We craft web applications for great businesses

We are an agile software company founded early 2010 in Buenos Aires City.

We develop high quality software in the latest technologies for companies outsourcing software of any industry in need of enterprise solutions or software products.

Offering a small team of experienced developers we assure an agile process of collaboration and high quality results.

We founded devartis because we are passionate about technology, we see software development as an art and we are challenged not only by doing the right things but also to doing things right.

HTML5 web applications

Consumer web, big data, social apps, CMS and responsive applications. We build cutting-edge web applications that are accessible across many devices.

Enterprise software

CRM, SRM, business process management, eCommerce solutions. From retail, services, mining, trading, we choose the right tool to help your business.

Mobile

Full native experience on iOS, Android and HTML5 for mobile web. We are proficient building for portable devices with constrained hardware and connectivity.

Buenos Aires, Argentina

• Inked Voices
  • The Fan Machine
  • Workana

Software Dev for Software Consulting Firm

"They constantly gave me software to review throughout the project."

Aug. 2017 - Oct. 2017

They assigned two employees to an end product development for a group help cooperative. devartis used technologies such as Python and DJango.

Kevin Klinemeier
Principal, ShipShape Software

They were excellent communicators who understood the specifics and needs of the project. They were able to understand the problem and work quickly and reliably. The project was delivered ahead of schedule and with more features than originally planned.

ShipShape Software does software consulting and custom software development. I’m the principal.

What challenge were you trying to address with Devartis?

We were developing a product for a group help cooperative, and I needed extra developers who could understand the problem and work quickly and reliably.

They used Python and DJango.

There were two developers.

How did you come to work with them?

I worked with Fernando [Cofounder, Devartis] years ago. I knew the kind of team he could create because I remembered the work he did when we were together.

About $6,000.

We started working together in August 2017, and the project is completed now.

The client was happy that we delivered the project ahead of schedule and with more features than originally planned. It enabled them to go into their beta testing right away.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

We worked together with Trello and GitLab. They were excellent communicators who understood the specifics of what I asked them to do, as well as the intent behind it. When there was a problem, not only were they ready to identify the problem, but they also had potential solutions for me to review.

They constantly gave me software to review throughout the project, rather than all at once at the end.

Multiple Websites for Digital Agency Clients

"They are exceptionally strong technologists and they use that strength in delivering creative, innovative work."

Jan. - Mar. 2017

devartis lent frontend and backend resources to develop a custom, forum-based content management system using Django, HMTL, CSS3, and JavaScript. They built it out based on an existing framework and designs.

Miami, Florida
Tim Hawkes
Founder & Principal, t/hawk

devartis consistently delivered despite tight deadlines, and they excel in reliable communication despite time differences. The system they built is robust, accessible, and has garnered positive feedback. Though they could benefit from having a larger team, they were excellent problem solvers.

t/hawk helps businesses innovate throughout their digital customer experiences. Alongside our client partners, we co-create software platforms that connect them to their customers in new and powerful ways that add value, improve conversion and retention, and yield exceptional business returns. I’m the founder and principal.

What challenge were you trying to address with devartis?

Intrepid is a custom-made boat manufacturing company headquartered in Dania Beach, Florida. They needed a new corporate website for the company, featuring a CMS [content management system] engine, a new forum engine, and a new module that allows users to design and preview the appearance of their dream boat (Intrepid's Build a Boat).

I was brought onto the project by the AOR [Agency of Record] for Intrepid who I’ve been working with for quite some time doing digital production as an extension of their team. They manage offline and online stuff for Intrepid.

My company did the design of the whole site from the user experience, visual design, the design direction, and all the production design. I brought devartis in to build it.

Intrepid is an interesting manufacturing case study. Everything they build is handmade and custom, and they’ve got a really long wait time to get the boats. One thing they wanted to do was support that time frame between someone signing the contract and someone taking receipt of their boat. They wanted to be able to have ongoing communication so the owner could see the boat as it’s being fabricated. We built all the tools to support that, where the sales people could send progress reports. That was very well-received by the owners and sales team.

I did a similar size project before this with devartis for an ad agency called Walrus, where we did a site that featured case studies and work for that agency. It was built on the same framework. The only difference was that the Intrepid site has a forum, and we built a social sharing tool for owners of the boats to share images and videos, showing the boats in action.

The application's backend was written using the latest version of the Django web framework and PostgreSQL as the database server. The Build a Boat module was written using HTML5, the CMS pages were built on Django, and the forum was migrated from a .NET platform to Django Machina. They also took care of setting up automated testing as well as the cloud services for the different environments.

The new site was fully responsive and included a mobile version as well, optimized for phones, increasing the accessibility of the site and organic traffic.

There were four designers, a developer, and a project manager. The designers were CSS frontend developers/designers. They essentially took my team’s comps [comprehensive layouts], PSDs [Photoshop Documents], etc. and converted that into a frontend interface using all web standards, including HTML, JavaScript, and CSS3, and they built it out. The rest of the team was for the backend. They were building out the CMS entirely on Django.

How did you come to work with devartis?

I had worked with them in the past on a project I did for an agency for Walrus. I found them in the first place four years ago when I was interviewing different development shops in South America. I did a video conference with them, and they did some smaller test projects for me. I liked what they were doing and I built a relationship with the managing partner, Fernando [Aramendi, Co-founder, devartis]. I gave them the Walrus project when that came about and we had a lot of success.

I’d done other projects with other developers in between Walrus and Intrepid, but this CMS project for Intrepid made sense; it was the right size for devartis. I needed it to be built on a robust web framework. The other ones I’d done were on WordPress, but this needed to be more of an enterprise site.

The project was a fixed bid, so there were no cost-related surprises. The cost of the initial development was just under $42,000, and then there were additional phases that cost around $10,000.

I awarded them the job in December 2016, but we really started in January 2017. We had a hard deadline of March 31, 2017 to get it live. We did some incremental development after that, but that was the primary development timeframe. We are not currently engaged in a project.

I don’t have any metrics. Qualitatively, it’s been a success. devartis managed to deliver the required solution in a timely manner despite a tight schedule, including some last minute changes and features.

They are exceptionally strong technologists and they use that strength in delivering creative, innovative work. When challenges arise (as they always do with technology projects), they tackle them with smart, inspired solutions.

How did devartis perform from a project management standpoint?

devartis is based in Buenos Aires and I’m based in Miami. Working with them has gone fine. It’s been very easy to work across the distance. I haven’t had a problem with proximity, which sometimes you expect with remote teams.

They did a great job. Fernando was my primary contact. We used GitLab to manage all the communications around the sprints, all the QA tickets, etc. All the code was loaded into that, but on top of that was the entire QA ticketing system and ways to communicate. I could see the backlog and see progress. That tool helped with working remotely; I never felt like I was left in the dark. Fernando did a good job of keeping me updated on progress through GitLab and weekly check-ins, where we would do video conferences or calls.

I liked their approach to some of the problem solving that comes with these types of projects. With some developers, it can be very rigid. I approach it in a very creative way, and devartis supported that and were open to brainstorming. They came back with some innovative solutions to some of the challenges.

I was happy. The biggest issue for them was having a big enough team. They have a good-sized team, but I think they’re in the process of scaling.

Overall Score I feel good about all of the ratings. I’ve been doing this for 20 years, and I feel 100% satisfied. devartis delivered on expectations on all fronts: service, quality, value. I would work with them again in a heartbeat.
    devartis was very professional and met all agreed upon milestones on time.
    I was very satisfied with the value received for the price charged. I never felt like costs were creeping.
    devartis provided excellent service and end-product quality. Of course, there are times where it gets challenging, but at the end of the day, they delivered on everything they promised, and they did it in an honest and open way.
    I would refer devartis without hesitation.

Web Development for Writing Workshop

"Clearly, I think they're very good since I've been using them [devartis] for 18 months."

Nov. 2014 - Ongoing

The client hired devartis to build the beta version of their website which included back-end development and front-end work using JavaScript, too.

New York Metro Area
Brooke McIntyre
Owner, Inked Voices

devartis performs well for the client by consistently delivering quality work that meets their expectations. The agency is praised for their approachability, responsiveness, and technical expertise and devartis is recommended to others.

It's a site that helps writers find writing groups, and run those groups online. We're based in Brooklyn, New York.

I'm the founder.

What business challenge were you trying to address with devartis?

I was looking for them to build the beta version of my site.

They did the back-end development of the Web application. They didn't do design, but they did help me find someone for that. There's a proprietary feature in our site that's rendered in JavaScript, so I would say they've done some front-end work too.

How did you come to work with devartis?

I found them through a Django and Python community. I had reached out to a few different firms. I got proposals from devartis and a few others, and after talking to them and reviewing the proposals, I thought they were a good fit.

That information is confidential.

We actually launched the programming piece at the beginning of last January [2015], but I had been talking to them in November and December. I am still currently working with them.

How did devartis perform from a project management standpoint?

Clearly, I think they're very good since I've been using them for 18 months. They're good communicators. I feel like they're very straight with me, in terms of I'm not a person with a strong technical background. They've also helped me prioritize.

They've been very helpful and encouraging of developing something, not with everything out-of-the-box, but with testing features and adding incrementally. I felt like they worked with the best interest of the company as well, not just themselves. We communicate over hangouts, Skype, and email.

I think it's important to be clear about the vision of the work because anybody can work with a list of parameters, but I think you'll get a better output if they understand what you're actual intentions are. They might have a suggestion to make your idea better, and it helps make sure the right technology decisions are made from the start.

What distinguishes devartis from other providers?

The team at devartis is very approachable, nice, responsive and savvy. Anything that I've wanted to do or explore, because I have a lot of ideas for the site, is something that devartis can do. They're also technically really strong, and great people to work with.

Are there areas in which they could improve, or things you might do differently?

I don't think so. We've had some feature fails, but I think our process has been good, and there hasn't been anything notable.