Android apps, blockchain and p2p networking

When you hire me, you'll be able to draw on my experience in all roles of the software development life-cycle. At the same time, you can rely on my in-depth expertise in network protocol design, Android development, web APIs and all things Linux.

As a founder and entrepreneur, I have no difficulty balancing technical and business requirements. My clients run the gamut from small startups to large enterprises, which means I will easily understand your specific needs.

Freelancer
Greifenberg, Germany

Android App Support for Watch Firm

“They contributed significantly to the current iteration of the Android application.”

June 2017 - Mar. 2018

finkhaeuser consulting provided support for an Android app, taking on a broad role in the architecture and rebuilding. The scope included reviewing code, implementation, and putting together interface specs.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Team Lead App Developer, Watch Firm

The new iteration of the application was finished successfully. The team handled the complexity of integrating the purchase process flawlessly, and there are no issues with the app. They worked smoothly in a scrum process, took initiative throughout, and communicated well.

I’m the team lead app developer at a watch firm. I oversee the development of both Android and iOS applications for our marketplace.

What challenge were you trying to address with finkhaeuser consulting?

We needed reliable application development support, consulting, and reviews for our application architecture. That meant working on aspects such as implementation, overseeing complex systems, and helping us find optimal solutions for our tasks.

We worked together on the architecture and rebuilding of an Android application. Their role was broad, and they really took care of everything. That included reviewing all the code and architecture, doing the implementation work, working on the API endpoints, and putting together the specs for the interfaces.

They also provided consulting services, advising us on the technical side about what would be beneficial for the application from the product management point of view.

The application gives our users the same features as on the web frontend. It allows them to browse the marketplace, manage a notepad of selected watches, manage and save filter searches. Once a user makes a purchase, they can view it through the app and contact the dealer. There’s also a profile area, which we added more features and polish to during the rebuild.

I worked with Jens (Owner & Software Consultant, finkhaeuser consulting).

How did you come to work with finkhaeuser consulting?

I’ve known Jens for 15 years, and we've worked together as colleagues before.

We worked together from June 2017–March 2018.

They contributed significantly to the current iteration of the Android application. It’s very reliable—the purchase process works 100% of the time, which is what we needed. It was a complex integration into a complex system, and they implemented it flawlessly.

How did finkhaeuser consulting perform from a project management standpoint?

The project management went extremely well. We first used Trello and Asana, then eventually settled on Jira and a scrum process.

There’s very good communication and organization. finkhaeuser’s team worked closely with the backend coders and liaised with product management. They’re very proactive and competent.

We were really happy to work with them, and the experience was excellent.

It wasn’t always possible to have Jens onsite, so we had to work remotely. That meant communication was a little slower than in-person.

Get in touch and talk to them. We enjoyed the process.

We got value for money.
    They worked on some significantly complex elements and it went flawlessly.