Certified Public Accountants.

Cook Martin Poulson, PC is a regional accounting firm comprised of a team of experienced certified public accountants, staff accountants, paraprofessional, and interns with solid tax and business know-how. CMP is striving to make a difference in people’s lives by developing and growing lasting relationships, providing superior work product in a timely manner.

We use our professional skills to make a difference in you (and your business’) life as we want to be your most trusted business advisor.

1977
Salt Lake, UT
  • 2180 South 1300 East Suite 430
    Salt Lake , UT 84106

Tax Accounting & Consulting for Personal Injury Law Firm

"They’re clearly a team of experts who are smart and know what they’re doing."

Jan. 2020 - Ongoing

Cook Martin Poulson, P.C. provides ongoing tax filing and accounting services for an injury law firm. They make educated recommendations regarding taxes and manage the QuickBooks chart of accounts.

Logan, Utah
Matt Schmoldt
Owner, Creekside Injury Law

Not only does the support from Cook Martin Poulson, P.C. provide peace of mind for the client, but it also alleviates stress regarding tax filing and accounting. Their ability to handle complex subjects and make key suggestions is invaluable, making them a true, reliable partner.

I’m the owner of Creekside Injury Law. We help injured people receive money when they are harmed in an accident.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cook Martin Poulson, P.C.?

They provide accounting and tax services for our firm. I was handling it myself and wasn’t fully confident with all of it, so we wanted a team of professionals to support us.

First off, they’ve provided me with entity formation strategy, specifically about which tax election we should make as an LLC. Our accountant there analyzed our numbers and made a recommendation for which way we should file our taxes. They ensure we’re taking the right deductions and accounting for everything correctly.

They also prepare our QuickBooks chart of accounts, setting up the technical aspects for bookkeeping purposes. As a law firm, we have a trust account for client funds, so they support us with that, too.

I work with two people from their team, including their accountant.

We’re charged hourly, and so far I’d estimate we’ve spent under $5,000.

We started working together in January 2020 and our engagement is ongoing.

They’ve been outstanding for us so far. Working with them gives us great peace of mind, especially since there are many accounting rules I don’t know as a business owner. Secondly, some of the strategies they’ve suggested have helped save me money, which is awesome. It’s also just another task off my to-do list which helps us grow as a company.

How did Cook Martin Poulson, P.C. perform from a project management standpoint?

I’ve been able to get to their location and have face-to-face time to meet their accountant and staff. I’m able to get in touch with them quickly and get great customer service.

They don’t charge for their initial consultation, which is unlike any other firm in my area and makes them stand out. They’re clearly a team of experts who are smart and know what they’re doing.

So far, I haven’t noticed anything they could improve at this point.