We make work that works.

Win more customers with an amazing video.

We’re a clever and creative full-service Chicago corporate video production company.  We make work that works.

Specializing in visual storytelling, Guy Bauer is the go-to for brands that love pursuing and achieving awesome and loathe just checking the boxes. From commercials to corporate video and full development and branding capabilities to get your ideas out of your head and in front of your audience, we look forward to working alongside you and your team.

Chicago, IL
  • 821 West Evergreen Avenue
    Chicago, IL 60642

Warby Parker / Dear Adam

An estimated 10,000 students in the Baltimore City Public School System lack the glasses they need to see the board, read a book, or do their math homework. Warby Parker, along with Vision To Learn bridges the gap in access felt by many students, and their families, in low-income communities.

We featured a recipient of a free pair of glasses in this spot.

Brand Film / GereMarie

GereMarie is a growing aluminum machining company whose success is measured in millimeters and milliseconds. We wanted to tell the story of a company with a culture that's obsessed with the details, from design to workflow to logistics.

We decided very early on to get small instead of getting big. Meaning: focus on the little details that make GereMarie different than every other aluminum machine shop. To tell that story, we did an off-camera interview with Jim Schultz, the founder, and then shot footage around the facility that matched up with his voiceover. This allowed the video to encapsulate Jim's passion without making the video about him.

To learn more about us go to https://guybauerproductions.com/about/

So You Need to Make a Video? / Guy Bauer

Explainer Animation / APA

We produced this motion graphics explainer video for the APA's Community Planning Assistance Teams (CPAT) program. We chose a 2.5D animation style with isometric design to give the video a clean and modern look that fits the theme of community planning, a la "Sim City."

Brand Anthem / Opto

Our creative team conceived and developed this project collaboratively with our client, Opto. After the script and visuals were finalized, our production team took over and brought the vision to life over the course of two shoot days. Finally, our finishing team added a beautiful color grade and voice-over.

Branded Content / Weebly

This is one of a series of eight short branded pieces we made for Weebly. The goal of the project was to take important topics for their target audience and visualize them using short, snackable, shareable videos. We developed all eight concepts using our team of in-house creatives.

Documercial / Midwest Dairy

We created this documercial (documentary + commercial) for the Midwest Dairy Association to tease the upcoming social content featuring the Holle's and their running of the 2017 Chicago Marathon. This was one of three videos we delivered featuring the Holle's. Production ran over the course of a day in North Dakota and a day in Chicago, during the marathon.

Beauty Lookbook / Walgreens

We shot this Holiday Beauty Lookbook for Walgreens in two days and had a final delivered around a week and a half later. Working with Walgreens, we developed scenarios and sourced locations that would give the piece a beautiful and organic feel.

Branded Short Film / Edward-Elmhurst Health

Edward-Elmhurst Health came to us with an assignment: inspire their people to realize that the patient experience is everyone's responsibility. We began our creative process with asking them for an example of a time when the team went above and beyond to boost the patient experience. The first example was the story we dramatized in this film. We adapted the true story for a short film and actually used some of the real Edward-Elmhurst Health employees that were a part of the true story in the film.

Promotional Video / The Oxbow Hotel

Our senior editor, Anthony Casanova, is obsessed with the transformation taking place in downtown Eau Claire, Wisconsin. So when the opportunity to make the promotional video for The Oxbow Hotel presented itself, we jumped! Anthony makes his directorial debut in this spot, assisted with beautiful visuals from Jon Hamblin and Joel Pearish.

The Digital Thread / Deloitte

Deloitte University Press commissioned this piece to educate their audience about The Digital Thread and how it fits into Industry 4.0. This video made history in that it was the very first playable video ever put on the front page of DU Press.

Instead of scripting this video, we recorded an interview with Dr. Mark Cotteleer, a research director at Deloitte, and then whittled the 90 minute interview down to 2 minutes, 30 seconds. We then created abstract visuals around the speech that would allow the viewer to pay attention to the words and not really get distracted by what they see.

TV Commercial / Steppenwolf

This spot was shot, edited and on air in a matter of three weeks. We worked very closely with Steppenwolf's marketing department to craft the message and look & feel of this spot. To give it a cinematic feel we shot using anamorphic lenses, which gives it the unusual crop and unique lens flares.

Social Media Video / Dell EMC

This is one of three social media spots we wrote, produced and edited for Dell EMC's Software Defined Storage business. Even though we'd love to take all the credit for the creative on these spots, our clients were crucial in the ideation phase since they knew what would resonate with their audience. This project is a great example of what happens when there's trust on both sides of the equation.

Crowdfunding Video / WYND

We wrote, developed, shot, edited and animated this Kickstarter Campaign video for WYND, the world's first personal air purification system. WYND reached and beat its fundraising goal less than 24 hours after the video launched!

Vision Film / Deloitte

Deloitte's Consumer & Industrial Products (C&IP) division wanted a piece to motivate their staff to disrupt, to challenge the status quo, to change the way they think about what they do for a living. Instead of suggesting a series of talking head interviews with their senior staff, we recommended telling the story of someone who is disrupting their particular industry.

Enter Glenn Behrmann, the CEO of Growtainers. Glenn is disrupting the way farming has been done for hundreds, if not, thousands of years. Check out his story and see if you're motivated to change the way you think about your particular industry.

Product Launch / EMC²

We made this corporate product launch video for EMC's Enterprise Content Management division. We combined interviews of really passionate EMC team-members with footage of the team developing the product, LEAP.

Animated White Paper / North American

We converted a white paper by North American about the ongoing truck driver shortage in the U.S. into this fun and visually interesting animated explainer video. We feel the graphics transposed what could be pretty hard-to-understand concepts into easily digestible video content.

How To Video / Beam Suntory

This is an online education video we made for Beam Suntory's "Cocktail Project." This video fits right into our philosophy that instructional videos don't need to be boring or ugly.

TV Commercial / Hisense 4K UltraHD

We shot and edited this national TV spot for Hisense TV. This was shot over the course of 2 half-days, one of them being completed rained out.

Commercial / PremiumBeat.com

We are big fans of PremiumBeat.com and use their music in a TON of our productions. This idea came to us over an on-set lunch one day and we just had to make it. We produced this spot on spec and after PremiumBeat.com actually became a real client!

Video Production for a Global Consulting Firm

"Guy Bauer is integral to the MOOC’s success. The videos are actually interesting to watch."

2013 - Ongoing

Guy Bauer develops a series of educational videos, providing strategic direction as well as doing the filming and post-production.

Multimedia Manager, Global Consulting Firm

Internal feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, leading to more work for Guy Bauer. They accept constructive input well, but also bring creative ideas of their own to the table at a reasonable value. Consistent communication and high-quality deliverables are hallmarks of their work.

I work for a large professional services organization. I do multimedia development (e.g., videos and podcasts) for our thought leadership.

What challenge were you trying to address with Guy Bauer?

We wanted to launch our very first MOOC (massive open online course). Our executives were nervous because it was something we'd never done before. We didn't know exactly what it would entail, so we wanted a partner to lead us through the process.

Guy Bauer created a series of videos as part of our MOOC offerings. While we’d never done a MOOC before, we did have a lot of thought leadership on the topic of additive manufacturing. They worked with us to figure out how to best structure each lesson and video. They advised us on what would work in terms of how, when, and where we should film, as well as how much time to spend on a single presenter versus guest experts.

They did all the filming and all the post-production for our education pieces. They put together the supplemental on-screen graphics to enhance the lessons. They also create standalone videos throughout the company.

I’m in contact with the whole team, including production people and post-production designers. Guy (founder, Guy Bauer) is my main contact.

How did you come to work with Guy Bauer?

I’d previously worked with Guy before he set up his agency.

My department has spent around $750,000–$1,000,000. It’s definitely more across the rest of the company.

We started working together in 2013 and the engagement is ongoing.

Guy Bauer is integral to the MOOC’s success. The videos are actually interesting to watch. There’s a real cinematic value rather than merely filming a PowerPoint presentation.

They not only ensure that we get all the footage we need, but they also put it together in a way that is better than we could have anticipated. They’ve created the benchmark by which we do everything else in this field. We're planning more projects with them in the future.

How did Guy Bauer perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team performs well. The projects get done; deadlines are never an issue. Guy will push back when he thinks that we’re missing an opportunity. That’s a good thing to have in a vendor. He knows the limits but also wants to make sure we’re doing the best we possibly can.

They constantly over deliver. They do more work than they charge us for. They're really good.

The relationship I have with Guy is one where he can give me a lot of pushback. There are a few times when I wish he wouldn't, but most of the time I think that it's a good thing.

Just work with them. That’s it.

I’d give them a 12 if I could.
    I’d definitely recommend them but don’t want them to get too busy.

Video Production for Lab Equipment Company

“They have an uncanny understanding of our story and mission and always knew exactly what we wanted.”

2011 - 2013

Guy Bauer produced videos for an instrumentation company to bolster brand visibility. They conducted interviews, edited content, and provided still photography for multiple marketing and publicity projects.

1,001 - 10,000 Employees

Thomas Osborne
Former Global Product Manager, PerkinElmer

Each endeavor was highly successful and built brand awareness and momentum. They set interviewees at ease and cemented the professional identity of several internal members. They are expert editors with an iconic style.

I worked at a laboratory instrumentation company that specializes in analytical instruments for the life sciences, pharmaceuticals, and other industries. I was responsible for laboratory automation segments.

What challenge were you trying to address with Guy Bauer?

We wanted a video that would build brand awareness and visibility for one of our automated platforms.

When we started working together, I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do with the video. We decided to tell the product’s story by showing how it performs and helps customers achieve their goals. We concluded that the story should be a series of interviews with our internal people. We wanted to give the spotlight to our application scientists and principal engineers, so we structured the interviews with informal, open-ended questions designed to let these people talk about their own experiences.

The first video was an astronomical success and we were given a huge budget to make 7–10 more videos. When I left for a different company, I did two more projects with them that were virtually the same. We rebranded the facility and strengthened brand awareness before a new product launch. They brought a still photographer who shadowed the whole video and contributed awesome photos for our other print media. That provided even more value for our money and the materials they produced were useful in future projects.

At the beginning, we worked directly with Guy (Founder, Guy Bauer). We formulated plans and then he brought in one or two principal photographers, videographers, and the makeup artist. As the company grew, they added a lot of other talented people to their staff. We engaged a project manager and a still photographer.

How did you come to work with Guy Bauer?

I did an internet search and came up with three potential options. Guy was just starting his company and we were one of his first clients. He was honest and his prices were reasonable. I connected with him and wanted to give him an opportunity. I wanted to work with him on every video project that came after.

We spent about $40,000–$50,000 on my work with them at both companies.

I worked with him in 2011 and 2012 at PerkinElmer. Then, I worked with him in 2013 at my other company.

Our projects were wildly successful. Guy is an expert in photography who uses great techniques to generate leads and build brand awareness and momentum. He chose really fantastic music and his editing was phenomenal. He had a talent for picking the right quotes and putting them against beautiful panoramic shots and great lighting.

He was a terrific interviewer. Some of the people we chose were unaccustomed to the spotlight and were very nervous. It’s hard to be candid if you’re not used to makeup artists and bright lights. He got every interviewee to open up and tell their story.

One unmeasurable result was what these videos did for our internal team. These projects fired up everyone who participated in our videos and thought the experience was amazing. For some, the process cemented their internal identity and motivated them to do great things. It was one of the finest marketing experiences of my life; everyone was amazing.

How did Guy Bauer perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management was one aspect that grew with his business. As the volume of projects grew, he hired more staff. Every person I interacted with was professional and in tune with the mission. We never had any issues with execution. I don’t think he would tolerate anyone on his staff who didn’t meet his standards.

They have an uncanny understanding of our story and mission and always knew exactly what we wanted. I can’t say enough about Guy. He was always fair and everything about my experience with him was first-class.

No, I’m delighted with their work. I still check in with Guy at least once or twice a year to see how he’s doing. It’s a joy to see his business blossom; he really deserves it. His photography and storytelling are iconic and I recognize his work whenever I see it on TV.

Overall Score They were always outstanding.
    They met their deadlines and there was only one instance when they asked us to be flexible. They were always candid and professional.
    The price has risen over the years because of the demand. They tell powerful stories and the value is really high.
    I very rarely give perfect scores. There’s always room for improvement.
    I would recommend them without question.