We brand unicorns.

Gold

C42D is the leading branding agency for startups and innovators.

We collaborate with early stage, mid-market, and technology firms to create unforgettable, stand-out brands that engage customers, build audiences, and increase sales.

It’s our mission to launch companies who are solving impossible problems, inventing the future, or improving the lives of everyone on the planet. A lofty goal, for sure, but it all starts with a single step, and perhaps you’ll join us for this journey.

New York, NY
  • 315 W 36th Street
    New York, NY 10018

YouTube, Shazam, Ogilvy, Reebok, Foundation Capital, The Corcoran Group, Adidas, Google

Kindbody

Kindbody came to us needing to get out of the gate fast with a planned NYC launch only months away. The challenge was to strategize, develop and bring to life the brand story and identity, and launch the brand and website in short order.

Shazam for Brands

Our task was to audit all sales tools, collaborate with the Shazam team to refine and evolve the story, create key visuals and a design system, and finally bring it all together with a comprehensive brand guide, presentation templates and a presentation usage guide.

Foundation Capital Website Design & Development

We created a contemporary architecture and user experience design that is consistent with the startup and VC landscape today. We deployed an intuitive and user-friendly CMS that the marketing team uses with ease to update content and manage leads. We created an improved UX that reflected the progressive and contemporary nature of the Foundation brand and implemented a platform for announcements and lead capture, enabling

Foundation to maintain ongoing engagement with its followers.

Winq mobile app branding & UI/UX

In anticipation of its launch in the app store, Winq came to us to develop their brand identity and visual expression, and extend the work to the mobile app interface. We created a unique, expressive brand identity and mobile experience that was a clean and simple reflection of the elegance of the Winq mobile app.

YouTube Calendar

With many initiatives pending for the new year, YouTube needed a simple, engaging way to keep its brand top-of-mind with the planning community. We created a one-of-a-kind, physically interactive, dimensional calendar specifically for media planners and strategists—perfect for one of the original unicorns. And this was no any ordinary calendar. It was custom-crafted from a solid birch wood base carved with YouTube branding

and holding twelve double-sided letterpress calendar cards.

Cuebiq Brand Relaunch

Cuebiq, a global leader in mobility and geospatial analysis, helps marketers answer their most pressing targeting and measurement questions via the industry’s most comprehensive understanding of the offline consumer journey.

Cuebiq needed to evolve its brand position, visual identity, and web presence to embrace its role as market leader, while still reflecting the values and direction of the brand. &nbsp

;

We evolved Cuebiq’s current mark to be unique, ownable, and anchored in its core brand attributes. The resulting logotype uses a custom typeface to animate Cuebiq’s positivity and humanity. We extended that work into a new brand identity system and a rebuilt website experience.

View the full case study here.

Corcoran Group Brand Campaign & Website

We partnered with The Corcoran Group to create a direct response campaign targeting people who want to buy or rent a second home in The Hamptons.

We built a strategy that tapped into the emotional side of the business, by telling the stories of real people who escape NYC to the tranquility of their second homes.

We brought the stories of authentic people who live this lifestyle to life

through a one-word action headline and photography that captures the unique emotion each person finds in the Hamptons. Under a tight timeline, we executed the campaign through a variety of channels: Print ads, videos, digital ads, social media content and a responsve microsite.

The result brought emotion and humanity to the Corcoran Group’s brand. Click-through rates exceeded the industry average by over 700%.  View the full case study here.

Foundation Capital Corporate Identity Rebranding

One of Silicon Valley’s leading VC firms needed to update its branding to reflect it’s decades of unprecedented success. Foundation Capital needed an image that reflected its success, values, and its spectacular new Menlo Park headquarters.

The brand’s final logotype is one of the brand’s most recognizable assets and is rooted in the collaborative nature of its work. We created a comprehensive identity system that can

flex to meet the needs of all brand touchpoints.

The entire project culminated in a successful relaunch of the Foundation Capital brand. Foundation remains one of the leading venture capital firm in the Valley, and we’re proud to have had a role in shaping the identity of one of the best.

Read the full case study here

Branding Collaboration With Full-Service Communications Company

"They make our clients happy and our life easier."

Dec. 2017 - Jan. 2018

After presenting a detailed proposal, C42D built a design template and then created a 170-page book and a 45-minute PowerPoint presentation for a branding campaign.

Director of Brand Strategy, Marino

The product they delivered pleased the client and impressed the project team. Juggling the information coming from multiple sources, they implemented all the edits and changes on time. They've become a go-to branding partner due to their expertise and customized approach.

We're a full-service communications agency, handling everything from public relations to social media and advertising. We develop strategies for our clients to help them achieve their goals and then execute those strategies across multiple media platforms. I'm the director of digital and brand strategy, so I oversee our digital work – both paid and social. I also do branding work, helping our clients develop their messaging and communicate in a more effective way.

What challenge were you trying to address with C42D?

We had a client that was responding to a large RFP, so we had to tell that client's story in the best possible way. We needed to produce various materials, working with multiple agencies to deliver a final product. We started looking for a company to help us develop a strategy to visually tell the story, produce the content, and design the materials.

They helped us produce a 170-page book and a 45-minute PowerPoint presentation. I told them what we needed and they came back to me with a proposal, describing in detail their unique approach, the strategy they were suggesting, the timeline, and the costs. I knew what I was going to get before the work started. Once the budget was approved, their full team came in for a meeting with our team, and we provided them with further information about the project.

We gave them all the assets they needed, and they started building a design template for the book and the presentation. We circulated the template to all the partners who were working with us on that project. C42D also did branding work for us – they chose the fonts and the color scheme for the logo and developed brand guidelines, which we used to develop other materials.

We had a main point of contact, who provided general oversight of the project. We also worked with a product manager, who was making sure all the deliverables were being met, and a few other people who helped us with the book and the presentation.

How did you come to work with them?

I knew them from my previous job. We've met with a lot of designers, but we keep going back to them because they're strategic, creative, and smart. Also, their pricing is fair for the work they do.

We spent about $50,000.

The project started in December 2017 and it was completed in January 2018.

We produce this work on behalf of our clients, and the clients have been very pleased. Every client that has worked with them wanted to continue the relationship. There has never been a dissatisfied client.

I've worked with them on hundreds of projects and keep going back to them because they make the job seamless and easy. (I've worked with other designers as well, but with C42D, I've never had any problems.) They take the initiative and present different options. Understanding the pain points of our business, they always customize the design and the voice for a specific client we have.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They're amazing communicators and are available by phone, e-mail, or texting. It was one of the most difficult projects I've worked on, but they did an unbelievable job of managing the assets and the content. We had the information coming in from about 15 different people at a time, and they didn't miss a single edit, feedback, or change. The project management was one of the best I've ever seen.

They're true partners, which really makes a difference. They feel like an extension of our team – they roll up their sleeves and get down to the project, taking on the work like it's their own. That's been their greatest asset to me. The work they do is fantastic and they always adhere to deadlines.

No, I haven't had any problems with them. They exceeded our expectations.

Overall Score It's been a wonderful experience. They make our clients happy and our life – easier. I can only say positive things about them.
    We had a tight timeline and the project was happening over Christmas holidays, but they didn't slip on a deliverable once.
    They give a fair price. They know they do good work and the price matches the work they're producing.
    The architects and designers who worked with us on the project were impressed with what C42D had produced.
    I recommend them all the time, connecting them with anyone I can.

Branding & Logo for Medical Technology Company

"All their work was incredibly personalized to best fit our company.”

n/a

Mar. - July 2017

C42D created a brand identity and logo, relying on market research to guide their designs. Other products include brochures, business cards, and letterhead.

Andrew Goh
CEO, Baymax Research

C42D delivers high-quality work specifically tailored to their clients’ needs and goals. Cutting-edge ideas and active collaboration are top priorities.

I'm the CEO of Baymax Research Incorporated, a medical technology company.

What challenge were you trying to address with C42D?

We wanted to create a brand identity and logo for the whole company.

After hiring C42D, they asked a lot of questions about our design goals and gave examples from other companies’ branding to understand where the market was trending. We brainstormed numerous variations of the logo and designs. They also created marketing brochures, pictures, business cards, and even letterhead to unify our brand identity.

I worked mainly with Dave [Founder, C42D] and Charley [Creative Director, C42D].

How did you come to work with C42D?

I’d known Dave for quite a while but never worked with him. I decided to look at their portfolio, and I liked the refreshing designs. I wanted to move away from designers who’d worked in the medical field before, and I thought C42D would give us a good cutting-edge look from outside the industry.

The project lasted from March–July 2017.

We don’t have any quantitative data, but the feedback and opinions have all been positive.

How did C42D perform from a project management standpoint?

They always delivered on time, and I was satisfied with how they managed the product. We mainly communicated via phone or email.

They thoroughly did their due diligence and background research before presenting anything to me. That’s different from other companies that just give you what they think is best without doing research into the market. All their work was incredibly personalized to best fit our company.

They could consider expanding their business and getting more talent.

Overall Score I have no complaints whatsoever.
    I didn't experience any delays.
  • N/A Cost
    The deliverables were clean, accurate, and precise. They provide the whole package.
    I'd definitely recommend them.

Branding & Design For Data Intelligence Company

"They brought our website to life in a very powerful way."

Mar. - Aug. 2016

C42D conducted a major company rebranding campaign. They helped clarify positioning, mission, and vision statements; built a website; and produced content, printed materials, templates, and a logo.

New York City, New York
Marketing, Data Intelligence Company

C42D delivered a more dynamic, interactive, and user-friendly website that successfully presents the new brand identity. The team was hard working, accommodating, and exceptionally creative. They listened well, provided responsive service, and ensured the project progressed steadily and seamlessly.

I run marketing for a location intelligence and measurements company. We collect and analyze mobile location data to develop our analytics and measurement tool that help marketers and advertisers.

What challenge were you trying to address with C42D?

They helped us with our rebranding. We needed to upgrade the look and feel of our brand, which spans from enhancing our logo to rolling out a completely new website.

They were responsible for reinventing our whole company branding, which was a massive project of paramount importance for us because the brand is the business card for a company. They helped us clean up and rationalize our positioning, mission and vision statements; who we are, where we want to go and how we're going to get there in a powerful, concise way that is clear to our clients when we speak to them. That was the foundation for the development of the brand identity, the new logo, look and feel, the colors, the typography, and the imagery, which ultimately culminated in the new website that they created for us. They also created other branding elements such as templates for presentations, business cards, social media skins, all branding elements you can think of; everything that represents our brand identity that you might find on the internet, at events, it was conceptualized and designed by them.

Our website talks about who we are, how we collect the data, how we analyze it, and then our solutions that we sell to clients. We needed it to be spiced up. The one we had before was very static and flat. The one they did, they applied the new brand look and feel to develop the new website, animated it a little bit to make it more interactive and more engaging in terms of user experience. They created the wire frame, and that created everything. They added the beautiful imagery from our brand identity and brought it to life in a very powerful way. They used WordPress to build the site. When they set up the website and the content of the website, they helped us with the content.

​​​​​​How did you come to work with C42D?

We found them through a recommendation of another current client of theirs that we know.

We kicked it off in March 2017, and we launched the website which completed the project on August 2017.

We've had a lot of clients or even prospects complimenting us on the look and feel of our website. The feedback has been extremely positive across the board from a number of people outside the company and prominent people of their own companies. They say the new look and feel really validates who we are and what we do, which was the objective of the rebranding. As we evolve as a company, we wanted a bigger and better presence.

It definitely worked. I have a ton of qualitative feedback on that. I don't have hard metrics yet on the website. I do see a lot of leads are coming in through the website, but it is more leads than we used to get, just from pure SEO and the website looking so much better.

How did C42D perform from a project management standpoint?

They were really working hard on the project, particularly on the creative side. Their creative mind is really good.

The creativity piece was really outstanding. Ultimately, that's what we hired them for. They were good at listening to us and being responsive. They kept everything moving along as it should, given the timelines they have set. I wish it would have taken less time, but they were very responsive.

I just wish the project would've been shorter, but I understand that there are technical times. When I told them when I needed the project to be completed, they pulled enough resources to make it happen. They were very accommodating, very much on it to make sure that the project will be successful. I don't have anything negative to say about them.

They're expensive; they are very much in line with what other brand agencies at their level charge, but they charge a fair amount.

Branding & Web Dev for Venture Capital Firm

“They’ve been able to adapt to the changes in our business. ...they’ve grown with us.”

2014 - Ongoing

C42D provides comprehensive marketing services, including digital, print, and branding. They also contributed to the design of a recent website build.

San Francisco Bay Area, California
Marketing Partner, Venture Capital Firm

C42D’s full-range marketing expertise has helped branding evolve into a more modern entity, which consistently receives glowing feedback. Their communication, agility, and responsiveness are exceptional, and they continue to be a valued partner.

I am the marketing partner at a venture capital firm located in Silicon Valley that invests in early-stage technology companies. I oversee all of our external communications with entrepreneurs, technologies, and investors.

What challenge were you trying to address with C42D?

For the initial engagement, we wanted to do a lot of external marketing, which required various digital and physical materials across all of our channels. We wanted to focus specifically on content and event marketing, and we were looking for a partner who could work with us across multiple mediums. We wanted to refine the brand and change how it was perceived.

C42D has worked on a multitude of projects with us, including our most recent website build, which was a big undertaking. They’ve worked with us on all of our branding elements, including t-shirt design, presentations, physical print pieces, signage, and other marketing materials.

How did you come to work with C42D?

I was referred to them by a previous employer and some former colleagues, all of whom had positive opinions.

We started working with them in 2014, and the relationship is ongoing.

C42D has consistently delivered for us. They’ve been able to adapt to the changes in our business, and have met the different requests we’ve had across various mediums. They’ve grown with us.

I don’t have any website metrics, but people are often surprised when looking at our marketing materials to find out we’re a venture firm. We don’t appear to be a boring financial services brand to most people because we have a fresh, modern appearance. There’s been a lot of positive feedback regarding the look-and-feel of our marketing products.

How did C42D perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve been timely, communicative, and responsive. C42D is good in terms of taking time for meetings, as well as providing updates. They share their works in progress with us, which allows us to make evaluations at various stages. We use email, phone, and text for communication.

They’re open and honest communicators, and they’ve taken feedback even when we’ve had to make revisions. They work across a variety of sectors and industries, so we’re able to benefit from what they’ve gained in previous experiences.

No, we’re very happy with them.

Do you have any advice for potential clients of C42D?

It’s important to document the work and to provide specific instructions, as well as feedback. In order to work with creative people successfully, they need to be given constraints. This is not specific to C42D, but something regarding creative agencies in general.

They’ve consistently delivered great work.
    I do this all the time.

Web Design for Law Firm

“I feel confident that when C42D comes up with something visually-oriented, it will be striking and sophisticated.”

May 2016 - Jan. 2017

C42D developed and launched a new website in line with a law firm’s rebranding campaign. The team also assisted with content, marketing, and search engine optimization.

New York City, New York
William Rosenstadt
Founding Partner, Ortoli Rosenstadt LLP

C42D’s sophisticated UX design earned positive feedback and helped increase activity on the site. The team excelled at following up on deliverables, which helped keep the project on track. They were highly professional and delivered as promised.

I am the managing partner and a co-founder of Ortoli Rosenstadt LLP, a law firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with C42D?

We had a website in place, but we needed to redo it from scratch because of a rebrand. We wanted to build a new site around our new name and structure.

C42D designed and implemented our website. I am a lawyer, so I have no idea what platform was used. They structured and built every element of our website, including having it available in multiple languages. From a design standpoint, they made most of the decisions. Their team implemented the project from beginning to end.

We provided some of the content, and C42D provided the rest. The site had a variety of pages that were active and being updated, including recent transactions. We also issued press releases on behalf of our clients, not just for our own purposes. C42D needed to make all of that functional, searchable through Google, and connected to popular social media sites.

C42D made a multi-marketing campaign for us based on our website. They also worked on optimized terms.

How did you come to work with C42D?

C42D was one of my clients. I’d known them for years and had represented them in a variety of matters. Knowing that they provide professional, polished work, I turned to C42D and asked them to handle our website project.

The total cost was around $30,000.

We started working with C42D in May or June 2016, and the project ended around January 2017.

We’ve seen an amount of activity on the site as a result of what C42D has done. I think that it’s working, but I can’t provide exact metrics.

I have lots of positive feedback on the design and functionality of the site. I’ve heard it time and time again. I believe that C42D has gotten three clients as a result of our clients asking them to work on their own projects.

How did C42D perform from a project management standpoint?

It took about six months for the site to be built, but I have to assume much of the blame for that timeline. As lawyers, we are not as efficient as we probably should be in terms of dealing with our own marketing materials. C42D spent a lot of time following up with us about our progress. The team was responsive, professional, and organized. We needed a parent figure in the room, and they served that function.

I was impressed with their design, which had the sense of being fresh, new, and constantly evolving. At the same time, their work had a lasting component to it. I feel confident that when C42D comes up with something visually-oriented, it will be striking and sophisticated in its own right.

We were a relatively difficult client, and they did a great job with us.

Overall Score They exceeded our standards.
    We were difficult, so this rating is probably not fair to them. C42D worked hard to meet deadlines and keep us going in the right direction.
    As agreed to, which is always impressive.
    They provided an above-standard product within the timeframe and the budget, as promised.
    I’ve already recommended them to multiple clients.

Branding For Consumer Insights Firm

"I go back to them constantly for their work."

2010 - Ongoing

C42D provides branding services to help interpret a brand visually. This has included PowerPoint and Keynote presentations, the creation of a digital signage system, and logo designs.

Malinda Sanna
CEO, Spark Ideas

C42D's great work has resulted in repeat business for their client. Their account management, flexibility, and consistent great quality work stand out.

I am the CEO of Spark Ideas, and we are a boutique consumer insights firm based in New York. We do qualitative research projects for clients. So, when companies like Google, Hershey's or Aramark need to determine why certain consumer behaviors are happening they engage us to talk to whatever audience is relevant for their needs. Sometimes that's their customers, sometimes that is their competitors' customers, sometimes it's defining a new target audience for them. So, we bring that customer to life using our proprietary research methodology, primarily an app called LookLook.

What challenge were you trying to address with C42D?

I look to partner with C42D any time we need a visual voice developed for our clients. Their expertise to me is really understanding the DNA of a brand and being able to interpret that visually, whether that is in the form of a Keynote or a PowerPoint presentation.

The largest project we ever did with them, which was enormously successful was for a retail chain called FYE, which stands for your entertainment. And this was an unusual project for us because it started with research but we ended up helping them design a new retail concept with a consultant who specializes in retail space. C42D helped us reinvent their logo and an entire inside signage system. So it was very much about giving voice to this new brand, the new philosophy of the brand, the energy of the brand. And they had to work with pretty serious constraints when they couldn't start from zero with the logo. They had to work with what they had. They had to work with the thought of an existing color palette that they somehow managed to bring a really premium tonality and voice to be an entire brand identity for the new pilot store.

Their deliverables were an entire signage system from digital signage to the design down to the smallest bit of point of sale. So there are great problem solvers in terms of figuring out what time this is going to work in tight spaces, as well as the creative end of it which is figuring out what music and visuals work to call attention to promotions.

So that was by far the biggest project that we've done with them. They are also the company that developed the logo for my company. And they have created all of our kind of branded templates, everything from stationery, letterhead to our holiday card to our PowerPoint and keynote presentations. We might be their oldest client and definitely their most regular client. They're like an extension of my own company because they really do understand what a brand is trying to get across and they can quickly translate that into a number of different media.

How did you come to work with C42D?

We met because we were both working on behalf of Time Warner Cable. So, Time Warner Cable had hired us to do a branding project and C42D was hired to put together some branding material. We actually collaborated as a team on that project, and after I decided to hire them to give a voice to our brand. We have never looked anywhere else. There's just no one else I would trust to understand what we want to convey visually. They are really high-end.

For FYE, I believe we paid $40,000. I would say we pay them about $15,000 a year for 5 projects. FYE took place in 2014 and that was unusually high that year because of all the pieces of signage that were part of that project.

We’ve been working with them for 7 years.

It's more subjective and objective in my field. I think the most important indicator is whether clients come back to us. And, we have a lot of repeat business. When people see our research findings interpreted through the visual lens of C42D, they come back to us and sometimes they ask us who is doing the design and we refer them to C42D.

How did C42D perform from a project management standpoint?

It's been a really even growth curve for them. We've grown together as companies, and David Card [Founder at C42D] has trained some excellent people in customer service. They have as good an offering in terms of account management as anyone.

They're very accessible, very responsive, and very nimble. I go back to them constantly for their work. Not every graphic designer can create something as transcendent as they can.

The only thing I can think of is growing pains at certain points. Sometimes they have just been shorthanded you know. But I think that they're in a really good place. I think they're able to manage their workload very smoothly. If you give them a reasonable timeline, they're always able to go through.

Web Design & Branding For Healthcare Company

"They were just very organized, very schedule-driven."

Jan. 2014 - Apr. 2017

C42D redesigned a website to bring in more clients and leads, as well as to give the company and its services more credibility. They also created branded marketing materials, including brochures.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Melinda Brunner
President, Katz Brunner Healthcare

The marketing materials have gotten many compliments at various conventions. C42D was organized, and their creativity was top-notch.

I'm the president and owner of Katz Brunner Healthcare. We are a managed care consulting firm, and we work with our hospital systems primarily in the Midwest part of the country.

What challenge were you trying to address with C42D?

They've actually done quite a myriad of work for us over the years, but most recently they redesigned our company's website. We certainly needed to you know make it more modern and up to date and more relevant to the services that we were providing.

We were looking to get more clients and leads. Another big reason for the new site was to give credibility to the company and the services that we provide. We also wanted it to be a resource for existing clients, in terms of sharing news articles and various information that we gather that that would be important to them.

They've also done marketing work in terms of creating brochures and marketing signage for conventions that we attend as well.

They did the layout of the WordPress website. They did the design, the color scheme, and identified the photos and various images to feature on the site. They made recommendations on which direction to take the site. There are fewer pages on our site than there used to be.

They did also help us in making it more succinct and targeted to our customers by editing the text and verbiage of the site.

They built some archive features that allow our clients to be able to access articles and news pieces in a way that were categorized and easy to find.

Aside from the site, they also provided some branded marketing materials for us. It entailed everything from business cards to hand out brochures, to you know table cause with our logo on it and marketing signs to use for our convention vendor booths.

You know for all that and it was great because it was all patents in It was it fit together very nicely, and they did a really great job in terms of making something that was visually attractive.

They really did a fantastic job and helped us once again with the wording of what to put on the various marketing materials how to make it more impactful.

How did you come to work with C42D?

To be honest, it was through a friend of a friend who introduced us. We had some initial conversations, and they put together a proposal. We got to meet their team.

Between $35,000 and $40,000.

We started working with them in January of 2014. The last project ended this April.

I would say ongoing compliments we get from attendees of the conferences let us know that it's been a successful project.

How did C42D perform from a project management standpoint?

They were just very organized, very schedule-driven. They set their own deadlines and met them.

We re-occurring conference calls that were set up either weekly or biweekly on the project to give us updates and to get our feedback.

Their creative team is top notch. They really establish the parameters and they met them. And they were realistic and very flexible as well.

We're a small company, and I felt like they gave us the same level of service that has some of the bigger clients that they have. They didn't make us feel like we were anything less because we weren't a large project for them.

Everybody can improve. I think we could have done a little bit better job of cost estimates and some of the budgeting expectations. I think there was a little miscommunication from time to time.

They met their deadlines.
    We are very happy with the uniqueness of the different projects that they did for us.
    We enjoyed working with them.

Design For Ogilvy & Mather

“I have never been anything other than totally delighted with their work.”

2013 - Ongoing

To prepare for high visibility, C42D created a new visual language for an important paper with high design requirements. They provided everything from concept development to the final PDF.

Jeremy Katz
Worldwide Editorial Director, Ogilvy & Mather

C42D successfully launched the paper and reached the intended audience, bringing praise for their professional and artistic work. They exceeded expectations in terms of quality, creativity, and punctuality. Their creative expertise is above and beyond being a boutique design studio.

I am the worldwide editorial director at Ogilvy & Mather. We are one of the largest global advertising agencies in the world.

What challenge were you trying to address with C42D?

We had an important thought leadership paper with high design requirements that we had not been able to achieve with design teams we had used in the past. The paper was five years in the making and had high visibility globally and was of great importance to our CEO. We turned to C42D to create new visual language for the paper and logos, to design the paper and executive summary, and host it on the website.

They were responsible for delivering everything from initial mood boards and concept development through a final PDF that worked with page-turn software and could be uploaded to several different systems. They sourced stock photography and used our photography as well, did a page layout, page design, chart graph, and mapped development. There wasn't really a web design per se, but a PDF that was uploaded to a page-turn PDF site. They made the conversion for that and did the upload.

How did you come to work with C42D?

A colleague recommended them to me years ago. I used them for Ogilvy internal work and for our clients. Long after that project was over, I continue to turn to them on a regular basis.

We started working with them for design in 2013.

I can't share metrics because we treat those as proprietary, but suffice it to say that it was a successful launch and we reached the audience we wanted to reach. It is less about sheer numbers and more about specific classes of people and impact for awareness purposes. We successfully reached those groups and we had high praise for the professionalism and artistic merit of their work. I have never been anything other than totally delighted with their work.

How did C42D perform from a project management standpoint?

They dealt with a difficult task, and they did it with charm and without frustration. They delivered on time for us and exceeded our expectations in terms of quality.

I think it's important to note that they're able to turn things around quickly. They have creative expertise that one would expect from a hot creative agency, yet it’s a boutique design studio. They bring a level of creative insight and quality of execution that I don't see from similarly sized and staffed design firms.

No, I have no criticisms.

Overall Score They are my number one solution.
    Their work is never anything other than extraordinary.
    I've already recommended them about 10 times.

Video Production For Internet Marketing Company

"They were very thoughtful in getting to know our business, very carefully talking things through, and communicating what we could expect."

C42D created a company overview video for a website homepage that would help attract potential customers. The scope of work included concept, script writing, voice overs, and animation.

Street Stamford, Connecticut
Dick O'Hare
Founder, Local Yokel Media

The video was well received by current and potential clients. C42D's investment in learning about the background of the video and clear communication created a smooth, successful project.

The company is Local Yokel Media, a local internet advertising company. And I'm the founder.

What challenge were you trying to address with C42D?

I hired David Card [Founder at C42D] to produce a five-minute company overview video for our website that turned out great. We outsourced it because we lacked internal resources and expertise to execute the video, and I also wanted some creativity and design overlay to it. And David came highly referred to me. So it was a pretty easy decision to hire even his team to work.

It was to create a five-minute capabilities video from scratch. That required everything from helping us build the concept of what the video was going to cover to script writing, to the animation of the video, to the voice over and getting the voiceover talent. Literally soup-to-nuts, they were charged with creating a video from nothing almost, with our guidance and our feedback, but they were definitely quarterbacking and driving the project.

They were focused on the concept, design, and the execution of building the video.

How did you come to work with C42D?

Some people I knew in the industry we already working with David. He was doing some work for Facebook, Google and Reebok.

So some folks that I know in the industry recently of Facebook actually recommended David and his team to me. We started a dialogue with them then, a talked about the video before I actually hired him to do it.

It was about $15,000.

We started working with them about 18 months ago, at the beginning of 2016.

The video was very well received by clients and prospects alike. I can tell you anecdotally that it was very well received, and we were happy with the work, but I can't give you exact numerical metrics.

How did C42D perform from a project management standpoint?

Great. David was very upfront, and he was excited about the project. His team members who were very knowledgeable. They kept me in the loop every step of the way. Nothing was delayed, which is pretty shocking to me but on a pleasant note. I was never left wondering about what stage they were and how they were doing. You know they laid out what the process was in the front end of it and then proceed to execute. They'd send me drafts when they were helping us edit the script. Once they finalized it, I approved it and they executed on that direction really well.

They were very thoughtful in getting to know our business, very carefully talking things through, and communicating what we could expect. So by the time we even get to the first draft of this it was pretty much spot on and that wasn't you know there wasn't a feeling of "Oh man we got down totally the wrong road on this and we don't really get in the groove." So it was very well handled all the way across the board.

They didn't have quite as deep of experience in video as other services they offer, such as web design. Going deeper on video creation would be something that would benefit them given the need in the market. But I can tell you, in my experience, they executed our video extremely well and I'd absolutely use them again.

They hit every deadline that we had.
    They were very cost effective.
    I'm a tough a tough critic and I think you can always do better, but I was also trying to be cost conscious and I limited them on the cost. But again we're was very pleased with the end result.
    Absolutely, I'd recommend them.

Full Marketing Campaigns for Marketing Agency

"They are efficient, effective, and flexible."

C42D developed and executed three 360 marketing campaigns that included web design, print, digital and social media marketing. They also designed a logo and brand messaging.

Former EVP of Marketing, Corcoran Group

C42D's work resulted in a +20% increase in agent leads. Their flexibility, efficiency and project management acumen instilled confidence.

Corcoran Group is a luxury real estate company with offices in New York City, Brooklyn, the East End of Long Island and the Palm Beaches.

I am no longer with the company but was the Executive Vice President of Marketing.

What business challenge were you trying to address with C42D?

We needed to overhaul our approach to campaigns.

We used C42D as a full-service agency. They did 3 very large-scale campaigns for me, which were 360 in nature. They had dedicated website, print, digital, social media strategy and creative. They did the ideation, design, production, and follow-up. They also performed work for some our independent real estate agents. For those projects they developed the agent’s entire brand identity, content and social media strategy. This included a brand logo, website, collateral, messaging, social media strategy and creative. In a previous company I worked for they produced exceptional presentations, advertising, invites and microsites. Above all, C42D is very creative.

How did you come to work with C42D?

I had worked with them at a previous company and always admired their work.

The average price of a project ranged from $4000 to $200,000.

The relationship was over the course of a year and a half. They never took more than 8 weeks to develop a campaign and get it out in the marketplace.

The larger scale campaigns drove a +20% increase in leads to our agents.

How did C42D perform from a project management standpoint?

They are efficient, effective, and flexible. They never missed a deadline and sometimes they were ahead of schedule. They’ve never said they couldn’t do something.

What distinguishes C42D from other providers?

They’re very refined and thoughtful so the work comes across in the same way. They work for big name companies but there’s no fluff in their numbers or dialogue. They’re really regular guys without pretense.

Is there anything C42D could have improved or done differently?

They could spend more time in the client’s office if a client wanted that. I didn’t need that but that’s really the only thing I can think of.

I think everybody can improve.

Gold