Web and Cross-platform mobile app development

CodingSans is a full-stack JavaScript development company creating serverless web and cross-platform mobile applications.

We believe software development works best when the whole process is transparent on both sides. As our customer, you have the right to look into the whole development process and take part in the communication, making sure there is no surprise upon delivery. We make sure that you get a clear view of the state of the development process and welcome any feedback and criticism that arises.

Main Services:

MVP development for startups

Full project delivery (excluding UI design)

Team extension

Cordova

NgRx

Recognitions:

TOP Software Development Company on Clutch

TOP App Development Company in Hungary (https://topappdevelopmentcompanies.com/hu/directory/app-developers/hungary)

TOP European Software Development Company (https://apiumhub.com/tech-blog-barcelona/software-development-companies-europe/)

TOP AngularJS Development Companies (https://medium.com/top-it-firms/top-10-angularjs-development-companies-51db9f5d798e)

Content Editor Dev for Marketing Platform

“Their team was talented and passionate about the work."

Jan. 2017 – Apr. 2018

Hired to support an internal development team, Coding Sans assisted in developing a WYSIWYG editor system.

Andras Fincza
VP of Engineering, Emarsys

The system was launched successfully and received positive feedback from users. As a team, Coding Sans smoothly integrated themselves with an internal team and quickly adjusted to new methodologies.

I’m the VP of engineering for Emarsys, an independent marketing platform. I’m responsible for the quality and culture of our software development.

For what projects/services did your company hire Coding Sans?

We were developing our Visual Content Editor product, a WYSIWYG editor to help clients create and design their campaigns. We needed development assistance to make the product compatible with multiple channels, including email and push notifications.

We needed to boost our internal development team. We wanted the project to strengthen the marketing campaigns our customers create. Ultimately, we were aiming to provide a seamless user experience.

We followed a recommendation from a colleague, and they completed an in-office probation day.

Coding Sans worked alongside our in-house development team and participated in our agile meetings. They created code extensions and integrated them into our editor system. Their team created the plug-ins and applied our test-driven development (TDD) methodology. They used a range of programming languages, including JavaScript and TypeScript. They used Angular.js and React.js for the frontend and Node.js for the backend.

The size of their team fluctuated depending on our needs, but they typically provided over four engineers. They supplied both junior and senior developers.

We were able to release our WYSIWYG editor successfully, and our customers were satisfied with the results they experienced. We haven’t found any bugs in their coding.

We handled all the project management tools, but their team adapted to our methods smoothly and flexibly. Coding Sans worked in our office with our in-house developers and attended the same meetings and planning sessions.

Their team was talented and passionate about the work.

It'd be beneficial if they could provide more senior developers.

Digital Platform Dev for Wealth Management Company

"The stable, reliable system we created together has led to many new opportunities."

Mar. - Dec. 2018

Coding Sans provided expertise in multiple technologies to complete end-to-end development of an automated financial tool.

Balazs Faluvegi
CEO, Blueopes

Paramount to establishing an initial client base, the system Coding Sans created has become a springboard for future growth. The team was eager to grasp the product’s full intent and offered invaluable execution guidance. Flexibility and experience allowed them to easily scale as necessary.

Blueopes is an automated wealth and personal financial management service for asset managers. It uses AI to customize portfolios to user investment goals and value preferences while focusing on socially responsible investments.

For what projects/services did your company hire Coding Sans?

We hired them for end-to-end development.

The goal was to create a fast, streamlined, and easy-to-use cloud base interface that connects to our quantitative analysis and processes an anonymous data feed from our clients.

One of our quantitative developers recommended them.

In addition to developing the frontend and backend of the services using Angular and Node.js, they contributed greatly to the database, quantitative connection, and design implementation processes.

The team consisted of three primary members: a frontend developer, a backend and lead developer, and a dedicated project manager. Additional resources and team members were temporarily added during specific phases.

The stable, reliable system we created together was instrumental in landing our first big customer and has led to many new opportunities.

The project manager was extremely helpful in translating information from us to the developers. Their use of our productivity and development tracking tools allowed the project to progress smoothly.

They are professional and flexible with a strong desire for extensive product knowledge.

There are no significant areas for improvement.

MVP Dev for Self-Learning Platform

"Every time they provided me a deadline, they met the deadline."

May 2017 - Ongoing

Coding Sans developed a responsive MVP web application using Meteor and AngularJS. Projects managers and developers provide daily communication and will continue to do so until the product has launched.

Founder, EdTech Start-Up

Codings Sans addresses all bugs and issues in a timely manner. Their development process was quick and every deadline was met. From the success of the project so far, the partnership will continue after the launch of the product.

I’m the founder of a small startup set to launch in mid-September. This is an EdTech (education technology) project.

What challenge were you trying to address with Coding Sans?

I needed a team to develop an MVP version of my product.

I provided Coding Sans with specifications and wireframes. After that, they developed the project from scratch. The product is a responsive web application that will work on both mobile and desktop. Coding Sans used Meteor and Angular to develop the application.

The platform allows developers to educate themselves about new technologies and new technology practices by watching videos created by other developers. My website is a special version of YouTube with only developer content. At this time, it could be fully launched, but I’m still working on the outreaching timeframe. For now, the app is still small. Coding Sans has handled everything on the product side and they created the project themselves.

There were 4 junior developers and 3 senior developers on the project. They provided me with a project manager who I had daily contact with.

How did you come to work with Coding Sans?

I used to work with the CEO of Coding Sans in the past. I reached out to him and told him about my idea, and he said he had the resources needed for my project.

Around $16,000.

We started working together in May 2017 and the work is ongoing.

They have developed what I asked for. I was involved in the final phase when they finished the product; I found some bugs and some parts I wanted to modify, and they quickly did that. They fixed and modified everything as I asked for. Overall, the product is great.

How did Coding Sans perform from a project management standpoint?

It was really good. I used to work with different teams before this startup. With this project, I felt really involved. I was invited to their development team Slack channel, where I can see all of the conversations about the current issues they’re working on. I was talking to the project manager every day over the course of the project. Overall, it was a good experience.

They were really fast, which was the first thing that I noticed. After the kickoff meeting, it was only about two or three weeks before I saw a working application. For the scope of the project, it was completed very quickly. When we were working on the finalization, they were really fast with fixing and modifying any details I brought up.

It was a really short project, and we didn't have any issues.

Definitely a 5. Since I was always involved in the project, I always knew what was happening. Every time they provided me a deadline, they met the deadline.
    The cost was really good, even for Eastern Europe. I didn’t ask different agencies, but the prices were competitive even compared to freelancers. I got a whole team and not just one or two people.
    I asked for an MVP and I got it. It looks just the way I wanted it to.
    Since we’re going to keep working together, I would definitely recommend them.

Mobile App Dev for Video-Messaging Service Partner

"They’ve never let us down, and I expect they’ll continue to meet our expectations in the future."

Dec. 2015 - Ongoing

Coding Sans conducts mobile app development to support increased user volume, incorporating complex video-messaging and editing features with new backend formats and servers.

Hungary
CEO, Video-Messaging Service

Since joining the team, Coding Sans has contributed to reliable product performance. Their consistent quality, adherence to all deadlines, and eagerness to improve their capabilities drive a productive engagement.

I’m the CEO of a video-messaging service partner startup founded in Hungary. We first partnered with Facebook and Kik Messenger and later introduced a chat bot.

What challenge were you trying to address with Coding Sans?

We needed a live video edit from archived and YouTube footage as well. If somebody typed a text message and wanted to transport it to a video format, we have several ways to meet this need. Coding Sans helped us select and apply the right technology to make our vision possible.

We partnered with Coding Sans after our launch. We had some difficulties with expanding the business because we had much more volume than expected after partnering with Facebook. When they launched the new Facebook messenger, we were their first video partner. Coding Sans helped us find the right balance on the server side using Amazon Web Services.

Additionally, the backend of Node.js was a new format for our developers, and Coding Sans had experience using this platform for Android development. We have a few Android developers on our side, but they couldn’t solve issues related to live editing and synchronizing audio with the video.

How many resources have been assigned to your project?

There are at least 6 people involved in our project. I mainly keep in touch with Coding Sans’ CEO. We used a Scrum methodology and Slack for communication.

How did you come to work with Coding Sans?

They were recommended to us. We were desperate to find the right team, but in Hungary, it’s often hard to find the right talent for an IT job. After we came to the conclusion that we needed to hire a firm that can guarantee the level of quality that we expected, our CTO found Coding Sans. Ironically, they're located a mile away from our office, even though we searched for a provider for 2 years.

How much have you invested with Coding Sans?

We’ve spent $50,000 with them so far.

We started working with them in December of 2015, and we are currently working on another project with them. I plan to use them in the future as well.

I really like working with them because of their guaranteed quality and respect for deadlines. If we find bugs, they take care of them quickly. They’ve never let us down, and I expect they’ll continue to meet our expectations in the future.

We measure how well our services are performed, but I’m not sure how to separate those statistics from all the other features that we developed ourselves. Our business depends on both the technology and the content. I think the technology was more important at the beginning but not anymore. Right now, the technology that we provide is the standard for our users, and the content is rather important for them.

How did Coding Sans perform from a project management standpoint?

Most importantly, they respected our deadlines. We trusted Coding Sans because they’re really keen on scheduling. Their project management was great. We had some communication issues at the beginning, but they were solved. At the beginning, they didn’t have project managers, which created some confusion, but that was resolved.

What did you find most impressive about Coding Sans?

They know what they’re talking about. They estimate accurately at the beginning and when we signed the contract. They also deliver 100%. If we ran into any deadline or development issues, they never overcharged us. They are really dependable.

Are there any areas Coding Sans could improve?

They still have some communication issues and could improve their project management. They’re working on doing better. They try to find the right project managers, but the lack of communication can create confusion.

Overall Score They’re working on their communication.
    They only missed 1 deadline, but they let us know ahead of time.
    I can’t really compare anything to UK or US prices. They’re really great for our needs.
    They provide a good service, but we expected more innovation. They are fast and open to ideas, but there’s room for improvement.
    I’ve already recommended them, and I keep coming back.

Web App Dev for Editorial Analytics Platform

“What Coding Sans did was pragmatic and focused on getting us the outcome we wanted.”

Feb. 2017 - Ongoing

Coding Sans developed an app that generates publishing stats. They added missing features, gathered user data, tested stability, and built an email service. Currently, they help with small tasks that come up.

Managing Director, Editorial Publishing Platform

Although it was outside the initial scope, Coding Sans built solutions that dramatically reduced coding time and project costs. This demonstrated Coding Sans’ proactive and practical approach, which the client appreciated.

We provide a Software-as-a-service product for getting publishers real-time analytics on product performance. I am the managing director of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Coding Sans?

We had a platform rebuild carried out by an agency in the UK. It did not result in a fully completed product, so the Coding Sans team was brought in to finish the job.

Coding Sans worked on our web-based app, which has a Python backend and a JavaScript React frontend. We have primarily worked with two people from Coding Sans’ team, including their CTO and a frontend developer. They built discrete features that were missing from our initial build. It was very much us directing Coding Sans in terms of the features that needed to be built, and what the specifications for them were. We worked on a time-and-materials basis. They performed some DevOps work as well. We were bringing clients onto the platform and had Coding Sans monitor our capacity usage and other factors.

The platform provides real-time analytics for article publishers. It’s a sort of web-scraper technology which pulls in a number of metrics from different sources, displays them in a ReactJS frontend, and serves email updates. Coding Sans built our email update functionality, providing a regularly scheduled service for each user. They did quite a lot of scalability and stability testing, helping us bring more clients on. The architecture up until that point hadn’t been particularly scalable.

Aside from these main functionalities, Coding Sans provided two or three hours of work at a time on small features that had been missing. They also corrected how certain metrics were being displayed. It was a range of data-gathering, email service, and scaling functionalities.

How did you come to work with Coding Sans?

They came through a personal recommendation from someone who had used the team at a previous company and knew some of the Coding Sans people individually. They were recommended as a cost-effective solution. We didn’t have the time for a proper procurement process, so we had an initial conversation, found out they had the skills we needed, and went ahead with Coding Sans.

How much have you invested with Coding Sans?

The cost of Coding Sans’ work has been £15,000. [$20,000]

We started working with Coding Sans in February or March 2017. Everything has been completed, but I occasionally ask Coding Sans to help out with small tasks.

The way in which our platform had been architected by the initial agency required that, whenever we brought in a new client, a new plug-in had to be written. The Coding Sans team wrote a generic plug-in that worked across 80% of new clients’ websites and required much less bespoke coding. This reduced the time for onboarding new clients from one to two days of coding to 30 minutes on average. This was a significant improvement, and, to be honest, Coding Sans didn’t have to do this. They could have simply offered to build a new plugin for every client and charge us each time. This is the main relevant metric.

How did Coding Sans perform from a project management standpoint?

Coding Sans’ CTO acted as our project manager. We used Slack for communication, with a dedicated channel for him, our developer, and their CEO. They were very responsive, letting us know when someone would be unavailable. It was clear whom we were dealing with.

What did you find most impressive about Coding Sans?

I haven’t dealt with many other agencies, but, compared to the ones I have used, Coding Sans is a pragmatic and outcome-focused group, rather than ideologically wedded to academically interesting ways of doing things. For an early-stage startup in particular, this was a good way of getting what we wanted. They have a can-do attitude, putting in long hours and charging us by the day, not by the hour. What Coding Sans did was pragmatic and focused on getting us the outcome we wanted.

Are there any areas Coding Sans could improve?

The prioritization of what they did could have been a bit better. On one instance, Coding Sans spent a bit of time on DevOps tasks that did need to be done in the long-term, but perhaps not immediately. I’m no DevOps expert, but I do have a reasonable technical understanding. My impression was that there were a couple of days spent on things that weren’t entirely necessary. But, in the grand scheme of things, this was minor compared to the good things done by Coding Sans.

Overall Score They have been collaborative, pragmatic, and business-focused.
    By and large, Coding Sans hit almost every deadline that was assigned, but they spent a couple of days on items that were not our biggest priority.
    They are based in Hungary and quite remote from us. It’s not to say that this came with no challenges, but they worked for half the price we were paying in the UK and provided a more pragmatic service.
    Everything done by Coding Sans of was good quality. I’ve been in the code base quite a lot and find that they have good standards. Their way of structuring things is sensible and accessible.
    What they were doing was quite spiffy and discrete, rather than being a big project. I would definitely recommend Coding Sans for that type of work, but I don’t have experience with anything else.