How did you select this vendor?
From past experience. I've worked with Davideo on multiple occasions over a 16 year period and have always been extremely happy with the results.
Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.
The project followed these steps:
1. I provided Davideo with the formal written procedures that needed to be captured, as well as background on the project audience and requirements.
2. Davideo created an initial script/flow and the specific shots needed for the various procedures. I reviewed and edited and returned it to Davideo for final edits.
3. We arranged shooting date/time and I reserved and arranged the facility, required computer equipment, and personnel to be filmed conducting the procedures.
4. Davideo captured the procedures following the formalized shooting script. It is impossible to envision the totality and complexity of a given procedure simply through the shooting script, so during the shooting we would collaborate to modify the script and take new shots as needed in real-time.
Davideo is VERY GOOD at understanding the training audiences' needs and identifying those 'gotchas' that are not properly documented in system collateral. Due diligence was given to ensure the finished product did not leave gotchas unaddressed.
5. Davideo edited the captures and provided initial copies for my review. We would then iterate as needed to get the final versions.
6. Davideo delivered downloadable versions of each produced video which I then uploaded to our learning management system for remote, online viewing.
What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?
Regular email or telephone calls. Davideo was very responsive throughout the project.