100% USA-Crafted Agile iOS, Android, and Web Apps

Camber Creative thrives on an obsession for technology-enabled customer experiences and the creative that fuels consumer interaction. We're all about creating maximum lift for brands in the form of sound strategy, elegant and intuitive experiences, and outcomes-oriented service. We work with large organizations, startups, and even agencies to fulfill all app development needs. We're equally comfortable as pilot, co-pilot, or navigator on your iOS, Android, and Web app development projects.

We are experienced with:

• product strategy and customer fit
  • user story and feature specifications (Confluence)
  • sprint and release planning, scrum management (JIRA)
  • server architecture and devops workflow
  • version control (GitHub, BitBucket)
  • user experience and user interface design (Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
  • interactive prototypes (InVision)
  • interface animation
  • back-end programming (Ruby, PHP, Python, JAVA, Heroku, Drupal, Google App Engine, Laravel, Firebase, etc.)
  • API design and development (REST)
  • 3rd Party API integration (Facebook, Twitter, Google Analytics, Google Maps, Stripe, Branch.io, Realm, Slack, etc.)
  • iOS app development (Obj-C, Swift)
  • Android app development (JAVA)
  • front-end web development (HTML, CSS, JS, ReactJS, AngularJS, React Native)

Orlando, FL

JooxIt iOS & Android Apps

JooxIt is an app on iOS and Android that allows music fans to earn exclusive rewards from the bands and DJs they love by streaming tracks, checking in at events, and sharing content on social media.

JOOX Music teamed up with Camber Creative for a full redesign and rebuild of their apps on iOS and Android in a major version 2.0 relaunch effort.

Our redesign included great new features like the ability to

enter contests and redeem rewards inside the app. It also included persistent audio streaming playback controls and custom social media login and content sharing features.

JooxIt for iOS

• Stripe credit card processing
  • SoundCloud music streaming
  • SongKick concert calendar

To Eat List iOS App

To Eat List is an iOS app that helps you discover new restauarants from the people you already know and trust.

Follow your friends, save restaurants that you want to try, get notified when you’re near a restaurant on your list, and favorite and share the places you would recommend. It’s almost as good as having a best friend in every city in the world.

To Eat List was incubated right here inside the Camber

Creative family!

One of our own super talented (and super foodie) designers founded To Eat List to solve a problem very near and dear to him — where to eat next.

We handled the full-stack development of To Eat List’s beta and first release for iOS.

To Eat List website

• Firebase backend

• Native iOS development (obj-c/swift)

• Buddybuild & Testflight Continuous Integration

• Facebook Login for one-tap user signup

• Foursquare places api

• Branch Metrics deep links

PartyTutor iOS App

PartyTutor-logo

PartyTutor is an iOS app that helps college-goers maximize their higher education experience. It offers a single source for all the area bar and restaurant specials and events, tips for college housing, and can’t-miss deals for PartyTutor Premium subscribers to redeem throughout the

semester.

A web-based business intelligence and content management dashboard enable PartyTutor administrators on-demand control of app content and granular data about app usage that adds value to the services PartyTutor can offer to users and sponsors.

PartyTutor for iOS

PartyTutor website

• Ruby on Rails back-end & api

• Angular JS web development

• Native iOS development

• Realm database offline-first features

• BuddyBuild continuous integration

• Intercom messaging and push notifications

• Facebook Login for one-tap user signup

• Stripe subscription payments

• Branch deep links

• Google analytics

Web Development for At-Risk Youth Nonprofit

"I’m extremely pleased with Camber's approach and our end product."

Mar. - June 2018

Camber Creative took over both technical and creative efforts to build a website from scratch that replaced two obsolete ones, housing all the information in just one place.

Talladega, Alabama
Doug Marshall
President & CEO, Presbyterian Home for Children

The new website better represents the company and improved its overall online presence, projecting a superior image of all the services offered and attracting donors and grant opportunities. Camber Creative also excels at customer service and delivering expeditiously.

I’m the president and CEO of The Presbyterian Home for Children, a nonprofit organization that has been in existence for 150 years. We’re a residential therapeutic treatment facility for teenage girls who have experienced severe abuse and neglect. We also provide housing and wrap-around program support to homeless boys and girls, along with their female caregivers.

That same support is provided to homeless young women from ages 19 to 24. We offer private access to an AdvancED fully-accredited school and the Ascension Leadership Academy for all of our residential children and other children in the community. Lastly, we offer intensive in-home services through our Family Bridges program for both family preservation and reunification.

For what projects/services did your company hire Camber Creative?

We hired them to build a completely new website for our life-changing programs that's inviting, informative, and comprehensive.

We mainly wanted a high-end website built at a reasonable price and completed in a short period.

Camber Creative was recommended to us by someone that we highly trusted from the web development world.

Camber Creative built the website from scratch, combining what used to be two different websites—the home and school. We gave them all the information on our programs and they provided the technical and creative expertise to make it into reality.

Our development director worked with two of their team members.

We now have a robust website that we’re proud of and which matches the quality of the services we provide every single day to children, adults, and families. This is important for so many of our stakeholders, including current and potential donors as well as the organizations providing grants that we are applying for. I’m extremely pleased with Camber's approach and our end product.

Project management was arranged in sprints, and it was very effective. Any delays were a direct result of competing priorities on our end. They worked seamlessly with our development director in a true team effort and responded to any concerns or problems along the way in an expedited manner with exceptional customer service.

The speed at which they were able to move to produce a website exactly the way wanted it was exceptional. Camber significantly raised the bar of excellence for our online presence, which is such an important part of any organization's perception in the community and its ability to make lasting connections for great results down the road.

No, I was extremely pleased and would recommend them to my network.

Mobile App Dev for Mindfulness Platform

"I really don't think I could have found a more reliable development partner."

Apr. 2018 - Ongoing

Camber Creative built and launched an MVP of an app. They did full-stack development, including UI design. They’re currently working on a second version.

Founder/CEO, Mindfulness Tech Company

The successful launch of the MVP within budget led to the extension of an additional development offer. Their integrative agile process and thorough prototyping helped to optimize functionality. Expect a partner with an effective and collaborative process who can deliver quality products.

I am the founder of a mindfulness app.

For what projects/services did your company hire Camber Creative?

I needed a team to help with design, coding, and uploading to the App Store.

I wanted an MVP of my app.

I selected them based on reviews on Clutch and developer websites. Before I hired them, I gave them some broad story epics, which they organized and discussed with me on an introductory call.

I initially spoke with the programmer and designer who ended up writing the code and designing the UI. They built and launched the MVP within their estimate and on budget.

I worked with a project manager, a coder, and a developer.

Their work on the MVP was so good, that we're now working on the second version of the app. Their development capacity from day one was unparalleled—they demonstrated that even before I hired them. They always do what they say they're going to do. I've commissioned them for hundreds of hours of work and will continue to work with them in the future.

They were incredibly accommodating post MVP, and have continued to develop my app on an accelerated schedule. Their workflow has been smooth, collaborative, and timely. They use solid systems for prototyping and systems management, and they're not trying to use free trials of collaboration apps or things that won’t work.

Once I hired them, they immediately plugged me into their agile network and we got to work. They know agile inside and out. I really don't think I could have found a more reliable development partner. They've never given me an excuse for anything because they've never missed a deadline nor a deliverable.

They’ve provided top line design and programming without the overhead that bigger shops have.

No, I’m completely satisfied.

They've been very flexible.
    Their prices are worth it.
    Their deliverables are excellent.

Web App Design & Dev for Lead Management Platform

"They're the best people I've met with these skills."

Jun. 2017 - Ongoing

Using React and Laravel, Camber Creative designed and developed a lead management web app for real estate investors. The platform connects with Webhooks Integrations and features automated follow-up sequences.

Walnut, California
John Whitfield
Co-Founder & CTO, InvestorFuse

Camber Creative has proven to be a capable long-term partner. Their extensive development experience is showcased well in a reliable and intuitive product. The team communicates well and is responsive to all questions. Future collaboration is planned as a result of the project’s success.

I am a co-founder and the CTO of InvestorFuse. We are an application for real estate investors to help manage their leads.

What challenge were you trying to address with Camber Creative?

We built the first version of our application on a different piece of software so that it acted as an overlay or extension of that piece. We later decided that we wanted to branch off on our own and build our own software, so we reached out to Camber Creative to help us do that.

We approached Camber Creative with guidelines of what we wanted and how we thought it should function, but they took it upon themselves to do much of the design. My business partner and I are not coders or developers, so we also relied on them to help us determine the right stack based on what we wanted our users to be able to accomplish. Ultimately, we selected React for the frontend and Laravel for the backend. It also utilizes Firebase and is hosted on AWS.

Our platform is a web application that serves as a lead management system. It collects leads from any source using Webhooks Integrations. Every lead has an action as it progresses through its life cycle until our users close the deal. The follow-up sequence is the app’s most significant feature—users add a lead to the follow-up sequence, and it will send out emails and texts on an automated schedule.

Brice (Founder/CEO, Camber Creative) handled much of the UI/UX design. Once we transitioned into development, we worked more with a project manager and four main developers, though others were available as necessary.

How did you come to work with Camber Creative?

Brice and I went to college together, so I’ve known him since long before he started Camber Creative.

We’ve spent at least $250,000 so far.

We’ve worked together since June 2017. We recently launched, but Camber Creative is still actively performing maintenance, fixing some bugs, and adding features.

The app is reliable, and we’ve experienced no downtime. Our user feedback has been very promising—they’re finding it practical and intuitive.

How did Camber Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

We’ll have weekly meetings with the project manager to go over the two-week sprint cycles. Otherwise, we’ll communicate via Slack and Jira. They’ve always been very responsive and able to resolve issues on the same day they occur.

They built a fantastic team. Camber Creative has a wealth of experience in building what we needed. We look forward to engaging their mobile application development team in the future.

No, nothing stands out as needing improvement. When we first started, we wanted to ramp up and go faster, but they had issues finding good talent. That’s since been resolved, of course, and they’re growing and adding people to their team.

I’d recommend coming prepared with the ability to describe what you want because Camber Creative can definitely fill in the gaps. The more information you provide, the more the product will turn out how you envision. It’s also vital for you to be a responsive client, just as you’d want them to be a responsive vendor.

Overall Score They're the best people I've met with these skills.
    I'd refer them in a heartbeat.

iOS Development of Active Lifestyle Content App

“I’m happy with everything and we haven’t needed to issue maintenance."

Apr. - Oct. 2017

Using Swift, Camber built out a media platform app for iOS. They integrated a web automation system with the CMS to gather online media and publish it on the app. Content is edited and tagged before publishing.

Tampa, Florida
Ethan Mellish
Co-founder, FitFlo App

Due to several factors, there was a discrepancy between the project scope and the product delivered. Through effective utilization of project management tools, Camber took ownership and rectified the issue free of charge. Ultimately, they developed a successful app and did so within budget.

I’m the co-founder and CEO of FitFlo. It’s an active lifestyle app that aggregates fitness content from various online sources.

What challenge were you trying to address with Camber Creative?

We needed a development firm to create our iOS app.

Camber developed our app from scratch. It’s essentially a media platform built in Swift that curates fitness-related content from websites, YouTube vlogs, and popular Instagram influencers. They integrated a web automation service called Zapier into the Contentful-based CMS. This system is what allows to us to edit, categorize, tag, and publish content directly to the app. We can also archive content or delete things if we need too. Once all that was developed, they used Buddybuild for testing.

They have a variety of people who work in different aspects, so they pair you with a team depending on the project’s requirements. I worked directly with a backend developer, but there was also a frontend developer and a graphic designer.

How did you come to work with Camber Creative?

We initially intended to outsource the work but were concerned that a low asking price would yield a low-quality product. A colleague recommended Camber after they successfully built a website for his non-profit website. I was very new to app development at the time, so we didn’t engage with them solely based on the referral. I continued to speak with them over the next year and researched other options as well. I concluded that there wasn’t another vendor that could match up to Camber.

We spent $23,000.

The project took place April 2017­–October 2017.

We just launched the app in January, but I’m happy with everything and we haven’t needed to issue maintenance. They did a great job.

How did Camber Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

We had one disagreement over a difference in what was promised and what they delivered. That call was relatively simple as they did an excellent job of emailing and categorizing everything in JIRA. Once I pointed out the issue, they agreed and started working on it within the hour. This small deviation was caused by a number of things that they didn’t have too much control over, but they took responsibility and communicated a precise method of resolution. We used Branch and Fabric for data analytics throughout the engagement. Additionally, we communicated mostly through Slack.

They worked within the budget and it ended up being cheaper than the original estimate. I never felt like they were charging us for anything unnecessary. I was impressed with how they recognized a mistake and fixed the problem for free. Other companies might not have done that considering we already paid them. They didn't have a financial incentive to fix the issue.

I don’t have any significant criticism.

Have a contingency plan and be flexible because no developer can completely predict how a process will go. Communicate what you want to have done in the form of a contract or email to protect yourself because projects like this are risks. It’s vital to have a clear scope of work written down and agreed upon. However, the developers of Camber Creative are really good about honesty and integrity.

Series of WordPress Development Projects

"Their organization and project management are the most impressive I’ve ever seen."

May 2017 - Ongoing

Camber designed and coded user-facing WordPress sites and landing pages. Work included map and search features. They continue to provide design and development services.

Aaron Greewald
Co-Founder, Unmanned Safety Institute

Camber’s design and development work impressed a billion-dollar partner and will soon earn them a much larger project. The team’s professionalism stands out in their detail-oriented documentation, agile staging, and “stellar” project management. Their competence makes handing off tasks worry-free.

I am the president and co-founder of the Unmanned Safety Institute. We provide training and certification services for those seeking to become professional drone pilots for major corporations. Fields include the oil and gas sector, electric utilities, telecommunications, public safety, and others.

What challenge were you trying to address with Camber Creative?

Initially, we sought out Camber Creative to help us clean up some of our user-facing and marketing pages on our website. We relied on them to complete some of the design and to develop and implement the functionality. After they demonstrated their expertise in specific aspects, we grew from there, and moved them on to more complex assignments.

Camber uses Agile and Scrum methodology. Their team wrote code and script for more in-depth webpage functionality and implemented subdomains and membership sites. They created a Google Maps and search feature so our customers can find our locations around the world.

On a basic level, they have expertise in creating and writing code for WordPress sites, which has been helpful. But they also are experts at organic coding—I believe using PHP—and that’s helped us scale up our web presence.

We have at least three resources from Camber Creative’s team working on our project, but possibly more. For the most part, the project manager has been our single point of contact, and he has been great. We’ve had weekly touch point calls, which have been really helpful. At times, some technical developers have also contacted me for clarification on issues.

How did you come to work with Camber Creative?

A personal reference introduced us to them. They demonstrated professionalism during my initial outreach, and they did everything methodically. That stood out to me, in comparison to all the other developers we’d used in the past, whether freelancers or small firms providing the same services.

We have spent approximately $25,000 so far.

We started working together in May 2017, and the work is currently ongoing.

I have shared their work with some of our partners in the drone industry. We partner with DJI in China, a billion-dollar company and a leader in consumer drones. Camber helped us create a dedicated webpage for this partnership, and DJI responded very favorably to the design treatment and functionality.

Over time, we hope to have more examples to draw from—we’ve launched some new products that will be a direct result of Camber’s work.

How did Camber Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

Camber has been by far the most professional I’ve worked with. They are very detail-oriented at documenting their work—in their work proposals and specific backlog task tracking, etc. They brought not only the developer expertise that we expected, but also project management expertise.

Their communication is excellent. I can communicate with them in real time through Slack and get a response almost immediately, even if it is late in the day. I can also access our sprints and backlog via JIRA, which they maintain daily. I can see what is in the pipeline, what is being worked on now, and what has been completed or flagged for review. The whole project management process has been stellar.

I can confidently offload a task to them, knowing that their team will see it through to completion. This has been a much different experience from other developers we have worked with, where we had to hold their hand through the process.

I am a big fan of everything they do. I’ve really appreciated their communication, including their response to my urgent requests outside of business hours. Their organization and project management are the most impressive I’ve ever seen.

Nothing comes to mind. We have used them for a few small projects so far, and are looking to award them with a contract for a much larger project.

Do you have advice for potential customers?

As far as advice for someone considering working with Camber: As with any developer, I would urge them to get at least one reference of past completed work. I would also talk with the project manager to understand their approach and the plan to accomplish the task, especially timelines and cost.

We have never had any cost overruns, but Camber mostly works on a time and materials basis; they don’t do a firm fixed price. It’s hard to judge the total cost of a project up front. We have had them build based on estimates, which helped us determine our budget and our confidence level for launching the product. That way we avoided needing to obtain more money for the project later on.

Overall Score They are an awesome company to work with–I’m looking forward to continuing to work with them.
    They are a small team, so meeting our deadlines can be difficult. That’s partly due to me giving them new work. A few of the projects have taken slightly longer than I expected.
    They are a little more expensive than I am used to, but I recognize they are a U.S.-based company with several significant technical developers.
    It has been great. They have a fantastic design team, and all of their deliverables work properly.
    I am happy to serve as a reference for anyone considering Camber Creative.

Ruby Web App for Crowdfunding Non-profit Causes

"If you want to be around good people, choose Camber."

Sept. 2016 - June 2017

Camber Creative built a Ruby-based crowdfunding site, integrating Stripe Beneficiary API and enabling users to create accounts and modify pages.

Thomas Waterman
Founder, Backstory

While the team could have been a little more forthcoming with recommendations, the web app was successfully launched without incident. A highly responsive and transparent project management style more than satisfied the client's expectations.

I’m the founder of a company called BackStory. We're a crowdfunding platform for non-profits. We bring the stories of social causes to life and then we empower the community to give them the more positive endings they deserve. We’re not a non-profit, but we serve non-profits and we serve corporate partners as well. We incentivize corporate partners to underwrite the campaigns for non-profits by giving them positive branding experiences and then poling engagement experiences.

What challenge were you trying to address with Camber Creative?

Essentially, I had all the concepts and everything in place but had no way to build anything. I had a very primitive WordPress site and it was awful and I knew it. So, I had the basic WordPress website already but I wanted to build something custom from the ground up. I needed a web application that acts as a crowd funding platform.

I just needed him to build my web app. I needed it to play video. It had to be dynamic so I could add things to it, like new pages. I need it to be beautifully designed. It needed to be able to accept money from multiple people. Specifically, it had to work with the Stripe Beneficiary API, which allows for money to go straight from the donor to the intended non-profit. Finally, I needed it be super responsive and look beautiful at all times, across all platforms. I’m pleased to say that it is just that.

I’m pretty sure the web app is mainly built with Ruby. I should also mention it allows users to create accounts that they can customize and allows them to customize pages of their own as well. The payment gateway has security around it, too. It’s brilliant.

Kyle [Kirkland] was the project manager at the time. Later, I was transitioned to Jonah, another project manager. I also interacted directly with other developers. Jonah [Katz] was the main builder of the site and there are a couple of other people. I didn't know them that well but we would chat briefly on Slack.

How did you come to work with Camber Creative?

Brice Gramm [founder, Camber Creative] was a fraternity brother of mine and he also built another app for one of our other close friends called Party Tutor that’s just beautiful, elegant, and works great. I fully trusted him based on his previous work but also more on his character as a fraternity brother.

I looked at using another development team, I forget their name. They gave me a design mockup, but it just wasn’t up to the standards that Brice has so it was easy to make the choice.

I spent around $40,000 to $45,000.

We started working in September last year and we basically finished everything in early June. The timeline for the project went longer than originally projected but that was because I didn't understand the scope of what I wanted and I changed it a few times. I ended up spending more money and a little more time than I should have but that is on me, not them.

In the six weeks since we launched, we’ve had 183 donors, or “story heroes” as we like to call them who have successfully backed “stories” with donations ranging from $25 all the way up to $1,500. We raised over $20,000 on the platform for our first campaign. Everything went seamless with our launch. There were a few bugs along the way, but they picked them up and that's to be expected.

How did Camber Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

I think they're caring. They're always available so I can ask a question on the fly and they're pretty much always available. We do weekly calls on Monday's to catch up and get on the same page. Another cool thing they do is lay out the whole spread for the week. They prepare the plan and we have this dynamic Scrum board that we both can look at. I can test things live and it's constantly a very transparent experience.

They delivered the project on time for our launch event. You should have seen them the day before the launch. They were on all cylinders working night shifts getting this thing ready, so I was impressed.

What’s most impressive is their responsiveness and transparency. If I ever have a question about anything under the sun, they’re available to me. I could just reach out to them and they'll pretty much always have an answer for me. I also like how everything related to the project is on a Scrum board and I see what's going on in real-time. I never feel like I'm really in the dark. Those are probably my two favorite things.

What recommendations would you make to someone considering hiring Camber Creative?

I would say, “do it.” Brice is an elegant designer and he's all about simplicity and not overdoing it. He also comes with a very mindful approach. He doesn't just create stuff. He always has a really deep, powerful explanation for why he's doing what he's doing. Plus, I find them to be generally good people. If you want to be around good people, choose Camber.

Overall Score it really meant a lot that a few of the guys showed up to the launch party and really, really bought into what I was doing
    They're pretty good. I ask a lot sometimes and they deliver a lot most of the time.
    A lot of bang for the buck.

Full iOS Development for Pair of Events Apps

"Camber Creative has gone above and beyond in creating user interfaces and user experiences."

July 2016 - Ongoing

Camber Creative created 2 event-focused iOS mobile apps from scratch which incorporate a bespoke CMS and API to easily manage content.

Brent Henderson
Founder & CEO, PartyTutor App

The first app has over 6,000 downloads from the App Store, and the second launch has 1,400 daily users. Camber Creative generated powerful UI and UX products that are on par with some of the highest-ranking items on the App Store.

Party Tutor helps students discover local events and deals around college campuses. Our other mobile app is called ‎Zupp, which is an event-discovery app for big cities.

I am the founder and chief executive officer of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Camber Creative?

We were looking to build out our mobile apps for iOS in particular.

Camber Creative developed the backend and frontend of our apps, as well as designing their user-interfaces.

Party Tutor was developed exclusively for iOS. Camber Creative created a CMS [content management system] through which we could input information to the database. The app pulled that info through an API. Everything was done from scratch, from designs to the code. Camber Creative also worked on creating the overall story points and coming up with a project estimate.

How did you come to work with Camber Creative?

I knew one of Camber Creative's employees from college. I was looking for a developer when he was joining the company, and I decided to hire Camber Creative. I trusted my friend, but I also based my decision on the upfront design which Camber Creative supplied.

The cost of Camber Creative's work has been around $70,000 for both apps.

We started working with Camber Creative in July 2016.

Camber Creative's work is high-quality, and I am satisfied with the communication. Zupp has been downloaded around 6,000 times since its launch.

I first launched Party Tutor 6 years ago but didn't start work on it again until I started the collaboration with Camber Creative in September 2016. Since then, it's gained 6,000 additional downloads. It has a daily usage of 1,400 users.

How did Camber Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

We have worked in 2-week sprints. I have calls with Camber Creative's team every Monday and also on Fridays, on occasion, in order to have an event recap. We plan for the next sprint and make an estimation of story points. We communicate through Slack, and Camber Creative's members have made themselves available around the clock in order to handle my concerns in a professional manner. I am billed bi-weekly.

What distinguishes Camber Creative from other providers?

Camber Creative has gone above and beyond in creating user interfaces and user experiences which are on par with some of the most popular apps on the App Store at the moment. They're able to create outstanding mobile experiences which can put an app on par with others.

Is there anything Camber Creative could have improved or done differently?

Nothing comes to mind.

Camber Creative is always available, even beyond normal business hours. I've been happy with their flexibility in responding to me.
    Relative to outside-agency costs, Camber Creative has reasonable costs. I am satisfied with the quality I've gotten for my money.
    The app stands out in terms of overall user-experience, load speed, efficiency, and stability.
    I've done it plenty of times already. Camber Creative can provide more than sufficient quality with respect to how an app needs to function and look nowadays.

iOS & Web App for Restaurant Discovery Tool

"They provided feedback if they thought that where I was going wasn’t a good idea."

Nov. 2015 - Ongoing

An entrepreneur with an idea for discovering restaurants through friends tasked Camber Creative with turning storyboards with visuals into a functioning iOS app and website.

Entrepreneur

Founder, Restaurant Search App

The only cost overruns were a result of agreed upon scope changes as the vision was refined. Camber Creative provided strategic level advice and easily adapted to evolving requirements.

I’m the founder of a restaurant discovery app. We help people discover restaurants through their friends and the people that they trust the most. It’s based on friends’ favorites around different cities and states. Right now, I’m the only person employed. I’ll be gaining some team members over the next few months.

What challenge were you trying to address with Camber Creative?

We had a lot of the app created from a design standpoint but I needed someone to do the mobile and website development.

I provided the visual assets and then Camber Creative brought everything over to iOS and the web. The main requirement was to create the social network around restaurant discovery on the iOS app. The web side of things was made in order to be able to use portions of the application and benefit people who may not be on the app, yet. You can share some factors with people outside the app and be able to provide them value through SMS messaging and restaurant recommendations. People can still utilize portions of the app without needing the app. To do this, we’re tying portions of the iOS app into the website.

I worked directly with the developers on the project. There was a regular developer and an iOS developer. They used the Agile method and they did two-week sprints. We would have conversations about what we wanted to do in the next two weeks and then we would work on those specific actionable items.

How did you come to work with Camber Creative?

We’re all from the same state so I was able to find them through connections in Orlando. I decided to use them because of the way they do business. They’re able to provide things at a lower cost than a larger agency would. I have past experience with the owner, so I had some trust there already.

How much have you invested with Camber Creative?

The total cost has been approximately $35,000 so far.

I started working with them in November 2015 and the work is ongoing.

We have over 100 people signed up for the beta testing. There are 20–25 active beta users currently. We have a Facebook group for the users that are testing it in order to create an open dialogue for who’s experiencing what and who’s loving what. We encourage them to post any issues they’re experiencing as well. Feature requests have been added to the app through the testing. We have 29 active monthly users, 19 weekly users, and 10 daily users. The overall crash rate is 18 incidents and seven users impacted overall. A lot of those crashes were from two specific users who had signed up early on and didn’t have usernames.

What did you find most impressive about Camber Creative?

They are very flexible. We pivoted a few times because of what I wanted to do, and they were able to make the proper adjustments. They provided feedback if they thought that where I was going wasn’t a good idea.

Are there any areas Camber Creative could improve?

There could be more communication about issues that might come up in the future. We had everything on Parse and then they said that they were shutting down, so we discussed transferring to Firebase but didn’t want to lose any data. Then, we found out that we would lose data by switching over. There could have been more communication on that. We did address this later on so the issue was fixed in the end.

They met expectations. They were readily available when I would contact them. We had weekly standups.
    Anything over the original budget was due to increased scope. They stayed in line with what they originally quoted.
    I loved their adaptability but there were some communication issues.

UI/UX Enhancements for Fan Engagement Apps

"I have no issues giving them a wholehearted recommendation."

Jan. - July 2016

Camber Creative provided a UX/UI overhaul of iOS and Android versions of a fan-engagement app.

CTO, JOOX Music

Pros included iOS development expertise and strong communication of timelines and expectations. One setback occurred with a .NET resource but was quickly corrected.

I am the chief technology officer of JOOX Music, a social music promotion company. We provide a frequent-flier system allowing fans to connect with artists.

What challenge were you trying to address with Camber Creative?

We needed help with developing our iOS and Android apps, along with a backend infrastructure supporting them.

Camber Creative took control of the development for our apps, reproducing them and reuploading them to the stores. We also started an initiative to rebrand the apps and refresh their UI/UX. This was first done for the iOS version, while the Android work took a bit longer. During this process, we've added a number of outstanding features to enhance the product.

How did you come to work with Camber Creative?

They came as a referral from a colleague who knew their principal personally. We hit it off well at our first meetings, in terms of identifying a common vision. Previously, we had been working with an offshore Russian company and were unhappy with the quality of their product. We expedited the process of phasing out that existing contract so we could work with Camber Creative.

How much have you invested with Camber Creative?

The cost of Camber Creative's services has been around $150,000.

We started working with Camber Creative in January 2016 and the work was concluded in July. At that time, we felt that we needed to bring in some in-house talent to take over development. We hired 3 developers over the course of 6 weeks and migrated the work to them. It would be the most cost-effective option for us, given that we knew where we should take the 3rd version of our apps. We were satisfied with the work done by Camber Creative, but we always intended to use them as a short-term solution for getting our product on track in a quick fashion.

I've enjoyed working with Camber Creative. Their team is talented from a UI/UX perspective. The Android developer we've worked with wasn't quite as good as the iOS one, but they got the job done. The features developed by Camber Creative are in use to this day.

From the start of our work with Camber Creative until the end, our user base grew from 30,000 to around 200,000. We wouldn't have been able to accomplish this without Camber Creative's efforts, both from a UI/UX perspective and an app development one. Camber Creative has made our product more stable and added features which enticed users to stay on the app and return to it.

How did Camber Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

Camber Creative is an Agile shop, which is what we're used to as well. They use Jira and other Atlassian products, which fits well into our framework. We've generally had a minimum of 1 standup meeting per week, with the usual being 2. Camber Creative did a great job in communicating where they were and what the goals were for each week and sprint. We communicated well and had a smooth process. This is definitely one of Camber Creative's strong suits.

What did you find most impressive about Camber Creative?

I've been involved in software development for 30 years. Camber Creative's president is one of the best designers I've seen, from a UI/UX perspective. I wouldn't hesitate to work with him again if I had the opportunity.

Are there any areas Camber Creative could improve?

At one point, Camber Creative was providing some .NET development. The person they brought on wasn't as strong as we required. One of the first things we did was to phase that person out. Overall, we had a very good working relationship with Camber Creative, so we were able to bring the issue to their attention and receive some discounted hours.

Overall Score Camber Creative conformed to our strategy, giving us a chance to get our feet underneath the market.
    I almost never give perfect ratings. The iOS timeframes were spot-on, but we've had some slippage on the Android side. These issues were fully discussed and mediated between our parties.
    Camber Creative is a cost-effective option, giving us decent value. We've had less expensive options, but Camber Creative was by no means the most expensive developer we found.
    We were pleased overall with the talent facilitated by Camber Creative. It ultimately translated into our work product.
    No relationship is perfect, but Camber Creative's willingness to communicate project timelines and general issues through an open channel was appreciated. I have no issues giving them a wholehearted recommendation.