Full stack Web Development Company in California

FULL STACK Web development company in California

(San Francisco/San Diego/Los Angeles)

#Web Application Development (PHP/DJANGO/PYTHON)

#Custom Wordpress solutions

#Creative Website design and Support

#E-Commerce Applications on WooCommerce and Shopify

# Infrastructure Support (AWS/Database/Kafka)

Sunnyvale, CA

BayEast Properties||

Liquid Gardens Inc||

SmittenKiss

Web & Mobile App Dev for Consulting Firm

“They're a talented group of people with an excellent leader.”

Sept. 2017 - Ongoing

Hashtag Systems assisted with front- and backend development of a website and managed UX/UI design for a mobile app. They continue to work on multiple websites, data storage, and analytics.

Ssn Diego, California
Chris Behar
CEO, Chris Behar Consulting

The business is growing and the in-house team is happy with the quality of the product. Hashtag Systems went above and beyond to meet all needs, while their expertise and exceptional communication skills contributed to the positive experience.

I'm the owner and CEO of Chris Behar Consulting.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hashtag Systems?

We needed help with frontend development of our website. We had a tight timeline to complete that portion of the website before moving on to develop the rest of site.

They oversaw frontend development for our website and did the UX/UI design for a mobile app. They also managed our Python/SQL backend, data storage, and analytics. It was a collaborative project and we worked as one team. They continue to do projects for us, so I tell them how to model different sites and they do everything else.

We've worked with 8–9 people, including a project manager, a frontend developer, a graphic designer, and a marketing specialist. I also work closely with their tech stack engineer.

How did you come to work with Hashtag Systems?

I found them on Craigslist. They were quick to respond and seemed very knowledgeable, so we decided they'd be a good fit.

We've spent between $60,000–$70,000.

We started working with them in September 2017 and the relationship is ongoing.

They delivered a high-quality product. It's been a very valuable collaboration, which will help us make profit.

How did Hashtag Systems perform from a project management standpoint?

They do an excellent job in terms of communication and scheduling. We mostly use Slack and my project management software to communicate, and we have meetings twice a week.

They're a talented group of people with an excellent leader.

Scaling is something I don't know about, but our focus was not on building bigger teams.

Tell them your exact specifications and keep them in the loop on the status of the project.

Numerous Web Dev for Web Design Agency

“Every single person I've worked with from Hashtag Systems is very dedicated, hardworking, and ethical.”

Jul. 2018 - Ongoing

Hashtag Systems provides development support to supplement a design agency’s efforts for clients. Along with WordPress, they offer expertise in React, Angular, Bootstrap, Java, and native mobile apps.

Brandy Cooper
Owner, Mint Design Agency

Hashtag Systems has been an integral factor in the agency’s business growth and success. Their contributions serve as a sustainable support system and help solicit new clients. They helped reach a five-year goal within a matter of just months. The team is trustworthy and communicative.

I'm the owner of Mint Design, a web development agency in Walnut Creek.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hashtag Systems?

I generally have too many projects, and couldn't handle them all on my own.

Hashtag System does the complex development that exceeds my abilities or experience. I'm more of a designer than a developer, so I outsource many projects to their team that requires custom coding for my clients. We've done quite a few projects together, including everything from small tasks to the $8,000 website and app we're currently executing.

Most of my projects are based on WordPress sites. I know they're proficient in React, Angular, Bootstrap, and Java. Hashtag Systems can code virtually anything. They handle everything for native app development. If I ever have an issue, they can typically resolve it for me. When I'm overbooked with new projects that come in, the team takes them on for me.

I work with about 5–6 people from Hashtag Systems. I interact with one woman on a regular basis who helps me with revisions to keep my business going. She completes much of the development and design for files I'm unable to finish.

How did you come to work with Hashtag Systems?

Hashtag Systems found me on LinkedIn. Their approach seemed genuine, and their team was local to our company, which I liked. I spoke with the owner directly. It seemed like we had similar ideas about how we run our businesses and like we could help each other out. He introduced me to his team, who has been fabulous from the beginning.

We've probably spent between $10,000–$15,000.

We've been working on projects together since July 2018. Our work is still ongoing on a daily basis.

If it weren't for Hashtag Systems, my business couldn't have grown the way that it did. I reached my five-year goal in three months due solely to our partnership. They've kept my website moving and progressing. I can count on them to complete things I don't have time for, which allows me to bring more clients on board.

We've grown a great business relationship over our time together. It's been so long I don't even remember our first conversation. Hashtag Systems has helped my business grow substantially.

How did Hashtag Systems perform from a project management standpoint?

Hashtag Systems is awesome at communication and hitting deadlines. I can count on them any time, which is why I continue to work with them. They can always resolve my problems and are excellent communicators. Whenever they run into a problem, they alert me immediately so we can work together to fix it.

We communicate almost daily through phone calls, Slack, and Google tools. We have regular meetings via Zoom video calls so we can share screens and work together while looking at the same thing.

Every single person I've worked with from Hashtag Systems is very dedicated, hardworking, and ethical. They're good at what they do and truly care about me as a client. I feel like they genuinely want to provide exactly what I ask for. They're great at communicating and work seamlessly as a team. Their entire team can pull together to get things done. I've accomplished things I couldn't have done without them.

No, I really can't think of anything. I never have any issues with Hashtag Systems which is why I work with them as much as I do. They always solve problems and even work from home or on the weekends to finish projects.

Actively communicate what you need instead of leaving all the decisions to Hashtag Systems. Even though they work well independently, it's best to give them directions and guidelines. They will create something amazing for you if you clearly describe what you want them to deliver.

Software Development for Managed IT Services Provider

“They delivered everything on time and at a reasonable price.”

Dec. 2015 - June 2016

Subcontracted developers from Hashtag Systems Inc built a custom banking software.

San Jose, California
Duleep Pillai
CEO, Veltec Networks, Inc.

The solution satisfied end-user requirements, thanks to Hashtag Systems Inc’s top-notch deliverables. Despite some pacing issues, their cost-effective approach and seamless collaboration set them apart from other vendors.

I’m the chief executive officer of Veltec Networks, a managed IT services provider.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hashtag Systems Inc?

We had to outsource a software development project. Our client was a finance organization that needed the software for banking purposes.

We gave Hashtag Systems Inc the task, and they ran with it and completed it.

We interacted with at least three people from Hashtag Systems Inc.

How did you come to work with Hashtag Systems Inc?

They were referred to us. We chose them because their skills weren’t available elsewhere. Also, other vendors were asking for more money.

We spent $8,500 on their services.

We worked together from December 2015–June 2016.

Hashtag Systems Inc did good work. While we gave the client a year’s warranty, we haven’t received any calls or complaints from them yet.

How did Hashtag Systems Inc perform from a project management standpoint?

We were in contact twice a week. It was a good experience; collaborating with them was easy.

They delivered everything on time and at a reasonable price. Also, their team is made up of nice people. If I get another project, I’ll check with them first.

They could have managed things better and completed everything more quickly. However, the project was a little challenging, so I don’t blame them for anything.

It’s important that you keep them on task.

WordPress Dev for Small Business Financing Company

“They delivered everything they had promised.”

Feb. - May 2018

Using the content provided by the in-house team, Hashtag Systems Inc created wireframes before designing and developing a WordPress website.

Boca Raton, Florida
Michael Vas Nunes
President, Yarrow Financial

The website is secure and received favorable feedback from users. Hashtag Systems Inc went above and beyond to meet all needs. Their expertise, professionalism, and affordable rates earned them trust.

I'm the president of Yarrow Financial. We help small businesses get financing based on their situations.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hashtag Systems?

We were a startup and needed a website. I didn't have any experience in website design, so I sought a company that could help us.

They handled everything from start to finish. I gave them the content, and they designed and developed a WordPress website for me. Once I gave them the information they needed, they turned it around within a week.

I mostly worked with a project manager, but there were about five people total involved in our project.

How did you come to work with Hashtag Systems?

I found them through a Google search. They had competitive rates, and I liked the scope of work that they put together. Also, I trusted that they could complete the project, so I chose them.

We spent about $2,000.

The project lasted from February–May 2018.

I haven't had any issues with the website. They continue to help me with any requests I have, even now that the project is finished. We don't use our website to drive traffic, but it serves as a business card for our company and gives us credibility. Any feedback I’ve gotten from the users or the internal team has been very positive.

How did Hashtag Systems perform from a project management standpoint?

They did a great job and produced a close draft of what I asked. When I had to do revisions, they implemented them quickly. I prefer email as a form of communication, so we mostly used email.

They delivered everything they had promised. We didn't have any issues, and they worked quickly.

I can't think of anything. Everything worked out well.

Think through everything ahead of time and be ready to communicate that clearly to them. The process will go smoother if they have all the details.

WordPress Development for Financial Industry CRM Company

"They’re definitely a group that takes direction and performs accordingly."

July 2018 - Ongoing

After a previous vendor failed to deliver, Hashtag Systems Inc worked on custom WordPress templates, handled custom coding using JavaScript, CSS, etc., and helped build an order delivery system.

New York, NY
Michael Barnett
Founder, UpperDeck Consulting

Hashtag Systems is a cost-effective vendor that not only works fast but also has a large team that can cover more work, which has helped reach project goals. Their effective communication, the full attention they provide, and their responsiveness to requests make them a remarkable partner.

I’m the founder of a CRM software company for the financial industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hashtag Systems Inc?

I needed help with WordPress development for my organization. I had hired a WordPress developer through an associate to assist with the website we were developing. After a month or two, I realized I needed to look for a different vendor.

They were tasked with building custom templates in WordPress using a specific framework. In addition, they had to provide custom JavaScript, CSS, and custom jQuery coding in order to make the website work.

They also assisted with building a complicated order delivery system, in which a customer can click a button to purchase a product and then go through a transactional system. It looks simple on the frontend, but it’s complicated on the backend, however, Hashtag Systems helped me accomplish that goal.

There were approximately six developers that I know of, but the team seems to be larger. I had an assigned project manager as well as three other people who were responsible for day-to-day communication.

How did you come to work with Hashtag Systems Inc?

I had already done business with them through another organization that I’m a partner of. There was one individual who did a stellar job as far as execution, turnaround time, and communication. I decided I would use them in case I needed a developer to accomplish my goals.

We have invested around $10,000 so far.

We began working with them in July 2018 and the collaboration is ongoing.

I’m getting a ton of value working with them versus the other group I was with before. They were more expensive, had a smaller team, and were unable to get things done as quickly.

The cost is lower than expected with Hashtag Systems, their speed is faster than anticipated, and the team is larger, so you’re able to get more work done. That has really helped me to accomplish my goals and it has made a big impact on the business.

How did Hashtag Systems Inc perform from a project management standpoint?

The cooperation between us is good. They’re definitely a group that takes direction and performs accordingly. There were a couple of scenarios where we needed to provide more clarity than we thought we did up front, but once we figured out the way that their team needed to receive information, we made the proper adjustments.

Overall, they are great communicators and are generally on time. On this project, we primarily use Slack and Trello.

I’ve had experiences in the past with developers that are busy and work with multiple clients, where they lack people management and account management skills. They make you feel like you are in a queue behind a thousand other customers, but with Hashtag Systems, I feel like we’re their only customer.

I’ve never felt like there are things in the way of accomplishing my goals or have gotten any pushback. They are always on top of things, which is something both my company and I need. They’re naturally responsive to requests, which is what sets them apart based on my experience working with other similarly situated developers.

They could improve by taking some time to fully understand the requirements in all situations. When it comes to software development, there are important deadlines and tight schedules. Furthermore, when two international companies work together, there can be miscommunications due to the language barrier. Because of that, it’s always good to ensure that both parties understood each message before executing. While Hashtag Systems is great, they’re not immune to those challenges.

They do a great job, and I would definitely try them.

Web Dev for Social Media Marketing Startup

"Their work was structured and cost-effective."

Mar. 2016 - Ongoing

Hashtag Systems developed a website for a startup company that allows users to integrate all social media platforms in one place in order to automate digital marketing.

Ajish Nair
CTO, Social Pulsar

Hashtag devoted six developers and one project manager to the client's work. They were able to complete the platform in a financially efficient manner, while providing top-notch technical support throughout the engagement.

Social Pulsar is a product for social media marketing and management. It allows users to integrate Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and other platforms into one place, in order to automate marketing. I am the CTO of the company. We are based in San Francisco.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hashtag Systems?

We were searching for the right partner to build our platform, someone with good experience on PHP and Java.

Hashtag Systems developed our platform using PHP and Java. We handled architecture design.

They assigned seven people to our project, including the project manager. We used Slack for communication.

How did you come to work with Hashtag Systems?

I believe we found them through Clutch. Hashtag had reasonable pricing and was also a startup company, so we had similar cultures. We contacted around 5 candidates in total, and the others had much higher quotes, around $100,000.

The cost of our platform has been between $20,000 and $30,000.

We started working with Hashtag Systems in March 2016. The site was completed around December, but we continue to make changes here and there.

Their work was structured and cost-effective. We are very happy with the design. We did identify some bugs, but they were fixed.

How did Hashtag Systems perform from a project management standpoint?

They have a clear-cut process, from requirements gathering to delivery. They had never worked on a platform like ours before, and had some issues understanding the system, but overcame this in a couple of days.

They value us as a customer, and provided support, which is important for any kind of startup.

They’re a startup company, so they are still growing. Other than that, I have no comments.

Web Development for Basketball Management Company

"When we first met, I don't know how much business he had, but he didn't make me feel like I wasn't important."

Oct. 2016 - Jan. 2017

Hashtag Systems developed a new website based on the designs of an older version. They focused on UX, UI, making it scalable for user traffic, and integrating eCommerce features.

Chris Brazelton
CEO, BMG Basketball Academy

The team at Hashtag Systems can provide a personal touch. They’re good collaborators and they value their projects, taking the time to understand ultimate goals and visions. They’re proficient with deadlines and turnarounds, and provide valuable ideas and suggestions for web development and design.

I own BMG, a basketball academy and consulting, representation, and management group that has a bunch of teams and runs classes.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hashtag Systems?

At the time, I already had an existing website that I wanted to upgrade and was looking for a local provider. I was not selling anything online at that time (I'm selling things now on the website), but I knew that was the direction that I wanted to go. Initially, it was just branding and what that needed to look like with a vision down the road and trying to find someone that can help with that. I didn't want the company that I was going to work with to be someone where I would feel like I would just be another client and not get the personal touch that I needed, which I had prior because the person that was helping me initially was a friend of mine. That was important, too.

The website template was already in place relative to the feel of what I wanted it to look like, so that groundwork had already been laid. When they came in, it was already pretty clear where I had it and where I wanted it to go. Hashtag Systems helped build out the whole aspect of development—they built a new site for me from scratch with a goal in mind of upgrading what I had: making it more user-friendly, allowing it to present better, and create something that would allow for more volume of customers coming in and handling more on the site. It's been phenomenal since I’ve gotten that done.

I’m very detail-oriented, so the process took a while because everything that's on my site (every picture, word, line, and video), I basically wrote or mentally created and then worked with them to create that vision for the site. It was more, “Here's what I’m looking for and my vision of what they should look like. Let's start the process, and then as we start the process, I’ll just continue to tell you what I like and dislike. Then let's just build it, so it looks right.” The CEO has been very helpful for me with suggestions. I would bounce some things off of him. You’ll ultimately make your own decision, but he gives good advice when I ask. They provided ideas and suggestions that they gave me in terms of a variety of things, like how you might want it to look, which one do you like best, or advice on how things should be placed. But I can't say that I attribute something specific to them specifically.

Initially, this all started with meeting the CEO. Then a developer was assigned to me, and I believe they are overseas. They were the only two that I worked with the whole time. I don’t know what technologies they used to build the website.

How did you come to work with Hashtag Systems?

At the time, the person I was working with was in North Carolina, and it was making it inconvenient. There are thousands of people that have that expertise in my area, so I just placed an ad on Craigslist trying to find someone local. I searched pretty in-depth trying to find the best solution that was local for me and came across them. Through that process of evaluating roughly 35 to 40 different people and companies, I trimmed it down to 5. Ultimately, when he and I met, I just had a comfort level with him. I looked at the work that he had done in the past, the direction that I was trying to go in my business, what I wanted that to represent online, and how it would look down the road when I had more stability to invest into a better web page. When I met them, I felt really comfortable. The goal was to have better representation online, and that's why I went to him.

How much have you invested with Hashtag Systems?

Cost was roughly in the $2,000 area for the website to actually be done, and then anywhere between $250 to $300 a month maintenance wise. I don't have a ton of stuff, but when I do have things, I send a lot over at one time and try to get it all done at that time.

When we rebuilt the website, we started around October, and I want to say that we took roughly three months for it to go live right after the New Year.

I got a text message today from one of my clients, who has been with me since I started my business, saying, “Your website looks great. Good job.” I get compliments on it all the time. I don't know how much increased business I’ve gotten directly from it. That's tricky with what I do, because I limit the amount of participants that are able to come on a monthly basis. I have classes. With that being said, I don't know how much extra traffic is coming because of the site. I’ve looked at the competition that I’ve got in my market, and nobody has anything even close to what we've built and what it’s providing. I feel confident that, as soon as somebody gets access to it and starts to read the information and browse around that, they're going to be pretty impressed and feel as though I’ve got a thriving business because it presents that. And I do.

He's helped tremendously in that way because, when we moved over the website and I moved over the process of how the money being accepted, I was initially frustrated with it because it was new. But I basically trusted that this is going to be more user-friendly, and you just have to get used to a new system. Now I’m very comfortable with it, and my business is doing phenomenally. To be honest with you, where I’m at right now, and I don't know how much I can attribute to the website, I have tripled where I was. Regardless, I feel very confident in my website when it comes to helping my business.

How did Hashtag Systems perform from a project management standpoint?

Generally, when it hasn't been a big project, they've been pretty good with deadlines because, for me, it's monthly or weekly maintenance. But as far as when the site was built, that actually took a little bit longer than I had anticipated and wanted. I wanted it to go up pretty quickly because I had a lot that needed to get done at that time, and it did take a little bit longer than I had hoped.

The one drawback was when I was dealing with the developers, they ended up having a medical emergency, and they were away. This was while the project was happening, and I was under a deadline. That pushed it back, and there wasn't anybody else for whatever reason very accessible for me to be able to continue the momentum of what we were doing. That would be the one thing that I would say that we struggled with. But that was a personal emergency that came up for her. Outside of that, I’ve had no issues.

What did you find most impressive about Hashtag Systems?

There are some people that make you feel like they're busy. That's frustrating because, even if they could do good work, it's frustrating dealing with people that act like they don't have the time. I’m a small business owner so I have to take into account that, when this started, my business was at one point, and at this date, it's a completely different point. When we first met, I don't know how much business he had, but he didn't make me feel like I wasn't important. I appreciated that. And even now—I don't know where his business is—there's a huge level of comfort that, if I call, they're going to pick up the phone; if I miss them, they're going to call me right back; if I need something done, the developer is the one doing it. They jump on it at least within 24 hours and get it done. I’ve just been happy with the personal touch, and that's not always there, especially if you're dealing with someone who has some talent.

My barometer is not high, so I can’t compare a lot, but I would say 5.
    I’ve actually done that, and I believe they met with someone yesterday that I advised. That person actually contacted me asking who did my website, because they were trying to build a new website, and they want to meet with them.