Great mobile apps for all platforms

DevPocket is a world-class leader among vendors of mobile applications. High-quality and committed developers, managers and designers apply their talent to create unique and superior solutions.

Our major guidelines are quality, safety, in-depth development, mobile independence and client’s individuality.

DevPocket today:

• 7 years of in-depth experience on the iOS, Android, Windows Phone 8 market places
  • our clients include Yandex, Forex Club, Exante, Nettrader, Megaplan, InTaxi and many others, as well as partners in several countries
  • over 100 successful projects
  • over 10 million users worldwide, covering various fields: medicine, energetics, retail, business logistics, security, banking sector and others

2008
    St. Petersburg 195027
    Russia
    +7 (921) 448-55-06

Mobile App Development for aNb Media

"Customers and the companies featured on our site love it. We love everything about the work that DevPocket did for us."

The client collaborated with DevPocket as they built their price comparison mobile app. The client supplied the concept and DevPocket handled the technology and some design aspects.

New York Metro Area
Erik Kieckhafer
CTO, aNb Media

DevPocket contributed to an effective app that receives positive feedback. The client praises the agency for their effective communication and great responsiveness. There were no complaints for DevPocket and they are recommended to others.

The company is called aNb Media, but our consumer facing side is TTPM. We are a toy and family and kid entertainment review company. We have partnerships with a lot of toy manufacturers. We review the toys and put the reviews on the website for consumers to research. We have partnerships with about 10 retailers.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I am the CTO. I do all the development and tech stuff for the site. We have two developers now.

What was your goal for working with DevPocket?

We have a mobile app – Shop for Kids – that DevPocket helped us with. It has a price comparison tool on it. If you see a toy you like you can scan it and find the price comparison. They did the app and the price comparison tool. We’re trying to monetize our business. We don’t sell anything, so we were trying to figure out a way to do that.

We needed someone to build the price comparison tool for us. I don’t have the skills or time to do that. That’s why we partnered with DevPocket. They helped us with design and the way it works. The concept of the tool is ours, but DevPocket developed all the technology. They built the scrapers and worked with the site and tested them all out.

What was your process for selecting DevPocket with which to work?

We interviewed four or five companies. DevPocket came in the office, and I told them what we were trying to achieve. They said what they thought they could do with it, how they would do it, timing, and price. In the end, they seemed to know what they were doing and they seemed to be able to get things done quickly at a great price.

Can you give a sense of the size of the initiative in dollar terms or a personnel work hour figure?

The size of the project was initially in the $10,000 to $50,000 price range. We have since added more features to our project, which increased the overall price to the $50,000 to $200,000 price range.

When was the work completed?

We’ve worked with them a few years. It’s ongoing work. They update the price comparison tool all the time. I have the option to get into the code if I want, but I let them do it.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

User feedback has been amazing. Customers and the companies featured on our site love it.

Are you satisfied with their performance?

We love everything about the work that DevPocket did for us.

Is there anything unique or special about DevPocket that really makes them stand out compared to other business partners?

They were really the first company we hired to do any development work. The communication is great. I communicate solely with Michael [Bogorad, founder and CEO at DevPocket]. He is on point all hours of the day. He answers very quickly. He makes sure we know what’s going on. There’s never any lost communication between us. It’s a very smooth process.

No. I really can’t think of anything.

We already do that.

Mobile App Development for IT Development Company

"The DevPocket team is a group of top professionals when it comes to iOS development. No other engineering team would come close."

The client first hired DevPocket for backend iOS app development before extending the scope of the agency’s involvement to include maintenance and updates.

CEO, IT company

DevPocket is a valuable partner for the client. The agency fulfilled all requests, met all expectations, and had no trouble meeting deadlines. The client praises DevPocket for their communication and collaboration and recommends them to others.

Please describe your organization. What is your role and responsibilities?

I’m the co-founder of an app development company.

What was your goal for working with DevPocket?

We were looking for an agency to develop an iOS app for us. We have experience with app development, but we wanted an outside developer to help us with some of the backend of the app.

We provided them UX [user experience] and UI [user interface] and everything for them to start the development. They were in charge of the entire development process. We had the concept, but they did all of the programming for the project. They also helped us with some aspects of the user experience of the app. Michael [Bogorad, the founder and CEO at DevPocket] was very helpful in explaining what we could do and things that we could change in order to make a stronger app.

What was your process for selecting DevPocket with which to work?

DevPocket came highly recommended. I knew them before starting the project, and it was an obvious choice to work with them.

Can you give a sense of the size of the initiative in dollar terms or a personnel work-hour figure?

The size of the project was around $50,000.

When was the work completed?

Our partnership with DevPocket is ongoing. The first version of the app is completed, but we’re working on maintenance. We’ll use DevPocket for anything we implement in the future.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

We launched the app a few weeks ago, so I don’t have any metrics to share yet. However, we were featured in the Huffington Post. That was great publicity for the app. The app already has users, but we don’t have user feedback yet.

Are you satisfied with their performance?

I’m completely happy with everything that DevPocket did for us. The communication and collaboration was great. Everything was perfect.

The DevPocket team is a group of top professionals when it comes to iOS development. No other engineering team would come close. They’ve been doing it for many years. They have very good connections. They know all the obstacles and hidden things that I wouldn’t think about.

I don’t think so. I’m happy with everything.

They were always on time. They were waiting on us.

Mobile App Development for iTrace

"We’re very happy with the product that DevPocket allowed us to create. I was very lucky to find DevPocket."

The client first hired DevPocket for end to end development services before extending the scope of the agency’s involvement to include maintenance and updates.

San Francisco Bay Area
CFO, iTrace

DevPocket contributed to an effective and well-received app that’s been featured in the Apple Store several times. The client praises the agency for their technical expertise. There were no complaints for DevPocket and the agency is recommended to others.

Our company is iTrace. We created an app that teaches handwriting to kids.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I am the CFO.

What was your goal for working with DevPocket?

I had an idea for an app. I have two kids and one of them was beginning to want to learn how to write, so I looked for an app that would teach him handwriting. I didn’t find anything good and decided to create one myself.

The DevPocket team did everything except for coming up with funding. DevPocket developed the app end to end. The idea for this app was mine, but the actual concept of what it would look like and how it should work was worked out with them. They developed, tested, launched, and maintain the app.

What was your process for selecting DevPocket with which to work?

I met Michael [Bogorad, the founder and CEO of DevPocket] before, and we had interesting conversations about business and app development. Michael seemed like the right person to talk to about this project. I initially just wanted to come up with the concept. Then, I found out that he has a company [DevPocket] that does exactly that. Since the concept was so good and he put so much of his thinking into it, it just made sense for us to partner with DevPocket for the project. Partnering with anybody else would not make sense.

The size of the project was in the $200,000 to $500,000 price range.

When was the work completed?

The app has launched, but out our partnership with DevPocket is ongoing. They maintain and update the app for us.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

The project has been very successful. [The app was] featured in the Apple Store several times. We also got approached by the government of Sweden who wanted to license the product for the entire country.

The most important endorsement that we got almost immediately after our launch was from a teacher who teaches kids with learning disabilities. She said this is great because we have the functions for left-handed kids, which didn’t exist anywhere else. She thought it was the best thing. We’re very happy with the product that DevPocket allowed us to create.

The word that comes to mind is tact. Michael is the only person that I dealt with, and he would estimate when things would get done, and he would always be right. He always knew in advance how long something would take. That blew me away. I was new to the business, and I was very lucky to find DevPocket.

What advice would you give to future clients of theirs?

The best advice that I can give is trust them. They are experts. They know what they are doing.

No. The project is very successful. We’re both fathers, so there is some great personal satisfaction from it, and the app is doing a lot of good.

I do that all the time.