Hudson Horizons Integrated Web Agency is an award winning full service, digital marketing agency with locations in New Jersey and New York City. Hudson offers products and services in three main categories: web design, website development, and digital marketing, focusing on an integrated approach for web, mobile, and search solutions.

The Hudson team(link is external) is comprised of artists, designers, geeks, researchers, marketers, and writers. We could tell you about our “innovative approaches” and “cutting-edge solutions,” but then we would sound like every other firm. Plus, we would rather let our clients tell you(link is external). You can also check out our portfolio(link is external) to see individual projects and campaigns. If you’re ready to transform your brand, we’re ready to lead the way.

Founded:

Communicator Award of Distinction- 2013 for Coney Island Fun Guide

NJBiz #31 Best Places to Work in New Jersey in the small/medium category

2011-2013 BtoB Top Agencies

Best in Biz-Fastest Growing Company-Small Business Category 2012

The Web Marketing Association- January 2012 Social Network Standard of Excellence for Hatchedit

The Web Marketing Association- January 2012 Certificate of Merit-Not for Profit for NJRCC

The Web Marketing Association- January 2012 Certificate of Merit-BtoB- Incomm Conferencing

Web Award-January 2013 Outstanding Achievement in Website Development for Hatchedit

Fitness Startup Development Work

Mobile app development

Apr 30, 2015

The client is a fitness mobile application startup that makes fitness competitive and fun. There was a need to develop the core mobile app product and a website. Hudson Integrated Web Agency was selected to work on design and development for the mobile apps, the website and work on online marketing and social media marketing. The work is ongoing, but may stop in 2015.

The client is extremely satisfied with the work delivered by Hudson Integrated Web Agency. They provide great project management, quality development, and have delivered consistent online marketing growth. The only minor issue is that the online marketing piece took several months to gain momentum and required some changes before it became successful. Hudson Integrated Web Agency is highly recommended to others.

"The projections we had are all doubled, so it's very successful. It's going better than expected."
— Founder, Fitness Startup

Founder, Fitness App Startup

Freelancer

Baltimore, Maryland Area

Details:

We are a fitness startup.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I'm the founder. I was the designer for trying to implement what we wanted and get to from my head onto development and website.

OPPORTUNITY/CHALLENGE

What was your goal for working with Hudson Integrated Web Agency?

We wanted to find a company to create an online mobile fitness app.

Web development, mobile app development, and they also take care of my online marketing through Facebook, Twitter, Google AdWords, and iTunes. It's Android and iOS.

What was your process for selecting Hudson Integrated Web Agency with which to work?

I talked to three different developers. When I met with Hudson, they were as excited about the project as I was. When I was discussing with them the potential you could tell they were meeting as team of 10 to 12 people and discussing the project even before we had our second and third call.

The other shops were only playing it by ear waiting for me to come to them with the project. They weren't putting any thought or decision making into the process. It's not that I wanted Hudson to make my decisions for me but, at the same time, it was a big venture. So, I needed to bounce the ideas. I appreciated the feedback they were giving me.

Can you give a sense of the size of the initiative in dollar terms or a personnel work-hour figure?

It was from $50,000 to $200,000

When was the work completed?

It's ongoing. The stopping of the engagement is just in talks to be bought by a couple different companies. So, if that happens, the project would stop immediately. I would probably start another project within 24 hours of that.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

The projections we had are all doubled, so it's very successful. They were modest projections. For the small, modest increments I had planning this project out, we've surpassed all those beginning milestones. It's going better than expected.

Are you satisfied with their performance?

Absolutely.

Is there anything unique or special about Hudson Integrated Web Agency that really makes them stand out compared to other business partners?

It's hard to say. I just put my blinders on and decided to go with them. A couple of the other development shops had their shot, but lost my project. They didn't impress me.

What advice would you give to future clients of theirs?

Make sure you have your project mapped out and express what your vision is. They take it from there. The document they provide you for the build out is phenomenal. My cousin, who also does tech startups, he said all the companies he's been with, which are $5 million to $10 million dollar startups. He said if we'd produce documents like that all those companies would be $50 million to $100 million companies.

The only thing I'd say I'd do differently is I had a vision of the marketing process, and it's in line with how I wanted it in the beginning, but we had to do some trial and error. My ideas weren't backed by a lot of statistics, but I'd say on the marketing plan, the only thing I look back on is the first three months, I wanted to go in a certain direction. But, I let them do their research and, after those three months, I narrowed down the field and said I wanted to focus more on a different strategy, which we did and they were happy to accommodate.

We ask you to rate Hudson Integrated Web Agency on a scale of one to five, with five being the top score. What would you give them out of five for the quality of their work?

For schedule, as in being on time and meeting deadlines?

Four. I only say that because none of us knew what Apple would do and they kind of screwed with us. It wasn't Hudson's fault. It was just Apple.

Five.

How likely are you to recommend Hudson Integrated Web Agency to a colleague?

Five. I've given their name out three times already.

Data Storage Service Development Work

Web development

Apr 30, 2015

The client is a data storage company that helps customers back up their data on various devices. There was a need to find a Web design and development partner to work on the company's core e-commerce site. Hudson Integrated Web Agency was selected to work on many different projects involving Web design, Web development, online marketing, and mobile development. The work is ongoing on several major projects.

The client is extremely satisfied with the work delivered by Hudson Integrated Web Agency. They provide high-quality work and always meet deadlines and project milestones. Hudson Interactive Web Agency is highly recommended to others.

"I was so impressed how they [Hudson Integrated Web Agency] handled this backup that I actually have them doing a few other projects that I’ve been working on with other investors. They’re quite amazing."
— Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Data Storage Company

Founder, Data Storage Company

Details:

We’re an internationally based online backup storage company. We backup information to the cloud. We backup computers, iPads, iPods, and the like. We allow customers to guard from of data loss or if they need to backup information for any other reason.

I’m the founder and CEO.

OPPORTUNITY/CHALLENGE

What was your goal for working with Hudson Integrated Web Agency?

Initially, we had two types of developers. We had internal developers writing the code for the back-end. So, we had that piece completed in-house.

We needed a vendor to create a website that would be the connection between the users and the back-end, which is extremely difficult because we’re dealing with multiple API [application programming interface] pulls and a lot of e-commerce going on back and forth. The system also has a mail system built in to help customers keep track of what they’re doing.

Design and development. They do our online marketing also. They do so much for us. They run Facebook, Twitter, all aspects of social media and different advertising as well. They’re our liaison with a filmmaking company that makes videos for us. They help get all that set up. They integrated the back-end to the front end seamlessly.

They’re working on mobile development now as well. It’s a lot of work. They haven’t gone ahead of schedule, but they’ve never fallen behind schedule. They’re always on target with what they need to do. They’re always in communication with me, and they do it right the first time, so I never have to ask them to redo work.

We went to three or four different vendors in two years trying to find the perfect vendor. It was luck that we bumped into Hudson. We wanted to keep it local but, when we went to a local company for six months and spent a fortune of money, the whole thing fell apart. We subsequently went to an international company and they fell apart. Then, we went to a local family out of Long Island and they fell apart.

We were really desperate at that time. We were looking for a reputable company. There are so many companies out there. It’s hard to find one that’s reputable. Someone recommended Hudson and I went down to meet them. I was impressed and decided we’d give them a much smaller retainer than everyone else until they came through. But, they did come through. They did everything perfectly.

It was $50,000 and up depending on the project.

When was the work completed?

It’s ongoing work. We’ve been working with them two years. We have many more years of work to do together because I was so impressed how they handled this backup that I actually have them doing a few other projects that I’ve been working on with other investors. They’re quite amazing.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

I set projections for all major metrics when we started the engagement. They were modest projections. For the small, modest increments I had planning this project out, we’ve surpassed all those beginning milestones. It’s going better than expected, and I would say we have doubled our goal in many cases.

Are you satisfied with their performance?

Absolutely.

Is there anything unique or special about Hudson that really makes them stand out compared to other business partners?

It’s hard to say. I just put my blinders on and decided to go with them. A couple of the other development shops had their chance to win my business but didn’t. The other companies didn’t impress me like Hudson Agency did.

What advice would you give to future clients of theirs?

Make sure you have your project mapped out and express what that is. Hudson will take the project from there. The document they provide you for the build out is phenomenal. My cousin who also works for tech startups said all the companies he’s been with which are $5 million to $10 million dollar startups would’ve generated hundreds of millions of dollars if they could produce documents as professional as Hudson does.

The only thing I’d say I’d do differently is I had a vision of the marketing process, and it’s in line with how I wanted it in the beginning but we had to do some trial and error testing with Hudson.

My plan wasn’t backed by a lot of statistics. When we created the marketing plan, for the first three months I wanted to go in a certain direction, but I let them do their research and after those three months I narrowed down the field and said I wanted to focus more on our current strategy, which we did, and they were happy to accommodate.

For schedule, as in being on time and meeting deadlines?

Four. Just because none of us knew what Apple would do, and they kind of screwed with us. It wasn’t Hudson, it was just Apple.

Five.

How likely are you to recommend Hudson Integrated Web Agency to a colleague?

Five. I’ve done that three times already.

Numrich Gun Parts Corporation Web Design

Web design

Mar 3, 2015

The client is Numrich Gun Parts Corporation, the world's largest gun parts manufacturer and online retailer. There was a need to develop and design a new website that was more modern and better for online sales. Hudson Horizons was selected to design, develop, and maintain the site for years. Hudson Horizons is also adding new features on an ongoing basis for at least one more year.

The client is extremely satisfied with the work produced by Hudson Horizons. They are easy to work with, competent and have a large team. There are no complaints to report. Hudson Horizons is highly recommended to others.

"They are very personable. That’s why we actually chose them."

IT Manager, Numrich Gun Parts Corporation

Details:

Please describe your firm as well as your role and responsibilities.

I’m the IT manager. Our company is the world’s largest supplier of firearm parts and accessories. We’re a mail-order business.

OPPORTUNITY/CHALLENGE

What was your goal for the work with Hudson Horizons?

We had a website, but it was growing way too busy, way too fast. It wasn’t very modern in appearance. We needed a scalable, modern-looking, definitely faster-performing website.

What was your process for selecting them to work with on this project?

We wanted someone who was in driving range of our business because we find that you really have to have a face-to-face personal relationship with someone who wasn’t afraid to come and talk with us so. We wanted actually to meet individuals as opposed to someone just on the other end of a website. We selected probably a dozen of them that were within driving range of our location. We chose them after interviewing all 12.

Please describe the scope of the work.

There was both design and development. We also paid them to support our website, so we don’t have to monitor it. We don’t have to see when there are errors. It wasn’t just, “We wanted you to build it and see you later.”

How much of the design elements did you provide to them?

We let them handle that completely. I just approve designs. Sometimes, they give us a couple of options.

Can you provide a sense of the size of that project or, if not that in monetary terms, just the amount of hours approximately they dedicated to your work?

I wouldn’t be able to. I’m sorry. It’s huge. We’re one of the largest e-commerce sites. Almost anyone we interviewed talked about it. We have a half million SKUs [stock keeping units].

Is the work ongoing?

Yes. Originally, we hired them for one project to redesign, build, and complete the website. Now, it’s an ongoing project because we need functionality, we want changes, and we want updates.

What are the results of the projects?

Phenomenal. We signed up again for a whole other year with them to maintain and update and monitor our site.

Do you happen to have any statistics or metrics that you could share about the success of the site?

We’re very tied to world events, politics. I can tell you complaints about performance. We’re down to from thousands of questions a week to only a couple hundred. At least 80 percent of the complaints have dropped right off.

How did Hudson Horizons perform?

They are very personable. That’s why we actually chose them. They took the time to come just like the others. They sat, talked, and gave us feedback. You aren’t just brushed off on one guy. You’re assigned a team. You deal with the entire team. You don’t have to worry about one individual, one guy going on vacation. They’re a full-size company.

Looking back on the work so far, is there anything that you think they could improve upon or something you might do differently looking back?

They’ve never done anything on our scale. It was new to them this time, but that’s not their fault. One of the reasons we went with them was because of their history and their sales. I think they might have done things differently if they’ve done something on this scale before. I don’t have complaints about it.

We ask you to rate them from one to five with five being the best score. To start, what would you give them out of five for the quality of their work?

Five.

For cost, as in value for your money and sticking with original estimates?

Five.

How likely are you to recommend them to a colleague out of five?

Dennis Brown

Duralee Web Design and Development

Web development

Jan 14, 2015

The client is Duralee Fabrics, one of the largest textile wholesalers in the United States. There was a need to design and develop a very complicated website with e-commerce capabilities. Hudson Horizons was selected to handle the large project in three stages. The last phase is just beginning.

The client is extremely satisfied with the work produced by Hudson Horizons. They are very honest and flexible while providing strong advice. The only minor complaint is that Hudson Horizons is not as strong in design as they are with development. Hudson Horizons is highly recommended to others.

"They are very honest and flexible to work with."

Director of Software Applications at Duralee

BACKGROUND:

Please describe your company.

Duralee Fabrics is a textile wholesaler that caters to interior designers and architects. We are the fourth largest textile wholesaler in the U.S. and have been in business for about 60 years.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I am the director of software applications. I work with all of the internal software application systems, and I was a key contributor to the Hudson Horizons website project.

OPPORTUNITY/ CHALLENGE:

What was your goal for working with Hudson Horizons?

Our software vendor is in New Zealand and deals with all of our order entry and our shipping system. The integration with the website would have been API [application programming interface] driven. We have an off-the-shelf shopping cart. It's very technical because we're dealing with fabric and yardage as well as different types of orders. We don’t have a regular standard order. We have reserves, cutting for approvals, and we send out memo samples. It's a very technical shopping cart. Our challenge was to find a company that could handle the technical aspect and understand our business in a very short period of time and deal with our APIs and our software vendor in New Zealand.

On top of that, we had an R&D [research & development] company in Russia. They had to plug in the software to our system as well. It was a search engine where a person could search for something like 100 percent polyester upholstery fabric with green dogs. It would come up with all of the fabric selections in our 60,000 SKUs [stock keeping units] and give them the right search results. They worked with that vendor on the search side, too.

We have sales reps around the U.S., including 13 corporate showrooms. We needed to build a permission-based login system where the sales rep can log in, and you can manage their customer's account. The shopping cart show exactly what’s on back order, what's on reserve, their shipping addresses, etc. For our customers, the interior designers may have 10 people working for them, of which one person would be paying the bills. So, we build a commission-based system where the person paying the bill would be able to pay it, and the others would only be able to place orders. It was highly technical.

From that point of view, they helped us with the backend design as well as training and support later on. We have continued our relationship with Horizon on Phase 2, which was just completed, and we're going on to Phase 3 with them.

SOLUTION:

They did a lot of design from a technical point of view

What was your process for selecting Hudson Horizons to work with?

We had a vendor that started using a programming language called Ruby on Rails. Unfortunately, he couldn’t complete the website, so we were out of pocket. We searched the entire United States for a developer that could help us with Ruby on Rails to pick up that code and complete it. That’s how our vendor selection started, but we couldn’t find any that could look at our shopping cart and say they could program it on Ruby.

Then we decided to look at vendors with any other programming language that we could tap into. Our vendor selection was out of approximately 60 vendors over a good year of searching.

Could you assess how Ruby on Rails handled your needs?

We dropped Ruby on Rails because they do it on .NET and the platform would not work for our company. We did a few vendor selections of people that we liked, and liked what we saw, but they weren’t willing to pick up the code and continue on because they knew it was an absolute mess.

It's an ongoing project. The first project was about a year. Our project manager had a team of programmers, and we just dealt with him. We're not sure where their resources were. In our IT department, we had four people on the project and two people from marketing. It was a major project.

RESULTS & FEEDBACK:

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

The results have been good, and they made the milestones when they needed. They were completely flexible. We can never make up our minds on what we want. They were very flexible and gave us good advice. If they didn’t meet a milestone date, it was because we couldn’t make up our minds. They were within budget. Whatever they quoted us for the project was exactly what they billed us. We were happy. We kept them on target, and later, they kept us on target.

They are very honest and flexible to work with. We put them through some horrific meetings, and they always remained cool, calm, and professional.

We are higher end in design, and we needed a very strong design team. The marketing team felt they weren’t that strong on design, even though they were very strong on the technical side. But, it could also be because of our industry. We design fabrics, and we're always at the edge of fashion. So, from a normal person or company, a hospital that is doing a website, they’d probably be fine with it. It did not impact the design of the project. They told us, and we knew it, so we added additional resources. They hired more designers that we're working with right now, and that we're happy with. They immediately improved upon it when they realized they had a shortfall.

We ask you to rate Hudson Horizons on a scale of one to five, with five being the top score. What would you give them out of five for the quality of their work?

Definitely a five. They’re good.

Four.

How likely are you to recommend Horizon to a colleague, out of five?

Denise Hoffman