We build enduring brands.

Heirloom is a brand strategy and identity firm. We’re working with entrepreneurs and business leaders to build enduring brands for emerging businesses.

Pacifica, CA
  • 446 Old County Road #100-363
    Pacifica, CA 94044

Hewlett Packard Enterprise, J.D. Power, GE, Corelight (security), Alongside (HR tech), Marketo, Flex (Flextronics), Pinterest, EMyth, Varian, Early Warning, Splunk, Vyond, Lineate, Environments (Portland), George P. Johnson, Walmart

Alongside brand name Image

Alongside brand name

Heirloom helped Qimple find a new, unique name that speaks to what the company stands for: Alongside.

Environments brand strategy and visual identity Image

Environments brand strategy and visual identity

Heirloom evolved the Environments brand with a new brand strategy and visual identity.

Corelight brand name Image

Corelight brand name

Working with a team of strategists and designers, Heirloom helped rebrand Broala by giving it a new name: Corelight.

Branding for Professional Training & Coaching Company

“The strategy they built touches and strengthens every area of our business.”

May 2018 - Ongoing

Heirloom helped develop brand strategy and messaging for a business coaching company. After a deep dive, they created a thorough strategic document and applied new policies to web content.

Ashland, Oregon
Jane Peart
Brand Strategist, EMyth

Sales have grown, and the brand’s image is much more closely aligned with its available services. Heirloom is knowledgeable and humble, and they keep projects on track with clear milestones. They provide authentic results within a positive collaboration.

We do business coaching for entrepreneurs and business owners. We are leaders in our industry and have evolved since our founding in 1977.

What challenge were you trying to address with Heirloom?

I've used them at two different companies with a few variances in the challenges we faced. Our brand is best known for a book we produced in the early 2000s. It is a representation of our business, and we wanted help to build around that asset. We wanted a good, grounded strategy to base our marketing procedures on.

They started with a deep dive into strategy, and we did over 500 hours of interviews. They grew a deep understanding of the brand, and they have the tools to help us differentiate in a crowded market. We worked together on components of our strategy as part of a partnership. It has all the pillars of our brand, and they delivered a 75-page document that acts as the foundation of our decision making. It governs everything from our culture to the customer experience.

The second deliverable is a messaging framework that includes both voice and tone. It takes our policies and applies them to the copy we create. They helped us infuse our new website, and were very supportive of our internal team. We discussed the content strategy and found ways to create a strong brand identity. The parent company we worked with on one project was incredibly iconic, and they created designs that could stand up to my high standards.

I worked with a team of two people.

How did you come to work with Heirloom?

As I searched for an agency, I asked some of my well-connected contacts for recommendations. I considered three firms, but the other two didn't come close to the depth of brand strategy that Heirloom offered. Heirloom's proposal was thorough, clear, and detailed, and we decided to work with them.

We’ve spent somewhere between $10,000–$50,000.

We started working together in May 2018, and the collaboration is ongoing.

We've grown sales, and they delivered results that shifted the ways we go to market. The brand is clearly bigger than the book now. Within three months, we already see revenue results. There is a clear idea of who we are and what we do that is solidly based within the reality of the perception and expression of the brand in the marketplace. Our brand is authentic, and we have the right strategic conversations that contribute to culture and our customer experience. The strategy they built touches and strengthens every area of our business.

How did Heirloom perform from a project management standpoint?

They're a great group of people to work with. They're humble and knowledgeable, and they do a lot of heavy lifting. They don't let us drop the ball, and they stay on top of our timelines. They help us co-create the project, and they set good milestones. We're aware of all the steps, and the transparency of their work is excellent.

We had such a positive experience that I didn't consider any other company when I started work on the second project. I knew they were the team I wanted to work with, and I hired them right away.

No, there’s nothing I can think of that they should improve.

Engage with them, and be involved in their process. We were an active partner and were very clear about our goals.

Overall Score Their work is so valuable and impactful on our business.
    They kept me informed, and we always knew when we were responsible for a piece that would move the project forward.
    They provided in-depth details that worked as the framework for the larger deliverables.
    They're a real pleasure to work with.