Mobile Games & App Development Specialists.

Fan Studio is a certified mobile app and game development company and a verified member of the UK Association for Interactive Entertainment UKIE.org.uk and TIGA.org (the Trade Association representing the UK's game industry) and was founded in 2008.

We specialize in games & app development and gamification strategies for startups and enterprise clients.

Our game developers are here to help you find the best solutions, research, launch your app and give you advice whenever you need it.

2008

Game app developed for the Rugby World Cup 2016 - Hafele UK - http://hafele.co.uk/shop/flickrugby

Hosco - WORLD'S LEADING HOSPITALITY NETWORK - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hosco/id1080703937?ls=1&mt=8

Little Kitten

Dentware - dental management app

Dentware is the only dental practice management software app for iPad, iPhone and Mac OS X.

Dentware brings an elegant and intuitive user interface, powerful features and the highest security. It’s designed to work as beautifully as it looks.

Description

"Little Kitten is every child's dream - a cheeky, funny and adorable little pet. Take a ride on the airplane, shoot some hoops, play hide & seek and bed trampoline or get creative with paw painting - you can always have a great time with your best kitten friend! Explore the kittens world and discover cute animations, laugh with and care for your sweet furry pal.
The unique game-design encourages children to explore the room with minimal use of icons or menus. The 6 mini-games offer a wide variety of interactions and are designed so they appeal to a wide age range. The philosophy is not about winning, losing or competition, it's about having fun in a child friendly environment and learning without even realizing it! Great Mini-Games with purpose!:

Snikpic

TrafficVille 3D

3D Traffic control game developed using Unity 3D

Rhythm Rooms - education music app

Rhythm Rooms is FREE to download. It is an interactive educational music app for boys and girls from 6 to 10 years old. It is suitable for SEN children. The app is based on a corridor with five doors. Enter each room to find something different. Jake and Sophie's Rooms have a metronome which helps learn to keep time. You can listen to, learn and copy given rhythms or create your own in the Music Room.

Gym Tuck iOS Fitness App

Gym Tuck for iOS - new fitness app

SOS: Survival Kit

Magnificent Alfie - Game Development

iPad Game Development

Claire Moorcroft and the Lost Castle

Candle Light HD

iOS Dev for Kids Game App

“Fan Studios helped establish and support our business in the gaming apps industry.”

May 2016 - Ongoing

Fan Studios develops children's gaming apps for iOS based on designs and requirements provided, using Objective-C and Swift.

Germany
Founder, Game Company

Fan Studios' invaluable technical support has allowed the business to launch custom designed apps for the first time. Organized, proactive, and responsive in their approach, working with their team continues to be a pleasure. Their customer-centric attitude and passion sets them apart.

My business partner and I make apps for children for Apple devices (iPhones and iPads), pulling from our background in the film and visual effects industries.

What challenge were you trying to address with Fan Studios?

While we designed the content and visual components of our games, we needed to find an app developer to help bring them to life.

Their team started familiarizing themselves with our code by reviewing and testing what had been previously built by another vendor. They then helped develop a mini game, breaking out the scope of work screen by screen, so we could test and request changes as the development progressed. They helped incorporate certain menu options into visual elements, such as doors and picture frames within the game in place of buttons, so the game would be more visually interactive for children.

After completing the first project using Objective-C, they worked on a second and third app with the same screen by screen approach, mostly using Swift. One feature includes a timer that allows users to set time limits for children to play the game.

We work with one to three people at any given time, including a point person managing projects and other resources on their team.

How did you come to work with Fan Studios?

We researched developers with good reviews and reached out to a few different vendors. Fan Studios was the only one that offered to do a test for us that involved some unusual requirements. They also seemed genuinely interested in our game, which was a huge a plus.

We've invested over €100,000 (over $116,000 USD) for all three projects.

We started working with them around May 2016 and the relationship is ongoing. They're about half-way finished developing a third app with us.

Fan Studios helped establish and support our business in the gaming apps industry. They've also helped us discover the best ways to deliver content to their team and establish an organized naming convention for various files. They're proactive about working through any bugs that come up.

How did Fan Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

We're very happy with Fan Studios' responsiveness. We mostly communicate through Skype, Trello, and email, uploading to-do lists and requirements into the Trello platform to stay organized and break down each phase of projects.

They're very enthusiastic and passionate about the work they do. I appreciate their dedication to making sure we're satisfied with the apps they build. They're also easy to work with and professional, even when deadlines become rushed or stressful.

Since there's always some room for improvement, I would suggest that they try to work in more time towards the end of projects to test the apps in order to decrease the number of bugs in the final product.

British Game Publisher Application Coding

"They’ve always been willing to offer marketing advice and tips. I found that to be useful."

Fan Studio UK helped to develop an iOS game concept for market testing. The team used existing design elements for the project.

Marketer and Producer, British Gaming Design Firm

Fan Studio UK is trustworthy and speaks English well. The team is always willing to offer marketing advice, although sometimes needs to be encouraged to put forward their own design concepts.

Please describe your company.

This is a speculative company that does game applications, and tests to see what the market is like.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I produce and market it, so I can track the coding.

What was your goal for working with Fan Studio UK?

One was to get someone I trust, preferably someone who speaks good English and has an identifiable business. I wasn’t prepared to work with a Chinese or Indian company. Fan Studio is Romanian. Of course, they also are great at coding game apps.

Is there anything unique about Fan Studio UK that really makes them stand out, compared to other companies?

They could put more ideas forward in terms of alternatives for their design as opposed to carrying out literal requests. Obviously, that takes time, and I wasn’t officially paying for that anyway. But, I was looking for a little bit more design suggestion.

Fitness Video Company Mobile Application

"What’s great about them is that they are visionaries, and they understand what you’re telling them."

Fan Studio UK created an iOS app for a fitness company that incorporated various workout videos. The team worked on both development and design.

Toronto, Canada
Founder, Workout Video Company

Fan Studio UK was efficient in their work and responded quickly to changes and questions. The team was great at communicating across multiple media channels and met all deadlines and fee promises. The final app was clean, unique, and beautiful.

Please describe your company.

My company is a fitness company. We have some workout DVDs, and we just released a fitness application created by Fan Studio UK.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I am the face of the company, so I’m in all the videos. I created all the exercises, I am the owner and creator.

What was your goal for working with Fan Studio UK?

We were looking for a modern look, and I think Fan Studio UK was very good at understanding the kind of look I was going for. We filmed it in a glass boathouse, so they gave it a clean, modern look that was very easy on the eyes, and it was designed for the iOS 7. So far, so good.

A lot of it was from my dream in terms of the ideas, but they made it come to life. We went through a lot of revisions. The first couple of revisions weren’t exactly what I was looking for, but we finally got to where we were on the same page. We had that clean, beautiful design, and we’re both happy now.

What was your process for selecting Fan Studio UK to work with?

They were on Apps.com, which is a huge source. We narrowed it down to about 50 companies, and then to 15, and 10, and then they ended up being one of the finalists. We went with them. I liked their approach, which is very efficient. They got back to us quickly, and I felt comfortable with Fan Studio UK.

I don’t know if I can reveal that.

When was the latest milestone completed for that work?

They were finished about three months ago [in September 2013], and now we’re waiting for Apple approval.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

I think they did really well. Fan Studio UK was very fast in responding to things that I needed changed, and the concept is very new. It would have been hard for any developer to grasp it at first, but I think we found that opportunity, or point that we were on the same page, and we were able to make it go.

What’s great about them is that they are visionaries, and they understand what you’re telling them. We’re two countries apart. I’m in Canada, and he’s in England. For him to be able to put something out on the app, with just me voicing to them exactly what I want, is a pretty special thing.

I wish I would have done apps from the start. I didn’t go on it early enough, and I was close to using some people that I probably shouldn’t have used. I think that with any process, you go through certain things, and you just have to live and learn from it. I was lucky to find Fan Studio UK in the end. I’m happy.

They were definitely straight up with that.
    I would highly recommend them, for sure.

iPhone Mobile Game Development

"Fan Studio UK did things I wouldn't really expect."

n/a

Fan Studio UK developed an iPhone game app to provide additional income and experience. The team used a provided idea, story, and set of drawings. They stood out from competitors in price and value.

Ireland
Owner, Handmade Celtic Products

The app is referenced by over 4,000 websites worldwide and receives 4 ½ to 5 stars on all of them. Fan Studio UK implemented creative, out-of-the-box ideas for stages and features and devoted a lot of time to the project’s success. The team was cooperative, responsive, and easy to work with.

What was the main objective for undertaking the project with Fan Studio UK?

I wanted to add extra income to my business and have another experience in life. I had wanted to do this for a while, but I couldn’t afford to. So, I found the right company that has delivery capability in Romania. I got everything for less than half price. I couldn’t afford to do it here in Ireland or England.

Could you describe the app?

I came up with the idea, the story, and the drawings. It’s a unique game called Bubble Grubble.

Look up Bubble Grubble in Google and you’ll find more than 4,000 websites around the world referencing it. They all gave me an average of four-and-a-half to five stars. There’s no other game like that.  I passed Angry Birds, which was so popular. It [Bubble Grubble] was No. 3 in Hong Kong, No. 6 in Spain, No. 9 in Germany, and No. 62 in America.

Fan Studio UK did great things. Fank Studio UK did things I wouldn’t really expect. I didn’t know that it was all possible. They were very cooperative and put in a lot of time. Also, many stages in the game were from their ideas

I flew there [Romania] five times, just to follow-up and make sure that we understood each other. They surprised me all the time with something. I wouldn’t know if they could do something and the response was typically “no problem, we can do this”. Their lead is a great personality, not somebody who would treat you wrong.

Their price was very low. It wasn’t half-price but it was significantly lower than any other company here in Ireland. That’s why I went so far, I didn’t mind traveling so many times because it still paid off in the end.

I can ring them anytime and ask a question. They never say no. There’s no problem with me calling them.

100 percent, very good. The problem is I always add things and I always want to do it quickly after asking. They were always willing to help and had the knowledge to greatly improve the game. He’s a wonderful person.
    I don’t see anything which is not good quality in this game. It’s a HD game. You can see Bubble Grubble HD. Everything to do with the points, calculating, moving from one stage to another, and the hard and easy stages are great...
  • N/A NPS