Firepower for your Business

We, Digital AMMO, are a small group of professionals made up of A-list players whom all have a singular goal in mind – to produce outstanding digital products for those with discriminating tastes and the highest standards.  We’re not so obnoxious to proclaim ourselves as the industry’s best but we do feel our abilities and products are among the finest in the digital realm and certainly competitive with the handful of other firms that also focus on quality over quantity.

It’s important to note that Digital-AMMO is family owned and operated.  This is a very important element of who we are and who we’re not.  Despite the stunning projects we deliver, those looking for the glitz and glam of an agency type experience will be disappointed.  You’ll quickly discover that we keep our day to day affairs simple by managing each project with a pragmatic mindset and efficient methodologies.

What you’ll end up getting from us is a no nonsense client experience and jaw dropping products that will add measurable value to your company.  Thanks for checking us out, we look forward to working with you.

2008
Chicago, IL
  • 20 W Kinzie St STE 1700
    Chicago, IL 60654

Zuckerman Investment Group

Brand Identity Design, Web Design/Development for Zuckerman Investment Group, a family wealth management firm in Chicago, Illinois.

Centerstone Executive Search and Consulting

Brand Identity Design, Web Design/Development for an Executive Search and Consulting Firm.

Code Platoon

Web Design and Development for a non profit coding bootcamp in Chicago.

HM Healthcare Partners

Brand Identity Design, Web Design/Development and for a research organization that provides, engineers and conducts research studies and clinical trials.

Building Impact

Brand Identity Design, Web Design/Development for a firm that works with forward-thinking philanthropists and change agents to catalyze systemic change around pressing social issues.

Apex Design Build

Web Design and Development for a fully integrated design, architecture and construction firm specializing in creating state of the art healthcare facilities.

Web Development & Marketing For Auto Body Shop

"They’ve performed really well. The team comes through when they say they will."

Jun. 2011 - Ongoing

In addition to print materials, Digital Ammo designed and developed a custom website for an autobody shop. The site allows users to check out services, schedule appointments, and send pictures of their issues.

11- 50 Employees

Daniel Resendiz
Founder, Autobody Unlimited

The site quickly drove a 20% increase in site traffic, which has grown ever since. Users feel it’s easy to navigate and have complimented the design. While they might be a bit cost-prohibitive to some, their top-tier work quality and commitment to excellent service more than make up for the price.

I'm the owner of Autobody Unlimited, which is a body shop that’s been in business for over 34 years.

What challenge were you trying to address with Digital Ammo?

Our shop isn’t located in an industrial park or on a busy street, so it was important to make sure that any foot traffic came from customers who were walking in for specific reasons. That’s why I hired Digital Ammo to create our website.

Digital Ammo developed a custom website that would help people better understand who we are while also making us stand out from the competition.

I’d originally given them samples of sites that I liked and didn’t like along with some of our existing assets. They then suggested changes for us to work through together before sending me a couple of different mockups.

On the backend, they created modules to request user information so that we’d have a better idea of why customers were coming in. Users can now read about our services, schedule appointments, and upload pictures of their problems so that we could assess them.

They’ve done a fair amount of marketing material for us, too. Because we service several dealerships, they created print collateral like pamphlets and business cards to pass out. I didn’t want to have a generic card, so they suggested custom sticker paper and other things.

I have one contact overall but have worked with about three people throughout. When they were building our site, they’d sent out a team member to tour our facility and dig into who we were. That person took pictures of our crew to get a better idea of what distinguished us.

How did you come to work with Digital Ammo?

There are always cookie-cutter sites in my line of work, and I didn’t want that for mine. So, I looked at a lot of companies to find one that could really make a professional site. After shopping around, a contact referred me to Digital Ammo. I did my due diligence, really liked their work, and went with them.

With all of their marketing and development work, we’ve spent around $70,000. They aren’t the cheapest option, by far, but they offer good value for their work.

We’ve worked together since 2011 on a couple of different things. Currently, we’re working on another project.

I’m very happy with Digital Ammo’s work. After launching the site, we saw an almost immediate increase in our web traffic. It started at a 20% uptick and just kept going from there.

In terms of user feedback, it’s pretty easy to use. There have been a couple of little changes that we’ve made, but it’s nice to see continuous improvement. A lot of industry peers have also asked about Digital Ammo, and I’ve recommended them to several people.

How did Digital Ammo perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve performed really well. The team comes through when they say they will. If there are any setbacks, they always inform me well ahead of time.

Digital Ammo takes the time to figure things out for themselves. Obviously, they didn’t know my business, so they initially asked a lot of questions to understand what would work for us. But they’d also dig in deep through our past content to learn what made us different from our competitors.

Just like my body shop, they aren’t the cheapest option. But their pricing is worth the level of service and quality output that they provide.

Check around, do your due diligence, and understand that you get what you pay for. I paid a lot more, but I’m very happy with what I got.

Overall Score They’re expensive but high-quality.
    They’d only missed a deadline once, but I was aware of that long before the due date.
    I saw an instant increase in returns from the beginning.

Web Design and Branding for Real Estate Investment Firm

“They're very flexible and easy to work with.”

Aug. 2017 - Jan. 2018

After designing a website, Digital AMMO developed branding materials and created a letterhead and business cards. They also helped brand an investor pitch deck.

Director of Redevelopment, Real Estate Investment Firm

The in-house team is happy with the new look and feel of the website. Digital AMMO met all needs, while their ability to create visually appealing designs coupled with reasonable rates made them stand out among competitors.

I'm the director of redevelopment at a real estate investment firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Digital AMMO?

We were looking for a vendor to design a website for us and help us with branding.

Digital AMMO designed our website and created a letterhead, business cards, and other branding materials. They gave us a template and we filled in the content, answering their questions.  We already had a good template for the investor deck, which we would pitch to our investors, so Digital AMMO helped us brand it.

We had one main point of contact.

How did you come to work with Digital AMMO?

We posted the job on the forum and a few companies responded. We thought Digital AMMO would be the best fit for us.

We spent about $21,000.

We worked with Digital AMMO between August 2017–January 2018.

They met our needs. We're happy with the website and the feedback from users has been positive.

How did Digital AMMO perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very flexible and easy to work with. If we were not happy with something, they were willing to work on it until we were satisfied. We mostly used Basecamp to keep the project on track.

Their rates were reasonable and we liked their creative designs.

They were going through a transition when we started working with them. There were some communication issues at the beginning, but we worked through all the challenges.

Have an idea of what you want and stay engaged. If you're not happy with something, they can definitely get it to the point where you're happy.

Website Build for Accounting Services Firm

"They pay very close attention to detail, going above and beyond to ensure the client is happy with the end product."

Jul. 2016 - Ongoing

Digital AMMO designed and developed a custom website for an accounting service. They focused on putting a professional face on the organization and showing end-clients that their needs were being heard.

Irvine, California
Kristin Prosser
CEO & Founder, The Accounting Collective

With customer service as their top priority, Digital AMMO takes special care to ensure all details are accounted for. Their design skills and communication also stood out throughout the engagement. Customers can expect responsive management.

The Accounting Collective provides tax and bookkeeping services to small businesses throughout the US. I am the CEO and founder.

For what projects/services did your company hire Digital AMMO?

I originally hired them to build a website for my company. They helped with custom branding, including logo design and color selection. The created business cards and now maintain my site for me on a monthly basis.

I wanted to establish an online presence for my business that went beyond a basic website. I wanted to elicit feelings of professionalism and connect with clients' needs and wants. I wanted it to feel inviting and not intimidating, as accounting is a subject-matter that most shy away from.

I found this vendor through a network of small business professionals. Olivia King reached out to me after I posted a need for web development. I immediately liked how responsive and helpful she was.

They did a custom website for my company including a whole branding package, with a logo and business cards. They maintain my website monthly.

I know there was a whole team of people that worked on my project but I only corresponded with one manager, Olivia King. This was super helpful to only have one point of contact.

I love working with Digital Ammo, and the designs they put together are top-notch. They pay very close attention to detail, going above and beyond to make sure the client is happy with the end product.

My project was very well managed by Olivia King. She was always responsive.

The design and communication were great.

The timeline kept getting extended, but it was not a problem for me.

Project sometimes lagged behind.
    I felt pricing was spot on.
    Website came out better than what I expected.

Development for Website Design Company

“Their designs are gorgeous and their backend work is very thorough.”

Oct. 2017 - Ongoing

Digital Ammo provides website design and development services for various websites, using technologies that include WordPress, Ruby on Rails, HTML, JavaScript, PHP, and Django.

Sam Crawford
CEO, Command The Web

Digital Ammo creates high-quality, premium-looking websites that help clients stand out. In addition to their attention to detail, their team is also very streamlined, knowledgeable, and good about providing feedback to help improve product outcomes.

I'm the CEO of Command The Web, a company that creates WordPress websites for solo training and small law firms.

What challenge were you trying to address with Digital Ammo?

We were trying to move away from a service-based model to a more product-based model, so we engaged Digital Ammo to provide web design and development services that would allow us to reduce our lead time and be more competitively priced.

Digital Ammo provides design and development services for WordPress websites, as well as the development of our e-commerce platform built on Ruby on Rails. They've built in complex shopping cart features on our platform that allow customers to create several line items and either one-time or recurring payment options. They use technologies like Adobe Creative Suite for design and HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, Ruby on Rails, WordPress, and Django for development.

I mostly communicate directly with the CEO and a project manager, who relays the information back to the rest of the team as needed.

How did you come to work with Digital Ammo?

I'd worked with Digital Ammo as a subcontractor in the past, so I was familiar with their internal operations and impressed by their attention to detail when it came to design and development work. I haven't found another firm capable of doing a better job–they really go out of their way for their clients.

We've invested around $700,000 thus far.

We've been working with them since October 2017.

Their designs are gorgeous and their backend work is very thorough. Everything they've built for us has been outstanding. Their use of JavaScript libraries to make our page intro animations sleek gives our websites a high-end feel. They create products above and beyond what's typically seen in the industry we cater to.

How did Digital Ammo perform from a project management standpoint?

Dealing with one main point of contact streamlines the project management process. Their team is well structured so that each person is focused on one main specialty and very strong in that area. We mostly communicate through phone and email but also track projects in Basecamp.

They're a small, family-owned studio with an incredibly strong team. Their knowledge and skillset across different facets of web development set them apart.

They've also been great about listening to our ideas while providing feedback where they can help improve product outcomes.

No. We've been completely impressed by them thus far.

They're the experts, so keep an open mind to their input where it could help improve outcomes.

Website Design & Development for Consulting Firm

"Their openness to collaboration distinguishes them from competitors."

Jun. 2018 - Ongoing

Digital AMMO rebuilt and rebranded a WordPress website to support a new growth strategy. Following guidelines, the team designed the platform including layout and UX. They’re creating additional landing pages.

11- 50 Employees

Arlington, Virginia
Marketing Manager, Centerstone Executive Search & Consulting

Developing a deep understanding of the business, Digital AMMO delivered a website that highlights growing brand identity. The team’s responsiveness and accessibility ensured quick turnaround times. Creative and committed to quality, they remain a valuable partner.

I’m the marketing manager at Centerstone Executive Search & Consulting. We’re a national, retained executive search firm. We place C-suite executives and provide consulting services including such as coaching and executive assessment.

What challenge were you trying to address with Digital Ammo?

Last year, we opened a new industry vertical. Our website wasn’t supportive of our new growth strategy because our core client group had been in the consumer space. We needed a new partner to rebrand and redesign our website.

Digital AMMO created our new website from scratch. We created a project schedule to meet our needs to get the site up and running quickly, which their team supported with creative solutions. Our team provided a general architecture with requirements for the site, which remained similar to the previous version of the platform. In terms of layout, Digital AMMO developed the entire website. The team exceeded our main objectives for the platform: easy navigation and contemporary design.

Our main point of contact has been Olivia (Project Manager, Digital AMMO), but they’ve had various team members working on the project.

How did you come to work with Digital AMMO?

Our team found them through a WeWork community forum as several of our associates have WeWork spaces. After talking with them, we just knew; we had a good initial feeling on the call. Based on the thoroughness of the proposal and how quickly their team could get the website turned around, we decided to collaborate with Digital AMMO.

We began our collaboration in June 2018, and it’s ongoing.

We see them as a long-term partner. While they’ve helped us with these initial projects, we imagine we’ll be keeping them close for several years. If we identify new needs or fixes for the site, we’ll be going back to them.

How did Digital AMMO perform from a project management standpoint?

We’ve mainly communicated by email, but also have frequent phone calls. We’ve used basecamp, which has been useful for tracking the project. Their team was quick to develop the initial concept and has been quick to turn around products when we’ve provided feedback. Digital AMMO has managed a collaborative process.

Their openness to collaboration distinguishes them from competitors. At the beginning of the collaboration, we had a call during which they asked many questions to garner a thorough understanding of our business. They also had us answer questions beforehand. Rather than just knowing the industry, their team got to know our company. This allowed our website and brand to feel like a natural extension of who we are. We’ve found it tricky to find companies that can get up to speed and click with us, but Digital AMMO was able to do that.

Honestly, it’s been such a refreshing process to be able to work with Digital AMMO. There were a couple of aspects we wanted to adjust on the website, which we sent to Olivia who got them turned around rapidly. We’ve been pleased with everything they’ve done.

Be open and receptive to their ideas. Give them as much independence as possible in the beginning, then narrow ideas to become more specific towards the final product. Don’t put too many limitations on them.

Web Design for Rain Gutter Company

"I was very impressed with their knowledge, integrity, and willingness to go the extra mile for their clients."

Jan. 2018 - Jan. 2019

Digital Ammo redesigned a website for a rain gutter company to improve its professionalism and attract more customers and leads. The team suggested features throughout the process as well.

San Diego, California
Bill Michalek
President, San Diego Rain Gutters, Inc.

The new website has deployed to praise from visitors, leading to more sales. Digital Ammo delivered a top-notch design that demonstrated authority and provided relevant information. Their dedication, responsiveness, and expertise enabled a smooth workflow from start to finish.

I am the president of San Diego Rain Gutters. We are a small company located in San Diego, California that has been in business for 42 years. We manufacture and install one piece, seamless rain gutters systems for residential and commercial buildings.

For what projects/services did your company hire Digital Ammo?

We hired Digital Ammo to evaluate and redesign our tired, unattractive web page. We also asked them to incorporate a reliable form filling page for those customers who wanted more information or an estimate for replacing their rain gutters.

To present our selves to our potential customers as a qualified, professional and reliable Home Improvement company that they can trust to do quality work. To make it convenient for them to research rain gutters and find answers to their questions. Having been satisfied with what they found, they could easily request more information, have a question answered or have an estimate scheduled at their home. Naturally, we wanted this design to produce more leads.

After seeing several examples of websites they designed and comparing them to other websites offered by different companies, it was an easy decision to make. They were heads above their competition in eye catching design, ease of navigation, and logic of the layout.

I notified Ms. Olivia King who I communicated with often during the different phases of the project. For the most part, I gave their designers free rein to come up with what they thought would work. I've learned from past experience to let professionals be professional. After just a few changes we had an excellent website. Before publication, I would call Ms. King with a request. It was always met with a cheerful tone and we would discuss it. If she thought it had merit, it went immediately into the design. Really, it was a pleasure to work with her.

I was not made aware of the team members. I was extremely busy during the time of the design and I checked in with Olivia once a day to find out the progress and to see if there were any questions that needed to be answered. I liked working with just one person.

Many, many people who have called and who have contracted with us has let us know that it was because of the website that they went with us. they liked how professional it made us look, the information it provided, and the feedback they wanted to see. We've seen a remarkable uptick in our sales because of the new design.

Excellent. I could not have been happier.

I was very impressed with their knowledge, integrity, and willingness to go the extra mile for their clients. Ms. King is genuinely interested in producing the best product possible and her work ethic shows in her final product. I'm just very impressed with this company.

For a young company, I think they are doing an excellent job. Being as satisfied as I am, I don't see anywhere there can be an improvement, although I'm sure there are some places to improve. There always are. If they keep doing things the way they are doing and keep striving for perfection, I see a very bright future for them.

Overall Score Extremely Satisfied!

Lawfirm Website Development for Chicago Firm

"Their skill, timeliness, ability to work independently, and attention to detail impressed us."

Jan. - Mar. 2019

After carefully examining the existing layout, Digital AMMO reworked a law firm's website, delivering more optimal language and link placement.

Stuart Nagel
Founding Equity Partner, Chalmers & Nagel, P.C.

The site has been praised by both current and prospective clients. The Digital AMMO team provided a modern, intuitive solution that will be able to grow with the firm. They met every deadline and implemented all relevant feedback, despite working independently for most of the project.

We are a full service law firm, and am one of two founding equity partners.

For what projects/services did your company hire Digital AMMO?

We hired Digital AMMO to build our law firm website.

We wanted a modern, stream lined website that was easy to use and navigate and which could grow with our needs.

From another recommendation.

Digital AMMO reviewed our prior website. Redesigned our prior website and reworked all of the language and links on the website

I worked with several Digital AMMO employees, the main one of which was Kara Lai.

Our new website has been very well received by both existing and new potential clients. We are very happy with it. Digital AMMO has been such a pleasure to work with. They are very responsive and accommodating and take great care in following direction and meeting deadlines.

Digital AMMO took care of everything and made it very easy to manage. They worked independently and provided regular updates for my review and comments. They incorporated our desired changes accurately and promptly.

Not really as I was extremely pleased with their services.

Marketing Services for Outpatient Care Center

"They were responsive to our concerns and addressed our issues in a timely manner."

Aug. - Oct. 2018

Digital AMMO developed a website, business cards, a logo, and promotional materials for an outpatient care center for children and adolescents.

Northbrook, Illinois
Managing Parner, Plena Mind Center

The finished materials gave the client a start for their marketing efforts, who expect to see results within a year. They effectively streamlined the projects through a single project manager.

It is a Intensive Outpatient Center for Children and Adolescents

For what projects/services did your company hire Digital AMMO?

Design logo, website, and some marketing materials

Website, business cards, and some promotional materials

Reviews on google

They designed, developed the website, business cards and some promotional materials

The project team was about 7 ppl. Four on our side and three on digital ammo side .

We are still new and growing company so this was our first project to get a presence. We do not expect to see results until next year.

Project management was through a single person on the Digital Ammo side, Olivia King. It was a very effective structure since we had to communicate with one person instead of having multi threaded channels. It was very effective and timely.

They were responsive to our concerns and addressed our issues in a timely manner. Professionalism was the second closest.

It is hard to say since our project was very small. But we were very satisfied with our experience

Overall Score As I mentioned, we have been very satisfied
    Very responsive to our constraints
    They are not cheap. But that comes with quality
    We were very satisfied with our experience
    Very likely.

WordPress Site for Nonprofit Coding Bootcamp

"They were easy to work with, delivered on time, and launched the site flawlessly."

June 2019 - Ongoing

Digital AMMO redeveloped a website on WordPress, updating the visuals and navigation.

Rod Levy
Executive Director, Code Platoon

Internal stakeholders find the new site to be a major improvement with beautiful visuals. Quality output combined with an easy workflow has ensured a successful collaboration.

Code Platoon is a nonprofit coding bootcamp for veterans. I am the Executive Director.

Rebuild our website.

A more visually pleasing and navigable website.

Referral. Quality of prior work.

They rebuilt our entire Wordpress website.

Project manager and various developers.

We have a beautiful new website that is a major improvement from our previous one.

Our team interacted with their developers using a Basecamp workflow.

I'm impressed with the quality of the output. They were easy to work with, delivered on time, and launched the site flawlessly.

They were great in every aspect.

Easy and accessible.