Search Marketing for Enterprise Brands

On average, we increase your organic traffic by 135%, decrease your cost per acquisition by 32%, and increase inbound lead volume by 84% - all in the first six months.

Irvine, CA
  • 156 2nd Street
    San Francisco, CA 94105
  • 15 Bishopsgate, Floor 6,
    London, LND EC2N 3AR

Clutch.co, Cisco, Samsung, WestRock, Pelican Products, Allstate Insurance Company, Cherwell, SentinelOne (cyber security), Ultimate Ears (Logitech company), Xactly (SaaS), Tencent, Web.com

Data & Email Security Landing Page Image

Demo Landing Page

Live Chat Demo Landing Page Image

Live Chat Demo Landing Page

SEO and Digital Marketing for Accounting Company

"[T]hey knew, inside out, what tools people need to be aware of, and how to use them."

2014 - Ongoing

Directive Consulting provides SEO, pay-per-click, analytics, Facebook and Google ads, lead generation, and general digital strategy for an accounting company.

Co-founder, Accounting Company

Google Adwords rankings for the business increased significantly since engaging with Directive Consulting. SEO and website updates also netted widely positive results. The team earned praise for their proactive work and eagerness to learn as much as possible to help their partners succeed.

Please describe your company.

We do outsourced accounting for small businesses in the tech space and service industry. Our website is http://www.basis365.com/

What is your role and responsibilities?

I’m a co-founder.

What was your goal for working with Directive Consulting?

They’re helping us try to rank highly on Google searches for relevant keywords, and also helping us put together a sales funnel. The ultimate goal of our work with Directive is to find leads and have a scalable system to take them through the sales cycle.

They’re working on organic SEO [search engine optimization], so we can rank for the main keywords that we’re looking for. They’ve also experimented with Facebook ads, and now we’re starting to roll out Google ads as well as the side project of helping us out with the sales funnel process and what tools we would use for that. The lead generation they’re working on through Google would feed into that pipeline.

What was your process for selecting Directive Consulting with which to work?

They’re in the same building, so I was aware of them. They had some seminars that they were hosting, so it was relevant to our interests. It was obvious to us that they knew, inside out, what tools people need to be aware of, and how to use them. We knew we couldn’t learn that ourselves, and their team seemed really current, really eager, and high energy.

It was less than $10,000.

How long have you been working with them, and is the project ongoing?

Yes. It’s ongoing. We started in the third quarter of last year.

Are you satisfied with Directive Consulting’s work?

Definitely. We had ranked pretty well with our Google AdWords advertisements, but we’ve seen it improve since the engagement began. They put something in place so that we appear twice on the top of the page for outsourced accounting, which is our main target keywords.

They’re experimenting with social media ads. I think that was useful. We expected that Facebook maybe not be the right place, so we validated some of our assumptions. The results of the SEO campaign seem useful, the tweaks to the website have helped. Also, being able to have someone know how to track what’s happening has been helpful, too.

Do you have any statistics or metrics, or just general trends to gauge their success?

I don’t have any stats to share currently but, generally, there have been increased leads coming in. In terms of appearing on the first Google result page, I can lots of improvement. We’ve had more leads, and we are just starting to see the benefits of analytics behind the leads, which tells us useful information about potential customers. We have a meeting planned to discuss analytics.

Is there anything unique about Directive Consulting that really makes them stand out, compared to other companies?

I can see that the other firms we spoke to just seemed more traditional or old school, so we like that these guys are pretty new and aggressive in a positive way. They reach out to industry experts and build a reputation and knowledge as they continue to expand on their services.

To me, one unique thing is just their proactive attitude. A lot of marketers tend to just tell you what they do and tell us to follow it. With these guys, it’s collaborative and they’re eager. They find out what’s out there and just go get results for the client. They’re constantly learning, trying to tweak and stay on top of changes in the industry.

The one challenge is blogging. To us, it doesn’t read well because we know what we would have written as industry insiders. Instead of spending time working on the blog, we should have had them working on landing pages.

What advice would you give a future client of theirs?

Be ready to spend and have a budget. To run a successful, comprehensive campaign costs a little more than a small business may think. Be prepared to trust Directive Consulting and use their suggestions.

SEO for Co-working Company

"They’re very result driven. If they have a specific goal, they can get it done."

Directive Consulting provides a technology workspace with organic search engine optimization campaign management and regular reporting.

Executive Director, Co-Working Space

The strategy implemented by Directive Consulting had a measurable impact on Google search results, traffic, and qualified leads. The team was able to quickly recalibrate following a substantial website change. The only minor issue is that reporting could be done on a more regular basis.

Please describe your organization

We’re People Space. We’re a co-working tech hub. We have bout 20-25 companies that work with us. We do events and workshops on the weekends. It’s in the same category as We Work.

What is your role and responsibilities, please?

I’m the Executive Director.

What was your goal for working with Directive Consulting?

Our goal was for me to rise up in the ranks in the co-working space with the key word co-working and ultimately to be more searchable and get more clients in the space.

It was just SEO. The priority was to get better search engine ranking.

What was your process for selecting Directive Consulting to work with?

They actually work in the space so I can see how they work and how they deal with their customers. I see them 40-60 hours a week. So, I definitely know that they’re legitimate and do what they say.

It was under $10,000.

When was the work completed?

It’s ongoing. I changed up my website and they had to rearrange some things. We extended the project a bit longer to get things back on track.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

People are Googling for co-working more than ever before. So, I don’t have complete statistics, but I do know that people who do walk in for a tour, 99 percent of them had found us through Google. We have nine reviews on Google.

Are you satisfied with their performance?

When I switched my website, I saw the rankings drop. Then, they went in and readjusted the architecture of the website and within a couple of weeks, we popped up as number one on Google.

Is there anything unique about Directive Consulting that really makes them stand out, compared to other online marketing companies?

They’re very result driven. If they have a specific goal, they can get it done.

Maybe they could give some more updates and explanations of the tasks that they’ve completed. They did quite a bit, but sometimes they didn’t report the full extent to me.

What advice would you give to a future client of theirs?

Be very task specific. They’re great for ongoing tasks, too, if that’s what you need. But, as in any project management situation, know what you want out of the work before you begin so that everything’s clear. They are great at being result driven. If you’re also that way, it will work really well.

I definitely refer them all of the time.

Advertising for Plumbing Company

"They’re putting in the time and work and doing all of the groundwork."

Directive Consulting worked as an advertising partner, providing web design and development, SEO management, and email marketing.

Owner, Plumbing Company

The new marketing strategies brought about a significant increase in leads and local customers. Directive Consulting's SEO and email campaign management also led to increased website hits. In addition, the team provided helpful advice on SEO, advertising, and beyond.

Please describe your organization

My company is a small mom-and-pop [plumbing] business — two trucks and five guys covering a 40- to 50-mile radius.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I’m the owner.

What was your goal for working with Directive Consulting?

My business goal was to advertise and to replace what I once relied on the Yellow Pages to do for me. They’ve been helpful to get my phone number out there again.

They created a new website for me and did all of the SEO [search engine optimization] for that. We’ve talked about pay per click but, because I’m so busy right now, I don’t need pay per click. We’ve also talked about doing Facebook, but that doesn’t seem to be worth it. Now, we’re working on email marketing and keeping in touch with all of my current customers and keeping our clientele in a close geographic radius.

What was your process for selecting Directive Consulting with which to work?

One of their founders is my son, so it was a logical decision.

That is confidential.

When was the work completed?

It’s always going because they’re always writing articles and keeping me abreast of what’s going on. We’re working on an email campaign right now.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

My phone has been ringing with lots of local clients, which is great. I did have a website before and had maybe three hits a month on it, but they took on my SEO during my son’s time in college and improved things greatly. When I’ve had questions about short-term goals and long-term goals, they’ve had a lot of good input for my business, beyond SEO and advertising.

Are you satisfied with their performance?

Yes. Very satisfied.

They’re putting in the time and work and doing all of the groundwork. I have been contacted many times before with a promise to be put on the top of Google with a special technique. I know that’s not true. I know it takes a lot of work, and the guys at Directive are doing that tough work.

No. If there has ever been any hold up, it was always on my part. They’re doing their part to drive the project forward.

What advice would you give to a future client of theirs?

Be patient. SEO doesn’t happen overnight.

I’ve already recommended them to a few friends, and they’re very happy.

SEO for Technology Company

"We value their professionalism, enthusiasm, and clear passion for SEO."

Jul. 2018 - Ongoing

Directive implemented SEO in a technology company’s redesigned website to drive traffic and conversions. The project is ongoing.

Cypress, California
Marketing Specialist, Technology Company

Select keywords have achieved top ranking in search results. Directive provides high-quality service quickly and at excellent value. The team keeps in contact weekly. Their professionalism, personability, and investment in the project make for an effortless collaboration.

I am the marketing specialist at a technology company. We design and manufacture automated identification technologies.

For what projects/services did your company hire Directive?

We engaged Directive to implement SEO on our new website.

We wanted to increase web traffic and conversions on our company site.

We searched on Google for SEO companies nearby.

Directive integrated SEO strategies into our newly redesigned website.

We work with Blake (Account Manager, Directive).

We’ve achieved second ranking for some of our top keywords such as “emv card reader”.

How did the Directive perform from a project management standpoint?

We find them easy and enjoyable to work with. We communicate every week.

What impresses you about the Directive?

We value their professionalism, enthusiasm, and clear passion for SEO.

No, we’re highly satisfied with their work so far.

Paid Advertising & SEO for CRM Platform

“We appreciate their team’s support.”

Apr. 2018 - Ongoing

Directive Consulting manages online advertisements and provides SEO strategy, with the overall goal of enhancing lead quality.

Bozeman, Montana
Digital & Demand Generation Manager, Quiq

Directive Consulting’s efforts quickly paid off, contributing to a 25% growth in qualified leads and increased web traffic. While they need to improve attention to detail, their smooth workflow and accommodating team have led to a long-term collaboration.

I’m the digital and demand generation manager for a company that provides customer service messaging software. We help businesses have richer conversations with their customers.

For what projects/services did your company hire Directive Consulting?

We hired them to provide paid advertising management and SEO.

Our goal was to increase lead flow while improving lead quality. We needed help with increasing organic website traffic.

They were a recommendation from a trusted source.

Directive Consulting manages paid ad placements based on keyword research and optimization. They also provide advice for improving our search ranking.

We work with their digital and content team.

Month over month, we’ve seen marketing qualified lead flow increase by 25%.

How did the Directive Consulting perform from a project management standpoint?

It has been great.

What impresses you about the Directive Consulting?

We appreciate their team’s support.

They need to pay more attention to detail.

SEO & PPC for Nurse Staffing Agency

“Our assigned consultant truly tries to understand our business model and help us grow.”

Oct. 2017 - Ongoing

After an initial audit, Directive is handling SEO and PPC initiatives with the goal of increasing the number of qualified nurse applicants. The team also works on paid search and analytics.

Cypress, California
Operations Director, Nurse Staffing Agency

Directive has contributed to a dramatic increase in quality applicants, thanks to their technical recommendations. Their detailed reports and consistent follow-up help keep the project on track.

I’m the director of operations at a nurse staffing agency. Our company has 25 years of industry-specific knowledge, experience, and care.

For what projects/services did your company hire Directive Consulting?

We hired them for online lead generation through SEO and PPC strategies.

We needed more registered nurses to apply for travel nurse assignments for our partner healthcare facilities. This required increasing organic and paid traffic to our website.

We searched online and looked at a couple of local contenders.

Directive came in to audit our website. Then, they helped us improve organic traffic performance by giving technical and content recommendations. Initially, they were also brought in to clean up our paid search campaigns in AdWords and then hand this over to us to manage internally. However, we ended up adding this to their tasks. Directive also set up Google Analytics for us so that we could start tracking our results.

Directive provided us with a senior consultant to manage everything. He was supported by our dedicated SEO and PPC specialists.

They generated over 500 leads in less than five months. Before, we would get a lot of leads that did not meet the required qualifications to even be placed as a travel nurse. Now, we’ve started to notice that the quality of our leads is improving—applicants now have a greater chance of being placed in our open travel nurse assignments.

How did the Directive Consulting perform from a project management standpoint?

Directive prepares weekly reporting and monthly status reports to keep track of their work and performance. The initial project was very thorough, but they have been great at keeping everything moving forward.

What impresses you about the Directive Consulting?

The road to improvement is taking a little longer than I wanted it to. Also, there are development costs associated with their recommendations.