Hardware - Software - Services

Fencecore is a North American provider of information technology products and services. Fencecore serves over 200 customers across Canada. Our solutions are implemented by organizations from small to large enterprises in industries such as automotive, construction, retail, finance, medical, government, transport, healthcare and education. Fencecore is as a young new era information technology company that can service your IT needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Fencecore IT
4480 Chemin de la Côte-de-Liesse Suite 395
Mount Royal H4N 2R1

SMB to large enterprises

* we can not disclose specific companies that we work with due to Non-Disclosure Agreements.

IT Infrastructure Procurement for Autoparts Company

“I can go anywhere for tech equipment, but Fencecore IT is the only place where I can get quality customer service.”

Dec. 2016 - Jun. 2017

After renovating an outdated network infrastructure, Fencecore IT implemented network infrastructures and servers at two new locations.

1001- 5000 Employees

Senior IT Coordinator, Auto Parts Company

Fencecore IT proved to be a convenient partner for inconvenient situations. They manage to deliver equipment fast, even when facing long distances, busy holidays, and rare equipment. Their competitors cannot match them in resources, technical expertise, or client satisfaction.

At the time of the engagement, I was the senior IT manager at a global automotive supplier.

What challenge were you trying to address with Fencecore IT?

We needed experienced technicians to help us rebuild our old network infrastructure.

They helped us with three major projects, with the most significant being a complete network overhaul for headquarters. Fencecore IT helped us develop the scope, procure equipment, and implement a new network infrastructure. Two of their technicians came to our site to conduct a wireless site assessment pre- and post-installation, in addition to helping us configure the main switches. The other projects involved setting up networks and server infrastructures for our two new locations in Mexico. Updates were provided every hour to ensure that the equipment crossed borders safely.

Dan Munk, Fencecore IT’s VP, was my main point of contact because of our prior relationship. When I needed specialized help, I contacted other key members on their team.

How did you come to work with Fencecore IT?

I had been following Munk for years, so I knew that they would be capable of helping us rebuild our failing infrastructure.

We’ve spent between $80,000 ¬– $1 million on services and equipment.

The major implementations took place between December 2016 – June 2017.

I consider them to be my most valuable connection because they’re always helping us get out of tight situations. When we couldn’t find a vendor who sold or shipped the what we needed, Fencecore IT found a way to acquire and deliver the equipment to our isolated locations in Mexico. On another occasion, they sent us parts for a server rack that malfunctioned during the Christmas holidays within two days. In both instances, they helped us prevent delays.

How did Fencecore IT perform from a project management standpoint?

They maintain an open line of communication and provide comprehensive reports so that we’re as informed as possible on their work.

They care about my immediate needs more than they care about their profits, which makes them feel like an extension of our team instead of a sales company. I can go anywhere for tech equipment, but Fencecore IT is the only place where I can get quality customer service.

Although I appreciate their responsiveness, it would benefit them to adopt a ticketing system that marks non-urgent requests as a low priority. It would also be useful to have a digital record of their clients’ account history.

I have already referred others to Fencecore IT.

IT Services and Consulting for Apparel Company

“Fencecore continues to keep everything operational and running smoothly.”

Sept. 2013 - Ongoing

Fencecore provides IT services, including overall maintenance of servers and infrastructure, as well as work on special projects like server swaps and providing hardware solutions.

Director of Finance and Operations, Clothing Importer

Fencecore provides top-notch IT services and support, responding to any issues or server downtime with a strong sense of urgency. Highly responsive and results-driven in their approach, their communication is outstanding. They're also proactive about providing custom solutions when needed.

I'm the director of finance and operations for a clothing importer.

What challenge were you trying to address with Fencecore IT?

We wanted to outsource our IT needs, since we were lacking IT staff internally. We needed help managing our network and infrastructure.

Fencecore works on special projects as needed and provides IT maintenance services. They set up our entire network infrastructure for about 70 staff members working on 50 PCs and various voice over IP systems.

A couple years ago, they helped us perform a server swap, changing all of our equipment over in the process after doing an assessment of user needs and recommending a hardware solution. They also provide some digital marketing and SEO services and helped us build our website.

I work with 2–3 people on a day-to-day basis, but I also have one main point of contact for high-level projects.

How did you come to work with Fencecore IT?

I had a connection in common with Fenecore, and we ran into each other by chance in Montreal.

We probably spend about $30,000–$40,000 per year.

We've been working together for five years and counting.

Fencecore continues to keep everything operational and running smoothly. Their response time to any IT issues that come up is very fast; we can rely on them whenever we have any downtime related to an infrastructure networking issue.

How did Fencecore IT perform from a project management standpoint?

Their communication is outstanding. I generally get a response back from them within minutes when I reach out by phone or email.

I can trust them and I don't have to worry about pricing, because they're very upfront and transparent about their services. When we first started working together, they visited our office onsite to do an assessment, noticed that a lot of basic functionality for our servers wasn't working, and loaned us $40,000 worth of equipment to help us get it up to speed. They have a results-driven approach in that sense.

No, but I definitely recommend working with them.

We haven't had any issues; they always deliver on time as promised.
    Their services have been great across the board.

IT Consulting Projects for Manufacturer

“They have phenomenal customer service … I'd definitely recommend them.”

Aug. 2010 - Ongoing

Fencecore provides IT consulting services, advising on licensing and equipment. They also assisted with server and SAN replacements and a wireless project.

Kitchener, Canada
Jim Duff
Senior Network Administrator, Kuntz Electroplating

Backup times decreased from 18 hours to about three hours and the backend is functioning much quicker, helping the business grow. Fencecore goes above and beyond to meet all needs, while their ability to get the best prices and equipment made them a long-term partner.

I'm the senior network administrator at a large manufacturing company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Fencecore IT?

We're an HP shop and we have our own IT department. Fencecore is our consulting partner, helping us with many projects.

We've done the wireless project with them recently and they also helped us with server and SAN replacements. In addition, they provide recommendations when it comes to parts or licensing.

Our equipment was seven years old, so we needed to update our technologies. We worked with them on identifying the equipment that would last us several years and help us grow. They're very knowledgeable and set things up exactly the way we want them, without taking any shortcuts. We never have to go back to them and change something because it doesn't work–they do things correctly the first time.

We had two technicians working on our server project and two–on our wireless project, but I usually work directly with the owner.

How did you come to work with them?

We worked with their owner before he started Fencecore, so we stayed with him.

We spent between $50,000–$200,000.

We started working with them in August 2010 and the relationship is ongoing.

The server project has helped us reduce the backup times tremendously, saving us time and effort. We used to back up the tape, which took 18 hours and now we're backing up the disk, which takes less than three hours. Also, everything on the backend is much quicker, which speeds up our business.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They're great communicators and we can easily get hold of them.

They have phenomenal customer service and always reach out to us to make sure we're happy. We typically get three quotes for a project and they do their best to get us the best prices.

I can't think of anything.

Have a clear goal for what you want the project to achieve because that will help them get the best price and the equipment you need. If you don't have a clear goal in mind, they will sit down with you and discuss your objectives, helping you find a solution.

Overall Score We like their work, but everyone has the ability to improve.
    They never missed a deadline.
    They didn't have expertise with one piece of software that we bought for our wireless project, so we had to call in a third party.
    I'd definitely recommend them.