BRANDING | DESIGN | STRATEGY

We help purpose-driven organizations create meaningful solutions for people and places.

You’re working hard to build a brand that makes a difference.

We can help.

You’ve got big dreams. You deserve to have a marketing partner that understands the challenges that come with making an impact while making a profit.

You’re not alone. A lot of companies have a great product, service, or mission but they struggle to connect and inspire because bad design and misaligned messages silence their voice.

We’ll help you transform from unheard and overwhelmed to inspiring and impactful.

Hedgesville, WV

University of Alabama Center for Economic Development, WV Community Development Hub, Development Authority of Berkeley County, WV Healthy People Healthy Places, Martinsburg-Berkeley County CVB, Valor Hospitality, Marriott, Alabama Gulf State Park, University of Maryland Medical System, Maryland Proton Treatment Center, Central Maryland Radiation Oncology, Healthy Berkeley, Society for Advanced Body Imaging, Social Studio Baltimore, Family Tree Maryland, WV Families Leading Change, WV Can't Wait
Social Studio Image

Social Studio

We helped empower an art studio’s dream of inspiring artists of all ages and abilities to create art, community, and positive change in the world.

Through a comprehensive brand strategy process, we helped Social Studio find clarity around who they serve and launch their new business into the world.

That strategic work inspired a branding approach that celebrates the freedom and possibility of

making art. Through a website, email templates, postcards, stickers, and more,  the brand’s freedom and energy encourage folks to engage in what inspires them.

The six individual illustrations that make up the logo are each a piece of art on their own, but together, they create something more. Just like us. Make art. Create Community.

2019 GDUSA American Graphic Design Award

Branding & Logo Design for Community Art Studio

They’ve done exceptional, thorough, and thoughtful work.”

Aug. 2019 - Ongoing

Hersick + Webster ventured to brand an emerging art workshop. Engaging the client in extensive conversations, they delineated the business mission and delivered a logo, website, and various collateral materials.

Baltimore, Maryland
Genie Arnot
Founder & CEO, Social Studio

Hersick + Webster empowered the business to discover its professional direction. The talented duo ensured a collaborative process by cueing the client into all creative decisions. Delivering phenomenal designs, the team was a pleasure to work with. They served as a true partner to the business.

I’m the founder and director of Social Studio, a local neighborhood atelier that holds art classes and workshops.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hersick + Webster?

My business is very new, and my background is in teaching; I had no sense of professional marketing. I decided to defer to branding experts to delineate and reflect my vision.

James (Creative Director, Hersick + Webster) and Laurel (Art Director, Hersick + Webster) engaged me in extensive conversations to help discover my professional identity.

They first met with me to learn about my business and the space I work in. An initial deliverable that I’d wanted was a new logo, but they used the design process to not only arrive at a logo but to help me figure out what direction I wanted to take with my business.

We had weekly meetings to produce different branding elements for my business. They delivered a comprehensive brand strategy to clarify our target audience. They helped me choose on-brand language to reflect my business values. The partners delivered different branding options for me to choose from, and every stage of the process was iterative and fluid.

In the end, they delivered a logo, a website, and a variety of collateral brand elements, like internal and external décor for my workshop.

I just worked with James and Laurel.

How did you come to work with Hersick + Webster?

They were recommended to me by my good friend and advisor. She works in the marketing department of the University of Maryland, so even though I hesitated to seek professional assistance, I trusted her recommendation. I was also attracted to Hersick + Webster because they have a history of working with companies for social good.

I’ve spent somewhere under $10,000. I expect that the collateral materials, like Mailchimp templates, flyers, and notes will cost me an additional amount.

We began working together in August of 2019, and the work is ongoing. My business opened in September, but the roll-out of the branding elements has been gradual.

They’ve done exceptional, thorough, and thoughtful work. Thanks to them, I was able to truly discover who I want to be, as a business. They’re outstanding at what they do—and the goal of community-building, which is an integral component of my business, came naturally to them.

The conversations we had were extremely valuable because they legitimized some of my half-formed ideas. My clients love their work and the interactivity of their designs. I’ve received great feedback from both children and adults. The designs have both a playful appeal as well as sophistication. I would never have arrived at these designs by myself, so I’m very grateful.

How did perform from a project management standpoint?

They were great because they were very transparent about delineating the timeline and explaining how the process works. We held weekly meetings through video call. They were reachable through text and email.

They were phenomenal to work with; they transcended the traditional client relationship to really partner with me. They never tried to sell me anything, they really collaborated with me to push me towards actualizing my professional identity.

Other than wanting them to live closer to me, I don’t have any complaints. They handled a long-distance engagement exceptionally well; they visited me for in-person meetings and made me feel very close to them.

Trust their process, and don’t hold back with your ideas. They’re the ones who can help you execute and visualize your dreams in a way that no one could do on their own.

Branding & Strategy for Federal Contracting Company

"We were named a top workplace by the Baltimore Sun in 2018 right after the rebranding."

Feb. 2017 - Mar. 2018

As part of a rebranding, Hersick+Webster conducted a series of focus groups with various employees. They made strategic recommendations based on the results and presented them to senior leadership.

Hanover, Maryland
Sarah Woods
Marketing Director, Bridges Inc.

Internal and external feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Hersick+Webster’s responsiveness and ability to turn constructive feedback into implementable deliverables were hallmarks of their work. The team’s quality work and creativity contributes to the imminent expansion of their role.

Bridges Inc. has a long history in federal contracting in the cybersecurity and big data space. We also have a new commercial venture.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hersick+Webster?

They helped us with a complete rebrand of our company. They worked on everything from the logo and messaging to graphic design and style guide.

Hersick+Webster started with research through focus groups specifically designed to capture different perspectives in our company. Participants included both technical and office positions, as well as staff that have been here long- and short-term. They asked questions such as what excites them about the industry. They exposed them to different media to find out what they thought looked more like us.

The focus group helped us hone in on the right digital identity, voice, and tone. They worked closely with us to develop a recommendation options, which we shared some with a multi-functional team. We got internal feedback and then brought final recommendations to the CEO and a small group of stakeholders to make the final choice.

We usually worked with about three people.

How did you come to work with Hersick+Webster?

I'd worked with them in a previous role. We put out an RFP. They were one of several to respond, and they were chosen by our leadership team.

Work began in February 2017 and was completed in March 2018. The overall relationship is ongoing because the rebranding project then flowed out into all new opportunities.

Their work for us won awards, so they delivered an award-winning campaign. It received a resounding favorable response from our internal and external communities. We were named a top workplace by the Baltimore Sun in 2018 right after the rebranding.

How did Hersick+Webster perform from a project management standpoint?

Hersick+Webster was very responsive and communication was so easy. We typically used email. If anything was urgent, we'd text or call.

It feels like they're part of our family. Hersick+Webster is our right hand, go-to resource. They’re very involved with us with us on projects so it doesn't feel like we're using an outside contractor.

No, not off the top of my head.

Be clear on what's a "must" and then leave open what's not. That's their space to come up with ideas.

I've already recommended them.

Graphic Design & Copy Layout for Medical Publication

"I was impressed with their good communication, collegiality, and ability to solve any problem."

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

Hersick+Webster designed a quarterly print publication for physicians. The final design needed to appeal to the target demographic and be readable.

Baltimore, Maryland
Anne Haddad
Publications Editor, University of Maryland Medical System

Internal stakeholders speculate that a recently published article featuring Hersick+Webster's design resulted in over 100 patient referrals to the spot-lighted physician. The team was open to client amendments and provided proofs quickly.

Publications editor at a large academic medical center and 14-hospital system.

For what projects/services did your company hire Hersick+Webster?

Design of a quarterly physician-facing print publication.

Appeal to physicians, readability, flexibility for revisions.

My predecessor selected this vendor. I am happy to continue, as they are responsive to our needs and do a great job.

I submit text, photography and any other content, they provide a proof, and based on client input, we can expect to have two more rounds before they provide files for our print-mailing vendor.

I am the only one on our team who communicates directly with the vendor. I coordinate all other activities on our end by our photographers, in-house creative director, marketing and communications staff and faculty physicians.

A recent article, after publication, is believed to have resulted in more than 100 referrals of patients to the physician interviewed in the article.

Very effective on their end. They turn around corrections and proofs very quickly.

I was impressed with their good communication, collegiality, and ability to solve any problems—and most importantly, their good design.

Not that I can think of.

They always accommodate us.
    The client who pays is happy with the cost.
    communication and responsiveness