We Create Memorable Digital Experiences

Devfusion is a full service software design and development firm located in the heart of Toronto. We are pioneers in disruptive technology, with a core focus on Mobile and Web Applications. With a young, creative, Canadian team, we strive to collaborate with our clients to create truly memorable digital experiences. Whether you are startup or Enterprise, we have the resources and price-point to service your mobile requirements.

Toronto, Canada
    675 Cochrane Drive
    Markham, ON L3R 0B8
    1800-315-8144

Trakit App

TRAKiT is an easy to use mobile application that automatically records your daily travel activity using your smartphone sensors and user defined settings. Just set it up and go about your daily routine. Seeing your everyday travel activity will help you make sustainable travel choices that can improve your health and well-being, while doing some good to the environment.

Scoutt

Finding the perfect location for a photoshoot can be tricky and is even more of a challenge if you’re constantly looking for new spots to shoot. Scoutt is an interactive mapping service crowdsourced by photographers to scout out interesting locations around the world for fellow shooters.

Bgon App

bgon is a trading app where students can buy stuff and sell stuff exclusively within their school community.List what you no longer need, and find what you do.

PT 10 Life

Physiotherapy Inc. is a Startup based out of Toronto. Co-Founded by 3 certified Physiotherapists, the firm’s primary objective is to help individuals diagnose and treat their specific physiotherapy related medical issues. With years of experience in the space, the Co-Founders of Physiotherapy Inc are well poised to distill their learnings to the masses, and disrupt the Physiotherapy industry.

X Club

The X Club nightclub, bar and lounge is Ontario’s most elegant on premise nightclub catering to upscale couples, single females and pre screened / approved single males (over 25 years of age).

iTaxi

After Uber disrupted ride hailing, ITAXI acted quickly to innovate and protect their market share. The ITAXI app is a mobile dispatching system with GPS tracking that helps drivers match with riders.

Mobile App & Website Development for Headphone Company

"I am very satisfied with the results. Devfusion delivered above-and-beyond."

Fall 2016 - Ongoing

Devfusion created a web platform and complementary mobile apps (Android and iOS) to support headphone functionality. They now provide follow-up tweaks when needed.

Founder, Headphone Manufacturer

Through Devfusion’s proactive communication and impressive workflow, all deliverables arrived on time and within the proposed budget. The team’s desire to meet technical requirements continues to promote viable solutions.

We’re a startup headphone manufacturer with a team of five people.

What challenge were you trying to address with Devfusion?

We needed to build a website and mobile applications for our products. We didn’t want to get involved in the nitty-gritty of this process, so we approached Devfusion and gave them the whole scope.

Devfusion has provided UI/UX design and development for Android and iOS, as well as for our website. The apps are used for volume control and other functions.

How did you come to work with Devfusion?

We performed Google searches, asked for quotations from quite a few vendors, and, based on our discussions, selected Devfusion. We wanted everything to be done at a fast pace, within a four-month timeframe, and it worked out perfectly.

How much have you invested with Devfusion?

The cost of Devfusion’s work was CA$70,000 [$50,000].

We started working with Devfusion around six months ago, in the fall of 2016. They’ve delivered what we requested and are continuing with incidental follow-ups. The website is set to launch shortly.

I am very satisfied with the results. Devfusion delivered above-and-beyond.

How did Devfusion perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve been very proactive in terms of responses, and the communication was easy. The app was delivered within our timeframe and budget. There were multiple occasions when we thought of something as a team and reached out to Devfusion’s project manager late at night. We would receive a response, and action would be taken immediately. There was great project management handling from their end. Our contact person did change, but that wasn’t an issue. Devfusion told us beforehand.

What did you find most impressive about Devfusion?

Their availability and follow-up have been very impressive.

Are there any areas Devfusion could improve?

There are always areas of improvement, and that’s something that Devfusion needs to act on as a growing company.

They kept their word.
    I’ve worked with a few developers from India in the past, and I was not content at all. Devfusion’s quality of work is very good.
    I’ve recommended Devfusion to a couple of people already.

Mobile App Development for Limo Service

"Devfusion's performance was quite satisfying. They were helpful when it came to the app development part."

Summer 2016 - Ongoing

Devfusion built a mobile application for both iOS and Android platforms. Additionally, they assisted with developing a marketing strategy for the apps.

Owner, Limo Service

The applications were delivered on time and met all expectations. Devfusion often provided helpful assistance throughout the development process. Their hands-on approach was much appreciated.

We are a limousine company and I am the owner.

What challenge were you trying to address with Devfusion?

I needed to develop an Uber-style app to enter the market.

Devfusion designed and developed my app for Android and iOS. They also provided consultation for the marketing and publication of the app. Devfusion was helpful in making me understand how app development works.

How did you come to work with Devfusion?

Devfusion was referred to me by a colleague. I gave them a call and started the collaboration.

How much have you invested with Devfusion?

The price range was between $100,000 and $120,000.

I started working with Devfusion six months ago. They continue to provide maintenance for the app.

Devfusion's performance was quite satisfying. They were helpful when it came to the app development part. I've tried a few other companies for the project, but they weren't as helpful as Devfusion. The industry is very competitive when it comes to app development, but based on my experience, Devfusion stands out.

How did Devfusion perform from a project management standpoint?

Devfusion was very good in this regard. The project was completed on time, and Devfusion actually sat down with me and explained how the development process works. They were easily approachable most of the time.

What did you find most impressive about Devfusion?

I appreciated the hands-on approach. I come from a background which is unrelated to app development. After working with Devfusion, I've come to know the terminologies and how everything works.

Are there any areas Devfusion could improve?

No. It was a good experience working with Devfusion.

I've already recommended Devfusion to a few people.

Application Development for Real Estate Construction Company

"I like how personable Devfusion is and how they seem to understand our needs even before we state them."

July - Dec. 2016

Devfusion did full-scale design and development of Android and iOS applications, including initial framework.

Melvin Phillip
Marketing Manager, O.P. Real Estate

Devfusion's team provided rapid response throughout the engagement, immediately responding to addressing issues. The application has performed well, receiving perfect user-ratings thus far.

I work as an IT manager for OB Real Estate, a construction company that typically builds condos and apartments.

What challenge were you trying to address with Devfusion?

The initial business challenge with Devfusion was for application development. We wanted to create a customizable app that allowed customers to look at the ongoing construction of their condos and communicate their design preferences.

Devfusion handled everything about the app, from the framework to the design. Once we tested and decided on the framework, we started developing buttons so clients could access their construction customization. For instance, two clients have submitted requests to change their tiling, and we received their requests within five minutes. Devfusion built the app for Android and iOS.

How did you come to work with Devfusion?

We found Devfusion through Google searches and data analytics. Devfusion had a lot of good reviews and they were our first option, actually. I had a good conversation with their technical project manager who seemed to understand how we wanted our clients to be able to see the ongoing construction.

How much have you invested with Devfusion?

We have invested around $150,000 with Devfusion.

We started working together about eight months ago. I believe they delivered the app about five months after that. We still work with them whenever we have issues with the app. Also, we’re considering bringing them on for another project.

We’ve been pleased with them since the first testing phase. Whenever our customers send in a request or use the app, we always ask them to rate it at the end of their interaction. So far, all of our customers, 55 of them, have given us 10 out of 10 ratings. None of our clients has had any issues with the app.

How did Devfusion perform from a project management standpoint?

One of the best parts of collaborating with Devfusion is their communication. For example, late one night we decided we wanted to make changes to some of the app’s buttons, so I sent a message to the project manager. She got back to me within two minutes. That was the first time I realized they were putting everything they had into this project. They’ve been prompt in their responses and services every day since then. We haven't had any server maintenance issues, but if we did, I’m sure they would be just as prompt in responding to us.

What did you find most impressive about Devfusion?

I like how personable Devfusion is and how they seem to understand our needs even before we state them. I felt as if I’d known their project manager a long time after only speaking with him a few times. He understood what I wanted and the execution I was seeking. The project didn't feel like it was just two businesses working on something together.

Are there any areas Devfusion could improve?

I don't have any complaints with Devfusion as of now, and I believe it will stay like that. I don't feel like there are any areas for improvement. They did a good job for us.

I’d really like to give Devfusion a 5.5.
    We’ve been happy with Devfusion so far.
    I already have recommended Devfusion to others.

Mobile Application Development for Research Firm

"Devfusion handled project management well, especially for a startup."

Summer - Fall 2016

Devfusion developed and designed reporting applications on both Android and iOS platforms.

Program Manager, Research Firm

The completed applications were high quality and came in at a great price. Devfusion met all deadlines and was communicative throughout the project. Although a young company, Devfusion performed remarkably well.

We are a research firm offering business users access to intelligence through our platform. We aim to be as fast and flexible as possible, offering executives and business analysts real-time contextual information through a cloud solution which combines enterprise and analytics capabilities in a single integrated format. I am a program analyst for the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Devfusion?

We required an app which could provide us with user experience reports in a more interactive manner. We also required comparative usability test reports as well, as this is an aspect which is gaining ground in our industry.

Devfusion has provided Android and iOS development and design. We were not heavily involved in the project, beyond a day-to-day correspondence via email and phone. We approved designs beforehand, and it did take Devfusion a couple of tries to get them right, but they did. This is normal for our business.

How did you come to work with Devfusion?

Devfusion approached us initially through a cold-calling program when we were interested in a collaboration. One of our executives used to work with their company and knew that they were smart, capable individuals. Their pricing was also good, so we brought Devfusion onboard.

We started working with Devfusion 8-9 months ago. Our project ended one month ago, and we don't have any current contracts with Devfusion.

Through the app developed by Devfusion, we have been able to perform industry-specific user experience research. Our vendors can gain insight into reports of research methodologies and evaluation tools. This is a valuable advantage, given that dealing with hard numbers can be complicated. The app has simplified this to an extent, while also helping identify usability programs in user interface designs. This involved the examination of a UI [user interface], with the app judging the compliance to usability principles. Standardized usability checklists were included, which proved helpful for our users.

The app has only been live for a month, so we don't have a lot of feedback for it. What we've received has been positive. The app has proved useful in its 3 areas, allowing us to evaluate how well our clients can complete tasks on a set of competing services and products, determining which aspects of the product performed better than others.

How did Devfusion perform from a project management standpoint?

Devfusion handled project management well, especially for a startup. As soon as they received the contract, Devfusion performed well regarding meeting deadlines, engagement, and providing good quality of work. It was easy to communicate with them and relay what we wanted the app to be about. We have gone through a couple of tries, which is the case with almost any project, but it was easy for Devfusion to understand what we wanted. They were in constant communication with us, corresponded on a daily basis at times, and weren't afraid to ask us what we wanted. This can be a problem, especially with younger teams like the one from Devfusion.

What did you find most impressive about Devfusion from other providers?

What makes Devfusion unique in the industry is the reasonable price, compared to other projects we've run, and to the nature of our app. Another differentiator was Devfusion's ability to communicate and understand what we wanted. They took the time to look at our industry and cater to our needs from that perspective. By the end of the project, I estimate that Devfusion knew as much as we did about our field. I've never seen that kind of hands-on approach.

Are there any areas Devfusion could improve?

Because Devfusion is a new company, and because I've only dealt with them once, I couldn't say. There could be room for improvement, but Devfusion performed well during our contract, meeting all deadlines and delivering what was needed.

Overall Score The overall experience was quite good. Devfusion is an up-and-coming company.
    We never had a problem with deadlines.
    Devfusion's pricing is really good. I don't know how they achieved it, but it was much better than what we've seen in the rest of the industry.
    From what I've seen so far, the quality was good.
    I am recommending them now.

Application Development for Event Management Company

"Devfusion had a very smooth process and good customer service."

July - November 2016

Devfusion developed an application for internal and external communication on both iOS and Android platforms, including a backend server.

Robin Paul
Director, Vantage Forums

The finished product was high quality and came in at a great price. Devfusion offered ongoing communication and superb customer service throughout the project.

We arrange large conferences of all types, taking care of clients, event scheduling, locations, and so on. I am responsible for meeting with clients and helping them out with conference locations, timing and everything else related to scheduling.

What challenge were you trying to address with Devfusion?

To be competitive in our market, we needed a platform that would help us communicate with clients and even internally, within the company. Since technology is moving, we needed to build a mobile application for this purpose.

Devfusion developed our Android and iOS mobile application, including its server backend, which has allowed us to remain in charge of the platform.

How did you come to work with Devfusion?

We researched a couple of firms in Toronto and found Devfusion. I initially met a couple of people from Devfusion, talking about our issue. Using their expertise, Devfusion guided me towards what I needed from the application, how it would be built, who would be working on it, and so on. Devfusion showed me how it would be done, and how I'd be kept in the loop throughout the process. It was a very good experience.

How much have you invested with Devfusion?

The cost of our project was between $60,000 and $120,000.

Our project had a 4-and-a-half-month duration. Since they did develop our application, we wanted to keep Devfusion in the loop. We remain in touch whenever we have an issue or any new requirements.

There were some bugs to sort out along the way, but the end-product was remarkable. I really liked it. We first received a prototype which, although not completely functional, showed us what the app would actually do. I was satisfied with all the builds we received.

How did Devfusion perform from a project management standpoint?

We had an initial communication problem, but, when I went through the documentation, I realized that there had been an error on our end. Other than this, it was a very smooth process from A to Z. Deliveries were made in good time and within a good price range.

I was in touch with one project manager from Devfusion, who picked up my calls at any time when I had an issue. Although I wasn't in touch with the developers and designers very much, our project manager knew everything that was going on. Devfusion provided good customer service, with no communication problems at all.

What did you find most impressive about Devfusion?

The price, compared to the market, is better. Devfusion had a very smooth process and good customer service. Our project manager had all the necessary information from the developers, so there were no delays.

Are there any areas Devfusion could improve?

The initial process was very nice, and so was the development and design. We didn't have any negative experiences. This was my first interaction with a development team, and I was very impressed.

Devfusion was amazing in this respect. I've run into companies which charged a fortune.
    The quality was good.
    Depending on the person's budget, I would recommend Devfusion. They are a competitive force in the market.

Web Application Development for Medicinal Product Delivery Service

"Our app was completely fine, but we ran into unnecessary problems because of Devfusion and wasted an enormous amount of time..."

0.5

Summer - Oct. 2016

Devfusion was tasked with the front-end and backend development of a web application for the client's platform. They also assisted with design aspects.

Founder, Medicinal Product Delivery Service

The final application works fine, but the process was unsatisfactory according to the client. They found Devfusion to be largely unresponsive throughout the engagement and that delivered pieces of the project had many errors.

Our company provides patients with government-regulated medical marijuana cards, for cases of cancer, motion sickness, headaches, migraines, depression, anxiety, and so on. We connect users to dispensaries, helping them get the medication in 15 minutes or less, and also connect to healthcare providers able to prescribe it. We provide a free-to-use application and take a percentage off of dispensary and delivery fees.

I am the founder of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Devfusion?

We needed to develop the backend and front-end that would make our software possible.

Devfusion developed the front-end and backend of our web app, also taking care of the design aspects based on our vision.

How did you come to work with Devfusion?

We found Devfusion through the internet.

How much have you invested with Devfusion?

The cost of our project with Devfusion was between $6,000 and $7,000.

We started working with Devfusion 4 months ago. Our application was finished 3-4 weeks ago.

Our app was completely fine, but we ran into unnecessary problems because of Devfusion and wasted an enormous amount of time, leading us to almost cease the contract.

How did Devfusion perform from a project management standpoint?

Devfusion was communicative, but also ignored us on purpose at times, in my opinion. There would be periods of days when we didn't hear from Devfusion, only for them to reappear, giving us apologies, which I didn't care about. I found the attitude to be disrespectful at points, especially considering that we paid them thousands of dollars.

What did you find most impressive about Devfusion?

Devfusion completed the project well and I like the results, but it took way longer than necessary.

Are there any areas Devfusion could improve?

Devfusion would send me results without checking them themselves. We found bugs and had to send it back, which prolonged the matter. I requested to Devfusion that they check the work themselves numerous times, but they never did. The ultimate quality is good, however.

I would give 0 to be honest.
    Mostly because I don't know many other developers.

Web Development for E-commerce Startup Platform

"Devfusion collaborated with us, providing recommendations based on their experience with startups."

Dec. 2014 - 2015

Devfusion assisted the client in the development of an e-commerce website, integrated with shipping automation and invoicing. They also developed an internal iOS application.

Ali Khan
Co-founder, Indorso

Devfusion's communication and collaborative approach to the project are appreciated by the client. They were prompt in addressing issues and answering questions.

We provide a retail platform focused on products from innovators. After they've completed Kickstarter or similar campaigns, we bring them onto our platform and allow early adopters to endorse the products. We create online stores that allow sharing referral links for products on social networks.

I am a co-founder of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Devfusion?

We initially outsourced our product and had some challenges with the process, the biggest one being that our partner at the time was messing up designs. We tried to approach a local developer and came across Devfusion. They had a decent portfolio and we liked their team.

We chose Python as the platform's technology and started the work with our group in India. Devfusion was asked to continue their work, but thinking back, we should have taken their recommendation of using PHP. The website itself has an HTML frontend.

Devfusion developed our e-commerce website. Once it took off, we worked with them on integrations for shipping automation, invoicing, and so on. Following this, Devfusion developed an internal iOS app for collaboration and shipment automation.

Devfusion also worked on reporting and analytics, helping us get more data about our site.

How did you come to work with Devfusion?

We made Google searches and looked through different directory listings. We visited different companies in Toronto and had meetings with them. Devfusion was decently-priced and we also liked their team.

How much have you invested with Devfusion?

This information is confidential.

We first approached Devfusion at the end of 2014. Our platform was launched in 2015.

The most important thing for us was that the project was delivered on time. It was a substantial improvement to our work with the team in India.

Devfusion collaborated with us, providing recommendations based on their experience with startups. We took those opinions and recommendations seriously, and this proved successful. We've attracted funding from angel investors.

The platform did go down a couple of times because of excess load, but Devfusion was able to fix the issue promptly.

How did Devfusion perform from a project management standpoint?

Devfusion is good in terms of communication. Their project manager is always in touch with us.

What did you find most impressive about Devfusion?

We received the product that we were expecting, but more importantly, Devfusion collaborated with us, taking the role of a Chief Technology Officer for our company. Devfusion gave us an understanding of what other players on the market were doing, which was helpful.

Are there any areas Devfusion could improve?

We thought that we had enough code written by our previous team in order to justify sticking with Python, even though Devfusion recommended PHP. Had they pushed us a little more in that direction, the result would have been better. Python isn't the best language for an e-commerce web application. We were at the beginning of the relationship, so I can understand Devfusion's position.

Devfusion is more expensive than our Indian team, but that's understandable.

Application Development for Student Selling Platform

"Devfusion was perfect regarding pricing, and they were very accommodating in meeting with us."

May 2016 - Ongoing

The client tasked Devfusion with the development of an iOS and Android application, along with ongoing development work.

Toronto, Canada
Mackenzie Scott
CEO, Bgon App

The client is very pleased with the project management of Devfusion along with their ability to meet milestones. Although there were communication issues, the client recommends Devfusion due to their development skills.

Bgon is a mobile app allowing students to make trades within college campuses. I am the chief executive officer and founder of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Devfusion?

We were trying to find a shop local to our office, allowing us to build out our app in a timely fashion, as well as fit our capital and financial needs.

We had completed the design work with another company, before approaching Devfusion. They handled all development work for iOS and Android, and completed the launch for both platforms successfully, by our due dates. We have also hired Devfusion to work as a dedicated developer for ongoing work.

How did you come to work with Devfusion?

There are many development firms located in Toronto, especially uptown. Devfusion was a local, smaller shop, who fit both our location needs and financial ones.

How much have you invested with Devfusion?

The initial cost of our development work was $30,000. We also have signed-on for 6 months of additional development, at the cost of $27,000.

We started working with Devfusion in May 2016. We've contracted them for extended work.

We didn't have any set metrics, but Devfusion hit all our milestones successfully. If there would be a delay, for whatever reason, we weren't left hanging, but told in advance. We'd usually be talking about a few days' time.

How did Devfusion perform from a project management standpoint?

One of the main reasons for sticking with Devfusion was their project management. They actually moved to Toronto, which negated the original factor for choosing Devfusion. We stuck around for further work because of our project manager. He has been very communicative and worked around the clock to ensure that all of our requirements would be met. We used Basecamp as a project management tool.

What did you find most impressive about Devfusion?

I found Devfusion to be personable. We never felt that we were working with a big corporation. I never had to wait for a long time to hear back from Devfusion. I was able to see the work actually being done, and was updated to the fullest degree when speaking with Devfusion.

Are there any areas Devfusion could improve?

Devfusion could utilize project management tools a bit more. Towards the end, we didn't hear so much from our developers and mainly stayed in touch with the project manager. I know that that's not really their job, but I did want to know that we'd be finishing with the same people with whom we started the work. Basecamp would have allowed us to see when developers are added in and taken out. It was only a small factor for us, and signing on with Devfusion for additional work means that they've done their job well enough.

Communication isn't Devfusion's strong suite. This was our first time delving into the tech space, but Devfusion has launched hundreds of applications. I appreciated their expertise, so Devfusion should not wait for us to find out about user experience issues.

Overall Score Overall, I don't have any complaints. Devfusion was perfect regarding pricing, and they were very accommodating in meeting with us. They're great people, on top of their work.
    I listed Devfusion as a reference recently, after being asked about developers.