Amazing digital products, from concept to reality.

We are a small and bold web software studio that bridges the gap between solid systems and great interfaces. We believe strong development teams, not only individuals, are at the core of any successful software. That's why we've grown a senior, diverse and well integrated group of professionals with years of shared experience and engineering culture. All of that is brought full force to each one of our clients with great commitment.

If you are feeling the pains of building a solid engineering and design team while dealing with the demands of a growing business, we are here for you. Guava partnerships are long-term and always focused on product and team success, with continuous, open and frank communication. Our services go beyond web development and UX/UI design, as we can also help you structure your internal development culture for long term independency.

Our team is co-located in Recife, Brazil (-1h from NY time), a region with some of the best software development talent in South America, great universities and a bustling technology ecosystem. The decision to build a world-class team here reflects our belief that excellent talent should be capable of having a career outside big tech hubs and closer to their cultures. Partnering with Guava is also an investment on this.

We're excited to hear what your needs are, and find out ways to bring in all our experience to help you reach your goals.

Recife, Brazil
  • Rua Alfredo Coutinho, 74
    Recife, PE 52061-130
    Brazil

True&Co., E.life, In Loco Media, KFP, Endossa

Sala de Triagem - Faster, more accurate medical triage. Image

Sala de Triagem - Faster, more accurate medical triage.

Sala de Triagem is a web app that assists health professionals and students through medical triage and anamnesis. The whole process is guided by Ana, the soothing nurse character we created to help users along the extensive questionnaires and to convey the system a more humane touch.

AP1MC - Fighting drought in Brazil. Image

AP1MC - Fighting drought in Brazil.

ASA Brasil is a NGO that brings water to dry regions in the Brazilian Northeast. This is done through many initiatives, all of which start with a registration form. We created a progressive web app which works offline and allows their staff to fill the forms using tablets in remote locations.

Blockchain Integration for Web App

"Communication was always professional and timely, allowing us to progress despite a difficult set-up."

Jan. - Apr. 2019

Guava Software supported an investment web app’s development. Using Ruby on Rails, they integrated the platform’s frontend with a blockchain backend.

Zug, Switzerland
Martin Liebrich
CTO, Staxe

The MVP was presented to investors and the app gained its first users. Guava Software managed the project in a professional and efficient manner. They delivered everything on time and addressed challenges head-on. Transparent throughout the process, they collaborated well.

Staxe is a blockchain based, crowd investment platform catering to the event industry. I am working as CTO for Staxe.

For what projects/services did your company hire Guava Software?

We chose Guava to implement the Web application frontend to our Blockchain based backend.

Build a first MVP that would allow us to go to market.

I got the contact to Guava from a colleague who new them. We contacted several companies for offers. Guava's offer and approach was very professional from the beginning and the price was very competitive, so we decided to go with them

We worked together with Guava to define the requirements in an agile fashion. UI/UX was designed by a 3rd party. Guava delivered design and implementation of a Web application based on Ruby on Rails.

On our side were the product manager plus myself overseeing the technical aspects of the implementation, plus a senior developer for the blockchain part. Guava put a project manager and 2-3 frontend and backend developers. UI/UX was designed by a 3rd party.

The MVP helped us to show our idea to investors and startup accelerators and enabled us to gain first customers.

Guave managed all of their work aspects from their side. This was working out well. Communication was always professional and timely, allowing us to progress despite a difficult set-up. (time zones, several parties involved, etc.)

I liked Guava's professional approach from the beginning. The company and the project are well managed and they take over responsibility for their work. They openly addressed difficulties and consulted us when they thought some of our ideas were off.

We had the odd hickup with time lines and communication, but I would mostly put this on the somewhat difficult set-up and time and money constraints.

Overall Score Considering everything we were very satisfied by the end result.
    We had some glitches here and there, but they were more caused by the overall set-up.
    Guava's prices are very competitive, specifically given their professional approach to deliver software.
    As always you find some stuff later that you are not so fond of. But in given time and money constraint, quality was very high.
    I would definitely recommend Guava.

Web Development for Product Development Company

“They’ve executed flawlessly. As a developer myself, I love their code. It’s very polished.”

2017 - Ongoing

Guava Software was an outsource partner for a web development project, in which they used Ruby on Rails, React, HTML, and CSS. Working directly with the client, they created a scheduling system for a clinic.

Portland, Oregon
CEO, Internet Company

Guava Software’s coding was excellent, resulting in a great end-product. Their team was detail-oriented and asked many questions in order to meet project requirements. They worked in sprints and communicated weekly to make sure everyone was on the same page. They were crucial to project success.

I’m the CEO of a design and development company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Guava Software?

No one on my team had the skills to work on a project for one of our customers. We delegated the work to Guava Software.

They created a clinic management system. There’s a special scheduling portal for clients that allows them to make appointments, view operation hours and doctor availability. They’ve done everything from design to development. They used Ruby on Rails for the backend and React, HTML, and CSS for the frontend. They worked directly with the customer and managed the project themselves. They broke up different

Between 6–10 people have worked on our project in total, including a product owner, frontend developers, backend developers, and designers.

How did you come to work with Guava Software?

I met Guava Software’s owner at a conference and bonded well since the beginning. When we took on this project, I looked through my options and decided to give them a try because their work looked good and liked how they operated.

We spent more than $100,000.

We began working together in 2017 and our engagement is ongoing.

They’ve executed flawlessly. As a developer myself, I love their code. It’s very polished. Detail-oriented, they continue to ask questions. Before working with them, I was doing almost everything myself and I had too much to do. Working with them has made everything easier.

How did Guava Software perform from a project management standpoint?

I receive weekly reports from the product owner and I check in on what they’re doing. They follow an agile methodology, which is really effective. Our product owner gets everything done. He is a crucial member of our project and I really enjoy working with him. I’ve worked with several other teams, and Guava Software is one of the best.

They do everything they can to please the customer and make sure that the customer understands what it’s going to take to deliver what they want.

They could be more open about their processes. Their agile method is very effective and efficient, but if they shared more with their customers, they’d be even more impressed.

Listen to their advice because they know what they’re doing. They’re very transparent and often emphasize the simple solution instead of trying to upsell. Often, it’s the simple solution that’s most effective rather than the most cutting-edge solution.

When things aren’t on track, it’s usually because the client requested something that caused delays.
    They’re very good for the price.
    I'm impressed by the quality of their code.
    I would definitely recommend them.