Custom software development company

Cayugasoft Technologies LLC is a custom software development company that works with entrepreneurial companies and medium-sized businesses to create innovative web and mobile software products at a reasonable cost. Our approach, and our years of experience with entrepreneurial companies, makes us ideal for clients who want to quickly create a new, high-quality software product, and for established companies that want to strengthen their development teams with assigned resources.

At Cayugasoft we understand that all business are different, so we work with each client to tailor our services and approach to their needs. As a small company whose founders have been involved with several venture-backed companies, we know how to survive and evolve in a highly competitive business. We use our expertise across multiple technologies to help our clients create innovative products and services, providing our clients' businesses with new revenue sources. We also have a super creative design team to deliver stylish design tailored to a smooth and well-chosen user experience.

Let's build something great together!

Kyiv, Ukraine
    Russia

App Studio, WildTangent, Inc.;

nTreatment

Advertisement Generation Platform

We created an advertisement generation platform using Python, Django, MongoDB. It works with big data storage to build ads in real time (text and pic) for user-specific traits. It also includes a PhotoShop plugin which interacts with the created platform, and a Safari and Chrome extension. The challenge was to develop a flexible tool for creating complex ads with variations tied to the individual viewing the ad.

Electronic system for truck drivers and fleets

Cayugasoft Technologies helped a US venture-backed company build a mobile communication and productivity platform for commercial truck drivers and fleets.

By leveraging the smartphones and tablets fleets and truck drivers already have, the system helps to improve compliance, communication and save time on the road with the help of the following features:

• Integration with Google Maps;
  • Automatic Log Book;
  • Working hours tracking and violation alerts;
  • Documents management system: organize, scan and send trip docs to fleet manager;
  • Easy vehicle inspection;
  • Tripadvisor (hotels, tire services, truck stops services, truck parking);
  • Truck trip management system (accept/deny/plan trips).

WordPops!

HeadRight Games asked us to help them create a new mobile word game Word Pops!, with social networking features and gameplay with friends. Users can participate in tournaments or challenge their friends to a game. Prizes and social media sharing make the game viral and fun. The iOS version is out on the App Store for iPhone and iPad.

Here is a case study on open source Business Intelligence (BI), built using Pentaho BI tools. We’ve taken data from US Census related to imports and exports out of the USA. We’ve transformed the data to allow a drill down on the industry trade categories of the imports and exports. These categories are called NAICS codes, and they are a standard way of categorizing products. These codes are nested, so our BI tools lets you drill down from Agricultural Products and Livestock Products (NAICS code 11), down to Agricultural Products (111), down to Oilseeds and Grains (1111), and then Soy Beans (11111). Sounds simple, right? Well, it’s not so simple if you just take the native US Census data. You need a BI engineer to transform that data to make it easy to see this drill down into the data.

Apple Watch Weather App

We decided to build a sample weather app for the Apple watch. The app detects the watch wearer’s location, and retrieves the local weather from the US NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration). Studies have shown that NOAA is more accurate than your local weatherman or other weather services.

Open source Business Intelligence (BI)

Here is a case study on open source Business Intelligence (BI), built using Pentaho BI tools.  We’ve taken data from US Census related to imports and exports out of the USA. This is open source data—anyone can go onto the Census web site and access this data. However, it’s just data, and US Census does not provide it in a way that’s easy to analyze. That’s where BI tools come in.
We took the data, and transformed it into a format that allows reports and dashboards to be easily created. Watch this brief video to see a dashboard view of imports and exports from the US. You can toggle between imports and exports, and each dashboard metric lets you select a parameter such as the year, or the country of origin (for imports to the US) or the destination country (for exports from the US).

While our firm has developed several games for our Clients, Rocco’s Revenge was the first game we developed purely for ourselves.

It is a new platformer in the spirit of Mario. The hero climbs through the levels to gain revenge on his enemy, who captured his superhero friends and locked them in a series of towers, guarded by some seriously evil creatures. Along the way, he battles giant rats and pesky bats with the help of knives, fireballs, and the occasional bomb. Featuring original artwork and characters, the first few levels are free to play. Then, you can unlock additional levels through in app purchases. Rodney’s Revenge offers hours of great gameplay.

Read more about our game on made with unity.

GifMaker app

Give a new lease of life to your cool photos and videos with our GifMaker app!

You are welcome to create a GIF animation mixing your photos or videos with text captions.

GifMaker allows you to

• Record your video with front or back camera
  • Download video from gallery
  • Download photos from gallery
  • Add a text caption
  • Share your GIF with friends on Facebook or via iMessage, get likes and fun!

Technologies used:

Objective C, AVFoundation, Core Animation, Facebook SDK, CocoaPods.

nTreatment

NATIVE IOS APPS WRITTEN WITH SWIFT 2

nTreatment EHR (Electronic Health Record) asked Cayugasoft to assist in building sophisticated iOS mobile apps that help doctors manage their communications and scheduling with patients. nTreatment is an integrated EHR and practice management application for mental health practitioners, which consists of two applications: one for doctors and one for patients.

The main challenge was to jump into an ongoing project and quickly create a solid mobile product. Cayugasoft assigned one full time native iOS developer, a project manager, and a part-time QA engineer, who worked on this project for 4 months.

Web & App Dev for Autobiography Writing App Company

“They worked hard to make sure they delivered a quality product.”

Cayugasoft Tech provided application development services, working on an iOS app that records, transcribes, and formats the life stories of different users. The app produces PDF and WAV files as the output.

CEO, BabbleStash

The team follows instructions to the letter, carefully producing a high-quality product that meets the requirements laid out before them. They communicate well despite a large time and geographical distance, ensuring they are accessible, dedicated, and accommodating.

I’m the owner of BabbleStash, a small LLC which is an app company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cayugasoft Tech?

I didn’t have the skill set to develop an iPhone application myself, so I was looking for web and application development services. The app allows users to capture their life story.

I came up with a comprehensive list of the thought-provoking life questions that people could answer to help them with the life stories—there are over 800, and they prompt the user in different ways. People record their answers into the app and then those answers are transcribed.

After a user has enough of the transcriptions done, they can export those to a beautifully formatted PDF that has an accompanying WAV file to hear the person’s voice while looking at their life story.

I worked with one project manager and three developers. There was a frontend developer, backend developer, and one developer who subbed in.

How did you come to work with Cayugasoft Tech?

They were recommended by a technical person in my town and I trusted his recommendation. I spoke to a lot of different companies and shared my idea, and a lot of the quotes I received were crazy. Cayugasoft Tech had the most realistic one, and it didn’t seem like they were trying to exploit me.

We worked with them from around November 2016–March 2018.

They’re very literal and do exactly what we tell them to, which means we have to be very clear in our requirements. It’s good because we receive exactly what we want.

How did Cayugasoft Tech perform from a project management standpoint?

The communication was good, via Slack and Trello. They’re in Ukraine, so these things allowed me to interact with them in an accessible way, while they were always willing to talk.

They were a terrific company that I really enjoyed working with and would definitely do so again. They’re very fair in their pricing and they worked hard to make sure they delivered a quality product.

They do exactly what you ask them to do, so you have to be sure of what you want. They’re very good, but it can be daunting. If you’re confident in what you are asking for, they’re terrific.

Their teams are very dedicated. I have worked with a lot of developers over the years, who can be irritable people, but Cayugasoft’s team is very friendly and accommodating. The project manager was helpful, and I liked working with them.

During the upfront calls, trust Eugene (COO & Co-Founder, Cayugasoft Tech); listen to him, and take his advice about what to do and not to do, because he knows what he’s talking about.

They met the deadlines they gave me.
    I found them to be great value for their skills.
    They had quality deliverables and stood by their product.
    I would refer them.

Mobile App Dev for EHR Systems Firm

"The project manager was available all the time, and we had no roadblocks."

2015 - 2016

CayugaSoft Tech developed an iOS app as a simpler alternative to an existing web app, involving on-the-go scheduling and messaging.

CoFounder, EHR Systems Firm

With only one assigned developer and one project manager, the tasks were straightforward and communication was clear and reliable. They’re an affordable company with a sufficient amount of experience and a competent team.

We are an EHR systems provider. I am the owner.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cayugasoft Tech?

We needed an iOS app as an alternative to the existing web application.

Cayugasoft Tech developed our app. It’s a stripped-down version of the web app, and it provides scheduling and messaging on-the-move. There was one Swift developer assigned to our project.

How did you come to work with Cayugasoft Tech?

I interviewed a couple of companies, and Cayugasoft Tech seemed nice in comparison. They seemed to know what they were talking about, and they were affordable.

How much have you invested with Cayugasoft Tech?

The cost of Cayugasoft Tech’s work was about $30,000.

We started working with Cayugasoft Tech in 2015. The project was completed in 2016.

The code was clean and it worked. There was nothing else we measured Cayugasoft Tech against.

How did Cayugasoft Tech perform from a project management standpoint?

It was a fairly simple project involving a developer and project manager. The project manager was available all the time, and we had no roadblocks. The communication was fairly straightforward.

What did you find most impressive about Cayugasoft Tech?

I’ve only worked with Cayugasoft Tech, so I couldn’t compare them with anyone else. They were competent, though.

Are there any areas Cayugasoft Tech could improve?

No. I was overall satisfied and have no complaints.

I sometimes needed additional explanations of the work.
    I have recommended them.

Web App Development for Marketplace Startup

"I could not have dreamt of having a better project manager than the one assigned by CayugaSoft."

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

CayugaSoft Technologies developed a functional web application product for an early-stage startup providing an online marketplace for wellness services.

Founder, Marketplace Startup

CayugaSoft Technologies provided a wonderful experience and delivered a product with few bugs that was easy to work with. The project manager was understanding and organized in terms of managing ideas, following up, and delivering on time. They handled outsourcing very well and had an amazing team full of nice people.

We are an early-stage startup providing a marketplace for wellness services. I am the founder of the company.

I have been working in the tech world for a long time on the business side, but choosing a language for my current platform was a challenge. I asked CayugaSoft to explain to me in plain English why they would choose one platform over another. I was told that, although there are newer languages available, the advantage of established ones is that they offer many tools and widgets which we can leverage. The recommendation made sense to me, and I liked CayugaSoft's ability to deal with me at a non-technical level.

CayugaSoft assigned one lead and one part-time developer, as well as a testing team. I had regular meetings with the lead developer.

How did you come to work with CayugaSoft Technologies?

I never had a connection with this market before. I found CayugaSoft through a European service for matching clients with software development companies and reviewed them along with 15 other candidates. I could see that CayugaSoft could clearly see what I wanted to do, based on their high-level briefing. They went beyond what was being asked by our group, giving me more details about what could be done in a way that made me confident in CayugaSoft's skills.

How much have you invested with CayugaSoft Technologies?

The cost of CayugaSoft's services has been between $50,000 and $100,000.

We started working with CayugaSoft in February 2016, and have an ongoing collaboration. The progress has been slow, given that I'm doing this while still working a full-time job. We are in the final stages of development. It has been a wonderful experience so far, and I would love to work with CayugaSoft in the future.

CayugaSoft Technologies has delivered a functional product. It has a few bugs, but not to an overwhelming degree. I found CayugaSoft easy to work with, especially at this stage.

How did CayugaSoft Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

The team was amazing. I could not have dreamt of having a better project manager than the one assigned by CayugaSoft. She was understanding and knew what to say in order to reassure me.

We used JIRA, Slack, and Google Docs. CayugaSoft has been much more organized than me in terms of managing my ideas, following up, and delivering on time. I was usually late for our scheduled calls.

What did you find most impressive about CayugaSoft Technologies?

CayugaSoft has a team of very nice people. I received messages for Christmas and Thanksgiving, even though they are based in East Europe. CayugaSoft handles outsourcing very well.

From a technology point of view, I had a hard time understanding test-driven development. CayugaSoft was able to explain it to me, allowing me to make the right decision in terms of cost and good-quality code. CayugaSoft has gone above and beyond, treating my project as their own and bringing a creative approach to solving problems. There were times when I didn't know how a certain feature could be created, and CayugaSoft came up with good solutions every time.

Are there any areas CayugaSoft Technologies could improve?

The cost could be lower, but I don't think that this is a realistic possibility.

Overall Score Working with CayugaSoft Technologies has been the highlight of my year.
    CayugaSoft Technologies was very meticulous about keeping us on schedule. Any delays were because of me.
    I have seen other offers, and never chose the cheapest one.
    CayugaSoft Technologies has delivered what I needed, and more.
    I have been quiet about my own project, so I have not recommended CayugaSoft Technologies, but I would do so if given the chance.

Game App Development for Gaming Company

"They just get the work done and it gets done fast, so that’s been big as far as revenue generation in our company."

2015 - 2017

Cayugasoft Technologies helped the mobile games development platform with HTML5 game development for both web browsers and native Android and iOS mobile applications.​

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Matt Rodgers
Director, WildTangent, Inc

The client had at least 3 times ROI on the blackjack game that Cayugasoft developed. The firm also demonstrated good technical knowledge as well as great English speaking skills. They performed well while getting the job done fast in an organized and timely manner.​

I’m the director of development for the app studio. The company, WildTangent, is primarily a publisher of games for desktop, PCs, and mobile devices.

What challenge were you trying to address with Cayugasoft Technologies?

Our company uses a combination of internal resources to really drive some of our products and then we rely on external partners, whether it’s for engineering, art, music, or sound, to really help add additional resources to our teams in an affordable manner. It’s a combination of additional resources but also affordable resources.

The platform is mainly mobile games for Android and iOS apps. We mainly used Unity 3D, a game development platform. That’s where we do most of our mobile apps with Android and iOS. Recently, we’ve been doing some web development using HTML5. Cayugasoft Technologies has helped us over the last few months with some HTML5 game development. That would be both for web browsers and for native mobile apps for Android and iOS.

I would typically have a project manager on their side helping to oversee with scheduling and language translations. Usually, it’s between 1 to 3 developers that we work with, but we kind of scale up and down as needed, based on the amount of projects we have.

How did you come to work with Cayugasoft Technologies?

They reached out to me initially when I was at a different company, an independent game studio. I was vetting a few outsourced vendor development studios. Cayugasoft is based out of New York, so they have a domestic presence. I felt really comfortable with them over some of the other companies initially. You’re making a guess, so to speak, on which one is the best and so far it’s worked out great. More or less, this is the third company I’ve been with that I’ve worked with Cayugasoft on, so I’m a return user for sure.

How much have you invested with Cayugasoft Technologies?

We have invested between $10,000 and $50,000. We’ve done a number of projects, but our last 2 projects with them were 2 different apps across a couple of different platforms. I would say they were both in the $15,000 range each.

It’s been about a year that we started. We’ve released 3 products in the year, so each product that we’ve done has taken somewhere around 3 to 4 months to complete. We completed our third project with them just before the holidays. The work is ongoing as needed. At least in this role that I’m in, we sign up for 3 months’ worth of work, so we plan ahead for 3 months and we sign a work agreement, and then we reassess every 3 months. That’s generally how it’s been. It’s not a written rule or anything like that.

We have a blackjack game that Cayugasoft did all the development on. Right now, it has 300,000 downloads over a 6 to 9-month period. It’s only been out for 6 months, which is pretty good for a year without a lot of marketing. It’s really organic. We’ve had at least 3 times ROI [return on investment] on our blackjack game. That’s been pretty positive. We have just released some other games more recently that are still growing at this point.

How did Cayugasoft Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management is really good. I’ve worked with 3 different project managers throughout this period. It’s been about 5 years since I’ve been working with Cayugasoft. The current project manager has been there over 2 years. She’s great. Generally speaking, they are based out of the Ukraine but they speak great English. They are very organized, punctual, and really know what they are talking about and have a sense of what’s going on a little bit more technically than most. They’re very on point and easy to talk to.

I know they use JIRA. We’ve been using Hansoft. We use that with them on our side as well as JIRA. We use Slack as a communication tool and Skype for weekly conference calls. We also used code repositories.

What did you most impressive about Cayugasoft Technologies?

It’s a general statement but it doesn’t apply to all external developers, but I think they just get the job done. They get it done fast. A lot of times with external developers, the quality that you get is directly related to the guidance that you give. If you just tell them to go and do something, they’ll do it quickly and it’ll work. It might not be exactly how your internal team has been doing things, so there could be conflicts as far as that goes in implementation differences. But the overwhelming positive quality is that, what seems like overnight, more stuff gets done than what is done internally in a week. It sometimes feels like that, but any upfront guidance that you provide would certainly help you as far as integrating with other people’s work. They just get the work done and it gets done fast, so that’s been big as far as revenue generation in our company.

Are there any areas Cayugasoft Technologies could improve?

I think it goes back to guidance. It’s hard to say what they could improve on it if you didn’t give them the initial directions. I don’t think there’s anything major that I can really think of.

I think that’s the biggest thing. It’s a combination of the cost and the productivity. It was definitely worth the expense.
    The work gets done on time, gets done quickly, and it works. Without guidance though, the code can sometimes have different standards than what you are used to in your own internal company.
    I have recommended them. As I move from company to company, I bring them along and recommend them to whoever approves my budgets. I certainly wouldn’t hesitate to provide a recommendation.