Partnering to bring Ideas to Reality

Grey Chain is a specialised mobile app and web development firm with expertise in UI/UX, Agile & Devops based delivery. We partner with our clients throughout the product lifecycle from ideation to delivery of efficient and cost effective solutions.

Our core expertise is focussed on Mobile First, Cloud Native, Agile & DevOps.

Started in 2016, we have served global clients from US, Germany, Belguim, UK, Philipines, Dubai, UAE & India which includes brands and large institutions like Bose Professional, UNICEF, Harvard, International Rescue Committee (IRC), Innovations for Poverty Actions (IPA), UN- International Organisation for Migration (UN-IOM).

We are headquartered in US with a world class delivery centre in India powered by a strong team of 40+ tech evangelists.

Key services

• IPhone/IOS app development
  • Android app developement
  • Flutter app development
  • Hybrid cross platform application development
  • Web development
  • Staff Augmentation

White Plains, NY
  • 34 South Lexington Avenue
    White Plains, NY 10606

UNICEF, Harvard, Bose Professional, International Rescue Committee, Innovations for Poverty Actions, Belgium Business Group

UNICEF - GBV Pocket Guide Image

UNICEF - GBV Pocket Guide

The GBV Pocket Guide App provides step-by-step guidance and tools to all humanitarian practitioners across all sectors on how to support survivors of gender-based violence (GBV) when there are no GBV services, referral pathways or focal points in your area. It uses global standards on providing basic support and information to survivors of GBV without doing further harm. The GBV Pocket Guide App provides key messages on how to

support survivors; an interactive decision-tree to guide practitioners through what to do if someone shares their experience of violence; easy-to-read Do’s, Don’ts and sample scripts; and targeted guidance on child and adolescent survivors. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gbvpocketguide
Bose Professional Image

Bose Professional

Enterprise sales catalog for BOSE professional sales staff so that they can promote products through various distribution channels

Professional sound systems demand an uncommon expertise and specialized products. For more than 40 years, Bose Professional has developed innovative loudspeakers, electronics and software to meet the needs of demanding professional audio applications

Padalapp - Innovation for Poverty Actions Image

Padalapp - Innovation for Poverty Actions

Padalapp is a part of a research project ( for, Innovations for Poverty Action , IPA ) to determine the right purpose of remittances from off shore Filipino migrants to the recipients in Philippines.

Quik Catalog Image

Quik Catalog

Quik Catalog is the world’s fastest B2B & B2C promotions platform built for the Web, iOS and Android. Any global business can create photo based product catalogs in minutes and then invite their customers to the catalog.

B2B and B2C sales catalog builder for businesses to create catalog in minutes. It allows potential to connect with suppliers via direct chat
ROSA (Remote Offered Skill Building) Image

ROSA (Remote Offered Skill Building)

The IRC responds to some of the world's worst crises, delivering aid that saves lives while paving the way for long-term recovery.

The Remote-Offered Skill Building App (Rosa) was designed to utilize technology and keep the content, community and continual skill building ongoing for staff working remotely, outside of traditional offices. Rosa provides key content on gender-based violence knowledge, case management,

communication and attitude skills; offers self or supervisor-administered skills assessments; and a community space for users to expand their learning through facilitated remote discussions and distance supervision. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.rescue.rosa
LieferBar Restaurant IPad APP Image

LieferBar Restaurant IPad APP

German food ordering and delivery apps for restaurant owners to manage food order lifecycle.

IPad app for in restaurant order management with fully integrated notification for real time orders monitoring.

Build with integrated SDK's OneSignal for real time notifications and Thermal Printer for reciepts.

leeveitwme.com Image

leeveitwme.com

leeveitWme offers an on-demand platform, that allows individuals to offer their space and services, complemented with insurance, convenient payment channels, and the right support, providing low-cost, flexible, appropriate, secure and nearby solutions.​

leeveitwme.com

Basic Science Clinic Image

Basic Science Clinic

Basic Science Clinic runs a unique Primary exam preparation program and produce FOAMed content that addresses the essential physiological principles relevant to critical care primary examinations, and upon which scientifically informed management of critical illness is constructed.

Basic Science Clinic mobile app – a revision tool for ICU primary exams. The BSC app is designed to enable you to study on the go, and uses

evidence based educational tools for optimising retention and recall.

Mobile App Dev for German Restaurant Marketplace

"We had very good communication."

Apr. - May 2020

GreyChain Technologies built a native iOS restaurant app. They worked to turn the multi-feature platform around within a defined timeline. Its functionalities include notifications and a seller dashboard.

Germany
Say Gi
Owner, Restaurant Marketplace App

GreyChain Technologies completed the project in time, and they maintained great communication throughout the engagement. The team served as a true business partner, as they maintained a long-term relationship after the project. They're extremely helpful in terms of post-project support.

I am the owner of an online market place which is headquartered in Germany.

For what projects/services did your company hire GreyChain Technologies?

We have been looking for a company to build our restaurant app in IOS native.

Our goal was to get finished project in defined timeline and working with clear written codes.

We had contacts to lots of companies. The problem was: all companies are talking about their selves very good and trying to sound professional. All companies are representing a lot of references. But any of them tried to understand our project. Grey Chain took time to understand the project BEFORE we start to collaborate on our project with Grey Chain.

We are conducting online market place. We needed an app for our Sellers wich they are using as dashboard with all funktions. We had some complex functions in this app like Ringing, Notifications, Statistic, Support, Printing etc.

One developer and one senior developer was engaged in our project.

Within defined time, Grey Chain finished the project. That was amazing. We also worked with other companies. Any other company was able to finish their tasks within the defined time. At this point we want to congratulate Gray Chain again.

We had very good communication. They were open to use and they worked with principals like Germans. That made very easy to work with Grey Chain.

We have worked previously with big companies which you can find on clutch first. But GreyChain is the company if you are looking to find a BUSINESS PARTNER. You can build with this guys long-term business relationship. And even after our project was finished, they can respond very fast to our questions and for any support inquiry they are ready to help anytime.

If you are looking for SOLUTIONS, Grey Chain will be the right company.

finished in time line

Mobile App Dev for Humanitarian Relief Organization

“GreyChain was the only one that connected with the reason why we wanted to build the product.”

Aug. 2017 - Ongoing

GreyChain built an app for iOS and Android to provide a coaching and community space for aid workers who don’t have office space. The app is currently available in English, French, and Arabic.

5,001-10,000 Employees

Seattle, Washington
Information Management Specialist, International Rescue Committee

Feedback is positive, and users find the app intuitive to use. Despite being in opposite time zones, GreyChain provides responsive communication. They go above and beyond in their care for the mission and purpose of the app and work toward building a relationship that will bring them further work.

International Rescue Committee is a relief organization. We work in humanitarian settings and post-conflict zones doing a number of services that range from water, health, sanitation, livelihood, education, and child protection. The sector I work in is violence prevention and response. I’m the information management specialist; I make sure our programming staff has the right tools and technologies to understand what’s going on in their programs.

What challenge were you trying to address with GreyChain Technologies?

More and more of the people we’re working with are not in static refugee camps. They’re moving between locations or they’re frequently displaced. That also means our staff moves around a lot. Our staff is not located in traditional offices. They drive to different locations, or they’re at the health center one day and the women’s space another day. We wanted to provide a way for them to have the coaching and community space that they would have in a static office but through a mobile application.

From the start, I presented to them a problem statement and user stories. GreyChain took that and started working. Throughout the whole process, they’ve not only taken what I identified as problems and found solutions, but they have also added on extra things that I didn’t know at the beginning that I would need. They ended up being incredibly helpful with our final product.

The app is built for iOS and Android. There are four modules of content and skill assessments so our staff can see where they’re at in terms of attitude, communication, and knowledge skills. They continue to take those assessments to see how they’ve improved over time. Their supervisors can also see those assessments or administer them.

There’s also a community function. We wanted to create something since they’re not in traditional office spaces that they could still connect with each other and ask questions or share resources. The app is available in English and French, and we’re finalizing the translation in Myanmar and Kirundi.

There have been up to 15 people that have worked on our app depending on what stage of development we’re in. I communicate with one person, which has made things a lot easier for me. At the beginning, I talked with one of the founders.

How did you come to work with GreyChain Technologies?

I put a posting on Upwork, and I included interview questions. I got 30 proposals of varying degrees. GreyChain was the only one that connected with the reason why we wanted to build the product. They responded well to the proposal and also had questions about things I hadn’t thought about. That set them apart from any other vendor I worked with. They have a heart in the process. Usually, people try to deliver a bare minimum project, but GreyChain cares a lot about what we’re doing, and they’re interested in it. It’s great in the nonprofit world to work with people who are passionate about what we do.

In the end, we will spend $17,000–$18,000.

We started working with them in August 2017, and the relationship is ongoing. We’re waiting on the Kirundi translation, but I expect the app will be done in the next couple of weeks. I’m also going to engage with them on another app we’re building.

They’ve done a great job. The biggest testament is that we’ll be using them again. They’re a delight to work with. I’ve never worked with anyone on the tech side that has listened to us when we’re talking. We’re doing a research project around the app in the first and second quarters of 2018.

We did a soft launch in October in Jordan with people in Burundi, Iraq, and Myanmar. We had global staff there from all over Europe and the States as well. The feedback was really positive. We didn’t have to give people much training on how to use the app, which was really nice. They can look in the app, and they know intuitively what things are what. Our staff in Burundi and Myanmar aren’t as familiar with apps, so that was nice for them. It satisfied users on both ends of the spectrum, ones that are really tech-savvy and ones that probably didn’t have any apps on their smartphone at all.

How did GreyChain Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very structured about our communication and willing to take requests ad hoc. The project manager and I talked every Wednesday morning for about three months to check in and get updates. I was never wondering what was going on. Anytime we would Skype, he would respond immediately, which was great because he was in India and I’m in Seattle. They were very responsive and resolved things immediately.

Their responsiveness and the way they care is impressive. They’re not just taking what I requested and doing it. They’re listening and adding suggestions as well. It’s not a matter of inflating their budget; it hasn’t inflated throughout the project.

I added an interview question on Upwork asking why the person wanted to work on the project. That provided a lot of insight as to whether people cared or they were just trying to deliver the minimum and check out. GreyChain wanted to build a bigger relationship with us, and they saw an opportunity there. They were interested in what we were doing related to gender-based violence against women. They care about that issue as well. That says something about an organization’s motivations for doing something that’s beyond getting paid.

I wish they were in a different time zone so I didn’t feel bad about calling them in the middle of his night. I’ve never worked with any tech vendor and the relationship has gone so well. They’re like night and day in comparison with other vendors.

Overall Score I enjoyed every aspect of working with them. They exceeded my expectations in almost every step of the process.
    I can’t think of a deadline they didn’t meet. They were incredibly responsive throughout.
    Based on all the proposals I received, they could’ve easily doubled the price of what they charged us. Everything has been incredibly reasonable especially for the quality that they’re giving back to us.
    I can’t give it a 5 until I have the completed project. It was above and beyond what I thought I’d have when we started. It’s evolved into something that’s a lot more comprehensive.
    I’ve recommended them several times, and I’m already starting another project with them because they’re fantastic.

Mobile App Dev for Lawyer / Client Connection Platform

"GreyChain has a unique ability to communicate well."

Oct. 2016 - Ongoing

GreyChain Technologies built an online legal marketplace from scratch for web, iOS, and Android, providing 4 developers and a QA lead for phase 1. They now manage UI and feature updates based on user feedback.

Haryana, India
Harshit Parekh
Director, LegalNow

After launching, the initial version of the solution attracted 1,000 web visitors per day and 19,000 mobile users. GreyChain Technologies’ responsiveness, adherence to deadlines, and strategic insights continue to support the product’s evolution.

LegalNow is a startup founded officially in 2016. We primarily provide legal services, connecting lawyers and users directly within their geography. We focus on helping lawyers find the right customers and vice versa using both online and offline models. Our company numbers 8 people at the moment.

What challenge were you trying to address with GreyChain Technologies?

Currently, finding lawyers in India is difficult, and the prices are exorbitant. There’s also no way to verify existing work. GreyChain Technologies assists with the online part of our model.

I had gone through 3 developers in quick succession before finding GreyChain. I realized that smaller companies always promise to build a website or app within 1–2 months, but none could deliver the product in that time.

We were also concerned about cost. A lot of vague numbers were being thrown at me for my product, and there was no clear vision in terms of the developer operating at a higher level, recommending changes, and bringing new ideas.

The solution is a legal services marketplace in which people submit their requests and lawyers can bid on the request with a proposal and a price. Users can review the lawyers’ profiles and choose to purchase the service.

GreyChain Technologies built an IT roadmap for my product, focusing on what I should do with it next. We worked on an Android and iOS application and a website. We performed market testing for both products during phase 1 and took them down last month in order to ensure that we can focus on the next phase, which involves building new features based on user feedback. We had 10,000 users back then but decided to pause based on the company’s situation.

GreyChain started the work from scratch. I had a high-level design from the last vendor, but the code wasn’t useful, had been written poorly, and was incomplete. Instead, I wanted to use a different technology that both I and GreyChain were comfortable with. They were happy to help me out.

They recommended building native iOS and Android apps with PHP backends using RESTful APIs and web services, which they specialize in. GreyChain was instrumental in helping us connect with our digital marketing company. Using them, we were able to reach about 5,000 Facebook followers and increase our traffic.

One of the functionalities we required were notifications. If a user posts a request for a lawyer, the right resource will receive a notification. Similarly, when a lawyer posts an answer, the user will receive automated notifications. This has driven a lot of revenue and feedback for us.

Our relationship with GreyChain was mainly strategic. They built the whole piece from scratch, taking the UI and UX strategies into consideration in order to get more customers organically.

I primarily worked with a project manager. Apart from him, there were 2 Android and 2 PHP developers and a QA lead.

How did you come to work with GreyChain Technologies?

I met them through a friend who personally knew their founder. The pricing was exactly what I wanted. Apart from this, I liked GreyChain’s timely delivery and project management approach. They did releases every week and gave a status update every Friday via phone call and email. GreyChain basically took over the project, allowing me to focus on other parts of my offline business.

To date, I have spent around $27,000 on their services across a multitude of apps.

We started working with GreyChain in October 2016. Phase 1 has been finished and delivered in full. We started phase 2 a month ago and will definitely be continuing the collaboration.

I have decommissioned the apps for the time being. We had around 12,000 users on Android and 7,000 on iOS. The website used to get around 1,000 users per day, back then.

Users liked the app and concept, but they described the UI as only average. I got in touch with GreyChain and told them that I needed to create a 6-star design, and they obliged by conducting a 2-week exercise revamping the app. This quality made me consider them again and again.

How did GreyChain Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They helped me deliver within the right timeframe to make my investors happy and keep them interested. This was a major concern when I started looking for developers.

GreyChain gave me the same developers I’d worked with on the first phase, and they’ve come to understand my domain. They always got back to me within an hour on any day, including weekends. Apart from this, the weekly updates and calls were amazing. I always knew the project status and any challenges since they were covered in great detail.

They used Trello for sharing the feature list. We also kept some documentation on Confluence. These were the 2 primary tools, apart from Skype for calls.

They are affordable and great to work with. They send me regular project updates and demos without fail, and the project manager from their team was amazing. GreyChain has a unique ability to communicate well, which was something I had been missing before. When an item was wrong or delayed, the other companies didn’t mention it. GreyChain told me whenever there’d be a delay and explained the reason behind it and the new action plan. I always look for this in companies delivering services.

They need to say “no” more often to me in response to requests for certain additional features that weren't budgeted.

Overall Score I’m a happy customer.
    They were always on time and stuck to their initial project plan.
    Both GreyChain and I are Indian, but their costs seemed higher to me compared to other developers. I got the quality and timeliness that I wanted, which helped me with my investors.
    GreyChain was able to deliver all the main pieces, as well as the additional features I requested.
    I’ve already recommended them to 4 people.

App Dev for International Research Nonprofit

"Project goal of data collection was achieved."

Dec. 2017 - Dec. 2019

GreyChain Technologies provided mobile app development. They built an admin panel to control settings. This included backend iOS and Android work.

Manila
Employee, Nonprofit

GreyChain Technologies successfully built an app that worked for two years. The workflow was effective and they understood the business well.

international research and policy non-profit in the field of international development.

For what projects/services did your company hire GreyChain Technologies?

We hired GreyChain to develop a mobile application to facilitate the data collection of a large scale research project about international remittances.

A mobile application, an admin panel that makes it easy to control app settings for different groups of users, continuous support and problem-shooting for two years.

Open bidding

Initial meetings for needs assessment and design; app development and testing through 3 pilots; finalization of app and continuous support for two years.

1 project manager who leads communication with us, 1 back end developer, several Android developer and IOS developers. I have to admit i do not remember the full team composition very well.

App ran for two years with minimal issue. Project goal of data collection was achieved.

Effective.

Good communication skills of the project manager. Willingness and ability to understand the client's business and needs.

More careful estimation of productivity and timeline.