Marketing and Advertising London and Bournemouth
Fireworx is a creative, marketing and digital agency that’s here for entrepreneurs, the risk takers, the crazy ones, those who want to stand out from the crowd.
From our offices in London and Bournemouth we’re ranked in the UK’s top ten elite agencies by The Drum. Deploying disruptive thinking we solve business challenges, better defining a clients competitive advantage, transforming brands and driving faster growth.
Offering payment based on results, fixed fees and backed by our creative guarantee, whether your focus is engaging with other businesses or consumers, discover how we help.
Bryanstone WorksLondon SW1P 4RGUnited Kingdom
Bistech supports customer’s long term IT infrastructure goals with innovative and cost-effective technology solutions. They approached us with a view to unifying the disparate back-end systems that clients use to manage their networking set-up performance.
The challenge was to improve the overarching customer experience for clients, with a view to long term retention.
Health-on-Line wanted to reinvigorate their online presence in line with their plans for continued growth and asked Fireworx to design and develop a new website that better reflected the brand. As part of the user experience phase, we were also asked to document the end-to-end customer journey, from the site through to the contact centre, making recommendations for improvement.
Fireworx was challenged by Dorset Road Safety Partnership to create a new, fresh and innovative road safety
campaign that encouraged a ‘road respect’ culture in Dorset. Targeting all road users, the campaign’s objectives
• change ambivalent driver behavior to road safety
• encourage drivers to respect other road users
• highlight the benefits of being more considerate other road users
• be eye-catching and memorable
• create a ‘feel good’ factor, making Dorset’s roads safe and happy
• create a recognisable brand and tag-line
• reduce the number of people killed or seriously injured on Dorset’s roads
Prior to developing the creative approach the FWX team carried out extensive research including:
• road user research forums
• analysing previous national / regional road safety campaign messaging
• attending a Dorset Police road safety awareness course
• one to one interviews with key client stakeholders
The research indicated that a successful road safety campaign needed to:
• bridge the gap between vulnerable road users ( cyclists, horse riders, pedestrians) and car / van drivers
over the priority/ ownership of road space
• avoid being patronising towards road-users
• move the emphasis away from life-changing outcomes (death, serious injury, imprisonment)
• be subtle, edgy yet attention grabbing
• make people smile, but also make them more aware / educated
Using their disruptive thinking ethos and taking inspiration from Cards Against Humanity (a card game, in which
players complete fill-in-the-blank statements using risqué words or phrases), FWX conceptualised an empathetic
and thought-provoking campaign creative using a collection of messages encouraging road users to make better
choices. At the heart of this was the intent to spark a conversation and create intrigue that resonated beyond the
‘scare – tactic’ campaigns of old.
The title of the advertising campaign was Choices for Humanity, and asked road users a series of questions with
two answers on playing cards for them to choose from. Each question had a distinct message alongside the core
campaign message: ‘The road is not a game.’