Full Service Digital Agency

Simply put – Dreambox is the most experienced digital agency in the food-service industry. Working with over twenty-five national brands and a number of single-unit operators Dreambox has quickly become the, “go-to” firm for brand-conscious restaurants looking to reach customers in the most innovative, stable and secure ways possible.

Our talented team of designers, business specialists, user-interface gurus and developers work together on client projects daily to produce work that is truly best-in-class and representative of each customer’s brand, and we’ve been at it since 1999. Through consistent measured growth, one customer after another, Dreambox has continued to add additional capabilities to support our customers designed to further round out our broad palette of services.

While we have customers in a myriad of other industries (education, manufacturing, medicine…etc.) it is our work in the food-service sector that we are most closely associated with. We're often asked what precisely it is we do here at Dreambox. As a full-service digital agency the answer to this question involves many interrelated facets of our service-offering whole. For some customers we have built very complex systems that allow dissimilar software applications to better communicate with each other in order to facilitate staff workflow and introduce incredible cost-savings. For other customers we've spearheaded rebranding projects to better target a desired demographic through extensive research, strategy development and execution including web site builds, print/collateral design, social media integration and Email marketing. Supporting each of these projects is our secure, capable network infrastructure entirely owned and managed by Dreambox.

1999
Diamond Bar, CA
  • Dreambox Creations
    556 N. Diamond Bar Blvd.
    Diamond Bar, CA 91765
    909.396.1730

Yard House Restaurants (Darden), Claim Jumper Restaurants (Landry's), Saltgrass Steakhouse (Landry's), Bubba Gump Shrimp Company (Landry's), Grimaldis Pizzeria, Black Angus Steakhouse, LYFE Kitchen, My Fit Foods, The Fish Market Restaurants, Brent's Deli, Elephant Bar, Chevys (Real Mex Restaurants), El Torito (Real Mex Restaurants), Acapulco (Real Mex Restaurants)...etc.

Digital Ads and Web Design for Restaurant Group

"I can always find something new for Dreambox to tackle because they understand us so well."

July 2016 - Ongoing

Dreambox developed a modernized, mobile-responsive website with hand-drawn designs and detailed branding. They now provide digital ad creation and surveys to improve sales and recruiting efforts.

1,001-5,000 Employees

Los Angeles Metro Area
Branding Director, Restaurant Group

The revamped site accurately represents the brand’s niche, and Dreambox’s on-trend marketing campaigns increased take-out purchases by up to 70% over a single holiday. The team’s technical and artistic capabilities and in-depth understanding of the restaurant industry continue to support a strong relationship.

I’m the branding director for a casual dining chain of 15 restaurants. The business was started in 1968 and will be celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2018. We’re a privately-owned business located in Orange County, Inland Empire, and Los Angeles.

My department used to be called the marketing department, but we changed the name to Brand Team because we handle all aspects of the brand: team members, website, digital ads, stores, handbook design, uniforms, plating, and so on. Because we’re a mid-sized company, our department has our hands in so many different areas of the brand. I answer directly to our CEO, and I work closely with her on brand decisions. I really value her insight since she started as a hostess for the company years ago.

What challenge were you trying to address with Dreambox?

A year and a half ago, I had just taken over the department and wanted to enhance the company’s online presence. We had no mobile version of the website, and it was outdated in general and didn’t represent our brand or tell our story.

Dreambox first provided website development for our company. They nailed it, designing the page exclusively with hand illustrations. It completely represents our brand.

We had such a positive experience that we wanted to take it to the next level, creating digital ads. After a 1-year collaboration, we launched a demographics study with Dreambox to gather better ad buys and reach more guests. Our restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and we have a niche market for our pies. As we continue working with Dreambox, we’re trying to understand exactly who our guests are and who responds well to our “creating memories and tradition” motto.

Dreambox isn’t providing pay-per-click services, but they develop all our digital ads. One ad is for recruiting, and our internal branding department has some responsibility for the creative direction of that. We also host videos once a month for this task, which Dreambox also manages. They created our internal team member survey and are about to launch a customer survey.

How did you come to work with Dreambox?

I called contacts within the restaurant industry, who pointed me to Dreambox. I received another quote for the website from a different provider I was working with initially, but felt that they wanted too much money and didn’t understand who we were. Instead of high budget food photography, I wanted illustrations since our advertising and marketing materials have always included hand-drawn assets. The illustrations reinforce the handmade, from scratch aspect of our bakery and restaurant, while still staying true to our “roots” and telling our story through retro and quirky illustration and design. Dreambox not only understood our brand, they went above and beyond what we had hoped for, and they have expressed how much they enjoy doing hand-drawings for our ads. In short, we connected with Dreambox right away.

How much have you invested with Dreambox?

Our budget is $10,000 per digital ad. Recruiting ads cost $2,500, and we’ve spent another $5,000 for a different type of advertising. In total, we spend around $17,500 per month on Dreambox’s services.

We started working with Dreambox in July of 2016, and the engagement is ongoing. I can always find something new for Dreambox to tackle because our brand is constantly evolving and they understand us so well. We’re about to launch our demographics survey.

Dreambox helped us make sure that every line of advertising truly represents who we are and that all the creatives are consistent. Because our department is involved in so many different aspects of the brand, consistency can be difficult to achieve. Dreambox has helped keep us on track because their team truly understands our brand.

We decided to host a job fair ourselves instead of attending a hiring fair through a third party like we had so many times in the past with little success. We had a full day of interviews with candidates because of Dreambox’s recruiting ads. I believe that we signed 5 people for our coaching and training program, unlike the 1–2 leads we’d maybe get from attending a job fair put on by a third party.

Conversions are linked to our online ordering. In 2017, we’re pushing family-style take-out and ran various ads during St. Patrick’s Day. We were able to increase our Feast purchases by 70%, which was impressive since we’ve never seen that volume for St. Patricks Day before. We were also up 12% during the Thanksgiving season, and, within a 2-day period, sold about 70,000 pies at 15 locations.

How did Dreambox perform from a project management standpoint?

I like that they’re using Basecamp, especially because we’re working with multiple people from our department and have many lines of communication. I can oversee what’s inputted there at any time, look at sample ads, and know where we stand with our projects.

What did you find most impressive about Dreambox?

Dreambox’s project lead is an amazing and personable person. She understands our brand, and we have a lot of fun together. We feel that she is as passionate about our brand as we are.

Are there any areas Dreambox could improve?

As we grow together, I think that Dreambox will understand us even more. It’s important for them to know our history, but the story of a 50-year-old business can’t be grasped within a year.

Overall Score I’m very happy with Dreambox and don’t question them at all. I’ve worked with other agencies, and they never understood us as well as Dreambox does.
    They always deliver on time, but I think they shouldn’t be afraid to ask us for materials when we need to deliver something.
    They’re worth every penny. Dreambox has never gone over our estimates; instead, they’re sometimes below.
    The fact that Dreambox’s team can hand-draw material really says something. The quality of their work is excellent.
    I tell people about them all the time.

Digital Marketing for Restaurant Franchise

"If anybody calls them, [Dreambox Creations] treats them royally and tries to help."

2013 - Ongoing

Dreambox Creations acts as a full-service digital partner by providing ongoing Web design, development, social media marketing, content creation, and overall strategy services.

Chicago Metro Area
Founder, Restaurant Group

Dreambox Creations plays an instrumental role in the company's growth and social media presence, doubling the number of Facebook fans, Twitter followers, and Web views doubled. The team is committed to producing quality results.

Please describe your company.

It's a brand-new concept, and we have six restaurants around the country. We're building another six to eight this year, with the idea of 250 in the next five years. It was founded by myself and my partner, Mike Roberts, [the] former CEO of McDonalds.

The idea with our company is to take great-tasting, good-for-you food to the masses. We consider it a new level of fast casual. There are traditionally three levels: Fast food, fast casual, and white tablecloth. We'd like to think of ourselves as a lifestyle restaurant in between fast casual and fine dining. You order at the counter, but you’re served on china. You can reorder from your seat. It's a much more respite of a setting, with strong ambience.

What is your role and responsibilities?

My role is co-founder and chief branding officer.

What was your goal for working with Dreambox Creations?

They were brought to us by strong recommendations from people that knew of their expertise in the website arena, they have a cost-effective manner of building a website from the ground up.

Dreambox develops our website, creates content, and creates design and graphics that support the content. They set the leadership role for us. Our website's success has evolved into a whole digital strategy.

They have become our primary graphics agency in addition to the website. They’ve become our website developer and designers. They’ve become and grown into the digital media provider, from Facebook, Twitter, and others. They created a yearlong strategy and content schedule to keep it robust and talk about our unique selling proposition. I consider them to be much more than graphics and design. I consider them to be a very knowledgeable strategic partner in the industry of what works and doesn’t in terms of engaging the consumer.

What was your process for selecting Dreambox Creations with which to work?

I put out a RFP [request for proposal] for four or five firms, and I talked to several of them. We received a recommendation for Dreambox as well. Candidly, Dreambox came in because of their restaurant industry experience, which is significant. Also, they were the most cost effective of the groups, which was what we needed. They helped us build as a start-up and build as we grow quickly and exponentially.

It's about 60 hours per month. It's significant. This is an ongoing engagement, and one I hope to grow significantly. With their passion and dedication, I give them my highest recommendation. I believe it would be a relationship we want to build and grow with, and have them play a more major role once I can get the resources commensurate with sales in our restaurants.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

Some weeks it's higher, but we have doubled our Facebook fans, our Twitter followers, our Web views since they joined us in spring 2013. They previously had a much more limited role, but I see tremendously increased participation and engagement from the consumer the more they get involved.

They work with our IT [information technology] person to build the ongoing online ordering. We are going to a loyalty program, and we're working on that as well.

I’m going to nominate them for our supplier of the year for several reasons. The first is passion, and second, commitment. I can talk to them every hour of the day. Because of my job and the lack of internal resources, I consider him to be a strategic partner. Their commitment to helping us build as a startup has been phenomenal. What we ask of them and what they accomplish have been off the charts in terms of my expectations. I would say that they are betting on the future with us in some ways, but they never give you that opinion. They do such great work, quality work, and conscientious work that I can’t say enough about how they have joined us as a partner.

I know they have other clients, and they’re not bashful about telling us, and we can sequence that in. They’re professional communicators. They’ll set expectations, and they continue to pick up more and more of a role in our brand department in areas other than web and digital because they’re so good.

Yes, to push back on us. They are so receptive, so polite, so customer service oriented that I try to limit management to a single line of demarcation for them. If anybody calls them, they treat them royally and try to help them. My recommendation was that they could draw more barriers for us because I think as a startup client, we'll take as much as somebody will give.

Also, they are so kind even when we fail in our responsibilities. For instance, when I'm on a conference call and it infuriates me when someone on my team doesn’t live up to what we said we would do, they jumps in and does it for us. I don’t want them to enable my group not to do what they’re supposed to do. Dreambox already does enough.

I am very fond of the agency and what they’ve done for us. It's truly out of the ordinary.

If there was a score better than five, I would give that. They push us.
    I have already recommended them.

Web Development for National Pizza Chain

"Dreambox Creations truly was a dream to work with."

Dreambox Creations provided Web design and development services. The agency improved the e-commerce functions, usability, and presentation of a main website.

Phoenix Metro Area
Marketing Director, National Pizza Chain

The new website is widely considered the best in its industry. Dreambox Creations improved the site’s design, mobile capacity, and shopping cart functionality. The agency’s collaboration skills and ability to deliver outstanding results exceeded expectations.

Please describe your company.

We are a full-service restaurant with 33 national chains. We are growing fast and currently have about 2,000 employees. We specialize in pizza.

Grimaldi’s is an institution that has garnered more awards than any other pizzeria in the country with more celebrity sightings than most five-star restaurants. Using only the freshest ingredients, a “secret recipe” pizza sauce, and handmade mozzarella cheese and dough, Grimaldi’s serves traditional pizza, as it began in Naples, Italy, in an upscale yet casual, family-oriented pizzeria. The intense heat of the oven evenly bakes the pies to create Grimaldi’s famous crispy and smoky thin crust that Zagat has voted best pizza year after year.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I'm the director of marketing, I am responsible for national brand development, advertising, external media, website, and promotions.

What was the business challenge that you were trying to address?

All of the work had to do with website redesign. Here were the main challenges:

We needed new engaging graphic design, which conveys to the visitor a clear outline of site content and/or preferred promotions.

We needed an improved process for shopping carts and purchases. This includes standard gift card programs and eGift card program.

We required improved presentation of directory listings, tier-level menus, and links for navigation. It must be able to direct traffic to and from the main site.

We also needed expanded search criteria and guest selection of locations, for above. We wanted improved blog and career link sites, improved “Speakup” feedback form to ensure the security of content and proper retrieval of forms.

We also needed mobile application and tablet capabilities, hosting options, and continued maintenance. We needed improved formatting of the website. We also wanted comprehensive statistic reporting.

We also wanted interactive social media icons, integrated animation and/or video (whether used or not.). We also required setup for a potential online ordering option, improved integration of the "VIP” newsletter sign-up form.

The site should have an attractive mix of text, photographs, and graphics. Grimaldi’s staff, which are not trained in computer programming, should be able to create and post content and update the site easily, without requiring assistance from the Web design contractor. The system should be supported by all browser types, like Mozilla, Internet Explorer, Safari, and Chrome, and available on all platforms.

The website should be available to sites with low-bandwidth Internet access. The technical footprint should be light enough that users can view pages and documents without excessively long downloads.

The website should not experience any long-term downtimes due to hosting issues. The site’s navigation structure should be developed so that certain items are accessible from anywhere on the website, such as search function, share this/stay connected links, and the Grimaldi’s Pizzeria main site homepage.

What was your process for selecting Dreambox Creations to work with?

We researched firms on the local and national level. We came up with three national firms and two in Arizona. The main traits that we looked into were price, performance, and timeliness.

Immediately upon the initial call with Dreambox, we knew there was a strong rapport, experience, and partnership. They were open to our RFP [request for proposal] process and some of the tight time constraints we initially offered. This gave me a sense that they would be an excellent partner for our fast-paced group. Their designs and previous work set them apart from the pack but their ability to communicate through the project is really the reason why we have continued to offer them projects.

When was the project completed?

It was completed in March of 2013.

What were the results of the project?

Since the transition, we saw an immediate increase in technology uptime and ability to grow our audience. The feedback from the public, employees, and potential vendors was extraordinary. We continue to hear that our website is one of the best within our industry.

Our teammates are happy to have a functioning, well-designed website that really reflects our unique brand. It allows us to tell our story to ensure future funding and enables us the flexibility to change on demand and increase profits. Elements such as our shopping card, gift card service, and menu have vastly improved since the launch.

Our customers are thrilled at the mobile capability, better shopping cart, and better design of the website. It navigates easily and offers new insight into our company.

How did Dreambox Creations perform?

Dreambox Creations did an excellent job working with us to redesign the website. They were clear on the deliverables and truly worked within our mandated schedule. They managed all work within our budget and gave suggestions for improvement. Unlike most firms, we have a face to our account and one who holds himself and his team very accountable.

What else is unique or special about Dreambox Creations compared to other firms?

Dreambox Creations truly was a dream to work with. They consistently produced incredible results and always go beyond my expectations. I gave them some extreme expectations and deadlines, I am always amazed at the results and how quickly they are accomplished. I would recommend them to anyone that wants to develop their brand representation and needs an attention-grabbing, effective website. It has been a pleasure working with them, and I am thrilled to have them on board for our next project, which is having them host our email services. Truly, Dreambox is an exceptional company to work with.

I will absolutely recommend them.