Human-driven & Machine-powered Lead Gen Services

Gold

CIENCE offers human-driven and machine-powered b2b lead generation services and solutions.

The CIENCE Outbound method begins with highly-accurate, bespoke research on target audiences. Utilizing multi-channel outreach and appointment setting best practices, our specialized SDR walk prospects through a personalized Prospect Experience, resulting in more consistently-set meetings.

Customers benefit from more targeted leads, predictable pipeline, and greater revenue. Our people-as-a-service (PaaS) model offers maximum results as cost-effectively as possible.

At CIENCE, we drink the same champagne as our clients, testing and running successful outbound campaigns. Recently, we debuted at #112 (#8 in Advertising & Marketing) on the INC 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the United States.

Sales conversations start here.

Solana Beach, CA
    Philippines
  • Av Adolfo López Mateos Nte 95
    Guadalajara, JAL 44648
    Mexico

Google, SOC Telemed, Square, Uber, Classy, Okta, iGenomX, Microsoft, ScaleFast, Fivestars, Instapage, CapGemini, Grow, Flashvote, SAP, Segment, Tuxedo Air, ML Conf, Rasa.io, ThruPore, Office Space, University of Texas, ReputationX, Yamaha, MUD\WTR, Qatar Airlines, Fairygodboss, Octane.ai, InfiniteMD, Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU), NetApp, Alfresco, Myers-Briggs, SendBird, US Bank

Solutions we offer

We offer a variety of service packages, including SDR Teams, Dedicated Researchers, and Sales Operations Specialists. Get in touch with us to talk about your needs and we'll recommend the best solution.

Campaign Analytics

We provide daily reporting to our clients that feature data analytics on an easy-to-see dashboard to chart our activities and their successes.

Multi-channel Approach

Every lead has their preferred way of communicating, and we're experienced in getting to them from every angle — calling, emailing, social media, web, and offline boost the familiarity of your brand and unique value.

Campaign dedicated Landing Pages

Our service packages include custom landing pages that deliver greater prospect experiences, bringing you closer to a closed deal.

Our Case Studies

Studying our own work is the key to understanding how we can do better for you and our clients. Check out more than 20 case studies collected over our experience in working with hundreds of clients in over 130 industries: https://cience.com/case-studies/

Sales Journey Highlights

Over the years, we've become experts in leading the lead through each of these six stages of the sales journey.

Research & Lead Gen for Intellectual Property Law Firm

“We’re pleased with the results of the engagements and we plan to work with them again.”

Mar. 2017 - July 2018

CIENCE Technologies promoted a new product by conducting thorough research and reaching out to potential clients based on demographics. The team set up screening calls and tracked their follow-up efforts.

Arlington, Virginia
Aaron Kamlay
Partner, Morris & Kamlay LLP

CIENCE Technologies’ efforts produced significant results that surpassed goals and expectations. The team’s efficient work ethic, responsive approach, and flexibility helped the project. The positive experience will likely lead to future engagements.

I am a partner at Morris & Kamlay LLP. We’re an intellectual property law firm of about a dozen people. We specialize in procuring and prosecuting patents, advising clients on patent portfolio strategy, and helping them secure business development opportunities using their intellectual property portfolio.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We developed some new approaches to patent litigation and enforcement defense and were looking to introduce them to clients with a possible interest. We needed a partner to increase exposure for these products.

We gave CIENCE Technologies two tasks. Their first responsibility involved research. We had an idea of the type of clients that would be attracted to our product, but we didn’t have the time or resources to fully analyze the specific demographics. Following that discovery phase, the team put together a list of clients for us to target. CIENCE Technologies’ second task was coordinating the initial outreach efforts with these clients and tracking them. The team handled the initial screening calls to see if the clients were a candidate for the new product and then tracked the follow-up process.

We worked with two representatives form CIENCE Technologies.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

I’m not exactly sure how we first found them, but we were searching for a partner to increase exposure for the product. We evaluated a few options, both automated and team-based, and CIENCE Technologies seemed like the best fit for our project. They offered a lot of flexibility, which we really liked.

We worked together from March 2017–July 2018.

In terms of the part of the project that CIENCE Technologies was specifically responsible for, their performance was excellent and generated notable results for our company. Initially, we were hoping to set up appointments with potential clients about once or twice a month, but CIENCE Technologies was able to secure two or three meetings a week. In our industry, this is phenomenal. We’re pleased with the results of the engagement and we plan to work with them again.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

We had a standing video conference once a week, with others added into the schedule as necessary. All other communication was done via phone and email. They adapted their communication styles to accommodate the needs of the project. They were extremely efficient in tracking the project and prioritizing their work. They were receptive to our feedback and consistently provided alternate suggestions and solutions to benefit the project.

I really appreciated their flexibility. We could’ve found CRM-like technologies or other structured teams to do this project, but none of them would’ve been able to promote our unique product and target our specific clients. With CIENCE Technologies, we were able to collaborate on a customized solution rather than being restricted by an established platform or strategy.

At one point in the project, we asked CIENCE Technologies to do some technical writing, but it didn’t work out that well. We can’t fault them for that though because that’s not what we hired them for.

Additionally, I think the team could be a bit more consistent in terms of their internal documentation processes. Their methods vary from person to person, which could result in miscommunication. In the end, it wasn’t really a problem for us, but I could see it being an issue on a different project.

Clients should listen to their suggestions. They have a lot of expertise in the marketing and communication space and can provide additional insight. It can be beneficial to give them room to be creative and come up with new solutions.

Overall Score I couldn’t have been happier.
    In general, they were on time, but sometimes they didn’t clearly communicate time estimates.
    Out of all of our options, they offered the best value for the quality of their services.
    Using our feedback, the provided high-quality services with a quick turnaround pace.
    They aren’t suitable for every project, but I would recommend them for projects like mine.

Lead Gen & Sales for Custom Financial Company

“We have a very good working relationship. They’re super responsive and they do a fabulous job.”

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

CIENCE Technologies offers customized sales support for a financial company. A full-time representative from their team works to fulfill unique sales cycles and provide specific user interaction.

CEO, Custom Financial Company

CIENCE Technologies provided a communicative, well-organized team member to manage the account. They joined the process early on and have been a long-term partner. They are cost-effective and deliver on assignments.

I am the CEO of a financial company. We outsource accounting and finance for fast-growing, investor-backed companies.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We needed a sales support representative who understood data research.

They offer us a very customized approach to fit our needs. They tailored the work load to meet our specific sales cycles and desired customer interface. We have one full-time sales assistant who works remotely. We tempered her role to fit our unique situation and she is solely responsible for our account.

I interface with my sales assistant, the team member assigned to me on a daily basis. I also speak with the sales representative from their executive team once or twice a year.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

I did a test research project with them for lead generation. I was pleased with the results, their timing, and their communication. Their sales team spoke with me about an ongoing monthly relationship and I considered the options they offered. Based on the value and the price point, I opted for the full-time sales assistant.

We pay about $2,500 a month.

We started working with them in March 2017. We have them on a monthly retainer.

The team member they assigned executes the deliverables I give to her. She has a very structured role and has been able to produce what I need. I did have to amend her role slightly to accommodate a language barrier and telephone communication issues but the price point was still worth what we migrated to. She’s a cost-effective, value-driven team member and we’ve had several successes with her. She’s responsive, communicative, and well-organized. It’s nice having an external employee who I don’t have to manage. We have a very good working relationship.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re super responsive and they do a fabulous job. About 95% of our communication is via email and about 5% by phone. We often have reception issues when we try to do phone calls.

I’ve had a very good experience with them. They joined us very early in our company’s lifecycle and I’ve never felt the need to look for someone else.

The phone situation is definitely an issue. They need better lines.

Write out your statement of work clearly and agree upon it up front so they can find the right team member. Very clear communication will help ensure success early on.

Overall Score They’re very good.
    I recommend them all the time.

Lead Gen for Boutique Marketing Agency

"All of the leads they have provided have been a good fit."

Oct. 2017 - Ongoing

CIENCE Technologies generates leads and arranges appointments to increase clientele across multiple sectors. Further, they provide guidance on the best practices of closing deals and approaching new clients.

Atlanta, Georgia
Shannon Yarbrough
Business Development Director, SolDesign

Using a refined and creative process, CIENCE Technologies has consistently produced qualified leads. They have proven to be familiar with the latest industry practices, and their overall research ability fosters excellent opportunities for growth. They have been collaborative and invested partners.

I'm the director of business development at SolDesign. We are a boutique marketing agency that does everything from strategy to design to development.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We needed a partner who could help with the research portion of lead generation. It was a bonus that CIENCE also did the outreach and scheduled appointments. They're effectively acting as part of our sales team.

We work with them on a monthly basis for outreach and research. They examine different industries in different locations depending on what we’re targeting in order to find companies that might be worthwhile partners for us. Then we collaborate to create messaging, and they send those messages to those companies and schedule calls or appointments for me. They have also been helpful in sharing best practices with us.

I work closely with a research department team manager and a customer success team lead.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

They reached out to us through their own process that they use for clients as well. They probably saw that I was newer to the role of business development. I had a few introductory calls with them to ask questions. We were gearing up for some outbound marketing and had not really done that for ourselves before. We agreed on a three-month trial, and they performed well and provided a list of clients that were solid fits for us. They matched our needs well, and we decided to move forward.

We spend around $2,500 per month.

We began working together in October 2017 and have ongoing work.

Although we have not yet closed any deals, they have provided other great results. Every week, I'll have multiple calls scheduled with companies that I wouldn't have known anything about without their input. All of the calls save for one have been qualified leads, and that’s a testament to their research skill and ability to find appropriate companies.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They have been very responsive. We have worked well together via phone calls and emails.

I don't have experience with other providers, but they're very good at hearing us. We work with such different sectors that it can be confusing who our best clients are, but they've done an excellent job of being creative and working with us to mine the best sectors to reach out to. They also appear to be well-versed in the latest strategies of their industry.

I still don’t have a sense of how much experience they have working with marketing agencies. They have worked well with us, but it would be a benefit if they had a more clearly defined sense of the sectors that they worked with.

The more a company knows about its own business goals, the more CIENCE can help them. We had a slow start because we weren’t sure which industries to go after, but if a company has a good sense of that, I’d imagine they’d have valuable results. CIENCE is also open to answering any questions about their process, so I would recommend other clients to be transparent about any concerns they have.

Overall Score They have been great to work with.
    We don't have true project timelines, but they have worked efficiently.
    All of the leads they have provided have been a good fit.
    I have already recommended them.

Lead Gen for Technology Conference

“CIENCE's team reached out to 50–100 companies per week on my behalf, scheduling 33 calls in the process.”

Sept. 2017 - July 2018

CIENCE provided lead generation and outreach services, including targeted searches and initial communications with potential leads.

Courtney Burton
Founder, Machine Learning Conference

CIENCE's team generated a significant amount of leads in a relatively short time frame. Not only did their results exceed the cost of investment in their services, but their team was also easy to work with, highly professional, and prompt in communications throughout.

I own the Machine Learning Conference, a small business that hosts a conference for a specific niche of technology.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We needed additional help with lead generation and were lacking the resources or time to dedicate to sourcing new leads within our own team.

CIENCE worked with us on two occasions to help generate leads by finding targeted leads and reaching out to potential clients on my behalf. They looped me into the process once the leads turned into potential clients.

I worked closely with two people on their team.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

I spoke to CIENCE's CEO about the kind of services his team offers and thought we could benefit from them, so I asked him to connect me to his sales team.

I invested $2,600 for a month of lead generation and outreach services. I usually work with them one month at a time as needed.

We started working them on the first project in September 2017 and more recently in a month-long engagement over the past month that will end in July 2018.

CIENCE's team reached out to 50–100 companies per week on my behalf, scheduling 33 calls in the process. In the last month, their work has generated $3,000.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very friendly and easy to work with. We generally communicate through email and spreadsheets.

CIENCE quickly educated themselves on my business and customized the types of leads they reached out to accordingly.

Give their team as many details as possible to give them a better understanding of your targeted audience.

They were always on time and prompt in communications.
    The results they produced more than paid for the investment for their services.

Research & Outbound Sales for Language Services Provider

"They were diligent in their project management and data collection."

Mar. - June 2018

CIENCE Technologies conducted research and provided outbound sales services to generate more leads. They collaborated to create targeted campaigns for certain industries and then orchestrated those plans.

1,001-5,000 Employees

Philadelphia Metro Area
Sales Operations Manager, Language Services Provider

CIENCE sent between 500–1,000 emails per week, generating a few new leads per week. They were meticulous in their data gathering and research. CIENCE required some oversight to determine the correct tone for certain materials, but they performed well on the whole.

I am the sales operations manager for a full-service language services provider. We offer a suite of different support solutions, including telephone interpreting, document translation, chat and email translation, and multilingual support.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We have a small sales team, and we were struggling with achieving the outbound sales velocity we were looking for to generate more leads. We were quite good at closing deals, but we had a shortage at the top of our funnel.

We primarily use them for research and outbound marketing. We gave them sample titles or people within industries that we would like to target, and they created a list of similar prospects. We’d work together to create a campaign for each prospect.

We had access to their researchers and marketing team, but we primarily met with our account manager and a sales development representative. The project manager would oversee our account from a high level, but the sales representative did the outreach on our behalf.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

Our vice president of sales and strategy found CIENCE, and we interviewed them and a few other agencies. We found them to be innovative and data-focused, which we appreciated. They seemed to discuss sales the same way we did, and that made us comfortable with hiring them.

The total investment was less than $20,000.

We began working together in March 2018. We ended our engagement with them in June 2018, but that decision was made due to a number of in-house factors and was not representative of their work. We went through a three-month trial period and then worked with them for an additional month, and they performed well during that time.

There was a bit of an onboarding process, during which we had to introduce them to our company, how we sell things, and getting them the necessary content. But once they were adjusted, they were sending out an average of 500–1,000 emails a week, which produced two or three leads a week. We thought that was valuable production because we didn’t feel like we gave them as much support as we should have.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They were extremely diligent in their data gathering process, and we had access to all conversations they had with any prospects or any research they’ve done. They were transparent and accessible in that regard. We exchanged short messages daily on Slack or through email. We would sometimes take phone calls, but they also used Basecamp and HubSpot.

They were very careful and pointed in their data collection.

Our only struggle was finding the right tone for our message and how we describe ourselves in their materials. Their content required some editing to make their pitches align more with what we do.

We have a small, but well-established, sales department, but for somebody that doesn’t, CIENCE can be a great option because they can assist with everything—the marketing, the research, and the content creation.

And when the engagement starts, it’s best to give them as much assistance as you can at the start so that their work reflects your values.

Overall Score Our overall experience was great.
    They excel at project management. Any delays were on our end, not theirs.
    They more support you give, the higher quality those leads will be, and the ROI will be evident.
    They were diligent in their project management and data collection.
    We were really pleased with how they conducted business.

Lead Gen & Sales for Digital Marketing & Dev Company

“They worked incredibly well with our team, and the project leads were extremely professional.”

Sept. 2017 - June 2018

CIENCE Technologies conducted market research and worked on lead gen and sales. They crafted email templates and identified prospective clients. Their goal was to increase engagement and sales meetings.

Minnesota
Sales & Marketing Director, Digital Marketing & Dev Firm

CIENCE Technologies was responsive and clearly communicated project goals and progress. Although they didn’t generate the expected hard ROI, their findings helped shape marketing strategy. They could benefit from SDR training and improved lead presentations, but overall, they were a great partner.

I’m the sales and marketing director for a digital marketing and web design and development company. I oversee our sales, marketing, and account management teams.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We needed a partner to do three things: build a scalable and predictable pipeline, determine how to fit Sales Development Reps (SDRs) into our total sales and marketing system, and test email-driven sales messaging in our marketplace.

CIENCE Technologies began our partnership by conducting research and planning/exploratory work to help us better understand our ideal client profiles, the different industries we were targeting, and how to make our message resonate with those groups.

After that initial phase, they began creating sales email templates for prospecting and lead research and generation. They identified both companies and individuals that would be a good fit based on our ideal client profiles and buyer personas. The other SDR activities included outreach and sales email campaigns with the goal of scheduling meetings or at least starting conversations.

I mainly worked with five people from CIENCE Technologies.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

We looked at 6–7 sales enablement resources, but my calls with CIENCE Technologies’ sales rep and CMO set them apart from the others. They approached sales exactly how our company did (using data to drive decisions), so we partnered with them.

We spent about $4,400 a month, so around $25,000–$30,000 in total.

We worked together from September 2017–June 2018. We realized we needed to develop more content on our side in order to fully optimize the relationship with CIENCE Technologies, so we’ve put the partnership on hold for now.

We would’ve like to see hard ROI, meaning engagement that led to sales meetings and actual dollar amounts, but we realized we had to do more work on our end. CIENCE Technologies did, however, provide market research to inform our own strategies and how to create better engagement. The results were more of a soft ROI.

We still have a variety of market qualified leads currently sitting in our nurturing system that we anticipate will eventually turn into actual opportunities. We also have some sales qualified leads in our pipeline and a lot of prospects that CIENCE Technologies helped us gather.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

We interfaced on a weekly basis to discuss progress, updates, and feedback. They sent a report out at the end of every week to review where we were at with lead generation.

They worked incredibly well with our team, and the project leads were extremely professional. They had open and honest communication and felt like an extension of our team—not just a vendor.

They take a highly scientific approach to building pipelines that align with known methodologies. They’re able to build pipelines from a scalable and predictable revenue standpoint.

We appreciated the SDRs assertiveness and aggressiveness, but they sometimes didn’t interact well with the prospects. They would benefit from training the SDRs to understand the nuances of the replies they get and how to customize responses instead of just firing off a standardized reply.

They could also improve the way they present leads. Sometimes, it was difficult to sift through all of the sheets and understand what everything meant. They need to evolve the lead generation and lead enrichment presentations to make more sense.

Figure out your marketing strategy and tactics before partnering with them. You need to know how you’re going to support your total sales effort with content, validation, proof, case studies, etc. It’ll help you more effectively bring people into your funnel.

The rare time when they’d miss a deadline, they always took responsibility and let us know beforehand.
    They’re definitely a good value for money and an average price compared to their competitors.
    They overdelivered on a variety of project details.
    They’re a great team to work with. They bring a lot of added value and insight.

Lead Gen for Digital Marketing Agency

“They generated more leads and meetings than we had initially anticipated.”

Nov. 2017 - Mar. 2018

CIENCE Technologies provided lead generation services. They built contact lists, implemented a drip email campaign, and scheduled client meetings.

Chief Strategy Officer, Digital Marketing Agency

CIENCE Technologies delivered a surplus of leads and facilitated the start of many new client relationships. Their work started a long-term outreach effort. The email campaign effectively entices potential customers without being overbearing. The team is communicative and open to criticism.

I’m the chief strategy officer for a digital marketing agency. We specialize in working with highly regulated industries.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We wanted to create more awareness of our company and get new prospects into our sales funnel.

CIENCE was tasked with improving our lead generation efforts. To do this, they identified our target client profile and found decision-makers within companies that fit within that outline. They built contact lists and came up with appropriate ways to reach those potential clients. They started a drip campaign with the goal of creating awareness of who we are and how venture clients could benefit from working with us. CIENCE made sure the campaign was assertive but also respectful of the privacy and communication policies of the companies that were contacted. They conducted outreach using our voice and politely accommodated those who didn’t want our services and no longer wished to be contacted.

They allocated three people to work on this project. One person was responsible for building the contact lists, while two other people managed the outreach emails and coordinated with me to issue responses and schedule meetings.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

My partner found them through a colleague’s referral. We liked their ability to build contact lists because successful outreach takes time and we’d be able to use those lists for future marketing efforts. We saw a couple of benefits, but the creation of any new prospects was valuable to us.

We spent $24,000 for their services.

We worked with them from Nov. 2017–Mar. 2018. We’re currently improving our internal infrastructure and will be engaging them again soon.

They generated more leads and meetings than we had initially anticipated. They put a lot of new prospects in the top of our sales funnel and we’re currently in the process of closing with 2–3 clients. We haven’t seen a financial return on their services, but we know it’s a long-term process. We can easily cover the investment by closing at least one of the leads.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They're incredibly responsive communicators and always hold to the meetings they set. Project management is one of their biggest strengths, and they've represented our brand positively. We interact via phone, email, screen share, and video conferences.

The number of new client meetings they were able to schedule was remarkable. I’m happy to refer them considering those numbers alone. They’re also open to feedback and are always looking for ways to improve.

It took them a while to understand our business and we’ve noticed some minor errors in the marketing emails. Their attention to detail could be improved. However, once they found a rhythm, they performed excellently.

Expect them to generate leads and make sure your internal processes can handle the influx of clients. Manage yourself properly and CIENCE will help you experience success.

We’d like to see the implementation of a performance-based pricing model.

Lead Gen & Marketing for Online Registration Company

“The service is more than paying for itself.”

Sept. 2017 - Ongoing

CIENCE researched industry standards and a target audience to produce multiple email campaigns and increase lead generation. They adhere to feedback and continually refine campaign messaging.

San Diego, California
Jim Vaughan
CRO, Events.com

CIENCE’s marketing efforts and lead generation have improved sales. Next quarter projections indicate their work yielding a further increase in revenue. Their responsiveness creates an open and communicative engagement. They’re personally invested in the projects they accept and aim for perfection.

I’m the chief revenue officer of Events.com. We’re an online registration software provider.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We needed to increase lead generation and research but didn’t have the resources to hire full-time sales development representatives.

CIENCE provided one full-time researcher to find the contact information of potential clients. Then, they assigned an inside salesperson to send marketing emails and other correspondence to prospective clients. We’re running multiple email campaigns to see which ones are more effective than others. They used an Events.com email address for this process. In addition to providing leads, they go into my sales team’s calendars and schedule appointments with customers.

We’re in constant contact with three different people from CIENCE, and there’s an account executive who oversees the whole project.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

Our engagement speaks to the effectiveness of their process. I get bombarded daily by all sorts of vendors, but I thought CIENCE’s emails were fairly clever. They caught my attention, so I talked to their account executive and agreed to a 90-day trial of their services. They accomplished the objectives we set out and we’re now engaged for another 90 days.

They cost about $12,000 per fiscal quarter.

We started working together in September 2017 and the relationship is ongoing.

I don’t want to give out specific data, but there’s been a decent increase in the number of leads coming into our sales team. I track the response rate based on how many leads and appointments result in revenue generation. At this point, CIENCE’s services are self-funded. We’re recouping the cost with the results they’re providing. Based on what’s in the pipeline, that return should increase exponentially next quarter.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

We mostly communicate via email or phone but also use Zoom to have live meetings once a week. That’s where we go through all the results and strategies for the upcoming weeks. The CIENCE team responds to every email my staff sends them. They’re probably the most attentive firm we’ve worked with. For example, they recommended we provide a list of people we didn’t get to talk to while attending a large trade show. They followed up with me for multiple days to provide that list. Thanks to their tenacity, an outbound campaign to those contacts begins today. Their responsiveness has always been spot-on.

Their enthusiasm to provide a service and get results is evident. They take a personal interest in our company and want to do their best. That’s always important to me as an employer. The results up to this point indicate that the model works. They’re unique in that their program is scalable. As we expand into new business areas, we can increase our relationship with CIENCE to continually generate new leads and appointments.

They take the time to understand our business and offer advice based on what has been successful for their previous clients. They also receive feedback well and flexibly make changes to produce the most effective messaging possible. So far, it’s been a positive experience.

They’ve done everything we’ve asked them to do and there’s nothing I see as a negative. Obviously, if they could improve their researching tools to provide even more leads, then that would be helpful. However, I don’t have insight into their exact process.

Spend as much time as possible in the first 30 days to ensure they have a good understanding what your product is and what specific markets you’re targeting. They rely on the customer to know their customer base. I’d also suggest testing 2–4 different messages and take note of the response rate you get from each. We’ve tried different approaches over the last 3–4 months and we’re still trying to find the perfect copy. Doing that upfront will likely save time and get results faster.

Overall Score It’s been fine.
    They always follow up if we haven’t given them a deliverable.
    The service is more than paying for itself.
    They’re willing to listen and produce quality work.
    I’ve had nothing but positive experiences with them.

Marketing Strategy for Vendor Management Software Company

“If we needed something, we were able to collaborate with the team on it.”

Jan. 2017 - Mar. 2018

CIENCE Technologies worked on marketing strategy, identifying leads that met certain criteria, marketing the leads, and then continuing to manage them.

Atlanta Metro Area
VP, Vendor Management Software Company

Their marketing was successful, returning a 10% success rate for 2000 identified leads. Despite some issues with content writing, they were able to collaborate well throughout the project and brought talented resources into the work.

We’re a startup company that sells vendor management software. I’m the VP.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

We were trying to build ourselves and our marketing processes. We needed help with creating the marketing content and launching marketing campaigns and managing them. We needed it done in a high-volume capacity that we couldn’t do internally.

They found us qualified leads that met our target prospect criteria, marketed those leads, and managed them.

They assigned us a sales development rep (SDR) to manage the email campaigns, a research analyst that found the lead information, and an account manager that we had a weekly call with.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

We were signed up with a different company at the end of 2016, but we weren’t getting results. However, during that time, they rebranded and became CIENCE Technologies under new management. I followed up with my contact there because they owed us a free month of services. The CMO got in touch with me and said he wanted to make things right, which I felt was admirable. He gave us a free month this year. It was a completely different experience with CIENCE Technologies than it was with the prior company. We were willing to give them a shot.

We spent about $9,000.

We worked together from January 2018 until March 2018.

We had a 10% response rate. We contacted about 2,000 leads and ended up with a solid 20 prospects over the period of two months.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They did excellently. If we needed something, we were able to collaborate with the team on it. The research analyst would send us weekly emails with the lead information. If there was anything we needed to collaborate on or a lead on the list that wasn’t a good match, we’d talk that through with our SDR. She was fantastic, and persistent in following up with the leads.

Our account manager was someone that we met with weekly and he also made sure that the project was on track. If there was anything additional we needed, he would be the liaison between our company and CIENCE technologies. He was always helpful, responsive, and would do anything he could to help us. From a customer service standpoint, I’d give them an excellent rating. We communicated via email, while they used Zoom.

They identify people that are really good at what they do and their team is talented. They make themselves available. They’re based offshore, but they worked on our schedule.

The one area they struggled initially with was content writing. When we signed up with them, we gave them our ideas of who we are as a company, which they used to position content writing for the campaign. However, their writer was really struggling with it at first. We gave their content writer our information and when we got it back, it wasn’t even the same concept that we were talking about. There seemed to be something lost in translation between our ideas and how they were pulling them together to create the content of the campaign.

They’re also a bit expensive. If you don’t have an internal sales team, that expense could be justified, but we got to the point where we were building processes internally ourselves too. It didn’t make sense to continue to run parallel with our internal team and with them.

It’s worth the investment to try them. Be very clear about who your target audience and be sure that they can capture that market for you. Initially, when we tried we were trying to sell a different model we have and it was very hard for them to identify prospects for us because of how we sell our software to that industry. The second time we tried it, we decided to prospect staffing companies, and those types of companies were easier for the research analyst to identify.

Make sure that they can to identify your target audience in their research. If they can do that piece of it, then take the chance, make the investment, and see if it works for a couple of months.

Overall Score It was a great experience to work with them this time around.
    There has not been a return on the investment yet.
    I marked it down only because the content writing was an issue.

Outbound Lead Gen for Marketing & Sales Consulting Company

“It’s great that they have good project management, but the results are what make the difference.”

Oct. 2017 - Ongoing

CIENCE researched a multitude of service providers to create a contact information database. They assist email-based lead generation and provide reports detailing the effectiveness of the effort.

Kansas City, Missouri
Chris Barnett
Founder, Barnett Strategies

CIENCE’s approach to lead generation reliably yields scheduled appointments and easily managed sales data. They’re committed to reliable research and delivering results. Their process is unified across clients and widely applicable. As a result, they’re uncompromising when confronted with new ideas.

I’m the founder of Barnett Strategies. We’re a marketing and sales consulting firm that focuses on small and mid-sized software companies. We help companies take actions to get results instead of just providing a report to read.

What challenge were you trying to address with CIENCE Technologies?

Finding reliable and capable vendors is difficult when they’re unknown or offer a large portfolio of services. This task is difficult even with a big budget available. We needed to improve the outbound lead generation of new opportunities and prospects. I share this challenge with seven of my clients.

CIENCE conducted in-depth research to establish ideal customer profiles for various vendors. They investigated relevant factors like geography, industry sector, company size, functional area, and title. This established what contacts need to be made aware of specific services. They built a database of contact information and gave us access. As a result, they’d create appointments for us with companies we wouldn’t have met otherwise. This allows the exploration of new opportunities without having to weed through thousands of ad emails from potentially illegitimate or subpar service providers. They also deliver reports that illustrate the number of emails sent, the subscription rate, and the number of confirmed appointments.

Kelly Kenworthy (Regional Sales Manager, CIENCE Technologies) was my primary point of contact.

How did you come to work with CIENCE Technologies?

We’re both HubSpot partners. I saw their posting on LinkedIn and a mutual contact suggested them.

We spend $4,000 a month with them.

We started working with them in October 2017 and the engagement is ongoing.

We’re aware of hundreds of prospective companies across multiple categories. Having an expansive database of contact information is valuable. LinkedIn is great, but having accurate email addresses and phone numbers effectively streamline the process of reaching out to vendors.

I use this process with my clients and we’ve had success getting appointments. They’ve varied in quality and quantity, but we always get a response from someone. Some responders don’t want to sit through a sales presentation but still request more information. We capture all that information and build the sales funnel to close in on those interested, nurture the preliminary ones, and not waste a lot of time on those that ignored the inquiries.

How did CIENCE Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve held up their part of project management. We have weekly meetings on Zoom, a Slack channel with contributors from both teams, and also communicate via email. They have other project management tools like Basecamp, but my team didn’t utilize that.

CIENCE does the research and is focused on results. It’s great that they have good project management, but the results are what make the difference. Anybody can send out an email, but if it’s not with the right message or to the right company, then it’s a waste of time and money. They make sure to have the information necessary to generate the most leads. The inquiries are seen as relevant information and not random spam.

They have a very specific, structured, and repeatable method. This enables clients to coordinate with them and use it correctly. However, the standardized process is often inflexible. They’re unable to adapt when presented with new ideas or approaches. That’s a challenge that needs management intervention.

You have to be willing to invest the time and contributions necessary for the process to be successful. If you don’t give them the input, you won’t get good results. It’s also important to understand the process. I’ve integrated this with three or four of my clients. The first one didn’t go as well because I didn’t know what was coming next.

They’re organized and structured.
    Their research was thorough and the appointment setting was efficient.
    I recommend this process to all my clients.

Gold