Revenue Growth Guaranteed for Qualified Clients.

GobySavvy is different than other agencies because we focus specifically on WHAT DRIVES RESULTS and achieving an ROI higher than what our services cost.

If you're looking for talents to give your eCommerce store or SaaS application the added boost you need, then we're the solution you've been looking for.

My name is Ryan, and I lead our UX design & CRO team at GobySavvy. Our team is comprised of strategy, UX, content, analytics, and visual design experts with Master's Degrees, usability certifications, and design awards.

To help grow your business, we will help you with:

✔ Increasing your marketing ROI by improving conversions and customer engagement

✔ Reducing user churn, increasing active users, subscription upgrades, referrals, shares, and other engagement metrics

✔ Refining your brand message, based on insights we reveal through user testing

We use tools such as: visual website optimizer (VWO), optimizely, usertesting.com, hotjar, google analytics, facebook ads, adespresso, shopify, klaviyo, drip, and many more.

Let's get it right the first time. Together, we'll define realistic goals to drive customer feelings, thoughts, and behavior, that will help rapidly grow your business.

We've helped clients from startups to Fortune 500s, in industries ranging from eCommerce, to marketing websites, to mobile apps, and SaaS applications. Companies investing in focused UX design enjoy, on average, 100x return on their investment over the course of a year. Why is the ROI so high on good UX and CRO? It's because so few companies do it right, there's little competition at the top.

Let's find out what we can do for your company. Set up a quick consultation with us; I'd love to chat with you.

Vancouver, WA

• WLTHcases.com
  • Badassbaby.co
  • ZenShopWorld.com
  • Various startups

We improved the ease of use and efficiency of key tasks in Vantage Production's SaaS CRM application, which drastically increased customer satisfaction ratings and referrals.

Find the case study here

By optimizing the search, purchase, and upsell process, a single UX Review helped to increase conversions of JavaFly's eCommerce site by 20.54%, which led to a 112.62% revenue increase.

Find the case study here.

Our User Experience Designers conduct reviews that help troubleshoot and optimize the user experience of digital products.

Did you know, that with User Experience design you can target people's emotions and thoughts to influence what actions they take on your website or app?

Companies that do invest in effective UX enjoy revenue increases up to 37%, with an average of 100 times ROI.

How would a 37% increase in revenue change your business?

The fastest growing online businesses dig deep, to understand the psychology of their users, and make sure their business goals are in sync with real people.

It is a scientific approach to measure… test… and optimize how a digital product affects the thoughts..feelings... and actions of customers.

Sales Growth for Wholesale & eCommerce Company

"They pushed us in a forward-thinking direction that we weren't originally comfortable with."

Jan. - Aug. 2015

GobySavvy redesigned and redeveloped an existing website to increase ease of use, sales, and consumer engagement. SEO and content creation also played a role in improving the site.

Long Beach, California
Tom Dreher
President & CEO, Beach Cities Wholesalers

The new website has yielded over 300% growth in revenue and has improved the customer experience significantly. GobySavvy was knowledgeable and organized in their approach to the work and helped to push more creative improvements for the site.

I am a co-owner of a start-up operation called Beach Cities Wholesalers. We sell Gold Medal products and machines, such as gourmet popcorn, funnel cake, other snack foods, and the equipment to cook them.

Since opening in February 2011, BCW has grown into one of the largest Gold Medal Products dealers in the United States, earning back-to-back Golden Eagle awards for excellence in 2012 and 2013 and becoming one of the few Gold Medal Medallion level dealers in 2014, 2015 and 2016. We also distribute J&J Snack Foods products, Haagen Dazs/ Nestle Ice Cream and other select snack food items.

For what reason(s) did your company hire GobySavvy?

We had developed our website ourselves weren't interested in switching platforms or building a brand new site. Our customers are old school and we needed a solution that would make the website easier for them to navigate.

Our ultimate goal was to increase the number of sales and leads from local Southern California businesses on our website. We also needed to improve our local search rankings on Google. I didn't anticipate any significant impact (and boy was I surprised!) but just wanted to make it easier for current wholesale customers to work with our website.

I worked with my wife and business partner to figure out which of 5 agencies would best understand our needs, who we might enjoy working with the most, and who offered competitive pricing.

GobySavvy stuck out from other options because they have an expertise in the psychology of how to get website visitors to accomplish our business goals. Other agencies talked jargon and didn't seem to understand our specific goals to just optimize our existing site and push more sales and contact requests with what we have.

The scope of the project included the design and development of an improved website structure that would be easier for our customers to find products and machinery without confusion. Additionally, we needed to improve the contact options via phone or email.

We also wanted to improve our website's content to appeal more to our customers and also reflect the nature of our popcorn/snack foods business. Finally, we want to get our newsletter followers more engaged and lead them to purchase more products and attend our live events.

We had a dedicated project manager, Jessica [Project Manager, GobySavvy] who was an absolute pleasure to work with. The rest of the team included a UX designer, CRO expert, content strategist, email marketing expert, and the owner Ryan who helped with certain strategic decisions. We started with just the project manager and designer and eventually expanded as we realized our content needed to be improved.

Within 1 year of updating our website and expanding our email marketing efforts, we saw over 300% revenue growth, between the combined alternative efforts of SEO and the sales team. Our leads generated on the website increased by at least 10 fold. Finally, our customers also needed much less support to find things on our site.

Communication was very smooth. We mainly worked through phone calls and emails but had a few in-person meetings.

What I found most impressive about GobySavvy was the knowledge and organization of both Ryan [Owner, GobySavvy] and our project manager, Jessica. They pushed us in a forward-thinking direction that we weren't originally comfortable with. It was an enlightening experience; I understand how to navigate the digital world much more confidently now.

Things could have gone faster and they could have quoted the content strategy budgets from the start, but I understand these things aren't always revealed until a project is underway.

Overall Score We've worked with only GS for the last 2 years for digital projects
    Easy to work with but some development deadlines took longer than expected.
    Cost was competitive.
    Quality was better than I expected and made me proud of our website.
    Most definite and have already recommended GobySavvy dozens of times in the last 2 years

Prototyping Projects for Renowned Beauty Brand

"It was really refreshing to work with someone who shares my passion."

May 2015 - Nov. 2016

GobySavvy helped develop a consumer-facing e-commerce loyalty application. Their experience with Axure, a prototyping tool, filled internal gaps and brought a fresh perspective for user experience and testing.

10,000+

Senior UX Designer, Fortune 500 Beauty Retailer

GobySavvy is a team of problem solvers who are used to rapid turnarounds. The team is passionate and driven to deliver creative, quality work. They’re reliable with deadlines, but understand and keep up when pivots need to be made. GobySavvy is fully supportive and honest, making collaboration easy.

I work for a large beauty brand, and I work in the digital technology and innovation group. We work with brands across the portfolio to develop apps for in-store and for consumer-facing products. I’m a senior UX designer on the team.

What challenge were you trying to address with GobySavvy?

This was a couple years ago, and we were designing an app. At the time, I didn’t have as much experience working with Axure, which is a prototyping tool. We brought on GobySavvy to fill in that gap. Originally, I was trying to learn it on my own, but because of timing, we really needed a partner that could help us not only create a prototype but to also bring an extra set of eyes from a UX perspective. And then in general, we tend to work on very tight deadlines and very quick turnarounds, so GobySavvy was able to help us with that, often with less-than-two-day turnarounds. They were very successful in that.

I can’t give too much detail on the project itself, but it was a consumer-facing app for one of our brands, and it would allow users to access their accounts, their loyalty points, and also to shop from the app.

Before GobySavvy came on board with this specific project, I had created all of the wireframes in Axure, and they turned those wireframes into a clickable prototype. I worked with Ryan directly. He came into the office. We had a lot of phone calls. But it was really beneficial to have someone local who could come in and meet with me and go through feedback and brainstorm different ways to approach the problem within the app or to solve a usability issue. It was so long ago, it’s hard to say the timing, but I would say we probably worked with him for a couple of months. But it was such a pleasure working with him because my team is just me and my manager, who’s the ED of UX. I didn’t really have a team of designers to work with, so it was great to have someone who knew Axure, was very skilled in that, but then also knows UX and was able to contribute different problem-solving ideas.

Because I felt like he was so successful in that project, I told my colleagues and they brought him into other projects. Ryan went on to work with other colleagues of mine on more web-based apps. One project is live now, and it’s a digital flower bouquet builder for Mother’s Day. You can send it to your mom with a personalized note. It had really beautiful animations. He basically had a designer that created the UX for it and the prototype. I wasn’t involved in that project, so Ryan was the lead UX designer.

And then some other things that we’ve worked on? We built an appointment-booking app, starting with loose wireframes, not totally developed, just high-level, low-fidelity. One of his designers and I worked very closely together. That designer also had a lot of UX background, but also experience in Axure, and it was really important that we built the prototype because we wanted to make sure we could test it fully.

There was another project, but I can’t remember what it was. But it was also UX related. All their projects involved Ryan or his team creating wireframes, a prototype, and even helping with user testing. For one of the projects, he helped me set up the test questions and go through the feedback and figure out what we should change. They were involved in different stages for various projects.

How did you come to work with GobySavvy?

At the time, Ryan, the founder, had just started the company. I was one of his first clients. I found him as an independent designer on one of these websites, Freelance.com or something like that. We hired him thinking he was just one guy, but then I found out that he had his own company. I guess it was fate.

How much have you invested with GobySavvy?

I don’t really know how much the other projects were, but I would say no more than $20,000.

The summer of 2015, maybe May, is when we first started working with them. I don’t know about my colleagues, but I think they use him once in a while. I don’t really work with him anymore because we’ve hired more internal people to take the workload. But I also believe that his focus as a company has shifted from what it originally was. Originally, his focus was creating projects and doing usability studies, and now I believe he’s more focused on e-commerce and providing long-term solutions. We’d still bring him on if we needed an extra set of hands, but in the beginning, it was the perfect time for us to have an external partner. Now that we have more internal people, we don’t really need the extra help right now. I guess we stopped around November 2016.

I don’t have any metrics, but before I even joined my team, they weren’t working in clickable prototypes. All their wireframes were static. I wouldn’t necessarily give a specific metric, but in terms of how GobySavvy has helped my team rethink our process and how we create our products, his team really helped us go from static to prototype. When we present to the president and executive directors and global partners, it’s invaluable to have something that’s as close to the real deal. It seems more official as opposed to a static wireframe, and it also allows us to gather feedback.

How did Goby Savvy perform from a project management standpoint?

They were amazing. They met every single deadline. They’d get on a call with me anytime during the day, they’d respond to emails … they really made themselves available. They realized that my team and my company, because we’re so large, things are constantly changing. They were really able to keep up and meet all the deadlines that they promised.

We just used Google Docs as our project management software. At one point, we tried Slack, but it just made more sense to use Google Docs.

What did you find most impressive about GobySavvy?

I’ve worked with a lot of different agencies and independent contractors, and I’ve realized that everyone has the skill. But what you can’t teach someone is the work ethic, the passion, the drive to create something amazing. Usually agencies just want to get paid. They want to come in, do the job, do exactly what you tell them to do, and leave. With freelancers, it’s the same thing. They’re not tied to the company or the project. But with GobySavvy, they were really dedicated to supporting me, to supporting the project, and providing feedback to make sure that whatever we create is actually the best thing. It was really refreshing to work with someone who shares my passion.

Are there any areas GobySavvy could improve?

GobySavvy could improve on the wires design style. I’ve come to realize that UI designers follow the UX exactly and don’t necessarily update or come up with alternative visual treatments for some elements.

Overall Score I’ve known Ryan for two years now, and, as a person and a designer, we definitely see eye to eye on a lot of things. He’s just a great, honest person, and it can be hard to find people like that.
    Never had an issue with them meeting deadlines or not being available.
    The cost point was actually really good compared to other agencies we’ve worked with. It worked really well with our budget.
    If they created uber-beautiful wireframes, it would definitely be a 5.
    I’ve already referred them to colleagues, and I have some friends who were looking for UX positions in freelance and I connected them to GobySavvy.

UX Research & Design for Distribution Software Startup

"Our prospective customer pool has gotten more active and more interested in the product after seeing the new version."

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

After conducting thorough research, GobySavvy redesigned the user interface of a custom channel enablement solution. They also delivered a style guide and are now redesigning the admin interface.

Cupertino, California
VP Product, Q2E

GobySavvy distinguished themselves from competitors with their understanding of specific software needs of corporate clients. Their fluency in agile and flexible resourcing kept the project on track. Feedback from both existing and prospective customers has been positive.

Q2E is a software startup that is developing channel enablement software to help enable large technology companies better manage their channel distribution processes.

What challenge were you trying to address with GobySavvy?

Our startup had a couple of early iterations of our software, which evolved organically with different aspects, attributes, and features being developed over time. It's not uncommon for startups to develop the first version of their product, and then they realize that they're going to pivot to a new market segment or further redefine the software as a result of the pivot. When customers begin to use the software, they have different ideas for how it should perform or be used.

Our software evolved in such a way that we realized we were serving a specific market need, this channel enablement needs, that was not what we originally built the software for. We had a much broader target originally. Basically, we had been grafting features and processes onto a piece of software rather than having a cohesive platform specific to our current needs. It wasn’t holistic.

So the business challenge for GobySavvy was that we had software that had many disparate parts that weren’t integrated into a cohesive whole. The UX wasn’t easy either, since it, too, was fragmented. We hired GobySavvy to help us redesign the entire software from the ground up and design a holistic and cohesive framework for the entire feature set that would be easier to use.

The first phases of our work with GobySavvy involved defining the key users for whom we would be designing. We identified the key roles or people who work at technology companies and with their channel sales and distributions networks. GobySavvy helped conduct interviews with people in our market who occupy those roles, so they further fleshed out the specific challenges individuals face on their jobs when using software to do their work. For example, a channel chief has different software needs than a vice president of marketing, a sales manager, or a salesperson.

After defining the key roles, we sat down and developed a roadmap of all the key parts of the software that needed to be redesigned. We considered the point of view of each of those different roles, and what different users would need to see, do, or achieve with the software. GobySavvy then proceeded to wireframe a complete redesign of the software and then subjected that wireframe to some usability testing with people who represented those key roles. They then took the results of those tests and further refined their designs.

Parallel to this, one member of their team was working on the visual design guide — the fonts, colors, icons, and certain specifications for the visual components —  by working with our vice president of marketing to visually represent our brand values in our software. She learned from our marketing team to understand our brand — what it was trying to say and achieve — and work with our core color palette. She then translated all of that into a visual design guide with which the eventual wireframes would be implemented.

GobySavvy completed and refined the wireframes and tested them, and they developed a visual style guide that reflected our brand. They then put together several mockups for how we would implement the wireframes and how we would apply the style guide.

That was the first phase of our process — redesigning the user experience. We’re now in the middle of our second round of engagement, which is rebuilding and redesigning the admin experience. We have a powerful set of admin tools for power users, and we’re going through a similar process with that component of the product.

How did you come to work with GobySavvy?

It took us a few months to find GobySavvy. We searched through and posted in a lot of different venues, freelancer sites, LinkedIn searches, etc. When we found individuals or companies, we would interview them, take a look at their work, get their feelings about design, gauge their comfort level with working with startups, and see if they had any experience with working in agile environments. (We’re an agile shop). We finally decided to choose GobySavvy, because they seemed to be the right kind of fit.

We first contacted and began vetting GobySavvy in November 2015, and we began our first engagement with them in February 2016. We’re still working together, and I think our relationship is fantastic.

About a month ago we released the first phase of the redesign, Q2E 3.0, that GobySavvy worked on with us in 2016. We’re in the middle of converting our existing customers to the new version, and they’ve relayed positive feedback so far. They’re saying things like: This is so much easier to use. This is so much cleaner to look at. This is so much easier for us to find what we’re working on. This is far less confusing than your earlier version. Managers using the new version are saying: This is great. This gives me the information I've been looking for. This is really helping me measure my team’s performance better.

We’ve also begun showing the new version to prospective customers, people with whom our salespeople are speaking. Our prospective customer pool has gotten more active and more interested in the product after seeing the new version. Several pilots are being proposed, and a much larger group of customers are interested. We’re getting more referrals for potential customers from people who have seen the new version.

How did GobySavvy perform from a project management standpoint?

GobySavvy performs really well from a project management standpoint. We use Basecamp to work together and communicate. GobySavvy makes it clear how the project is going to be managed, what the milestones are going to be, what the check-in meetings are going to be, and what the deliverables will be at each phase of the project. But they’re also flexible. They’re able to make the work go as fast as they can, and they’re able to slow things down if there are bottlenecks on our end and we need to adjust the schedule. It’s been great.

We like GobySavvy’s designers. They bring a wide variety of perspectives to the project, and they have a flexible team of people that they assign to us at different times depending on what we’re doing. They have one person who does testing, one who designs dashboards, one who does visual design. We’re currently working with someone who is doing complicated admin tools. We’ve been happy with every person with whom we’ve worked. They’re all specialists who have deep-seeded experience in the particular aspects on which they’re working.

What did you find most impressive about GobySavvy?

I would say GobySavvy’s biggest strength is that they understand business, and that’s a big deal for us in designing enterprise software for businesses. It often has been my experience that a lot of designers are great at design, but they struggle to understand how business works and what business users are trying to do in the course of their jobs. GobySavvy has created a team of people who understand what corporate environments are like and how that needs to be reflected in enterprise software. That’s a hard skill to find: so many of the UX people we interviewed were great at consumer apps, but it’s rare to find people who understand how businesses and departments function, and how the software needs to be easy to use in that context. GobySavvy has been fantastic in that sense. They get business. They get the enterprise.

Are there any areas GobySavvy could improve?

Whenever we’ve spoken to GobySavvy about areas for improvement, they’ve been really responsive. I would characterize them as being an agile, learning group of people who are able to roll with any feedback we give them. I have no concerns or complaints.

Overall Score We'll continue working with GobySavvy.
    GobySavvy hit almost every deadline.
    GobySavvy gives us quality for our money.

UX Auditing for Wholesale Importer

“I was surprised at how quickly they understood our industry and identified pain points that I couldn’t see.”

GobySavvy conducted a thorough survey of an e-commerce website and presented suggestions to improve the UX. They collaborated with developers to implement the changes and still audit the site every few months.

Queensland, Australia
Dave Turner
Director, Malmar Enterprises

By working hard to understand industry specifics, GobySavvy streamlined the site quickly and efficiently. User feedback has been highly positive and revenue has increased as a result. The site remains a leader in the industry and has been imitated by competitors.

I’m the director of an importing firm. We import from China and other Asian companies and we distribute to 10,000+ retailers around Australia and the Pacific Rim, including New Zealand, Fiji, Micronesia, and Singapore. The company is about 45 years strong.

What challenge were you trying to address with GobySavvy?

Most of our users, our retail buyers, are older folks who aren’t tech savvy, so we needed to simplify the website, which is what we hired GobySavvy to do. We needed to take out all the bells and whistles that didn’t need to be there.

We pretty much let them run the entire project because we didn’t even know what UX was when we started getting into it. We asked them to do a deep dive into the site and come back to us with all of the pain points that they could see. They did surveys to people all around the world to figure out what was working and what wasn’t, and the results were more in-depth than we had imagined based on our internal testing. There were buttons in the wrong spot and color schemes that didn’t work and funny wording that could all be improved. We really believe that those little tweaks make a huge difference in making customers happy and making money.

After they did the research, GobySavvy worked hand in hand with our developers to make sure that the changes were implemented in ways that worked for us. There were some things that are industry-specific that GobySavvy couldn’t have tested for in their surveys, so having them work with our development team was great. We implemented about 90% of the things they suggested. Now we go back to them every few months for little improvements. The web is an evolving thing, so we have to be continuously looking at new technologies and new improvements to stay current.

How did you come to work with GobySavvy?

We researched UX people and GobySavvy came up at the front of that. We did consider a few other firms, but they were by far the most professional. They had a good reputation. We continue to work with them and recommend them to people we work with. But we don’t recommend them to our Australian competitors; we want to keep our secret. I’ll tell the world about GobySavvy, just not other people in Australia!

How much have you invested with GobySavvy?

I think it’s been about $5,000-$10,000 USD over the past few years.

We’ve been working with them for two or three years, and we go back to them for extra work two or three times a year. It’s ongoing relationship.

We get a huge amount of positive feedback from our customers. We’re continually told we have one of the best websites in the industry, which we love to hear. Our website is so good that two or three of our competitors have basically copied and pasted text off our page and put it on theirs (it’s still got our name on it; they haven’t even changed the details). You know what they say: Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

How did GobySavvy perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re easy to work with. They give us an offer of how much it’s going to cost for them to do the work, we say yes and they go ahead and do it. They come back and it’s done. From a project management view, they’re really easy to work with. I run most of it and I’m fairly tech savvy and I could do some of this myself, but I use them because they know what they’re doing and they’re fluent across many levels of tech. We use Basecamp and Lighthouse to manage the work.

What did you find most impressive about GobySavvy?

I was surprised at how quickly they understood our industry and identified pain points that I couldn’t see after having been in the industry for 30 years. For them to be able to deep dive that quickly was really impressive. They got it right away. Our main thing was that our users aren’t tech savvy and it needs to be simple, and they knew exactly how to carry that out.

Are there any areas GobySavvy could improve?

There are no areas I think they could improve on. Maybe they could come up with a plan where you can just pay a certain amount of money and have them take care of everything, but I think they’ve got everything pretty much covered.

I’ve recommended them multiple times.

UX Reporting for Real Estate Marketing Agency

“We’ve had giant increases in consistency and quality since working with GobySavvy.”

2014 - Ongoing

GobySavvy delivers UI/UX reviews to help with overflow work from a marketing firm. Their reviews are included in final digital presence evaluations for multiple clients.

Greater Los Angeles Area
President, Real Estate Marketing Firm

GobySavvy quickly adapted to rigorous review specifications and strict turnaround times. They learned quickly and continue to provide customized reviews at an affordable price. Feedback is consistently positive and demand continues to increase.

I’m the president of my company. We create online marketing and technology solutions for the real estate vertical.

What challenge were you trying to address with GobySavvy?

We have created very strict and specific criteria by which we evaluate websites. In order to complete those sorts of site analyses intelligently and on time, you need a bunch of really smart people who understand the goals of the site evaluation. They can’t just interpret it themselves; they need to really be able to get on board and understand how we want to evaluate each site because we want to be consistent across all our evaluations.

The biggest challenge I had was that the work that we get comes in all at once as opposed to throughout the year. This created a giant problem in terms of delivering things on time. We needed more experts working at the same time, instead of trying to handle it all in-house. In the past, we’ve used experts who were good in their field, but their evaluations would need a lot of work before they were client ready. They’d be in poor English or missing bullet points or something. Before we met GobySavvy, we assumed that was just how it is, that you just had to deal with those issues.

The people at GobySavvy are not only experts in the field, but they were also able to meet our rigorous standards. In many cases, our reports are 80 pages long and their work was inserted as an integral part of these evaluations. GobySavvy presented us with nearly client-ready reports that fit into our framework for the evaluation of different components. In other words, the ultimate deliverable was several components of an 80-page report evaluating many different parts of online marketing: design, user interface, search engine optimization, branding, mobile, and so forth.

How did you come to work with GobySavvy?

We wanted to work with a small team of experts who could handle a large amount of work—four to five people who would get on a project and peer-evaluate their own work. That way, we could achieve consistency and quality across all our recommendations. I met the owner through normal outreach and interviewing. He struck me as one of the only people I had found who was extremely knowledgeable. At the same time, he was also willing to get onto our wagon as opposed to me having to get on his.

How much have you invested with GobySavvy?

We’ve spent about $15,000–$20,000 per year.

I believe we started working together in 2014 and I expect the collaboration to continue.

Year over year, we’ve improved our results, and our client satisfaction has risen as measured by feedback from our members. Every year, we’ve gotten an increase in the people who purchase GobySavvy’s services. Anecdotally, we really have a sense that we are doing much better. We’re much more consistent, and consistency is very important in this line of work. We’ve had giant increases in consistency and quality since working with GobySavvy.

How did GobySavvy perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve been very easy to work with in the sense that our projects are highly defined. This year, in particular, we had some very rapid turnarounds that were required, and they met them. These were really aggressive turnarounds, the kinds where I’d have to say, “If you can’t turn them in on time, don’t turn them in at all. You can’t take this business if you can’t deliver it because I can’t get it a day late.” And it wasn’t a problem. They started turning them in advance. They listened to our feedback on the first round of work, and on the second round, we didn’t have to point those things out; the changes had already been made. From a project management perspective, the work is pretty straightforward, but they were really good at communication and always available.

What did you find most impressive about GobySavvy?

When you’re looking in this industry, it’s really hard to find someone who will work with small businesses. And when I say small, I don’t mean $50 million per year businesses; I mean small businesses. The cost element there is often impossible to overcome. I can say that GobySavvy isn’t inexpensive, but at least it was within reach. That was a distinguishing characteristic. Within reach, they were able to do some extraordinarily custom items for us.

Are there any areas GobySavvy could improve?

Honestly, I can’t think of any. If I had something, I would have asked them to do it and I know that they would have already fixed it.

UX Reviews for Agency Clients

“I like the idea that they’ve got specialists in individual sectors who are all experts in UX.”

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

GobySavvy offered personalized, detailed UX reviews for a number of separate SEO optimization campaigns. UX reports included text, images, explanation, and wireframes.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Andy Ocock
Owner, Above The Fold Digital Marketing

GobySavvy’s streamlined process allowed them to identify key areas for improvement based on clients’ unique business goals. Industry expertise and deadline-driven service set them apart from the crowd.

I’m the owner of a full-service digital marketing agency.

What challenge were you trying to address with GobySavvy?

I was looking to offer a complete service as far as digital optimization was concerned. My skill and understanding is the Google side of things (Google rankings, Google algorithms, that type of thing) and I understood that user experience was having more and more of an impact on a website’s ability to gain good rankings in Google. I went looking for a company that offered UX reviews online, and that’s how I discovered GobySavvy.

They offer a number of different services, but I’ve always used them for the same service. I’ve done somewhere around four to seven reviews with them. I use their lean review services. They don’t promote it anymore, but they used to have something called a lean review, which was more of a basic UX review because that was the service that most of my clients needed. If ever anybody wanted a more detailed UX optimization, I would refer them directly to GobySavvy and have no further part in the relationship. But as far as my clients were concerned, I would identify that their website needed a UX review. I would then contact GobySavvy, and they had an online form that was very easy to complete. The questionnaire would ask specific questions, such as “What are you looking to improve?” “What are the key areas of your website?” “What are the key services that you sell?” They ask you to identify what you consider to be the areas of weakness and they use that as the basis for your report. The report is never general; the report is always targeted towards an individual concern or issue that raised at the start.

I would complete their questionnaire, get through a standard questionnaire and fire that back to them. Within 7-10 days, I would get the completed report back and then Ryan from GobySavvy would contact me to discuss the report in detail. So the report would start with an explanation for folks who don’t understand UX, then they use images to help you understand whatever the issue is so that you can actually see how other people are doing things better. The report would include wireframes as well. Then I would send the finished UX review to my end client and if I was doing their web development, we would discuss the work that was needed.

How did you come to work with GobySavvy?

I think I found then through a general search, although it was a while ago now. Ryan may have reached out to me with an email marketing campaign. Actually, I do think I responded to some form of outreach because I don’t remember searching UX review on Google.

How much have you invested with GobySavvy?

Probably in the region of $1,800-$2,000.

I started working with Ryan around January 2016. I 100% foresee this relationship continuing.

As far as direct results, the easy answer is no, because the UX is always being done as part of a larger project where a number of other elements are being worked on. I tend to use them as part of an overall SEO optimization campaign that I provide clients. What I would say is that in every case where I’ve used their services, the websites have always improved in performance and that improvement in performance can be a range of things depending on what the customer was after in them first place. It will be things like an improvement in time on site and improvements on the number of pages viewed. And while it’s impossible to make a direct correlation, every client that I’ve offered a UX review as part of their SEO campaign has seen significant ranking improvements in Google. As far as what the clients have said, to a one all of them have loved the reviews because none of the clients are technically minded in any way. If somebody who has no real understanding of the online world can read a grasp the contents of the report as a layman, that’s a big benefit to the client. They’re genuinely learning something and they understand where their money is going.

How did GobySavvy perform from a project management standpoint?

They are perfect at it. You can tell that they are a very well organized and process-driven company, which is part of why I carried on using them. I’m a list man, so I wake up every day and I write my list of things to do, how long it’s going to take to do each thing, and I go through my list systematically. That’s the process that works for me. From the very first point when they send you the questionnaire, everything is very systematic, very process driven, so after using them for the first time I had complete confidence. As long as I give them the information that they need, they will always deliver what I need on the day that they say they will. That makes my life a lot easier because then I can set my client’s expectations. There’s nothing worse than delivering work late to a client because it makes me look like an idiot, and I can rely on them absolutely.

What did you find most impressive about GobySavvy?

Ryan, to be honest. Ryan is the first point of contact and his ability to explain what’s being done, why it’s being done and the benefit that you will get once it’s done helped me a lot. I didn’t know what a UX review was the first time I went to him. He’s the strength of the business. The other thing that I like is the idea that they’ve got people who are specialists in certain areas. For example, UX in e-commerce is entirely different to UX in a brochure-driven website for an engineering company. Rather than giving it to a company that just as a UX review specialist, I like the idea that they’ve got specialists in individual sectors who are all experts in UX.

Are there any areas GobySavvy could improve?

It’s been a few months since I’ve seen their last UX review, so they may have updated it, but the reports themselves could use an element of video. Little snippets about different elements of UX that can perhaps be embedded into reports, or links to videos on YouTube, that sort of thing. Maybe something watchable. There’s already text and images to back it up, but as a person, I digest information easier and quicker when I’m watching a video rather than reading a document.

The dates that they can deliver their products are made very clear from the start, and they always deliver by that day.
    What you get for the money is excellent.
    I’ve had no complaints of any kind.
    Without hesitation.