Software House - Custom Software Development

Based in Poland -  GMI Group is a custom software development company with more than 10 years of professional experience.

Our values:

1. We’re a technical partner that dives into your business. Our clients emphasize our ability to really understand the business and its long-term goals.
  2. Full transparency is what we stand for. We take full responsibility for the development process while giving you access to every member of the team and every piece of the process.
  3. We build products people want to use. Great ideas require even greater solutions; that’s why complex projects drive us to provide even better user experiences.

The team completed more than 100+ different projects and experienced in web, mobile, desktop and especially custom solutions.

Main tech expertise includes the following stacks: PHP (Symfony), Javascript (Angular) and mobile (Ionic, React Native) solutions

Our services:

Poland

Q2 Smart Lockers Ltd. Delivioo.com Strykfritt.se Giverr.dk CodersLab

Budlex Image

Budlex

Budlex is the only developer in the region that has been on the market for 31 years. They are one of the oldest developers in the region. Projects implemented by Budlex are regularly singled out and awarded in architectural competitions

The application was created for customers who purchased flats completed by the Budlex company. Thanks to the application, they monitor the

consumption of utilities on an ongoing basis by remote reading of housing meters (hot and cold water meters and heating meters).

The customer receives a quick overview of the current consumption of water and heat energy in the form of data presented in PLN.

The register of readings is updated daily. The results are also presented in charts.

Benefits:

- ongoing monitoring of media consumption,

- savings for the home budget

In what technologies was the app created?

PHP (Symfony), TypeScript (Ionic).

Do you want to create a similar mobile application and make life easier for your customers?

All you have to do is enter the link below or contact us by e-mail: [email protected]

Fitpass - Gym Membership App Image

Fitpass - Gym Membership App

About Fitpass FitPass presents the widest sports and recreational offer in entire Serbia - with a FitPass card, your employees get access to more than 600 sports facilities. This number of facilities increases by 10-15 every week. We give you flexibility - if you cannot fully cover the cost of FitPass card for your employees, we are open to a solution where your employees co-pay for the access, or have limited number of

entries. You get proffessional support at each step - we deliver the cards, take back the cards, exchange the faulty ones. Our responsibilities in the project Responsive Web Design Back Office Application Payment gateways integration API and Frontend JS application Technology Stack - Single-page-application PHP Symfony Angular
AurumTrader - Fintech / Crypto Platform Image

Technology Stack

Estate Web App Image

Estate Web App

About Estate App

Real Estate Web App which allows citizens to find the best estate offers.

Our responsibilities in the project

• Responsive Web Design
    Q2 Smart Lockers Image

Q2 Smart Lockers

About - Q2 Smart Lockers You no longer need to look for a specialist dry cleaner to take care of your favourite jacket. Forget about time wasted to pick up your dry cleaning. Q2 Locker allows you to place and collect orders at your convenience. Our services are available 24/7. We have special offers for our regular customers.   Our responsibilities in the project Technical Architecture of the platform Responsive Web

Design Back Office Application Payment gateways integration (Stripe, Paypal) Payter Integration (Payment Contactless Terminals) IoT - Locks Management System for Q2 Lockers Windows (Desktop) App for Customers Dry Cleaner Panel - API and Frontend JS application  Client's Web Panel - API and Frontend JS application   Technology Stack PHP Symfony Angular .NET - C#
    GMI - Tech Stack Image

GMI - Tech Stack

• React
    • Ionic
    • React Native
    • NodeJs

Mobile App Development for E-Commerce App

"Even when we disagreed they maintained their professional manner so I was never concerned about sharing my opinion."

Jan. 2020 - Ongoing

GMI Group developed a mobile app from scratch, working through proof of concept and MVP creation to launch. They also implemented existing branding and designs and advised on app store requirements.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Daniel Ellingson
    Founder & Owner, Beri Gifts

The client is pleased with GMI Group’s performance in all areas of the project, including design, development, and project management. Their timely communication and practice of providing diverse design options stand out. Customers can expect a fast partner with valuable business experience.

I started a company called Beri Gift, which means “giving” in Malay. I came up with the idea when I was in Malaysia.

What challenge were you trying to address with GMI Group?

They developed our mobile app for us. I had zero experience with mobile app development though I did have product development experience. They brought the coding ability and they brought the idea.

We worked through a scrum process, moving through from a proof of concept to an MVP. They used a Miro Board, which allowed me to talk remotely about my idea and the flow of the application. Then, we tested the idea and a few features.

The application is a wish list or registry aggregator. People can use it to either pull wish lists from different websites or to create one manually. GMI Group tested both a feature called a scraper (scraping wish lists from different sites) and a contact linking tool (helping people share with their friends). Once we were good to go with those we moved onto the MVP phase. This was around March 2020.

All total, I worked with around ten people. The CEO was helpful at initially mapping our product and planning for monetization. Then, we have a couple of sales and customer relations people. They keep me up to date and act as my main contact. We’ve also worked with a budget and timeline specialist in a project management role. There’s also been a design resource working with us. Finally, I work directly with the developers.

How did you come to work with GMI Group?

One of my initial partners connected me with GMI. They had a solid profile on Clutch, which helped me because I was new to the software design world. We interviewed 3-4 different companies and we communicated well with GMI.

I was also impressed by their initial concept walkthrough. It was probably the best one we saw, in terms of wireframes. They pinned down my idea and grasped my concept the most cleanly. Additionally, I requested they design the app with React Native and they complied. That was a big requirement for me so I could save money.

We’ve spent around $25,000-$30,000 with them.

We’ve been working together since January 2020. The app has just been approved by both the iOS and Android stores. Now, we’re waiting to gather feedback from users before we make any more plans, though we already plan to use them to develop version two of the application.

I love the design work from their side and the mobile app technology; they’ve done a great job on both parts. They gave us options for the design but didn’t overwhelm us with too many choices. I provided initial branding and they were able to implement that as well.

We did go over budget, but, as the customer, I changed my mind and added a few things so I was alright with the overrun.

How did GMI Group perform from a project management standpoint?

This is one of their strong suits. They were extremely punctual to meetings to the point where they were always waiting for me to jump on the call. Additionally, when I identified bugs or gave them feedback on designs they addressed them quickly. Our communication was smooth.

On the business process side, they had a fantastic way to track developer hours. Anytime I wanted, I could pull up a Google Doc and see what they were working on. They also used Trello to great effect. I always knew what was going on and what they needed from me.

Thanks to their speed, I was able to see a testable UI in TestFlight almost one week after we started. That process was very smooth.

I also found them to be a very professional outfit. Even when we disagreed they maintained their professional manner so I was never concerned about sharing my opinion. If something was moving slower than I expected we were able to talk about it. This way, there were no surprised at our final MVP debrief — from their side or mine. We had a good working relationship.

Google approved our app with only one question, which we quickly addressed, but Apple took almost one month. They were being a bit frustrating with their questions and GMI gave me good advice on how to push back and fight and respond. Initially, I thought Apple was never going to accept the app but they worked with me to get Apple to relent.

My experience was that some developers were extremely strong and some were less so. I shared this feedback with GMI and they were attentive. They quickly switched out a new resource, which resolved the situation.

Be clear about exactly what you, although it can be hard to pin that down. GMI did a good job of listing out how much each of our asks would cost to ensure we got an accurate estimate. Scope creep can be hard to avoid but that’s on the product owner, rather than the developer.

Mobile App Dev for Real Estate Developer

"The experience of the staff was at a very high level."

Mar. - Sept. 2019

GMI Group provided development on a mobile smartphone application to control utilities in an apartment complex. The app works for iOS and Android. They also provided design for the platform.

Warszawa, Poland
    Paweł Kopiński
    Project Manager, Budlex Sp. z o.o.

GMI Group increased customer satisfaction and created high-quality code. There were no complications with the product development. The customer service was very effective and their experience was good. They're always willing to help with anything that comes up.

Budlex Sp. z o.o. is building new apartments in the markets of Toruń, Bydgoszcz, Olsztyn and Warsaw. The offer includes flats in modern facilities on estates with a carefully thought-out layout of buildings and located in prestigious locations. Our priority is to further develop the developer's offer and expand the range of our operations. We strive for the highest level of satisfaction with our services, which has been repeatedly appreciated by our customers. At Budlex, I provide technical support for development projects from the acquisition of land, through building permits, selection of the general contractor and commissioning of the facility.

For what projects/services did your company hire GMI Group?

Development and implementation of a mobile smartphone application, innovative on the residential development market.

With a view to increasing customer satisfaction with the purchased apartment, we have decided to extend the range of improvements with an application that enables control of water and heat consumption in the apartment, facilitates contact with the service and caretaker and provides up-to-date information about the housing estate. We plan to extend it with new functions.

Competition of offers of companies offering their services in this field operating in the country.

They developed the app for both iOS and Android platforms - hybrid version.

Budlex: - project manager - Director of Commercial Affairs - Marketing Manager GMI: - 1x Scrum Master - 1x Front-end developer - 1x Back-end Developer - 1x UI/UX Designer

Increasing customer satisfaction - internal research

The first discussions with the project contractor were aimed at determining the total scope of work. From the beginning, GMI was able to anticipate possible risks and interruptions. The design environment was adapted to our working mode and was simple enough for the product owner to meet his requirements and those of the development team. Thanks to the great attention to the quality of the code, the project was delivered on time and there were no internal complications associated with the product development. However, there were external complications (service providers), which GMI helped to solve with us.

Customer care The experience of the staff was at a very high level. Transparent rules of cooperation No unpleasant surprises, just pleasure. Willingness to help and availability

Rather not, the cooperation with GMI is clear and trouble-free

CMS Site Development for Technical Training School

“It didn’t feel like a typical client-contractor relationship; rather, we considered them partners.”

Mar. - Aug. 2018

GMI Group developed a website on a CMS where customers could read about and sign up for training courses. The site was customizable and featured forms and pop-ups to funnel leads.

Warsaw, Poland
    Tomasz Koziol-Milanowicz
    Project Manager, Coders Lab Sp. z o.o.

Non-technical stakeholders could now easily update site content, implementing SEO tactics to encourage higher organic traffic. GMI Group worked efficiently and adhered to the initial timelines. Although there were some initial misunderstandings, clear communication ensured project success.

I’m a project manager a Coders Lab, a leading IT school in Poland that offers training in tech, UX design, testing, and more. Students can choose from a range of products to help them achieve their goals, including stationary, weekend, and remote options.

For what projects/services did your company hire GMI Group?

We were looking for a company to develop a CMS that would help our internal staff manage information on our courses. This team needed to specialize in programming web applications in addition to being proficient in Symfony and React.

Our goal with the website was to convey our course information in a legible way so that we could gain more leads. It was also important that the CMS was user-friendly so that our staff members could easily update the content regardless of their technical proficiency.

We sent several inquiries to various companies and decided to collaborate with GMI Group. They communicated efficiently from the get-go and were very much involved throughout the whole process.

GMI Group developed a dedicated CMS that allowed us to manage the information on our training courses. Initially, both sides were heavily involved in breaking down the project. We worked to determine a precise development timeline for each functionality and strove to meet those estimates.

In terms of key features, we’re able to configure every element of the site. This ranges from customizing the titles, descriptions, and keywords to moving modules around the page. The CMS also lets us prepare lead collection forms and pop-ups. From an end user perspective, customers can become better acquainted with our offerings, check the course dates and advisors, and sign up for training.

The team included a project manager, two backend developers, and a frontend developer.

Our new site is more SEO-compliant, which has resulted in higher organic traffic and leads. Furthermore, the site is easier for us to edit, so we don’t have to rely on our IT department to make content changes.

They organized the work using a Scrum methodology with two-week sprints. Strong communication helped us work more effectively with each sprint, which allowed us to complete the project on time.

Within the first few weeks, we established a harmonious collaboration between our teams and worked daily to complete the project. It didn’t feel like a typical client-contractor relationship; rather, we considered them partners. If we ever have the opportunity to work with GMI Group again, we’ll certainly use their services.

We should’ve focused on giving the development team a better understanding of the whole project. At times, some individuals were too focused on one functionality but didn’t consider the broader context, which occasionally led to some discrepancies. Fortunately, we had strong communication lines and quickly explained any deviations. They were then able to execute the project as specified.

Overall Score They're a great company to collaborate with.
      The development timelines were well-estimated.
      They have prices adequate to the quality they offer.
      We communicated at a high level, and that's half the battle.
      They were punctual, honest, and communicative.

Software Development for Dry Cleaner Locker Solution

“The huge input from their whole team impressed me.”

Mar. 2014 - Nov. 2017

GMI Group provided software design and development services, working firstly on a software system to integrate with existing hardware, and later to develop a system aligned with custom hardware.

Arek Kozikowski
    CEO & Founder, Q2 Smart Locker

The finished software and associated mobile applications are excellent, meeting the company’s needs and allowing them to develop their services as a business. The team managed the work well and dedicated skilled resources to the project.

I'm CEO and founder of Q2 Smart Lockers. We’re an innovative dry cleaner with locker servicing in London.

For what projects/services did your company hire GMI Group?

We needed software design and development.

We wanted to build a successful product. We were focused on our business so needed a technical partner to plan and manage all the IT matters.

They were recommended by a friend who worked with them before.

We ordered lockers from an external, overseas manufacturer with no software included. GMI then designed and developed a whole system to integrate with that hardware. We were able to manage all nine lockers remotely, while our customers had access to the online user panel and mobile application to manage orders and make payments.

Later, we decided to build the prototype second version of our product in Poland. GMI was involved in a whole process of development as our main partner. They provided mentoring and consulting, product design, and a team of developers and architects.

There was an IT architect, a designer, and four developers.

The software was crucial for our startup, and without it, we didn't have a product. Their work was the most important thing for us at the time.

They hired the product owner to oversee the project. As investors, we met regularly on demo days to hear about the current status of the project and used Assembla throughout.

Their focus on the product and the strong input from their whole team impressed me. They had a lot of ideas about how to improve our product to fit the end users’ needs.

Communication, in the beginning, was a little bit difficult due to the quality of online meetings. We solved that problem by using Messenger.

Overall Score They're highly recommended.
      Everything was okay.
      They have very competitive prices in comparison to the UK.
      It was perfect.
      I've already recommended them.

Application Development for Delivery Service Company

"They’re a very professional contractor with a great level of experience and a good sense of responsibility."

Sept. 2017 - Feb. 2018

GMI Group provided mobile application development, working on iOS and Android solutions.

Hamburg, Germany
    Matthias Grimling
    CEO, Delivioo

The finished applications are excellent, providing the perfect solution for the company to move forward. The collaboration was such a success that GMI Group was taken on for further projects, always demonstrating their professionalism.

I’m the CEO and Founder of Delivioo.com.

For what projects/services did your company hire GMI Group?

We hired them for application development.

To build a successful mobile app, using our mockups and an existing API. We also did a rebranding of the whole product.

We found them through Google and, after a quick call, we moved on with the next steps.

They worked on our iOS and Android mobile applications. Our web-based version of the product was ready, but to allow our users to use our solution in a convenient way, we had to provide a mobile version.

Two of their developers collaborated with DevOps.

This project was the first in our collaboration and after its success, we continued. They’re now working with me on a complex solution for logistics companies.

It was ok. We used a dedicated Trello board, but at that time, they didn't have the support of a project manager. That meant it was sometimes challenging to keep up to date.

They’re a very professional contractor with a great level of experience and a good sense of responsibility. They use the scrum method, which simplifies communication and work progress.

I would appreciate if the daily scrum calls weren’t so early.

MVP Development for Gift Card App

"They’re very keen on pleasing the customer."

Sept. 2017 - Oct. 2018

GMI Group built the MVP version of a gift card app for both Android and iOS platforms as well as its backend.

Denmark
    Owner, Giverr

While the app wasn’t successful in the market, GMI Group did an excellent job, surpassing all initial expectations. Their use of Trello made the collaboration easy. Furthermore, they’re a punctual, communicative, and helpful vendor that shares what they think is best for a project.

I’m the owner of a startup in Denmark that serves retail stores with gift card solutions.

For what projects/services did your company hire GMI Group?

I needed a vendor to help me create an MVP of a gift card app as well as its backend.

I did an online search and found GMI Group.

They developed the app for both iOS and Android platforms as well as its backend. They did everything based on the specifications I have them.

I communicated with a designer, a team lead, and the owner of GMI Group.

The app was not commercially viable, but the IT side of the project was executed very professionally. GMI Group performed above my expectations and the collaboration was relatively effortless. They were helpful in producing an MVP that we could test with customers.

They were very effective in this regard. GMI Group used Trello, which made tasks visible for the team and me. All communication was done professionally and promptly.

They’re very keen on pleasing the customer, but they still act like true IT professionals with a great sense of what is doable at the moment and what would be best for a later version.

No, I can't think of anything in terms of their technical skills.