Design. Build. Deploy.

Gold

Headquartered in Atlanta’s business district of Buckhead, Helium brings over 30 years of software development experience to the table. Our team of designers, developers and dreamers are dedicated to solving complex problems for our clients.

We’re proud to partner with industry leaders and innovators to create custom mobile applications, websites, tools, and architecture.

Atlanta, GA

GMEA (Georiga Music Educators Association), NotJustOK, Kakuto Challenge, Purely Sedona, Skimcast, Terminus Software, TopRight Partners, TortIQ

Skimcast iPhone App Image

Skimcast iPhone App

Atlanta Startup, Skimcast, partnered with Helium to build a 'Cliffs Notes On-Demand' iPhone application. The application helps students and the visually impaired by using an algorithm to truncate large documents into brief, digestible notes.

Download the app here - itunes.apple.com/us/app/skimcast

Attorney Website - The Patterson Firm Image

Attorney Website - The Patterson Firm

The Patterson Firm partnered with Helium to build a mobile-friendly, responsive, modern website.

The website was built using WordPress. It includes page load animations, a customized YouTube channel integration, and a Lead Generation form.

View The Patterson Firm website at jackiepatterson.com.

Terminus Software - Stack Grader Image

Terminus Software - Stack Grader

Terminus Software selected Helium to create a web-based Stack Grader. This tool is a critical part of the Terminus Marketing and Lead Generation strategy.

Try the stack grader here - terminus.com/account-based-marketing-stack/

Web App Dev & Mobile App Support for IT Consultancy

“Helium excels in providing all aspects of development.”

Mar. 2016 - Mar. 2017

Helium made enhancements to a web iOS application, including integration of a location-triangulation functionality. They also modified an open source survey tool and built the portal that retrieves its results.

Dustin Tenhouse
Senior Director of Dev, Timestar Technologies

Reliability regarding provision of progress updates and exceptional communication are just two of Helium’s most valuable assets. They delivered fully-functional code, never missed a deadline, and overall, proved themselves as a comprehensive dev shop willing to adapt to spec changes.

Timestar Technologies is a consulting and software services company. We specialize in retail, analytics, and analysis. We manage large databases for clients, then do analytics, data visualization, and reporting in a service capacity. It’s generally not a single project, but an ongoing service that we provide for our clients. I’m the senior director of development.

What challenge were you trying to address with Helium?

We engaged with them to do enhancements and maintenance on our existing web and iOS app, ActionTracker.

We engaged with them to do enhancements on the web and iOS app, and we also needed help with maintenance. It was an ongoing project that probably lasted a year, but it wasn’t a full development during that time. It was mainly doing maintenance when things came up or any issues that needed to be addressed.

They also made some updates so people could have their location triangulated, which allows us to guess what store is closest to them. They also provided maintenance when something came up or if something stopped working.

The more recent engagement we had with them was a survey tool that we built for a client. It was based on an open source tool, and we had them modify it for our needs. It allows people through the website or web app to ask questions, and has drop-down lists, radio buttons, and text boxes that provide answers. The answers get recorded in a database, and Helium built the portal where the results can be pulled down through the website as well.

I generally interacted with 2 of their team members, including someone handling sales and design, and Terrence [Co-Founder, Helium], who worked on developmental and technical aspects.

How did you come to work with Helium?

One of the team members had been with our company prior to starting with Helium, so they had some familiarity with the app.

We worked with them from March 2016–March 2017.

The survey tool app was built in 3 weeks. I don’t recall having to go back and make any revisions, and the code they released was fully functional. The only thing we had to do after the fact was change the option around password retrieval, which wasn’t a part of the original spec. It was released in perfect and working order. It was for a specific client, so it’s not open to the public. There are around 300 users on a daily to weekly basis.

How did Helium perform from a project management standpoint?

We generally connected during the development cycle at least once a week. They were reliable about scheduling a review time with us and talking us through the status of their development cycle. They let us preview features when they were ready, and their communication was exceptional.

They had wonderful capabilities and skills on both the design and technical sides. Other shops may be good at coding, but they aren’t necessarily helpful with designs, logos, and layouts. Helium excels in providing all aspects of development.

No, they’re strong in the areas we engaged with them on.

Do you have any advice for potential clients of Helium?

Don’t be afraid to engage with them in the design and interface side of development work. That’s a unique area that Helium is good at, and something they offer that some other shops don’t.

Overall Score We were in good communication with them throughout both the development cycle and the extended maintenance period.
    We didn’t have any problems with missed deadlines.
    They do excellent work for a reasonable price.
    They were great. There were no code changes that were required after they released the survey tool to us.
    I would recommend them.

Web Design & Dev for Divorce Care Resource Platform

"[They created] a platform that I haven’t seen anywhere else on the Internet."

May - July 2016

Helium built a WordPress site used by 30 different professions to collaborate, share data, and promote themselves via social media. The website also aims to educate and appeal to the general public.

Steve Parker
Founder, Divorce911

A willingness to collaborate and think creatively resulted in a sleek, intuitive product. The site hasn’t crashed once since its debut and Helium always remains in constant communication.

I am the founder of a real estate company that focuses on the divorce care industry niche.

What challenge were you trying to address with Helium?

I wanted to create a website to build my online presence. I needed an intuitive and intelligent site that would be educational and informative while also appealing to the public. I wanted it to have a strong call to action for visitors, as well.

We leaned heavily on Helium to provide the expertise on web design and functionality. I had some ideas of what I wanted it to look like, and they helped make that happen. We have about 30 different professions working with us, and Helium structured the site so all of them can collaborate together. They can join the site, get into the backend, find pertinent information, and share their content through blogs and other social media. Helium helped us do all of that by creating a WordPress site to keep it organized in one spot.

A friend referred them.

Our project size was approximately $10,000 - $12,000.

The project began May 2016 and finished in July 2016, but we’re still working with them.

The website launched, and it’s been incredibly successful.

How did Helium perform from a project management standpoint?

They were in constant communication during the project. They’re easy to get a hold of, and they were always prompt and on time. They listened to what we wanted and went from there. When needed, we had in-person meetings.

They're highly intelligent. They were willing to work with us and create a platform that I haven’t seen anywhere else on the Internet. They had to build it from the ground up since they had no example to copy. We’ve had no bugs or crashes with the site since it launched.

Advice for potential customers?

Give them a call and tell them everything on your mind. If you clearly communicate your needs to them, they'll be able to integrate it all together.

Overall Score It's been an excellent experience.
    I already have!

Back-end & Mobile App Dev for Reading Platform

"They’re really honest guys."

Oct. 2016 - Ongoing

Helium built a cross-platform mobile app to house a language processing software. They mainly provided extensive UI/UX design work and back-end development.

Mark Newton
Shareholder, Skimcast

Two months after launch, the apps had been downloaded 10,000 times and received highly enthusiastic feedback from its users. Helium set themselves apart with their transparent communication, quick response times, and accommodating management. Direct access to developers streamlined the project.

We're a natural language processing company that takes general text from the web and uses artificial intelligence to create a summary for the reader. This enhances the reading experience for those who have difficulty with small print, and helps those with busy schedules better understand long-form, online articles.

What challenge were you trying to address with Helium?

We needed to build a mobile app for iPhone, Android, and tablets.

Helium created a UI/UX design, after which we provided feedback and fine-tuned the project. They then began development work, building the apps from scratch. They used Amazon Web Services to create a core backend, and then worked in tons of detail to enrich the user experience.

Joe Norton [co-founder], managed the project for us, but we also had direct access to the developer, Terence Jackson [co-founder]. We dealt with those two throughout the entire project.

How did you come to work with Helium?

They were referred to us through a couple of companies I work with closely.

We began work in October 2016 and the apps have already launched. Our relationship is ongoing.

In the first two months of launching the apps, we had roughly 10,000 downloads, even more if you take Android downloads into account.

We’ve gotten very positive feedback. We've already received requests for future features, and our users seem very pleased with their experiences.

How did Helium perform from a project management standpoint?

We had a unique request in that our main developer and founder has severe vision impairment. Although he's a coder, he needs an extremely large font in order to do his work, so most project management software applications didn’t work for us. Helium was very adaptive, and we ended up using spreadsheets for organization, which worked out really well.

We conducted regularly scheduled calls, but Helium was always available any time we had a question through phone or email. I also found it helpful that we had direct access to the main developer.

Helium’s honesty helped the project run smoothly. If they encountered a problem, they came to us immediately and were always up front about any issues. They took ownership of any mistakes, and if one aspect of the project was running late, they would explain the situation. They’re really honest guys.

No, I really don't have any recommendations. They impressed me.

Advice for potential customers?

They should feel very comfortable working with Helium. I've already hired them for a separate project, in addition to their ongoing work with our apps.

Website Design & Dev for Business Litigation Firm

“It was the quickest turnaround that I could imagine.”

Mar. 2018

Helium designed and built a custom WordPress website for a legal firm.

Jackie Patterson
Owner, The Patterson Firm

Their work has contributed significantly to brand awareness and lead conversion. Helium’s speed, top-notch deliverables, and solid project management set them apart from other vendors.

I am the founder of a business law firm.

For what projects/services did your company hire Helium?

We hired them to do website design and development using WordPress.

My goal was to have a visually appealing website. I also wanted to find a company to help me host and maintain it for the long term.

I learned about Helium after seeing another website they created. I was impressed with their work and pricing, so I hired them.

I worked with Joe (Partner, Helium). He was my project manager.

The product was simply superb. The website is a great addition to our other promotion efforts—billboards, television commercials, and online advertising. My ads drive a lot of new business, and my website is a great place for them to land and learn more about our services.

Joe took care of everything. We sat down, I told him what I wanted, and they took care of the rest. He answered all of my questions and kept me informed throughout the process.

I was extremely impressed with their speedy service.

No. It was the quickest turnaround that I could imagine.

Overall Score They produced fantastic work.
    They worked with my schedule.
    It was quite reasonable.
    Their work was top-notch.
    There’s no doubt about it.

Gold