Apps people love to use

We’re hired to digitise business processes, solve tricky engineering challenges, or design and build MVPs. Several global brands, as well as recognised entrepreneurs, have accelerated their digital product delivery with our help over the past 8 years. The ever-expanding list of verticals we work in includes: Telecommunications, IT Security, Education, Publishing, Media (video streaming), Transportation and Real Estate.

2008
    5 Taube Street, office 301
    Omsk, OMS 644043
    Russia
    7.913.666.1205

US Enterprises (Telecom, Security), EU Enterprises (Media, Publishing, Security).

Complex UI for a professional portable device

The client provides a versatile video processing (in post-production) solution to professionals in the entertainment industry. We needed to replace the existing nonportable UI of the client's software with the cross-platform one at the first stage. In addition, our solution must support an internalization, be easily maintainable and extendable, and satisfy the performance and user experience requirements.

Apart from the UI, the business logic that comprises file management, video analysis, and processing needed a lot of further development.

Google Update Backend

According to our customer's request we've implemented Google Update server (as known as Omaha) with a capable admin panel. Every component is scalable and is deployed to Amazon Cloud service by default. Our solution can be used with any custom Chromium build and can be easily integrated into an existing environment to establish a smooth update process.

SaaS+Mobile traceability system

Crystalnix was hired to implement a web-based solution and integrate it with the printers of the production process. The product needed to be developed from scratch that would support quick generating a large number of unique tracking codes which could be then sent to the printer on a production line. The codes are then to be scanned by consumers with their mobile scanner application.

Serverauditor for iOS

Serverauditor is the most innovative SSH client ever designed for a mobile device. With Serverauditor you can easily manage remote servers from your iOS device on the go. By now this app has more than a million downloads.

Available at Apple Store

Mytime London PopUps

Listing the best PopUps in London. As featured in App Store's "Best New Apps" and "Whats Hot" Wired, Shortlist, S Magazine "Top hit of the Week", Telegraph Tech.

Serverauditor for Android

Serverauditor is the most innovative SSH client ever designed for a mobile device. With Serverauditor you can easily manage UNIX/Linux servers from your Android device on the go.

Available at Google Play

Mobile App Design and Wireframes For Network Management Company

"Crystalnix Limited was very modern in their tools and their approach."

Crystalnix Limited designed native customer-facing apps for iOS and Android. Through extensive wireframing and UI/UX design, the team created a plan to be used for later development.

San Francisco Bay Area
VP Business Development, Network Management Company

The interface is modern and user-friendly. Crystalnix Limited distinguished themselves with a meticulous research process, cutting-edge skills, and knowledge of UX trends. The team's entire approach, from information-gathering interviews to fast turnarounds, prioritized quality and efficiency.

We are a networking software and connection services company. We sell services for connectivity, firewall, VPN [virtual private network], and secure connectivity for IT [information technology] applications.

I'm vice president of business development.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Crystalnix Limited?

We were looking to build an enterprise mobile app that would improve our clients' experience accessing their company's networks on the go.

I needed a consumer-facing app with a light, modern, and efficient UI [user interface], and I needed that done natively on both iOS and Android. Our customers already have ways of accessing our services through mobile devices, but we were looking for a way to do it with the precision and user friendliness you get with a mobile app. We wanted people who were using the latest tools on both iOS and Android, and could deliver a very high-quality app. I should say that we have not at this point, actually built the app. This will be a large project, well more than $100,000, and we're still trying to figure out when it makes sense to build it.

However, Crystalnix has gotten us to the point where we are ready to start coding. They've come up with all of the UI concepts based on our user stories and by interviewing us. They've completed all the wireframes, and every screen and choice the user would have has been set out by Crystalnix.

How did you come to work with Crystalnix Limited?

They make an app called Server Auditor, which is a commercially available iOS app. I found it by searching for the number one iOS SSH app. I downloaded it and tried it, and I was impressed. I thought it was a great app, so when we began talking about what developer we wanted to use I thought of them.

If we had completed the app, the total cost would have been around $100,000. Their pricing was reasonable.

The relationship started in 2015 and went on for a couple of months. We decided to put the final execution of the app on hold, due to the cost and the timing. The app is all ready to be coded. If and when we start back up, we will definitely do the app with them. They're top notch.

They took the time to get all the information from us that they needed to do a good job on the user experience design. They built a UI that's clean and is very much in line with cutting-edge iOS and Android apps. They delivered what they committed to, and we were happy with it.

I can't fault them at all. I thought they were great. I would work with them again, and I would recommend them to a colleague or a friend.

What distinguishes Crystalnix Limited from other providers?

I think they were unique. I've worked with plenty of third parties internationally as a part of global organizations. I felt they were extremely proactive in extracting information from us. They would schedule the calls and keep us accountable to give them the user stories and information that they needed to do a good job. I felt that was exceptional about them. If you want a good app, you have to put in a lot of time upfront in the planning stages.

They also turned work around quick. We'd have a conference call and do user stories and, in a day, they would have a wireframe. I felt like whenever we talked with them, they knew about modern software tools and development processes for apps. Some companies do it the way they did it five years ago. Crystalnix Limited was very modern in their tools and their approach. You could tell they had a deep understanding of mobile apps and what the latest thinking was around UX [user experience]/UI, button versus swipe – things like that.

Is there anything Crystalnix Limited could have improved or done differently?

There were some times that they had very specific ideas about how the app should work and, in some sense, they're the experts so we should listen to them but, in another sense, we're the customer and we have the final say.

SaaS Development For IT Services Company

"They deliver quality work at an affordable price."

Jan. 2013 - Ongoing

Using Java and Python, Crystalnix developed a scalable product authentication system. The work also involved technical strategy, infrastructure design, framework design, and security testing.

Auckland, New Zealand
CTO, IT Services Firm

The project was planned and executed with great attention to detail. Crystalnix Limited provided a functional system on a reasonable budget. The team integrated seamlessly into the existing management structure during the project, communicating frequently and immediately addressing concerns.

Please provide a description of your company.

We are a Software as a Service provider. Our platform allows exporters to provide their own product authenticity and provenance, directly to their consumers. We do this by using unique QR [quick response] codes, one per packaged product, and a code generation and scan analysis system.

What is your role at the company?

I'm the CTO.

What was the business challenge that you were trying to address when you approached Crystalnix Limited?

We were looking for a partner that could help us brainstorm the product, build, and refine it. We needed reasonable rates and the ability to do more or less work as the circumstances required.

What were your specific business goals for the project?

A well-designed, maintainable platform that is capable of growth and scale.

What was the scope of the project, and can you describe the specific services provided?

The company was accepted into a business accelerator, and worked with Crystalnix to define our platform and then to create it. Services included technical advice to the company founders; application architecture; infrastructure design (at Amazon Web Services); project management; framework selection (Django); development (python, HTML, and JavaScript); automated testing; and security testing.

What was your process for selecting Crystalnix Limited with which to work?

I wasn’t at the company then, but I understand the initial selection was through the introduction of a board member who was familiar with Crystalnix’s work.

Can you give us a general estimate of the size of the project in dollar terms or personnel work hours?

[I would say] $200,000-$500,000 would be about right.

When did the project begin, and when was it completed?

It began in early 2013, and the first major iteration was completed later this year. Our platform is being continuously examined and improved, and Crystalnix’s involvement is ongoing.

What were the results of the project, and are there any metrics you can share?

It’s still early days for us, but the project has proven to be robust and has performed well.

How did Crystalnix perform?

They performed excellently. The application was well planned and has been implemented without complaint.

When working with them, was there anything unique or special about them compared to other partners with which you may have worked?

Successfully working with an external party has been a new experience for me, so it’s difficult to make comparisons. But, I am very satisfied with the overall experience. They deliver quality work at an affordable price. In addition, as they have a strong presence here in New Zealand, I feel like I can actually communicate with them as I would a member of my own team. It's not a traditional outsourcing relationship in that sense.

Looking back on the project, do you have any constructive criticism? Is there any area that they could improve or you would do differently?

Not really. There are parts of the application that I wish were more clearly documented but, generally, when I’ve felt that way, I’ve located ended up locating external documentation that is reasonably clear. I just didn't know where it was.

Mobile Software Company Outsourced Development

"Crystalnix's work is top-notch. I’m always very impressed with the projects they deliver."

Crystalnix, an offshore developer based in Russia, provides ongoing software development on large projects. The team provides both software development and project management in an ongoing relationship.

San Francisco Bay Area
CEO, Mobile Software Company

Crystalnix developers are great communicators who have a high command of English, which facilitates approachability and builds relationships. Crystalnix develops bigger projects which have high client satisfaction rates. There are no plans to end the 3+ year relationship.

I run a mobile software development company. There are three employees in the company.

I’m the CEO.

What was your goal for working with Crystalnix Limited?

One of the projects that I’m involved in is much larger than our firm can handle alone. So, I’ve managed the project, and we work with Crystalnix developers.

They provide some software development for the project. One of the people I worked with at Crystalnix was a mix of project management and software development, and the other two people I work with there are providing software development work only.

What was your process for selecting Crystalnix Limited with which to work?

Actually I had met Roman [Kudiyarov, Crystalnix COO and co-founder] prior to the project so I already knew I wanted to work with them.

Can you give a sense of the size of the initiative in dollar terms or a personnel work-hour figure?

It was from $50,000 to $200,000 for the project we’re working on now. I’ve worked on another project that was in the $10,000 to $50,000 range. I don’t think we’ve done anything more than $200,000.

When was the work completed?

There’s actually been more than one project. I’m still involved in a project with them right now. I’ve been working on and off with them for three years. I have no plans to stop the partnership.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

Our clients have been satisfied with their work, so that is the only real metric we judge.

Are you satisfied with their performance?

They do great work. I have calls with them every week. I give them certain software development tasks to work on and, usually, they do a very good job getting the results that I’m looking for. Crystalnix's work is top-notch. I’m always impressed with the projects they deliver.

Is there anything unique or special about Crystalnix Limited that really makes them stand out compared to other business partners?

While most of their developers are in Russia, I have worked with other outsourcing companies and the thing that sets them apart is their command of the English language and their ability to sit on a weekly Skype call with me and have conversations where there’s no worry about them misunderstanding what I’m talking about. I feel like I’m talking to another native speaker most of the time. That’s very valuable.

What advice would you give to future clients of theirs?

Don’t be afraid to have virtual face-to-face conversations with them. They are very approachable. I don’t treat them like I treat other offshore companies where I try to write down real detailed specs and send them out and have a lot of communication formality. I fold them into the team that’s working on a project, and I would encourage other people to do the same thing.

Application Development For Tech Startup

"The software we asked them to write was not simple, but they did a great job."

Crystalnix Limited created a cross-plaform software for the Windows and Mac operating systems. The software supports a pen that detects and reads microcodes in books.

Munich, Germany
Software Engineer, Tech Startup

The software operates smoothly with no major flaws. Crystalnix Limited delivered exceptional work, even when working with rigid deadlines and budgets. They were praised for a proactive approach that planned ahead for potential issues and intercepted problems before they compromised workflow.

Please provide a description of your company.

We're a tech startup based in Germany. Our primary product is a pen that can play audio by reading code recognized from a book. For example, a book for kids might have pictures of animals, and you could click them with the pen have it produce the appropriate sounds.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I'm in IT [information technology] development.

What was your goal for working with Crystalnix Limited?

We were looking for a partner with programming skills that could make a cross-platform application that would run on both Windows and Mac.

They wrote all of the software for our product.

What was your process for selecting Crystalnix Limited with which to work?

I've had great experiences in the past working with Eastern European developers. Crystalnix was a great fit for us in terms of the cost and scale they could offer us.

When did the project begin, and is it ongoing?

We began working with them about five years ago, and the relationship is ongoing, which is a testament to our satisfaction with their work.

Do you have any feedback as to the quality of their work?

They've given us fantastic work. The software we asked them to write was not simple, but they did a great job. I was also impressed with their turnaround time. Occasionally, I had to give them a task with a very short deadline, but they always got everything back to me on time.

Their dedication to work is a strong point. When I give them a task, they would think through the scope of the work and try to imagine what could go wrong, and discuss that with me. They were proactive, and I didn't feel like I had to micro manage them, as is the case with many developers.

The consistent quality of their team is also great. They changed developers several times, but we never had a problem losing time as the new people trained.

Sometimes, I think they’ve gotten too expensive for certain projects. I don't go to them for simple jobs anymore.

Initially it was very price effective, but their rates have gone up as their company has grown.

Web Development Consulting For Gundog Creative

"[E]verything from communication to quality to levels of feedback was flawless."

Sept. 2014 - Jan. 2015

Crystalnix Limited provided additional back-end development support for a web application. The team managed all server-side logic and advised on possible improvements to user flows.

Tuscon, Arizona
Austin Heywood
CEO, Gundog Creative

The web app runs perfectly and requires very little ongoing support. Communication with the Crystalnix Limited team was fluid and accessible. They were consistently available for feedback or questions, often responding within the hour.

Please provide a description of your company.

We're a digital agency located outside of Phoenix, Ariz. We offer a number of services including branding, graphic design, front-end development, and online marketing. We specialize in working with small companies and startups, but we also take on larger projects that require us to augment our in-house development teams, which is how we started working with Crystalnix.

I’m the owner.

What was your goal for working with Crystalnix Limited?

We don’t have the capacity to do any server-side development, so we needed to outsource that. For our project with Crystalnix, we delivered a set of front-end code and they built out the back-end.

They didn’t do any of the design or user flows, but they did handle all of the server-side logic. We used Django based on Python, and they were great about commenting on ways to improve our flows if they weren’t where they needed to be.

What was your process for selecting Crystalnix Limited with which to work?

The process was pretty basic. I knew I wanted to outsource the project, and I knew I wanted developers based in Eastern Europe. After that, I found them using my own online research.

It was about $20,000 to $25,000.

What was the timeline of the project, when it started and completed?

The project started in the fall [2014] and wrapped up at the beginning of this year [2015].

Do you have any statistics, metrics the improvement of the deliverable for you or for the client?

The main metric is that the Web app is up and running with little to no continued support required by us, which is fantastic.

Can you talk about the results of the project, how you feel they performed in terms of the quality of the product they delivered?

From start to finish, everything from communication to quality to levels of feedback was flawless. We even went through a lead developer change, which sometimes can be a headache.

Their communication lines are awesome. I can get on email or Skype, and reach them within 12 hours, no problem. Usually they responded within 15 minutes. So, their communication is the best that I’ve worked with.

We use GitHub to track changes and keep up to date with everything. I think a little bit more documentation on their end probably would have been better for our project.