e-commerce software for retail and distribution

The i-systems company creates dedicated e-commerce software for retail and distribution. It deals with projects, including omnichannel retailing solutions, cloud hosting, and B2B systems. All solutions are based on the original software, developed by the team of over 100 persons. In recent years, i-systems has been placed twice among fastest growing technology companies in Europe in Deloitte Technology Fast 500 ranking.

Moreover, the company was a part of FT1000 ranking, organized by Financial Times and Statista.

2004
Gliwice, Poland

Among the customers of i-systems, there are brands, such as: Vistula, W.KRUK, Wólczanka, FASHION HOUSE Group, 5.10.15., Big Star, Golden Rose, Hendi, SCA, Monnari, KARE Design, New Balance Poland, R-GOL, RunColors and SfMeble.

Ecommerce Dev for Multi-Store Platform

"Other companies can provide programmers, but good customer care sets i-systems apart."

Oct. 2015 - Ongoing

I-systems built an e-commerce platform integrating web with multiple brick-and-mortar stores in our outlet centers. The team custom-coded filters and other features for country-specific markets, making ongoing adjustments as needed.

Warsaw, Poland
Piotr Kreft
Head of ECommerce, Fashion House

The flexible platform received enthusiastically positive feedback from users and brand partners. I-systems is characterized by responsive customer service, smooth project management and fast development, whether working with large companies or startups.

I am the Head of e-commerce for Fashion House Group, a development and management company for brick-and-mortar shopping centers, which we build, develop, and manage. I am responsible for implementing an e-commerce solution for the company. We have one that is fully integrated with our physical stores. This is a first-of-its-kind e-commerce tool for shopping centers in Central Eastern Europe.

What challenge were you trying to address with i-systems?

As an outlet center, we wanted the e-commerce to match our specific model. We wanted a flexible system that we could adjust to our needs. We have a flash sale model similar to Groupon or Vente-privee—small collections bound over short periods of time, rather than a classical online shop with hundreds or thousands of items available for purchase. We needed to be able to manage each collection separately, upload upcoming collections that were not yet available, and let customers know what’s coming up.

I-systems built on top of their own engine, providing a custom solution. The site displays a bunch of available collections, like brand driven collections, or category-driven, for example: tops, flip-flops, and other groups of products categorized by brand, price point, type, or time of year. We try to mix it up, so flexibility is important. This gives us a creativity curve, and as a result, our customers are entertained in a way—they won’t get bored with our newsletters or offers.

Clicking on a collection brings the user to something more similar to a normal shop. There are filters on the left and clickable products in the main tile view. There are three to four photos for each product, descriptions, etc. I-systems helped with all of this.

We were working in the Russian market, which has its own specifics. For example, Google is not the market leader there, but the Russian equivalent, Yandex. We do use Google AdWords, but it’s a 50/50 split with Yandex.Direct. Courier companies are a little bit different as well. Some of the integration had to be done differently than what we would do in Poland or other European countries.

We have five people working on the project, but their hourly engagement has varied. I usually have one point of contact as the account manager, and there are also developers on the team. I was not involved in assigning time for our project. Our rep decides whether he needs more time with a frontend or backend developer.

I-systems has a large team, more than 100 people. I’ve been to their office a few times, and they have whole building of two floors all to themselves.

How did you come to work with i-systems?

I led the research process. We tried a few approaches, looking for companies in Russia and Poland, since we also had outlet centers there.

I believed i-systems was our best option, compared to all the other companies we analyzed. We narrowed it down to five options and took a few angled approaches. Price was important, but all of the finalists met our requirements. In the end, it came down to responsiveness and portfolio of customers. I-systems was definitely the best, and we enjoyed working with our account representatives. Our contact with the company has always been great.

We started working with i-systems in October or November 2015. We launched in April 2016, after a six-month process. The service agreement is still ongoing. I-systems continues to fix bugs and make minor adjustments or major redevelopments.

We’ve gotten great feedback, not only from customers, but also from our brand partners, which was very important. All of the tenants who lease spaces from us in Moscow have loved the platform, its dynamics, and our different approach to online business. This confirms that we made good choices in our strategy and developer.

How did i-systems perform from a project management standpoint?

They have their own ticket customer relationship management system similar to Zendesk, which I use to communicate with my account representative. We set up tickets for any kind of issue we have or any new development. Tickets are answered quickly, and I can track their history. It’s very convenient. Most of the communication is done through that platform, but we also have quarterly meetings in the office, as well as phone conference calls and emails.

Even though i-systems has acquired huge clients in Poland, they remain responsive to us. In terms of e-commerce, I’m sure we’re not their biggest customer. We launched as a startup in April, whereas they’ve been working with e-commerce businesses that have been around for years and have much more volume.

Nothing comes to mind. They developed everything quickly; it took us six months to develop it, while other companies told us they had a six-month delay.

I already have.

Ecommerce Dev & Integration for Multiple Online Shops

"[W]e were able to finish in 6 months solely because of their hard work."

Jan. - Sept. 2016

i-systems created new e-commerce integration, graphic designs and product logos for an online clothing retailer. They also worked on solutions to improve customer loyalty and allow international sales.

Gdynia, Poland
Maciej Szelągowski
PitbullCity, Ecommerce Specialist

i-systems proved to be a valuable developer. The company plans to use them again for warehouse system integration, as a new store is opening. They provided their own panel for communication, which was a very useful addition to the project management. Sales increased 2 times.

We maintain 3 online shops, namely Pitbull.pl, Pitbullcity.pl and Pitbulloutlet.com, through which we sell clothes and shoes. We have 2 physical shops, one in Warsaw and one in Gdynia. We are opening a second one in Warsaw, in a couple of months. I am the e-commerce specialist.

What challenge were you trying to address with i-systems?

We were looking for the best developer in Poland, and had heard that i-systems was very good. They could help us with our project, so we chose them.

They made an e-commerce system implementation for us, including the integration of several warehouses and new graphic designs, and integrating of the site with the Subiekt GT ERP solution. i-systems did everything from scratch, including graphic design and product logos. We needed a whole new customer experience, and didn’t know anything about this area. They taught us how to work with these systems and how to improve our sales.

They have created multiple solutions to improve customer loyalty and allow international sales.

After opening our second shop in Warsaw, i-systems will probably help us with several integrations, for taking products from one warehouse to another.

I don’t know how many people worked on our project, but we’re currently using around 2 people, who are working closely with us.

How did you come to work with i-systems?

i-systems was referred to us by a friend.

How much have you invested with i-systems?

The cost of their work has been around $25,000.

We started working with i-systems in January 2016, but the first meetings were only with my Boss. Setting up the new online shops took about 6 months, ending in September.

In 2017, we have sold 2 times more items than in the previous year. We have many more new clients, likely because they’ve liked our website and graphic design. There are many new Pitbull online shops, but we are the best, probably because of i-systems.

How did i-systems perform from a project management standpoint?

We didn’t always have enough time to understand what i-systems was asking for, but we were able to finish in 6 months solely because of their hard work. They provided their own panel for client and team communication, which worked great.

Are there any areas i-systems could improve?

There could be some examples, but the collaboration was fine for me.