Providing organisations with software solutions.

Cleverbit Software is a B2B startup set up by experienced individuals who have a passion for delivering software solutions that help maximise business value while providing a first class end user experience.

Based in Malta (EU)

We are based on the small sunny island of Malta, located in the center of the Mediterranean, with sandy beaches, great weather and a thriving IT industry. The majority of the population speaks multiple languages fluently, with the two main languages being Maltese and English...

Passionate about Software
We are all developers at heart, with a passion for software done right. We pride ourselves in paying attention to every detail and accommodating your needs and business requirements with tailor-made software solutions.

Driven by Quality
We truly believe that great software cannot be rushed and its implementation needs to follow industry best practices. We are always looking to improve our products and services, to provide our customers and users with a better experience, which is both efficient and enjoyable.

Founded in 2016
Founded by a group of individuals with the same beliefs and motivations, on a mission to create a great working environment which attracts local talent and promotes quality and creativity.

Ħ'Attard, Malta
  • Level 3, 35, Triq L-Imdina,
    Ħ'Attard, VLT ATD 9038
    Malta

Software Dev for Boutique Consultancy

"Their technical solutions are creative and practical."

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

Cleverbit developed software with self-service and web chat capabilities. Services included branding, coding, and UX design. The tool launched Summer 2017.

Maria Mccann
Owner, Arata Solutions

Interactive features transformed service models, generating new opportunities for future engagements. Productivity and seamless collaboration increased productivity and enhanced development processes. Customers can expect to work with an agile and responsive team.

I own Arata Solutions, which is a boutique consultancy that helps business and brands move customer experiences from offline to digital.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cleverbit?

We wanted to help our retail clients by building a help center tool with self-service and web chat capabilities. We had capacity issues and needed a partner that would be able to work at our speed.

The engagement started with an informal conversation and quickly moved to a formal process. We initiated an iterative discovery phase in which both sides supported the client directly as one operation. We did 3 cycles of production and feedback before moving into the enterprise stage. At that point, the team worked on brand design assets and security. They also oversaw guidance, technical approach, and subject matter expertise. The team focused on branding, coding, and UX. After delivery, they did testing and technical support.

I worked with Matt S., a co-founder.

How did you come to work with Cleverbit?

I knew Matt from previous engagements; we had a trusted association. We chose them based on technical ability, cost, and ability to deliver on tight deadlines.

We spent 15,000 euro.

We started working with Cleverbit on January 2017 and the launched June 2017. The relationship is ongoing.

From the client perspective, there was an increase in self-service usage and a large uptake in web chat. This feature completely transformed how clients serviced their customers. Our clients found the project’s technical side very agile and responsive.

We wanted to present our 2 teams as one operation and they were very clever in achieving that effect. The team produced high-quality tangible assets quickly. The discovery phase’s productivity allowed us to move into enterprise more efficiently.

We got repeat work due to Cleverbit’s input. They were key in landing a particular client for longer and more strategic engagements.

How did Cleverbit perform from a project management standpoint?

We were the program managers and seamlessly interfaced with their project management capabilities. The client wouldn’t have known we were 2 different unless we told them. We used GoToMeeting for to utilize its screen sharing technology and Trello to set up joint projects.

They presented themselves as a highly credible enterprise. Their ability to handle all levels of business stakeholders – from board members to techies – stood out.

Trust them; their technical solutions are creative and practical.

Web App Dev for Hospital Equipment Company

“It’s been live for about 3 weeks and we haven’t had any problems.”

Sept. 2017 - Ongoing

Cleverbit built a web application for an equipment company’s payment system. It processes supplier and creditor information, and generates payment files that can be exported or uploaded directly to the bank.

Malta
Account Officer, Technoline

The completed program is now being used by the company who have found it to meet their needs perfectly. Any issues have been quickly addressed through Cleverbit’s ongoing support. The team was timely in their work and communication, responsive to questions, and listened well.

Technoline buys and sells mostly hospital equipment. I work in the accounts office.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cleverbit?

We approached Cleverbit because we over 600 suppliers and needed a program to help us close the weekly payments as swiftly and accurately as possible. It’s time-consuming to keep all the suppliers up to date and we pay 30 or 40 different ones every week.

They drafted a web application program for us. Gradually, they’ve built it to my requirements. We have a lot of data from our suppliers. For example, in order to effect a payment, you need an IBN — a unique number of up to 24 digits. We used to manually upload these on an Excel sheet, but we needed something to avoid any mistakes. We needed a program where we can input the data and after inputting it, we needed it to be validated and safely stored.

It started off managing our data related to our creditor’s data, such as the bank details and addresses, their codes, and related the data to effect a payment. It’s able to upload a file to the bank with the weekly payment. The file can be exported to a PDF or Excel, or it can be printed or attached to an email. The project is completed, and we’re using the application now.

I was in contact with only one person who was the project manager.

How did you come to work with Cleverbit?

I heard about them through friends. I was checking out some other companies but they took longer to answer. Cleverbit responded in a timely manner, and we needed this system urgently, so we went for them.

We spent 12,000 Euros [$13,800].

We started working with them this year and it took 8 weeks for them to complete it. They are providing us with ongoing support.

I’m satisfied with the work so far. It’s been live for about 3 weeks and we haven’t had any problems. Whenever I have any difficulties in running the program, I receive very good support.

The program has definitely helped us a lot. It helps my payment run and we’ve been able to make huge improvements with it. We now can avoid any manual wrong-inputting. The IBNs are validated and the data is stored securely. It’s great for the office.

How did Cleverbit perform from a project management standpoint?

I’m very satisfied. They kept to the timeframe and their answers were always very prompt. We had several meetings both at their office and on phone calls, so communication was great.

The fact that they listened closely to my needs throughout, and not just for the first time we met. Even while they were doing the project, I used to call them and add some features, ask for some changes, and they would do it without any trouble at all. They were very eager to satisfy our needs.

No, they were very professional.

Overall Score It speaks for itself. I’m very satisfied.
    They kept to their timeframes, so I cannot complain.
    This is the first time that I’ve been involved in a project like this, so I can’t really compare the price.
    I’m very satisfied with their delivery.
    I would recommend them.