Branding without the bullshit

We are a boutique studio specialised in developing meaningfully different brands for small businesses. Our approach is informed by research and sound strategy — not marketing fluff.

Freelancer
2019
Lidköping, Sweden

Passion Motors Image

Passion Motors

Brand strategy, visual identity, and messaging for a U.S.-based auto marketplace start-up.

Creme Carpets Image

Creme Carpets

Strategy, naming, visual identity, messaging, print collateral and signage for an Australian flooring retailer.

Factorion Image

Factorion

Strategy, naming, visual identity, messaging, print and digital collateral design for a Dutch smart industry consultancy.

My Racehorse Image

My Racehorse

Strategy, visual identity, and website design for a Swedish equestrian start-up.

Branding and Digital Marketing for Flooring Company

"...Jon held us to our principals of the name being memorable, short, evocative, and different."

Apr. 2019 - Ongoing

Cult Method developed new branding and positioning after a carpet business changed ownership. Integrating findings from market research, they also crafted a new name that grabbed potential customers attention.

Australia
David Morgan
Managing Director, Creme Carpets

Managing opinions from various internal stakeholders, Cult Method delivered a catchy name and logo. They communicate thoroughly and commit themselves to learning about both their client’s history and competitors. Cult Method’s effective marketing strategy has led to an ongoing relationship.

I am the managing director of Creme Carpets. We are a small carpets and floor coverings business that sells carpets for domestic and small-scale commercial jobs.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cult Method?

We are a boutique shop, and I just purchased the shop from my father a few months ago. The first thing I realized I needed to do was to rebrand and remarket the business completely. I need to grow, and my method of growth works around a new brand and marketing strategy.

We did a market analysis to begin with. Cult Method did research of all the other competitors in my region and an analysis of their marketing to set us up to stand out from the others. We talked about target markets and which markets we wanted to move into rather than where the company had previously been. We then developed a brand strategy and worked through what our purpose and goals were.

They tried to understand who we were as a company, and ultimately developed a new brand, which included development of a logo, color scheme, new name (particularly challenging), market position, and website.

I work directly with Jon (Founder, Cult Method).

How did you come to work with Cult Method?

Jon is a friend of mine. I knew of the work he had done for other personalities and had read his blog online. I realized they were a smart company and that Jon really knew what he was talking about.

I have spent around $25,000 AUD (Approximately $16,870 USD).

We began working with them in April 2019, and the work is still ongoing.

Our name is different and was meant to be short and memorable to differentiate us. I think everyone that is informed of the name remembers it. They don’t necessarily immediately love it, but that wasn’t the intent. The logo on my truck and on the front of the building has been really well-received as well.

How did Cult Method perform from a project management standpoint?

We use email and WhatsApp to communicate. I’ve been able to call him when I need to, whether it’s to check something or just have a quick chat. We’ve also had scheduled Skype meetings, some that go as long as three hours to really work through stuff. We also use Google Drive for sharing files.

Jon is passionate and committed to helping. He goes above and beyond and is professional and meticulous with details and design. Naming is hard, and not only myself, but also my main business partner and the employees had to like the name as well. Getting through that was really hard, but Jon held us to our principals of the name being memorable, short, evocative, and different. I think we landed in a good spot.

Over time, he will get even better because of the experience. We’re both young companies, and it is just seasoning I suppose.

Trust in the process, which can be challenging. Marketing shouldn’t be what you like; it should be what works, which is what Jon told me. Trust in that marketing strategy.