Helping Businesses build Modern Software Products

Bronze

Devathon delivers great products. We can design and develop products for web, mobile and wearable platforms. We cover all aspects of product building such as design, development and deployment. We work with funded startups, growing businesses and serious entrepreneurs. We have also worked with Enterprise clients on building modern offerings.

We promise a high quality, fast-paced and transparent experience. We have a modern engagement style – live dashboard, weekly demos, collaboration platform, etc. Our pricing is competitive. We are perhaps 60th percentile in pricing, but 99th percentile in quality and professionalism. You will enjoy working with us!

We have built software for companies backed by the world's leading investors like Betaworks, Greylock, Andreessen Horowitz, Accel, KPCB, Lightspeed and many more.

There are many success stories among the startups we have worked as technology partner with. For example:

1. We built Dote Shopping from scratch, took it from 0 to 25k DAUs before it went on to win the prestigious ‘Planet of the Apps’ & raised $7.2 million from Lightspeed Venture Partners.
  2. We have worked as technology partners of Ideel, which was USAs top company in the space of flash sales of designer brands It had millions of users and had raised over $100MM before being acquired by Groupon.
  3. We built the entire web layer for Bookish.com, which was a joint venture between Penguin, Hachette, Simon & Schuster.

Our usual technology stacks:

• Backend - Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, AWS
  • Databases - MySQL, DynamoDB, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Amazon RDS, etc.
  • Web Frontend - AngularJS, VueJS, ReactJS
  • Mobile apps - React Native, iOS (Swift), Android native

Visit our website or drop us an email at [email protected]

Hyderabad, India
  • Hyderabad

http://www.doteshopping.com/ (winner of planet of the apps)

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/bookish (joint venture between Penguin, Hachette, Simon & Schuster)

UnitedHealthcare (https://www.uhc.com/)

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/ideeli (had millions of users and had raised over $100MM before being acquired by Groupon)

Superble

Superble is a free discovery chat app where you can: - Find and choose the products you like - Ask directly the people who share your same interests.

Discovered.us

Discovered is an online marketplace where artisans from upcoming countries directly sell their handmade goods & gifts you’ll love.

Dote Shopping

Dote Shopping is revolutionizing mobile shopping. We make an awesome app that lets our users shop from the best brands with one-tap from their phones.

Web Dev for Travel Site

"Devathon's lead is a straightforward guy and they always figured out creative solutions to whatever we were trying to do. "

Devathon created a landing page for a travel site’s marketing experiment, optimizing and incorporating Vine videos and enabling Twitter sharing. They also updated and reorganized the site for each new campaign.

Creative Director, Travel Site

Straightforward answers and few objections to requests are Devathon’s strong points. They can always figure out a creative solution to what’s requested, and the campaign they helped run was hugely successful. Though they sometimes needed clear and firm deadline reminders, they were always reliable.

My company is a travel booking website for hotels. We build a lot of our own platforms, and we work with dozens and dozens of partners across the world. I’m the creative director for our partnership marketing. I guide and create a lot of the marketing that goes out between us and our partners.

What challenge were you trying to address with Devathon?

We were working with some of our partners to do a large social media campaign using Vine. We wanted to use Vine at the time because it was a newer platform that a lot of people hadn't experimented with, and we were using that and tying everything to Twitter. We were basically setting up a big landing page to encourage people to enter and win a prize. We needed Devathon to create the landing page while we dealt with the social media.

The landing page had eight videos on it. Each one would play through for about six seconds and then stop, and then the next one would play, kind of like a clock. We hosted all of those videos on our Vine account, but Devathon helped us get them on Vine in the correct dimensions and then they pulled them from Vine through to the landing page. Once users reached they landing page, they clicked their favorite video and entered the contest. Afterward, they had the option to share the video to Twitter.

Devathon didn't have a ton of creative input. We provided them some mockups and showed them some other examples of how we wanted everything to look. They said yes to almost every request, with little to no resistance. They were always able to figure out how to do what we asked of them. I know there were some concerns when we were building the project, and some of it wasn't as easy. I think we also updated a few things.

How did you come to work with Devathon?

I had a friend who worked with Devathon before. I trusted her, so I thought we’d give them a go and see how it went.

How much have you invested with Devathon?

We probably did four campaigns with Devathon, and each one cost around $1,000.

Each campaign took anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks. The first one probably took closer to 4 weeks, and then after that it only took us about 2 weeks to reproduce everything and change out the elements for a new partner.

Our partners absolutely loved Devathon’s work. We had tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of entrants through the project, so it did really well.

How did Devathon perform from a project management standpoint?

Devathon did really well from a project management standpoint. I think there were a few slip ups with timing on both sides. We weren’t clear on our deadlines and how we wanted something to work. When you're working with someone who’s not in the same office as you, it’s a little harder to make all of that work. As far as reliability, Devathon always gets the work done. There was no pushback, and the quality of the final product was amazing.

We would jump on calls every now and then to talk about how the project was going and what the progress update was. Email was the second way we communicated, and then the third way was Trello boards where we listed tasks and then sort of moved projects along by marking what was up for review and what was finished. We did a lot of communicating that way too.

What did you find most impressive about Devathon?

I think Tarun leads almost everything at Devathon. He’s a great guy and he’s straightforward with what he thinks they can and cannot do. I think the best thing about them was their lack of pushback. I’m sure if we had asked for something completely outrageous, Tarun would have said something because he’s a straightforward guy, but they always figured out creative solutions to whatever we were trying to do.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Devathon?

I would recommend that future clients make sure that Devathon is clear about deadlines, what they think the actual deadline is going to be for them, how much work is going to be involved, and being thorough on the QA process as well. We definitely refined our process over the four projects we worked on together. We watched each other grow over time; there were a ton of improvements on both sides. It wasn’t a real issue for us in the end, but I know that when we first started, we had a few little hiccups, but both our sides picked it up and we evolved together.

Overall Score By the end of our work together, we had learned a lot about each other, and working with them was pretty seamless.
    We didn't miss any major deadlines, but we definitely had to push back on when we thought we were going to be finished. Luckily, we had given ourselves breathing room. Devathon picked it up a lot toward the end, and it wasn't much of an issue.
    Devathon was always honest on price, and I don't think we ever had an issue with what they were charging.
    Devathon was spot-on with everything.
    I’d recommend Devathon for sure.

Android Dev for Consumer Product Platform

"The feedback we've received from early adopters is very positive in terms of usability, speed, and responsiveness."

June 2015 - Dec. 2016

Devathon created an Android proof-of-concept MVP, translating a broad marketing idea into a testable mobile app. The full-stack team offered expert feedback to ensure a feasible development cycle.

Singapore
Nicolo Robba
Founder, Superble

Since the platform’s launch 2 months ago, it now reaches 200 users per day. Devathon’s stable deliverables and satisfactory project management contributed to a successful product, although more structured communication could have expedited the workflow.

Superble is a marketing and social community platform that enables users to discover products by interacting with each other. Someone with specific questions about a product can locate it on our platform, along with people ready to answer those questions. I am the founder and CEO of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Devathon?

I approached Devathon at the very beginning of my journey. I only had a concept and wanted to develop a mobile application for testing it with real people. Since I wasn’t a developer, I needed to create a minimum viable product [MVP] for my platform.

Initially, Devathon developed an Android application. We didn't want to develop on more than one platform since that was not necessary for testing the concept. From there, we decided on the development language and other factors. First, I defined feature requests for the app. Devathon assigned a team consisting of a product manager and three developers for putting it together, including an architect, a backend resource, and a frontend resource. Devathon didn't have a large involvement in terms of business requirements. They developed whatever I asked for. Devathon definitely contributed by providing feedback on the feasibility of each feature and how difficult it would be to create.

Key features include the ability to upload new products from a mobile device, like and dislike existing ones by swiping right and left on the home feed, and look into the details of certain products by clicking on them. The details page contains a description and related products in the category.

How did you come to work with Devathon?

Devathon was referred to me by a close friend, which is what convinced me to choose the company.

How much have you invested with Devathon?

The cost of Devathon's work was between $40,000 and $60,000 for both development cycles combined.

I started working with Devathon in June of 2015. We've had two major development cycles; the first ended a year later, and the second was completed in December of 2016.

Since the platform was only launched in February of 2017, we haven't accumulated a large user base or seen significant traffic. We have between 100 and 200 daily users at the moment. I'm definitely happy with the platform. It's responsive and performs well. I’ve since put together a team for continued development on it. It's not the same platform now as it was in December of 2016, but it was already quite stable when Devathon delivered it. The feedback we've received from early adopters is very positive in terms of usability, speed, and responsiveness. The same goes for the concept itself.

How did Devathon perform from a project management standpoint?

I can’t complain much in this respect. The initial communication was not that great, but Devathon's overall project management is satisfactory. We never went over by a month for any deadline. I'm fine with this, considering that we changed a few things during the development.

What did you find most impressive about Devathon?

The overall quality of the code was definitely satisfactory, not just for an MVP but also for a public website or application that needs to handle a lot of traffic.

Are there any areas Devathon could improve?

Devathon could improve the level of organization and communication with clients. More regular and structured communication would definitely be beneficial. Also, Devathon's work still needed some curation after deployment in order to be scaled to the next level.

Devathon hasn't met my deadlines precisely.
    I reserve a perfect rating for products that are immediately scalable.
    It would depend on the needs of my friend; in general, I would be very happy to refer Devathon.

Bronze