We design & build secure and resilient software.

Gold

End Point was founded in New York City in 1995 as a full-service software consultancy.

We’re software developers, Ecommerce specialists, and systems experts. Over the past two decades, we’ve automated business processes, brought new ideas to market, and built large scale, dynamic infrastructure.

Ecommerce

We’ve been selling on the Internet since dial-up. Whether you’re starting from scratch or looking to expand, we’ll support your business.

• Interchange: End Point is the recognized authority
  • Magento: A leading open source system
  • BigCommerce: Shipping, payments, sell on Amazon
  • Django: Open source and highly customizable
  • Spree: We launched Spree, a customizable storefront
  • Shopify: Get selling quickly with this popular platform
  • Drupal: This powerful platform is widely used

Custom Applications

We create software designed for the way you actually work. Our custom solutions deliver value and intelligence to your organization.

Enterprise Security

We provide real, verifiable security to our clients. We help organizations harden their infrastructure and software applications.

• Audit to identify security risks.
  • Develop a plan to protect.
  • Harden infrastructure and applications.
  • Deploy real-time monitoring & recovery systems.
  • Respond to threats.
  • Plan for continuous improvement

Managed Infrastructure

We build highly-available infrastructure that scales fast and flawlessly. Our support is provided by a team of experts spanning the globe.

1995
New York, NY
  • 304 Park Ave South Suite 214
    New York, NY 10010
  • 4599 Highway 394, Suite 6
    Bluff City, TN 37618

Google, Backcountry, Modells, Paper Source, CityPass, Stitch Fix, King Arthur Flour, U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)

Managed IT Services for American Welding Society Image

Managed IT Services for American Welding Society

The American Welding Society is a non-profit organization that provides standards, training, and certification for the welding industry, including brazing, soldering, and thermal spraying. End Point helps further their mission though development, support, and hosting of many of their applications, databases, and networking.

IT Services for Alex Cooper Auctioneers Image

IT Services for Alex Cooper Auctioneers

Alex Cooper Auctioneers has been managing auctions of real estate, antiques, rugs, and other valuables since 1924. End Point administers their server environment, including monitoring, virtualization, and backup systems. We have also done custom programming on their information management system.

Web Development for Vervante Image

Web Development for Vervante

Vervante provides on-demand self-publishing and worldwide distribution services for books, ebooks, CDs, DVDs, and USB drives. End Point is their partner in development, support, and hosting of their Interchange-based storefront, MySQL databases, and servers.

Hosting For Paper Source Image

Hosting For Paper Source

Founded in 1983, Paper Source has become the premier seller of fine handmade papers from around the world, offering over 1,000 different types of paper and tools and supplies through 25 retail locations, catalogs, and ecommerce. Since launching their ecommerce site based on Interchange, Perl, and MySQL in 2005, they’ve seen great online sales growth.

Hosting & IT Services For CityPass Image

Hosting & IT Services For CityPass

CityPass offers discounted, pre-purchased tickets to top attractions in many of North America’s most exciting destinations. End Point has supported CityPass’s ecommerce operations since 2002, designing their systems to gracefully handle ever-increasing traffic. We have added support for multiple currencies, scheduled future product offerings, downloadable e-tickets, shipping integration with FedEx and UPS, and

many other features.
Web Development For Backcountry Image

Web Development For Backcountry

Backcountry is a major online retailer selling outdoor adventure gear. End Point has worked extensively with Backcountry since 2002 in all technical areas including scalability, feature development, ERP functionality, backend warehouse automation, new ecommerce site development, PostgreSQL database support, and infrastructure tools and practices, to name a few.

Managed IT Services & Dev for Event Management Platform

“They make things easier every day. They do their job seamlessly.”

May 2018 - Ongoing

End Point provides development and IT management services for a digital conferencing company. The team works in Perl and Java. Their work has included developing an app for registration event and code review.

Washington, DC
Sr. Director of Product Management, Telecomms Platform

End Point is a reliable partner; they deliver excellent work. They have many resources with a variety of skillsets. As a result, they’re always able to meet project requirements. Their team is responsive, which is particularly helpful when problems arise.  This review was updated by the client on May 18, 2020.

I’m the senior director of product management for a company that offers managed audio and web conferencing services.

What challenge were you trying to address with End Point?

We have a proprietary event management application that we use to deliver our services. We were looking to augment our team. We went to End Point because we wanted a technical architect, an improved process for code reviews, additional development resources, and help with development operations for deployment of new releases and system administration of our production and development environments.

We have a monthly contract for 24/7 support of our environments and also have a bundle of hours that can be used for other development and other work.  They have expertise in managing environments on AWS and also experience in both Perl and Java.

We have a primary contact, one specialized developer, and have worked with a few other resources as needed.

How did you come to work with End Point?

Our CEO worked with them years ago, so he was familiar with them. It’s difficult to find development companies with Perl experience.

We’ve spent about $200,000–$300,000.

We started working together in May 2018 and it’s ongoing.

They have resources with a variety of different skillsets and capabilities. They work in partnership with us to design a better product for our customers.  They respond quickly to requests, and when things aren’t working, monitor notifications and fix issues promptly. We continue to give them more work due to the quality of their services.

How did End Point perform from a project management standpoint?

They do well. They’ve been very responsive. We called them once at 2 am, and they were able to fix a system issue within 20 minutes. Our primary resource solicits needed team members, leads, and communicates requests to accomplishing the needed goal.  We use email, a messaging app, and phone conversations to communicate.

They’re very easy to work with and are very knowledgeable. They make things easier every day. They do their job seamlessly.

No, it has been a great experience.

Web Dev for Campsite News & Reviews Platform

"They have s strong sense of ownership over and dedication to the work they’re doing."

Oct. 2014 - Ongoing

End Point provides ongoing full-stack development support, as well as administration services. The team has used various technologies including Ruby on Rails.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Leigh Wetzel
Co-Founder, Campendium

End Point has produced more-than-satisfactory deliverables throughout the partnership. They are a proactive team that always thinks ahead, solving problems before they become larger issues. In addition, they are a loyal partner who takes pride in what they do, making for a successful relationship.

I’m the co-founder of a website and app called Campendium.

What challenge were you trying to address with End Point?

We needed a part-time developer. It makes more sense for me to work with contracted developers on an as-needed basis, as opposed to having them in-house.

End Point has provided front- and back-end development and administration services for our website. Currently, the team is using Ruby on Rails.

We work primarily with 3–4 individuals, of whom I work with one daily.

How did you come to work with End Point?

I’ve been working with End Point for more than 15 years so it’s hard to identify one specific challenge. I also worked with them at a previous job so it was natural for me to bring them on at Campendium. I chose to work with them because of their loyalty, dedication, and ability to jump on any project. We work really well together.

We spend about $63,000 per year.

Campendium and End Point began working together in Q4 of 2004.

I’m extremely satisfied with the deliverables that End Point’s developers have provided. They are also able to identify areas that need to be worked on before they become larger issues. They’re a proactive team.

How did End Point perform from a project management standpoint?

The team is very efficient. We are an agile company, so End Point has adapted to our flexibility. We use Slack and Trello. Depending on the developer, some go above and beyond in terms of documenting their work while others just provide basic notes. I’m fine with either method. They also have detailed timesheets so we know how they’re spending their time.

We’ve had a good relationship.  I’m extremely loyal to them, and they’re loyal to me. This makes them feel like they have a strong sense of ownership over and dedication to the work they’re doing. They also have pride in their work.

No, I have no suggestions.

I work directly with the developers so I know exactly what’s going on. But it does require some technical knowledge on my part. I would advise potential customers to have a technical project manager on their team.

Custom Information System Dev for Auction Company

"End Point has been a game changer for our business."

2017 - 2019

End Point works on a variety of development tasks, including the creation of an information management system and CRM. Using Ruby on Rails, the team assisted with multiple versions and a website integration.

11-50

Towson, Maryland
Matthew Cooper
Director of IT, Alex Cooper Auctioneers, Inc.

End Point consistently meets expectations. Their team is responsive, skilled, and hardworking. Their flexibility is also noteworthy. They exhibit a can-do attitude for their clients. Expect a team that delivers regular updates along with proactive customer service.

Based in the Mid-Atlantic, Alex Cooper Auctioneers is a company that conducts real estate and personal property auctions.

What challenge were you trying to address with End Point?

We hired End Point to create and manage an information management system and CRM that was custom to our business. They’re also using an API to communicate with our customer-facing website, from that information management system.

Our team scoped out the work and developed the project with End Point. They created the initial system, and we’ve built a large version-two with them a year and a half ago. Their team fully brought up the system to the current version of Ruby on Rails.

End Point incorporated much more of the process we do to conduct our business into the information management system. They also created a much tighter integration with our customer-facing website. We’re always actively working on the system. It’s never totally quiet, but there was a significant push in 2017.

I mainly worked with Patrick (Web Application Developer, End Point), but I’ve also talked to Rick (CEO, End Point) and Elizabeth (Client Liaison, End Point).

How did you come to work with End Point?

I previously worked with a programmer that went to work for End Point. I struck up a relationship with them by continuing to work with that programmer until they left the company. End Point turned out to be a great fit, going back several years.

The cost of our latest project was around $175,000.

The length of our last project was around 15 months.

End Point has been a game changer for our business. It was a hard project with a lot of moving parts and integration with other software and systems. There were a lot of kinks to work out on the integration side, which is simply the nature of the beast. We’re very happy and satisfied. It’s what we thought it would be.

How did End Point perform from a project management standpoint?

Depending on what we’re working on, the team can increase or decrease. Currently, I’m working with one software engineer daily on a variety of tasks. End Point is extremely flexible with their scalability. If I come to them with a 100-hour task that I want done in two weeks, they’ll immediately put another programmer on it, so that there will be two or three people working on it.

While working with Patrick, he gives weekly updates on project management. When I was working on larger projects, there was much more in-depth reporting. It’s commensurate with the side of the project and the number of moving parts. We generally have to pay for someone to do all of that. If someone’s only doing five hours of work for us, there’s only so much they can talk about in a report.

Their responsiveness to emergencies is impressive. They have programmers across the world. With time zones, if it’s 1 a.m. and we have a Linux problem, it’s 9 a.m. with someone else they have. For the size of client that we are, which isn’t that big in terms of software development, that level of availability has always been astounding to me. I plan on giving them more business through offloading an existing engineer that does work for us and then have End Point continue with it. Their level of service, for the size of the customer we are, is just amazing.

I also appreciate their ability to scale up and down. Along with being flexible and easy to work with, End Point is collaborative and open to working on projects, doing whatever they can to get the client to the finish line. I’ve noticed that many programmers I’ve previously worked with can be territorial and more finger-pointing at other parties. End Point’s attitude is the complete opposite. They’ve got the right idea, focusing on the end result for the client. With that, they’ll continue to get my business.

Not really. Given the number of projects we’ve done with them, I’ve had to call Rick at times, and he’s always been responsive. When things happen, they address them.

Every project and relationship are different. We have an ongoing relationship with weekly status meetings and weekly hour detailed reports. Some customers may have an issue with that, but I like to be as hands-off as I can. Our conversations can take anywhere from 10–45 minutes. While we do have a weekly meeting, we touch base more than once a week. Even if there isn’t much to talk about, I’ve always found the check-ins to be helpful for everyone.

I don’t know whether it’s unique to them, but I’ve pushed to make sure multiple programmers know about our software and have access. That’s a handy tip. Sometimes people go on vacation or don’t have enough hours. Others can be busy with other clients, and I’m always mindful of making sure that there are at least two engineers in place that can work on the project. They’re also aware, but I always nudge it.

Even though the turnover is pretty low, I’ve been working with them on projects for eight years. I’m on my third primary engineer, which isn’t too bad. I always make sure two people are in place, so, if something needs to be done quick, it gets done.

Overall Score I can’t think of any other vendor I’ve been with for as long.
    There are cheaper options overseas, but I won’t get the same level of service & quality. I’m willing to pay for their experienced programmers.

IT Consulting & Dev for Sports Coaching Business

"They’ve been an excellent help us solve the issues and problems we have had."

June 2017 - Ongoing

End Point provides IT consulting and development services, working on a variety of different projects. The scope includes a new AWS server, Interchange platform customization, and IT troubleshooting.

Ames, Iowa
Darryl Bennett
Co-CEO & VP Business Dev, Championship Productions

The team is able to address any task with skill, professionalism, and ease, always producing high-quality deliverables. They established an effective workflow through which they oversee the different projects, setting clear expectations.

We produce, edit, and distribute instructional videos for sports coaches, while also running several regional coaching clinics. My position is co-CEO and VP of Business Development.

For what projects/services did your company hire End Point?

We had a variety of IT needs that were beyond the scope of our internal expertise and required a specific skillset, as well as familiarity with Interchange.

To assist us as we transitioned from a full-time IT staff member toward becoming more self-sufficient. We wanted an IT workflow that’s more intuitive.

When our previous IT manager of 15+ years left the company, they suggested End Point as a possible solution should we ever have issues with Interchange. We interviewed them early on and then returned to them when we had larger needs.

We had to set up a new AWS server, become PCI (payment card industry) compliant, and work within the scope of an obsolete, custom-programmed database. Our servers were close to capacity and we needed reliable, expert-level assistance to ensure our databases didn’t crash.

We were also in the early stages of launching a new platform which required additional expertise in Interchange to allow customization within our rigid framework.

It depended on the specific assignment. They’re located around the world, so some of their resources are in our time zone, while others are six hours ahead.

We accomplished the server migration successfully with their help. We’re also completely PCI compliant and have eliminated some unnecessary expenses that we’d been incurring.

Phase one of our new platform has launched, and we’re now looking to begin the next phase that involves renewals and new monthly cycles. Finally, we’ve made a variety of small server fixes, updated tax laws, and done email updates.

We have a very positive workflow. They set expectations, provided regular progress updates, and were detailed with regard to billing.

Their collection of talent is quite impressive, as is the ease with which we worked through any issues. It was refreshing; they’re a great group of people.

They’ve been an excellent help us solve the issues and problems we have had. Early on, the amount of work far exceeded our budget and expectations; however, once we agreed on a specific workflow, budget, and plan, everything has been positive.

Overall Score They're a great company to work with.
    They were ready to meet at a moment's notice.
    They offer a great value.
    Their work is very high quality.
    The quality is excellent, and I highly recommend them.

Custom Software Dev for Online Bookseller

"The team is highly responsive and adaptive; they manage our requests and changes easily."

Apr. 2017 - Ongoing

End Point built a custom inventory system for an online bookseller. After evaluating the existing system, they developed new features to report information on inventory and sales. The project is ongoing.

McKeesport, Pennsylvania
Michael C.
Internet Manager, Bellwetherbooks

Sales have grown by 30% and inventory costs have fallen by 30%, thanks to easy-to-access data provided by the new system. End Point delivers high-quality products on time and at fair prices. Quick response times, regular communication, and flexibility make the workflow run smoothly.

I’m the internet manager for Bellwetherbooks. We sell books on over 10 online marketplaces.

For what projects/services did your company hire End Point?

We engaged End Point to create a custom internal inventory system to support our purchases and sales.

We wanted either a new inventory system or a repaired one depending on the serviceability of our existing tool. The system needed new functionality to reveal valuable information on our inventory and current sales.

For several years, we actively searched for a company that understood our old system enough to fix its code and implement new features. Our search process involved word of mouth and reviewing online IT solutions. We considered 20–30 companies before finding End Point. They were highly knowledgeable and responsive to our needs.

Since we lacked internal support, End Point first evaluated our current antiquated inventory system on how feasible it was to continue using. They then created a new inventory system with custom features to reveal deficiencies in our inventory and evaluate our sales.

We work with 2–5 people depending on the needs of the project at any given time.

We’ve seen a 30% lift in sales and a 30% reduction in inventory costs thanks to the newly designed system. End Point’s work has given us valuable insight and easily accessible information about our current inventory and sales. They delivered precisely what we asked for.

Elizabeth (Client Liaison, End Point) leads the team and excels at allocating the essential personnel. She has recommended and implemented all systems necessary for us to complete the project—from communication platforms to test environments. We use Google Hangouts, Trello, Skype, and Zoom to communicate.

The team is highly responsive and adaptive; they manage our requests and changes easily. Their adaptability has made the development process highly manageable to our staff.

End Point charges high prices, but their rates are fair compared to other quotes we received.

Web Redesign for Pool and Spa Online Retailer

“They’re a great company, they stand behind their work, and they’re very reliable.”

Feb. - Nov. 2016

After a longstanding partnership, End Point overhauled the website for a pool and spa supply company. Their comprehensive services covered RedHat coding, design, and features for both front- and backend.

Gaithersburg,Mayland
Kameel Fayyad
President, Hydropool.com

End Point’s thorough QA process yielded solid solutions and evolutions, with very few issues or bugs. The website is easy to navigate, tablet and mobile conversions have increased, and the volume of product inquiry calls has decreased.

I’m the president of Hydropool.com. We supply pool and spa related chemicals, accessories, and equipment.

What challenge were you trying to address with End Point?

We’ve worked with End Point since 2001. The latest major project that involved them was an overhaul of our website to make it more responsive and mobile-ready.

We started with elements and concepts we liked from other websites. They provided mockups and design boards of different options, layouts, and formats. We went back and forth with the design team, with continuous revisions over a few months. Once we were happy with the modifications, we turned it over to the engineers and developers to produce. They broke it all down into the proper code using RedHat Interchange.

They set up the wireframe and technology for us, and built the logos, layout, functionality, and features for both the frontend and backend. We then populated the site using local tables we maintained.

We had six or seven people working on their side. We initially worked with a project manager, then worked with the designer directly. Once the design was finished, we moved back to the project manager, who worked directly with the developers.

How did you come to work with End Point?

We were originally working with another company that was eventually acquired by End Point. We wanted to stay with them after the acquisition, because their people knew our system and our site.

We invested more than $30,000 on the redesign, our latest major project.

We started working on the redesign in February or April 2016, and we launched the new site in November 2016.

Most of the feedback is positive. The website is easy to navigate and find what you’re looking for. The volume of product inquiry calls into the office has decreased since the launch, and we’ve seen an increase in conversions from both tablets and other mobile devices.

How did End Point perform from a project management standpoint?

They did very well. Most of our communication was by phone and email.

They’re thorough, and they review a lot of their work ahead of time. It was rare that they presented a solution or evolution of development that had additional issues or bugs creep in.

Not that I can think of.

This was the not the first major project we’ve used End Point for. Beyond the original design of our commerce site and subsequent redesigns, they have been involved in many front-end and back-end design, programming, and integration challenges. They always offer thoughtful consultation, solutions, and efficient execution.

Go for it. They’re a great company, they stand behind their work, and they’re very reliable.

There were a few delays, but they did well overall.
    We're very impressed with the turnaround and the total project.
    We had no issues with them, and I’ve recommended them already.

Platform Development for B2B Project

"They are a fantastic company to work with."

2010 - 2015

End Point developed a ride-sharing platform from inception point to the full-fledged product. They served as the sole technology team, providing full-spectrum development services.

Boise, Idaho
Owner, B2B Platform

End Point built the MVP within 9 months and has continued to develop the app into a robust, multi-tenant solution that has been licensed to major organizations. The team offers fast delivery speeds, strong communication skills, and highly skilled, qualified, and competent engineers.

I work for an online startup that has created a real-time on-demand web platform that helps many customers connect with providers of services.

I am the owner and founder of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with End Point?

They helped develop an Uber-like platform for my company.

I worked with them for a period of about five years. They took my solution from its inception point to a full-fledged platform. They acted as my entire technology team, being in charge of the whole process.

How did you come to work with End Point?

I found them through research, referrals, and conversations with various companies. I was very diligent in my process, and looked at a number of candidates for getting my company off the ground. I made the decision to work with End Point, which proved to be a very good one. They were always outstanding.

The annual development cost was around $50,000-$200,000.

We started working together in 2010, building a minimum viable product. After that, I engaged in a marketing stage for it and continued enhancing my solution.

I am very satisfied with End Point. They are a fantastic company to work with. Their engineers are outstanding, their communication skills are excellent, and the delivery speed is great. I have nothing but good things to say about their company.

The minimum viable product was built within six to nine months, and over the course of five years, we continued to build the platform to a very robust, multi-tenant solution. It was licensed to major organizations and we experienced a degree of success on the business side. The technology itself was the most successful part, which is where End Point's role came in.

How did End Point perform from a project management standpoint?

Over the course of our five year collaboration, I had the pleasure of working with around a dozen of their employees. Every single one was of the very highest standard. They have a decentralized company in the sense that our team worked on an individual basis throughout the development.

What distinguishes End Point from other providers?

Different developers got involved depending on who was available at a particular time, but everyone there had skills of the highest standard.

Is there anything End Point could have improved or done differently?

Not that I can think of. They're incredibly competent engineers, trustworthy, efficient, and fair. I am 100% percent satisfied with their company and would recommend them to any other business.

Software development is hard to estimate in this regard.

eCommerce Partnership for Tourism Marketing Company

"They're very dependable, delivering what they promise every time."

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

End Point provides a variety of outsourced development services. The agency builds turnkey solutions for e-commerce web app hosting, maintains security and hardware, and orchestrates servers.

New York City Metro Area
Director of eCommerce, Tourism Marketing Company

As a result of End Point's involvement, online traffic has doubled to more than 13 million annual visitors and sales have hit all-time highs in the last two years. The team is responsive, available, and communicative and does not hesitate to make strategic suggestions.

We are an attraction marketing company. We're based in the largest cities in the United States, and also have a foothold in the international market. We bundle attraction tickets to the most iconic spots in places like New York City, Seattle, or Toronto. When a customer buys a city pass, they receive tickets to multiple different places and have customization options. The typical savings range from 30-50% of the retail admissions.

I am the vice president of e-commerce and the web team leader. My role is to acquire customers through our website, citypass.com. I am in charge of our website, which is our customer-facing shopping experience, and also of other online marketing channels for getting new customers.

What business challenge were you trying to address with End Point?

They've historically helped us with outsourced development needs, and also provided turnkey solutions for our e-commerce web app hosting, while also helping with security and hardware maintenance. We have a lot of servers and virtual machines which End Point helps orchestrate for us.

We've had a longstanding retainer with their company. Right now, we're working on a handful of projects, but End Point is mainly an extension of my staff. Some of their team members have been working with us for eight years or even more.

Their main job is helping us maintain and upgrade our e-commerce platform. Our order management system and the core e-commerce platform have been originally built by End Point. Over the years, we've customized our solutions highly in order to fit our business.

Many of their team members are instrumental in helping us keep doing everything that we need. Our business evolves and changes. They help us make sure that what we're building is up to snuff, and scales well with our company. We've grown considerably since we've hired them.

End Point has also helped us with some training and documentation. We're working on attaining a higher level of PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliance. It's an important issue for any retailer which handles credit card data. Depending on how many transactions they make on a yearly basis, they will have to comply with different standards imposed by the credit card companies. There is a massive checklist of best practices that needs to be met in order to make sure that cardholder data is secure. End Point has been with us from the beginning and has helped us build this business, especially the online arm of CityPASS.

Right now, they're working on upgrading the security level of our servers to Transport Layer Security 1.2.

They're a very good partner for us. You never know how an inherited partnership is going to turn out, but End Point is very engaged and dependable, which is very important for me.

End Point hasn’t helped us with design work per se.

How did you come to work with End Point?

They predated me. Their team was referred to my company, but I'm not familiar with the selection process.

The yearly cost for their work is $100,000 or more.

Our relationship is ongoing, with no plans to stop. We work with End Point through a monthly agreement and receive invoices depending on the amount of work being done. In months with high volumes of upgrades and development, the pricing will scale up accordingly.

In the last four years, we've more than doubled our visit volume. Within the last two years, we've reached our all-time highs in terms of online sales. We receive more than 13 million visits to our website every year, so we need an infrastructure that can support it. End Point has been one of the main architects for our content caching system and the general calibration of our servers.

Over the last year, we've added the option to make purchases using Canadian Dollars. This makes a lot of sense, because Toronto is one of our cities of interest. Roughly 5% of our orders have been paid using CAD.

How did End Point perform from a project management standpoint?

I treat End Point like they're an extension of our team. They attend our team meetings and bi-weekly planning sessions where we plan what work we're going to do next. We also have team stand-up meetings in the morning. One of the members from End Point joins every one of those in order to give us an overview of our progress.

What distinguishes End Point from other providers?

I've worked with a lot of different service providers. Results can vary across the board. End Point is very transparent about what they're working on in terms of providing complete details. We don't have any surprises at the end of the month as a result. They're very dependable, delivering what they promise every time.

A lot of times, consultants will tell you what you want to hear, not what needs to be done. With End Point, we have a very strong relationship and I trust them to tell me what we really need to do, and not just grow projects for the sake of doing it. There have been times in which they've told us what direction our company needs to take, even though that may have meant less dependency on their services for customizations on our e-commerce platform. This is very unusual, but in a good way. End Point designs new architectures which makes it easier for us to control our own destiny. It can potentially reduce the amount of business they can get from us, but we've found that they evolved along with our business and have not been insecure about these types of decisions.

Is there anything End Point could have improved or done differently?

I can't think of anything offhand. I've been extremely satisfied with them, and the fact that we want them to be a part of our team is a testament to that.

Overall Score Their company deserves a maximum rating for the areas in which I've utilized them...We've used them strictly for back-end development, payment integration management, and analytics...I know that End Point will take care of any issues and vulnerabilities..
    They're very strong in this area.
    We are budget-conscious, but my impression is that End Point has saved us money by eliminating the need for internal dedicated resources in various areas. With their combined expertise, they provide us help in hosting and development...

e-Commerce Development for Commercial Printer

"End Point has developed a solution custom to our market and the clients we're going after."

2012 - Ongoing

End Point developed an online fulfillment website on a custom portal. The agency continues to provide maintenance and support services.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Owner, Commercial Printer

End Point delivered a system that functions smoothly and facilitates easy growth of a user base. They are efficient, transparent, and highly skilled. The agency charges a premium price, but the quality of their work matches their cost and they remain responsive and available.

Our company does screen printing graphic design, mainly for apparel. We also offer online fulfillment for individuals and bulk ordering.

I am the owner.

What business challenge were you trying to address with End Point?

We have an interchange system that allows individuals as well as organizations to place orders. We cater to companies with multiple locations, having preprinted inventory in-house and a custom site on top of the interchange system, allowing their managers to order from our warehouse. We ship directly to each store. End Point has worked on this system for us.

We use them for the e-commerce fulfillment portion of our business, which is a separate system from our main site. End Point had built a system for another company I'd worked with. I licensed this existing system and made additional development on it using End Point.

How did you come to work with End Point?

I'd worked with them at a previous company and was always happy with the services they provided. I've contacted other web development companies as there are local shops that can be cheaper, but I've never quite felt happy with anyone else that we've talked to. I never had the confidence that those other companies could build a system that wouldn't break, especially in busy periods.

Our first two years of development totaled a cost of $10,000 to $50,000. For the ongoing work, we're spending less than $10,000.

I've worked with End Point for four years, and my previous company had an eight-year relationship with them. We're not doing much development work at this moment, but our relationship is completely ongoing. We are using an older system, but it works well, and we were always able to construct any missing features.

We're satisfied with the system. It has allowed us to grow our customer base. Most other printers do not hold preprinted inventory or offer our type of fulfillment. End Point has developed a solution custom to our market and the clients we're going after. This has been critical for us, and it will be more so in the upcoming years.

There haven't been any complaints, either from me or any of our users, other than issues to do with poor computer operation and user errors.

Our wholesale revenue, just through the online portal, has been $130,000, going from 0 percent to 7 to 8 percent of our total sales. Even though it's a niche for us, it has become a significant part of our sales, from being nothing in 2012 to now.

How did End Point perform from a project management standpoint?

We've never had any significant issues. If any little bugs turn up, End Point are quick to solve them. We've never moved away from them because they work extremely well.

What distinguishes End Point from other providers?

Their billing process is the most transparent of any vendor that I've worked with. I haven't done much work with other IT [information technology] firms but, even so, theirs stands out as being very detailed, broken down by quarter hours. It features not only headlines for the work they're doing, but also engineer explanations for each task. It was very nice to see. If I ever have a question, I can always refer back to the engineer entries in the billing.

Is there anything End Point could have improved or done differently?

I can't think of anything. Any issues would be more with me, not assigning the right level of importance for a task.

On the hourly side, they tend to be higher end, but are definitely worth it. You get what you pay for.

Outsourced Custom Application Development for Premier Think Tank

"The size of their organization allowed them to scale up and down in accordance with our project requirements."

June 2009 - Ongoing

End Point provided custom development services for a University’s writing application. The team worked in a range of capacities, from very guided and strict to creative and unmonitored.

Boston Metro Area
Director of Technology, Research Organization

All projects that the team has worked on have had great results. End Point is a larger firm, with a large capacity and various offices, which is convenient for foreign projects. The team takes feedback well and adjusts their working style to fit specific needs.

Could you briefly describe your organization?

Our organization is a research entrepreneurial organization housed in a top-tier university. We study how technology has affected various parts of our society. I run the IT department in our organization. We deal with development and maintenance of the various tools that the researchers use.

I’m the director of technology.

Could you describe the business challenges you were attempting to address when you initiated the relationship with End Point?

One of the very first initiatives was the custom development of a writing application. Our development tasks were somewhat scattered and unpredictable. We had a lot of work and then we’d have very little work. It really wasn’t consistent at all. Instead of staffing up and staffing down, we chose to work with third-party developers. One of the companies that we worked with, End Point, helped smooth out many of those lumpy periods. Having a reliable, external development team was the real impetus behind searching for a technology partner like End Point.

Could you describe the scope of the work End Point was responsible for?

We worked closely with them on a variety of levels. One of the levels is a partnership with our application developers in which they will work on specific modules or specific sections of code that can be easily delegated. We also work with them on a much higher level, which is we ask them to go from a conceptual design to the complete deployment of an application or tool. They’ve functioned in all capacities in between. They really augment our team when we need additional resources to deal with large and complex project.

How did you select End Point as your solution partner?

We had inside knowledge of their working because I’d previously hired one of their developers. Having that knowledge made End Point an easy pick. I was well aware of their internal expertise and capabilities.

Could you provide the sense of the size of this initiative in monetary terms?

The cost varies largely based upon the size of the project and the tasks we delegate to them. I’m thinking around $527,000 during the course of 2013.

How long have you maintained a relationship with End Point?

We have been working with them for almost five consecutive years.

In terms of results, could you share any statistics, metrics, or user feedback that would demonstrate the effectiveness of the work they’ve delivered?

As for user feedback, we’ve worked with them on a variety of projects, and the results are typically great. I don’t know any specific feedback that I could mention, and I don’t have any specific statistics. The only anecdote I could give you is the fact that we continue to give them more work. I don’t foresee that changing anytime soon.

When working with End Point, is there anything you’d consider special or unique about their approach or development methodology that distinguishes them from other vendors you’ve work with?

One great attribute is their size and their distribution across the U.S. and the world, which is an advantage for the various projects taking place foreign time zones. The size of their organization allowed them to scale up and down in accordance with our project requirements. That kind of capacity has made a real difference for us.

In retrospect, are there areas you think End Point could improve upon as a service provider, or are there things you’d do differently as the client before initiating a project with them?

In some cases, they tend to take a more efficient approach to problem solving. While that’s great in terms of saving money, they could take a more refined approach, in my opinion. There were a few times that we had to go back to them and say, “We need to think this over a bit more, because this approach is incorrect.” Once they had that feedback, and they understood a specific aspect, or a specific feature, they were able to rethink their solution and deliver a better product.

They’ve always completed work within our allotted timeframe.
    I’ve already referred them several times.

Gold