Technology services that empower business
Developing custom mobile apps, web applications, and websites for businesses to help them go digital.
E2logy offers a full range of custom application development services, capable of developing top-notch business solutions across the globe. E2logy combines all aspects of technological innovation and digital transformation to provide IT services and solutions that are both the latest and most advanced. Our company specializes in Enterprise apps, Web applications, Websites, Mobile Apps, Remote Cloud Support, as well as Digital Analytics Implementations.
We are headquartered in India since 2005 (4 offices) with local representation in the USA, Canada, UK, and Singapore focusing on providing high-quality bespoke software development services to all industry domains. We are proud to be ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certified. In 2011, Deloitte ranked us in the Fastest 50 growing companies and we're partners with Amazon AWS, Paypal, Shopify, Appcelerator, CompTIA, etc.
Our mission is:
- Deliver a great experience to customers that lead to outstanding customer satisfaction.
- Be always on time without compromising commitments.
- Providing top-notch quality services at very competitive market rates.
Customers such as Large Enterprises, Small and Medium Businesses, and Startups have availed of our services to achieve their objectives with outstanding success.
Our goal was to streamline the Quality Management system for clinical perfusionists. We successfully developed a web-based application to cater to business needs and benefit them in a variety of ways, such as:
E2logy team of experts developed an application that works on any computer with a web browser and Internet connection including tablet systems like the iPad.
The solution became new informatics and quality management system designed for clinical perfusionists.
A completely cloud-based system that never requires software to be installed or updated.
The system can work with a single hospital as well as a multi-hospital setup. There is an audit log that keeps logs of all events in the system. The audit log is related to each case.
After considering the unique requirements of the client, E2logy developed the “E-Learning website” – A content management system for an online learning platform that simplifies the process of planning, creating, and operating online courses, and allows a high-quality education.
- The platform was built as an online course management system where students can view the information about the various courses offered by the client and buy the courses in which they are interested.
- The platform allowed effective complete overall control of the administration, automisation, communication with the users, and of course content management.
- The platform also helped the client reduce their overall operating costs.
- It helped the client to deliver a better experience to the students by providing multimedia content for the courses and the ability to keep track of progress along with robust reporting.
A dashboard mobile app that helped the users effectively manage their day-to-day tasks.
- The mobile app allows its customers i.e., school users to manage their daily routine easily.
- The app has an intuitive dashboard that provides a quick overview of the most important daily actions that the users have to cater to on a specific day.
- The users can know about their daily events, tasks, tours, pending leads, and other important aspects of their routine.
- It also gave them instant access to the most important information that ultimately helped them to manage follow-up tasks and track progress with more confidence than they ever thought possible.
Experts at E2logy quickly understood the whole business concept and designed a fully scalable architecture for the system that not only met the current requirements but was also able to support the expected growth of the business over the years.
- The platform allowed residents to earn extra income when they list and rent their space on Airbnb and their guests enjoy a hotel alternative that feels like home.
- The Mobile app allows residents to sync with their Airbnb calendar, check earnings YTD, and see future bookings.
- On top of that, they can reserve amenities, pay rent, and more. They can also opt-in for weekly or monthly cleaning services provided by the app.
- E2logy team made the process seamless and secure with advanced technology and services like on-site MasterHosts™, home cleaning, keyless entry, five-star amenities, and curated weekly events such as wellness classes, social gatherings, and Airbnb Experiences.
E2logy team, having delivered many CMS solutions in the past, quickly understood the key challenges in the project and proposed a custom CMS solution to the client.
- The solution allowed the users to update the content of their website and mobile app at any time with ease.
- The users did not need to understand any programming languages or code to use the CMS.
- It allowed the client to streamline the overall content authoring process and it also helped them to bring down their website maintenance costs.
- Having built on top of the .Net framework, the solution was robust, scalable, and fully secured. It had tiered permissions for the users with a secure login mechanism.
E2logy took up the challenge of creating an ecosystem that can connect consumers, who want instant access to high-quality fitness classes, wellness, and beauty services, with the businesses offering these services.
- The platform includes a mobile application that is intuitive and easy to use, which offers a search feature, making it possible for customers to easily find the right businesses that provide the services they need and schedule appointments.
- A comprehensive directory search provides information about favorite, nearest, most popular, and most affordable classes and services.
- The platforms provided a seamless experience to the customers by allowing instant and secure booking of services.
- It also allowed them to save up to 90% on fitness, wellness, and beauty sessions when they book Last-Minute Deals.
- On the business side, process automation brought a drastic reduction in the overall operating cost and service time.
- It also reduced the total cost of ownership for the business.
"They're an extremely talented group of people. I really couldn't speak highly enough of them [E2logy]."
The client brought in E2logy to build over 100 websites and manage the backbone of over 200 sites, saving the company a reported $25,000 per website.
"They're an extremely talented group of people. I really couldn't speak highly enough of them [E2logy]."
Sep 6, 2016
The relationship predates the client joining their current company and has been tight-knit from the start. Their work has saved money, increased internal capacity, and has even contributed to recognition from Webby Awards.
A Clutch analyst personally interviewed this client over the phone. Below is an edited transcript.
Introduce your business and what you do there.
We are a multi-family unit management and single family homes construction company. We also are a land acquisition and development company, and a multi-faceted real estate development company. We're based from Boston all the way down to Washington, DC, and expanding out to Chicago, Nashville, Atlanta, and soon Florida.
I am the Director of Technology Development. I oversee all of the marketing technology systems as well as all of the integrations and all of our third party website development that we have for our 200 plus communities that we manage. Each one has its own independent third party completely customized website. I oversee who develops them, how we develop them, and what practices are used, etcetera.
What challenge were you trying to address with E2logy?
When I was with my previous company, I had wanted to bring in offshore work. I've worked with offshore developers for years. When I started working with my current company, one of the things I realized was the ridiculous amount of money they were spending on coding these websites. On top of that, the quality wasn't that great. Also, the server management, the server hosting, and maintenance was being done locally at an exorbitant rate.
I immediately put together a proposal to have a third party manage this. That's where I brought E2 in. They gave us a capabilities presentation.
All of the actual coding of the sites, all of the hosting, all of the maintenance and support, and all of the responsive aspects of it are all done by E2. We allow E2 to be our behind the scenes developers that make everything connect and make it all happen. We allow local guys to do the designs. That way it's very modern and everything. Then we have E2 come in and do all the underpinnings of all the sites.
Obviously, when I got here, there were probably 100 of those sites that were already built. There are about 100 sites now that are in different stages of being built by E2. They didn't build all 200 of them. All of them now, even the ones that they didn't build, are on our server as being managed by E2.
What was the scope of their involvement?
There are two different projects that I work with them on. One of them is the third party website development which is what I just mentioned. The other one is a system I built in this company which is an enterprise level system. It's a completely custom application from the ground up that does pretty much everything that an off-the-shelf product doesn't do. It's specific to our industry. I basically architected up the blueprints for this extremely efficient system. They have basically built it from scratch.
How did you come to work with E2logy?
I've used E2logy even before I came here. I used them for mobile app development. I've actually had some great success with them just building a mobile app. It was just a personal app that a couple of friends and I put together. They did a great job with that.
How much have you invested with E2logy?
On the company application, I've spent upwards of about $170,000. On the property websites, it's probably about $300,000.
The third party websites that we develop for our properties are actually paid for by each individual property. They're our websites, but they're paid for by our clients. They are the ones actually cutting the checks. The invoices are coming through us.
Could you share any evidence that would demonstrate the productivity, quality of work, or the impact of the engagement?
Now, we've won Webby Awards for our designs in the industry. We probably have the best website presence in the industry by far. We allow all of our designs to be made by local designers from New York and all the places that just have really great web design.
We have 24 hour response time with them. If we ever have any websites that go down, we have an internal support app, E2logy.com. Basically, anytime one of our sites goes down or if somebody catches something, we message them. Even during the day, when it's usually nightfall on their end, they have someone there that's immediately responding and able to look at the issue. If it's something they can handle, they'll fix it. If not, they call in a developer. They wake him up, and get him over there. They've always been very responsive in that sense.
I would also say there's a couple times where we've wanted some higher level presentations to be done. We actually had some of their executives, on their own dime, fly out here and meet with us to really assure us that they are there for the long haul. I've worked with some extremely bad offshore companies and I've worked with companies like E2, which are probably some of the best experiences you'll have.
If you look at their staff, a lot of their staff are probably more educated than most of the people in my corporate office. Most of their staff have MBAs or they've come to the United States and they've gotten Master's Degrees in Computer Engineering and whatnot from the University of Chicago. I think one of them went to Cornell. They've come here. They're an extremely talented group of people. I really couldn't speak highly enough of them.
Ruchhir [Agarwal], the main man over there, is just always very receptive to any feedback we give. If there's ever any dissatisfaction with their service, or some sort of an issue that comes up, he's immediately one to jump in and make sure things get corrected. We've never, ever had an issue there.
Before I was doing what we do now with our property websites, the local designers were also developing the websites. They would charge about $30,000 for the design of the website and then they would also charge about $35,000 for the coding of the websites. By moving the coding aspect over to E2, I was able to drop that down to roughly $10,000 per site for coding, instead of $35,000. As you can imagine, the clients that we serve get the same quality product for $25,000 less than they would otherwise. Again, that makes our company look good, if you will.
How did E2logy perform from a project management standpoint?
We have two different teams at E2. I've got one dedicated team of about five developers and a project manager who work on my internal application. I think there are four coders, one designer, and a project manager.
Then for the website development, we have a project manager, and then we have about three coders at any given time. If there are a lot of projects at once, they'll pull somebody else in if they need to. Those teams are completely dedicated to us. Most companies, depending on how much work you give them, they'll give you a few guys for now. If you need some, they'll add more. They'll seesaw the amount of work based on what you give them. With us, we give them enough work where we have dedicated teams that are solely our teams.
What did you find most impressive about E2logy?
I would say the lack of a language barrier. A lot of times I've worked with offshore companies and sometimes they do extremely good work, but you have to get them on a Skype call or a conference call. You can't understand a word they say. Whereas, usually the people that Ruchhir puts on his teams, especially for American projects, are all very well spoken and very easy to work with in terms of understanding our needs and not really having to deal with the cultural barriers that sometimes you have to work with when you deal with offshore teams.
Are there any areas E2logy could improve?
No, the only thing I always hope is that they don't grow too fast. Ruchhir is committed to keeping it a family business. He's trying not to turn it into a giant corporate monster like a lot of the offshore companies are. Because he does keep it fairly small, they've got hundreds and hundreds of employees, but he's not turned it into some corporate thing.
The fact that I can contact Ruchhir, who runs the company, at any time, is such a huge win on my side. I'm not talking to a sales rep. I'm not talking to just a project manager. If I do have an issue, I can go directly to him. That's probably what I hope he doesn't change. In terms of what I wish he would change, I really can't think of anything off the top of my head. That's the reason we started with them. There are two other companies that I usually use for offshore development. I prefer not to use them anymore because it's a lot easier working with him.