wasn’t a problem. They also have good support.

Is there anything Icemint Media could have improved or done differently?

No. I think they do better than their competition.

Website Design for Web Hosting Company

"I always was informed about the project's progress and any issues. Icemint Media delivers exactly what we expect on time."

2013 - Ongoing

The client provided Icemint Media with a technical description and some technology stack and tasked the agency with the rest of its development.

Chief Business Officer, Web Hosting Company

Icemint Media consistently delivered quality work and contributed to a successful program. The agency is praised for their effective communication and technical expertise. The client highly recommends Icemint Media to others.

We are an international web-hosting company. We provide a wide range of web-hosting services, such as shared web hosting and domain registration, rentals of virtual and dedicated servers with Anti-DDoS [distributed denial-of-service], SSL [secure socket layer] certificates, and other.

I'm a chief business officer and now in charge of all processes in the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Icemint Media?

We were getting ready to launch a brand new web-hosting company on the market. Our main enemies were time to launch and the quality of work done toward our predetermined specifications. I believe that we succeeded in what we wanted to do.

The project was developed from scratch – we had a technical description and some technology stack already when we started to search for a vendor to assist with design and development. The technologies included Symfony PHP framework, experience with WHMCS, JavaScript/jQuery skills and experience with third-party integrations via API [application programming interface].

How did you come to work with Icemint Media?

We were referred to contact the Icemint team. Although we had other contractors in mind as well, Icemint gave us the most detailed development plan and reasonable prices as well as explained the workflow and expected deliverable.

The total budget exceeded $50,000.

We started the cooperation around two years ago and ended the project little less than a year ago. We still work with their team for long-term support and maintenance of the site.

How did Icemint Media perform from a project management standpoint?

The quality of communication, and the technique they used was great. Every step was clearly understandable for us and was issued on time. The project was completed successfully on time with only a small increase in the budget.

What distinguishes Icemint Media from other providers?

They are always straightforward with you and that helps strongly. They don't reveal company secrets, but I always was informed about the project's progress and any issues. At the same time, I wasn't overloaded with technical details. Icemint Media delivers exactly what we expect on time. This allows us to plan marketing activities in advance.

Is there anything Icemint Media could have improved or done differently?

I would advise they scale the team. There was a time when one of their team members got sick and one of the stages was delayed, although they caught up on the next one. It's great work and, in my opinion, they should grow their business.

Website Development for International Travel Social Platform

"They [Icemint Media] took WordPress, and they did amazing things with it. I didn’t expect that WordPress could be so deeply modified."

July 2015 - Ongoing

The client hired Icemint Media to build their customized WordPress website. The project included making modifications, adding social functions, and writing plugins, as well.

Timur Vorona
Founder, The Vorona

Icemint Media succeeded as the client’s partner by contributing to an effective website that exceeded their expectations. The client noted that the agency's turnaround time could be improved, but recommends them for their technical expertise.

I started my own project a few months ago for people who are looking for new opportunities abroad. There are plenty of people in Ukraine, Russia, and other countries who want to move abroad, emigrate, and do business or study in Europe or the US. They don’t know how to settle in a new country, so they need help. However, there are plenty of local people who know how to solve this problem and can help them. My service is to connect these two groups of people.

I am a journalist with about 15 years of experience; however, the project I did with Icemint Media was independent from my profession.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Icemint Media?

I needed a customized WordPress website built.

We decided to use WordPress to build the site. They made some modifications because WordPress didn’t offer all the features I needed. They added social functions to display user’s profiles and allow people to connect with each other and chat. They wrote some of the plug-ins themselves.

I’ve changed the business model, and now we’re moving from a social network to a marketplace, so they’re currently working on some changes that will be launched in the next few days.

How did you come to work with Icemint Media?

In my work as a journalist, I wrote an article about a mobile game that Icemint had built. The proceeds from the game go to a charity that helps people who are suffering from war in Eastern Ukraine.

Our budget was up to $10,000.

We started the project in July, and we had planned to finish in early September. The project wasn’t actually complete until late September because I didn’t have a clear vision of what I wanted as the final product. We launched the site in early October and I’m still working with them for small modifications that our users request.

There were some bugs when we launched, which they quickly fixed. I don’t know whether the bugs were their fault, but now everything is great and I continue to work with them.

The project was pretty fast; it only took a little bit more than two months to complete. I had expected it to take three to four months, so I’m happy.

How did Icemint Media perform from a project management standpoint?

There was some delay, but it wasn’t only their fault. I didn’t provide them with clear tasks to do.

What distinguishes Icemint Media from other providers?

They took WordPress, and they did amazing things with it. I didn’t expect that WordPress could be so deeply modified. They wrote plug-ins, and they took some open-source software and connected all of it together in one website. It’s really great.

Is there anything Icemint Media could have improved or done differently?

Maybe they could work a little bit faster. When I asked them do to something, sometimes it took one or two days more than what they had promised.

I think it was incredible.
    I’ve already recommended them to a colleague.