The App Developer for Startups & Products

Bureau Billy is a full-scale mobile & web app development firm.

We're a team of talented engineers, product designers and managers who work with startups to turn their ideas into well thought-out and compelling products. Scratching our heads to find better solutions is what we're here for.

Our team includes:

- Developers with up to 10 years of experience in the field. Some of their favorite tools include react, react-native, redux and nodeJS. When they'r not coding, they are teaching people how to code and taking machine learning courses.

- Product designers who love to create innovative digital experiences and inspire people through clean and intuitive design. They're also deeply involved in the local design community and you'll often find them presenting their latest work at the Sketch MTL meetups.

33 rue prince
    Montreal H3C 2M7
    +1514963-9097
    56 Pushkinska street
    Odessa 65000
    22, Arch. Makariou III Avenue
    Larnaka

Multiple entrepreneur clients w/ multi-million dollar valuations: Poche & Fils, ENTR, CREW

Best social tech startup Sweden 2016 : Lingio

Entr

Roomster

Roomster is a roommate finder and roommate search service. Roomster has verified Roommates and rooms for rent. Search Roommates, Apartments & Sublets.

Lingio

Best social tech startup Sweden 2016

Lingio is an app built around the idea of making learning new languages fun. Focused on

Helping travelers and refugees, we couldn’t be more stoked to bring Lingio to the web.

Poches & Fils

Shopify Website for Ecommerce Fashion Clothing Company

"I always recommend them. They’re among my top choices for collaboration."

May 2017- Feb. 2018

Bureau Billy recoded a Shopify website on the ReactJS platform. Currently, the team is rolling out smaller enhancements.

Alex Vanier
CTO, Poches et Fils

The team creates value by producing quality results in an efficient manner. The stabilized code has measurably increased performance and conversion rates. Strong communication on multiple platforms is also a highlight. Customers can expect to work with a knowledgeable and trustworthy team.

I’m the e-commerce director of Poches et Fils, a fashion brand. Customers can custom create shirts and order pocket designs on our website.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bureau Billy?

An agency built our website with a lot of bugs. They also left the engagement before its completion. We needed another provider to recode the site.

The site operates similar to an app on Shopify, but has a custom frontend. Bureau Billy used UX mock ups to recode the website on the ReactJS platform. The project finished last month, but we’re still working on last-minute improvements.

The team included one senior developer, one junior developer, one UX/UI designer, and the project manager. They added a frontend senior developer later on in the project.

How did you come to work with Bureau Billy?

One of our contacts introduced me to their project manager. We met him at the Billy Bureau office and started work after that.

We’ve spent $60,000.

Work started in May 2017 and is ongoing.

They were more professional and transparent than the previous agency. The team had great availability and produced quality results. They increased the website’s availability performance from 95% to 99.5%; the rate isn’t 100% because some browsers don’t support ReactJS. Conversion rates also went up 0.5%, or about $10 per order. Stabilizing the code was an important accomplishment because we process over 100 orders per day; we lose too much revenue when bugs occur. I have nothing negative to say about them.

How did Bureau Billy perform from a project management standpoint?

Communication was very strong, particularly on Slack. We also interacted via phone and bi-monthly in-person meetings. We also used ZenHub to assign tasks and lay out project requirements.

They’re very responsive on Slack. Even in the middle of the night, I can expect a response within a few hours.

I could tell the project manager was slightly overextended last month. They should have multiple project managers to prevent the team from getting overwhelmed.

Provide documentation with detailed product requirements, but also allow them to make suggestions. Trust their instincts; they’re knowledgeable.

They met expectations. Project management performed well too.
    It’s a good value because costs are low for the quality and efficiency they offer.
    I don’t have any complaints. They’re quick to correct any issues.
    I always recommend them. They’re among my top choices for collaboration.

Web Based App for Video Gaming Platform

“They made life easier for me. I felt fortunate to have this team in my corner.”

Apr. 2017- Ongoing

Bureau Billy designed and developed the beta version of a video gaming matchmaking platform. It enables online video gamers to wager money on skill-based competitions. The web app was programmed using Node and JavaScript.

Greater New York City Area
Owner, Gaming Platform

Since the launch of the initial web app, beta users have provided consistently positive feedback on the look and feel, layout, and usability. Bureau Billy was a trustworthy, dedicated, and considerate development partner. The team of engineers invested significant effort in the project’s success.

I started my own company based on a web app for video gamers.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bureau Billy?

I hired Bureau Billy to create a matchmaking platform for video gamers. It features skill-based online competitions between two players that offer users the potential to win money.

Bureau Billy designed and developed the entire website and web app for me. I provided them with as much detail as possible about the features I wanted. They formulated a design specifically tailored to this type of platform. The developers coded the web app using Node and JavaScript.

Roughly 4-5 developers worked on my project. I was in direct communication with Max [Lead Information Technology Project Manager, Bureau Billy]. He acted as the middleman and relayed all the information between myself and the development team.

How did you come to work with Bureau Billy?

I posted a pitch for my project on Upwork. After receiving several replies, I narrowed down my list of potential candidates to a select few options. Bureau Billy seemed like the most suitable development team for the job.

We spent $38,000 on their services.

We first got in touch with Bureau Billy in May 2017. The actual design and development work began in July was completed in early January.

The individuals I've spoken with think the idea and design are great. All the feedback we’ve received about the overall physical appearance and functionality has been positive. We're currently focused on driving users and traffic to the website. Based on the quality of their work, I’m certain those results will come with time.

After Bureau Billy completed the beta version, I publicly launched the app. As a young entrepreneur, I was unaware that this type of platform needed to be mobile responsive in order to survive. In light of this oversight, I put things on pause and started working on a mobile app. We’ll have a more official rollout in about two weeks when that’s complete.

How did Bureau Billy perform from a project management standpoint?

Bureau Billy performed very well. I felt fortunate to work with them. Max is very responsive. He was always helpful when minor issues arose. I never had to wait days upon end to hear back from him. The team attended to all my requests and was understanding throughout the duration of the development. We used Slack to communicate with the programmers along with occasional phone calls.

The team was responsive, responsible, and understanding. I took comfort in knowing my work was in good hands. They always promptly gave appropriate responses to my questions. I’ve heard horror stories from advisors about working in the tech industry. Nothing problematic occurred during this project, however. They made life easier for me. I felt fortunate to have this team in my corner. Everything went smoothly and they successfully met all my demands.

Be straightforward with the team about exactly what you're looking for. They'll give you their honest opinions, so don't sugarcoat anything. An open dialogue will help you accurately assess if they’re a good fit for your project. Regardless of your hiring decision, they won't put you in an uncomfortable position.

Overall Score There were minor hiccups, but nothing to lose sleep over. Everything was well executed and went smoothly between our two parties.
    Things were good for the most part. A couple of tasks felt prolonged, but nothing was substantially problematic.
    The cost was spot on. They were very fairly priced for the quality of work that they put into it.
    They developed strictly a beta web app. It's a 1.0 version that we can modify and build off of. There were a couple of hiccups, but everything met my expectations.
    I was fortunate to find and partner with them.

iPad App Dev. for Medical Research Firm

“They gave us personal attention, they understood our needs well, and all the steps of the project flowed seamlessly.”

Apr. 2017- Sept. 2017

Bureau Billy collaborated with in-house developers to create an interactive patient consent app. They implemented UI designs and handled in-app navigation, as well as backend development.

Matthew Balazsi
Founder, Medical Parachute

The development team followed in-house specifications to the letter. Bureau Billy met every deadline, even under difficult circumstances, and delivered a quality app that’s received positive user feedback.

I'm the founder of Medical Parachute. We're a small tech company that helps medical researchers complete their work. Our services include analysis, storage, and sharing of data.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bureau Billy?

One of our clients needed an iPad app that could help explain a medical procedure to patients at his clinic. Our team's expertise is web-oriented, and while we did 80 percent of the work, we needed someone with app development expertise to finish off the project and make it perfect, so we hired Bureau Billy.

Our client wanted an interactive app for patients that would illustrate the risks associated with a specific type of surgery and allow them to consent. We provided the UI design plans; Bureau Billy built out the app. We also consulted them about whether or not to create a native iOS app, and ultimately took their recommendation to use React Native instead.

The app had several components, one of which involved presenting an image that patients can alter with sliders to demonstrate the best versus worst outcomes if a side effect occurs. Our team provided the algorithms for that, and then Bureau Billy assembled the UI for navigating between pages and landing on those adjustable images. They also handled the backend servers and the API to get the databases up and running. This was critical because we needed to ensure that a patient's acknowledgment regarding the surgical risks was recorded.

I had one primary point of contact and discussed most of my decision-making with him, although more members of their staff were probably involved in the development.

How did you come to work with Bureau Billy?

I was referred by mutual friends who'd worked with them before. I was already familiar with one member of their team who's a very good professional resource. He stays up to date on technology and I love hearing his insights regarding software tools and upcoming tech. I've collaborated with him on small projects before, but this time I contracted the entire Bureau.

We spent around $10,000.

We worked on this project from April–September 2017.

Since we created this app for another client, our main concern was how well the app was built. The Bureau team was spot-on in their implementation of our UI design plans. We also know that users have responded positively to the design so far.

How did Bureau Billy perform from a project management standpoint?

We shared designs through Zeppelin, which is an online tool that lets the coders retrieve and keep track of our assets all in one place. We also communicated by email to nail down our timeline, and then we frequently met in person.

In terms of schedule and service delivery, they stuck to the initial plan we established. I got a little nervous during a crunch time in August just because the timeline was so tight, but they overperformed and delivered a perfect app on time. They gave us personal attention, they understood our needs well, and all the steps of the project flowed seamlessly.

They place importance on which technologies you use and they like learning new tools. Every time I interact with them, they have new ideas and new ways to implement them. They're also very aware of how to fit the right technology to the right project, which leads them to be very efficient.

I think having a very good design laid out in advance is pretty important. They do also have designers, so you could go from scratch, but when you're developing software you need a strong understanding of your project requirements. The fewer unanswered questions you have going in, the better they'll be able to deliver.

They overperformed on a tough schedule.
    It would've cost me double to use someone else.
    They were spot-on with everything I asked for.
    I recommend them all the time.

Web Dev for Online Avatar Creation Tool

"They do things outside the budget because they dig hard into the project."

Sept. 2015 - Ongoing

Do IT developed a website and graphics engine using MongoDB, NGINX, and Angular for an online avatar creation tool.

Bolzano, Italy
Florian Ilias
Founder, Kartunix

The site reaches 400 visitors a day, and feedback from users has been positive. Do IT's team was able to develop the site in a short period of time, allowing for a quick launch and extra time for improvements. The team collaborates in sprints and is available on weekends, which sets them apart.

I'm the founder of Kartunix, an online-based avatar creator. You can cartoon yourself as your online logo for your social profiles or for printing it on items such as t-shirts, hoodies, and mugs.

What challenge were you trying to address with Do IT?

I needed a functioning website with little investment. The challenge was to create a gainable vector graphic engine that allowed me to not only create the avatars but also export them in any dimension. Creating this engine was the big challenge. I had a company that did the design, a third-party illustrator to create the avatars, and I was searching for somebody who could put it all together.

They developed our website. Its database is MongoDB, which is object-oriented and important for our application. We have NGINX as the web server and Angular as the programming language. We have a special library to design the t-shirts, and we’re using various technologies to make it all happen.

There were four programmers in the beginning. As the program comes to an end, we’re down to one expert who follows the project.

How did you come to work with Do IT?

It was a long search. I found a good design company from Ukraine, and they told me Do IT were young, open, and reliable, so I went to see them in Odessa.

$25,000–$30,000.

We started working together in September 2015, and the work is ongoing.

We launched a month ago. We have 60 different collections of avatars, 10 different sets of icons to print on, and PayPal integration. When we started to advertise with Google AdWords, we had about 400 visitors a day. For just starting, that was great.

The target audience for this type of service is kids between 8–16 years old. My own children think it’s awesome, and their whole school is on the site and buying these items.

How did Do IT perform from a project management standpoint?

We collaborate in sprints, which works well, and we use Trello. We can reach them on the weekends.

They delivered in a very short time. In three days, everything was done. Because of this, I could further develop the idea. Plus, they never stop improving. When it's time to go to the next step, they're open and give suggestions. They’re not only here for the money but also because they want to make it happen. They do things outside the budget because they dig hard into the project.

Sometimes we have language barriers on the phone or Skype, and we have to write it up again. It’s minor, however, because, in the end, they understand. They’re also not good at documenting, so their bookkeeping department needs to improve. Their main service works but the back office is lagging.

Overall Score They’re very good, but they could do better.
    They’re always punctual, but we had some difficulties with the time zone difference.
    If I’m satisfied as a customer, any cost is good.
    I’m really happy.

Dev of Cloud-Based SaaS CRM System

"While they do a good job as a software company, I also like Do IT’s ability to act as a part of the team."

Mar. 2014 - Ongoing

Do IT served as the development team to combine AI with a CRM. They utilized AngularJS on the frontend, Node.js on the backend, MongoDB as the database, and also led efforts in design, UX, and QA.

Munich, Germany
Martin Steinbrecher
CFO, CRMtronic

Do IT helped the project run seamlessly and efficiently. Their dedication has helped the team avoid development issues throughout the project. Though a language barrier was present and there was some ambiguity in recorded hours, Do IT communicated succinctly and resolved issues quickly.

My name is Martin Steinbrecher, and I am the CFO of CRMtronic. We provide a cloud-based CRM [customer relationship management] system using the latest technologies and modern UIs, which helps businesses resolve their tasks.

What challenge were you trying to address with Do IT Programming Solutions?

The idea of our product is to involve AI [artificial intelligence] into basic CRM processes. We integrate top-level analytics, and, while CRM development is challenging as it is, combining it with AI is more complicated. Do IT has been able to understand our business technologies quickly, and has handled any challenges we provided.

The main task was to combine a basic CRM with AI. It was a full software development cycle which included frontend and backend work, design, UX planning, and quality assurance [QA]. The technology stack included AngularJS on the frontend, Node.js on the backend, and MongoDB as the database.

The most complicated part of the work was creating the AI which combines with our CRM. Another challenge was maintaining compatibility with all common browsers. Many companies develop only for Google Chrome and Firefox, but we wanted Do IT to create a product which also worked on Opera, Safari, and even Edge. The tool is being sold to clients.

I am not sure how large the team was exactly, but it included 6-7 people from Do IT’s side: 2 backend and 2 frontend developers, a designer, a QA resource, and a project manager. At one point, we needed to involve additional QAs for some parts of the project.

How did you come to work with Do IT Programming Solutions?

I got in touch with them at a local IT event which was sponsored by Do IT. We visited their website, looked at some testimonials, and contacted some references.

We invested about $300,000 for the first part of the scope. There were some additional features which we tasked Do IT with, which increased the total cost.

We started working with Do IT in March 2014. We continue to maintain the product using their team.

CRMtronic itself is the best evidence of our success, which was developed with the Do IT team. Our clients have liked the solution.

How did Do IT Programming Solutions perform from a project management standpoint?

Based on the discussions we’ve had with Do IT’s managers, we decided to move ahead with the Agile sprint methodology. They handled all project management on their side, while we acted as the product owner. The communication remained clear and lean, with no superfluous discussions.

While they do a good job as a software company, I also like Do IT’s ability to act as a part of the team. They’re not simply committing hours, but also try to understand what our request is, and why we would or wouldn’t need a particular part. Do IT’s project management was very good, and has helped us avoid some mistakes in the development process.

On a few occasions, we would have communicated better with some members of the technical team, but not all of them speak good English. This was a problem at times, but the managers were able to quickly solve it.

The time-tracking system is not perfect. I would like to know exactly why additional hours were used, and how they were spent. We do get explanations later on, but I would rather see the details in a more explicit manner.

Overall Score They were able to deliver the project on time and within budget.
    They mainly delivered on time, but things occasionally took more time than expected.
    The project was developed within budget, but we did have to pay for overtime on occasion. It was understandable, since no project can go 100% smoothly.
    We’re really happy with how the software works. The architecture is good and smart.
    We’re still working together, and I plan to start a few other projects with Do IT.

ERP System Dev for Shipping Industry Service Provider

“They always deliver what they promise, and they are always on time.”

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

2010 - Ongoing

Do IT built a custom enterprise resource management platform that helps automate crew assignments and supplies procurement. Developers continue to update and maintain the platform and its related mobile app.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Thomas Kuderzsik
Founder, Alpha Crew Group

Do IT is a reliable partner, delivering high-quality code on time and according to specifications. Project management is handled in an organized manner, with one contact person to simplify communications.

I’m the founder of Alpha Crew Group, a manning service provider for the full fleet shipping industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with Do IT Programming Solutions?

About 3 or 4 years ago, we started searching for a company that will provide us with IT services. We wanted to automate our systems.

Do IT is doing the whole cycle of IT services for us. We have 1 project manager, 8 developers, and some QA resources who help test the code.

Our first project was big, and Do IT helped us figure out the specifications for the platform. It’s a kind of ERP [enterprise resource planning] or CRM [customer relationship management] system. The platform helps us maintain full crew rotation on board the different vessels that we manage. It also allows us to liaise with different suppliers when we need to purchase spare parts. Do IT developed the software using Node.js and Angular. In some cases, they used Golang. Our database is MongoDB.

Last year, we asked Do IT to deliver mobile applications for our internal use — it’s easier for our crews to use cell phones to perform their duties. At the moment, Do IT is creating new features according to our requests. They also help us maintain the platform.

How did you come to work with Do IT Programming Solutions?

We met their sales team at an exhibition in Germany. We went to Ukraine to visit their offices. Although we looked at several companies, we decided to move forward with Do IT.

How much have you invested with Do IT Programming Solutions?

So far, we have spent more than €1,200,000 [$1,396,914].

We started working with them in 2010, and the work is ongoing.

Currently, the software is being used onboard the vessels that we’re operating and managing. The code is of high quality. There are bugs sometimes, but Do IT’s team fixes any issues quickly.

With Do IT’s help, our business has grown faster than ever before. I’m sure we will continue to use Do IT in the future.

Their project management is very good. We don’t need to coordinate our activities or speak directly to the developers. Instead, we just speak to our project manager, who then translates our business logic in a way that can be understood by the developers. I can call them or send emails.

What did you find most impressive about Do IT Programming Solutions?

They always deliver what they promise, and they are always on time. That is extremely important in our business because we are also engaged in iterations with a different group.

Are there any areas Do IT Programming Solutions could improve?

No. We are satisfied with their prices and the quality of their work.

They are always on time. They perform well, and they always deliver what they promise.
    The cost is reasonable.
    We’re absolutely satisfied with the quality of the services they provide us. We want to recommend this company to any other company who needs IT services.
    I’m always recommending them.

Web Dev for Job Advertising Platform

"They delivered everything I expected and more."

Nov. 2016 - Ongoing

Do IT developed a web platform using Ruby on Rails, Java, and Mongo DB. The platform, which used machine learning and AI, needed to handle several data points and reduce server bandwidth.

Stockholm, Sweden
Marcus Svensson
Founder, Pingwin

Do IT thinks ahead to foresee possible issues, and offers valuable solutions. Their platform seamlessly integrates with several APIs, which brought positive feedback about usability. The team at Do IT is accommodating, very seldom misses deadlines, and they work well with non-technical teams.

We are running a recruitment platform which uses machine learning and AI for marching profiles. There are 12 people working for our company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Do IT Programming Solutions?

We provided the same service in the beginning as we do now, but it was done manually, which was time-consuming. We needed to find help from a good company, instead of recruiting internally, which would have taken us a year.

Do IT was asked to build my entire web platform, and every separate part of the technology which went into it. Most of the development has been done with Ruby on Rails and Java for the AI. We use MongoDB for the database.

Our AI functionality was challenging to build. It needed to handle a multitude of data points, and we had to come up with a solution which would reduce server bandwidth.

How did you come to work with Do IT Programming Solutions?

I reached out to a few friends, browsed the web for a while, and met with 10-15 companies. I was trying to find a company closeby, and had had good experiences with ones from Ukraine; the average quality there is high. I met with Do IT’s principal, who helped me find a solution for building on a larger scale from day 1, and not being required to change anything later. They helped me create a good MVP, but also considered what could be a good next step.

How much have you invested with Do IT Programming Solutions?

The cost of their work has been above $200,000.

We started working with Do IT in November 2016. We continue to work together constantly.

People have really liked our platform. We connect with a number of APIs seamlessly, which allows them to see a lot of real-time information. We had some bugs and issues in the beginning, and there are some to fix still, but the general performance has been good.

I have only worked with one person in their team, so I can’t give comments overall, but our resource has been very good. We usually communicate using Skype, where we have weekly video calls. The timeline has fluctuated by a couple of days from time to time, but this is normal. Compared to other developers, Do IT has delivered on time.

What did you find most impressive about Do IT Programming Solutions?

I like their working style and project management. Do IT has handled this from a business point of view, which meant that I didn’t have to be extremely tech-savvy to work with them.

Are there any areas Do IT Programming Solutions could improve?

Not everyone on the team was perfect, but we managed to change them and work with the ones I wanted.

Overall Score They delivered everything I expected and more.
    Always on time.
    I’m very happy with the price.
    The quality has been very good so far.
    I would recommend them to everyone.

UI Dev Projects for IT Services Consultancy Firm

"I believe they really care about our team."

July 2016 - Ongoing

Do IT Programming Solutions conducts frontend development initiatives to expedite the production of various software prototypes in a fast-paced outsourced engagement.

Austin, Texas
UX Director, Consulting Firm

After providing integral assistance with several product launches and demos, Do IT Programming Solutions' broad expertise allows the team to explore new technologies in a cost-effective manner. Their structured coding and incredible price point continue to drive success.

I’m the director of user experience for a consultancy based in Austin, Texas with locations across the US and Europe. We focus on business process management through building customer enterprise software solutions on a few different enterprise process orchestration platforms known as BPM.

What challenge were you trying to address with Do IT Programming Solutions?

We wanted to be able to iterate quickly and cost-efficiently on various prototypes. Right now, we’re in a quickly changing technical landscape. Depending on the customer and the opportunity, we need the ability to build prototypes quickly. Those prototypes might be frontends for new technologies like different machine learning systems or frontends that are specific to a given domain. For example, if the customer is an insurance company, we’re looking to pitch a larger solution that will cover applying a certain new technology to their use case. We pursue a variety of different opportunities at the same time, and not all of them will pan out, but we want to put our best foot forward in terms of creating prototypes and demos that will look good in the RFP process.

Do IT builds our UI prototypes, so they’re supporting us in the frontend development. Our internal organization is more focused on providing products that we offer and offering support from production perspectives. Do IT has been working with a few of our people internally, primarily from our sales team.

All of their work has been focused on UI development. We started by doing a little Angular development, which is a frontend framework, and then moved into some more specific frontend libraries like D3. Currently, they’ve been helping us build different prototypes on Service Now as well as Salesforce. We’ve used them specifically for UI and are potentially looking to use them for backend work, but we haven’t gotten there yet.

How many resources have been assigned to your project?

Right now, we just have 2 resources. We had up to 5 at once. In total, we worked with 7 or 8 of their developers, along with the 2 principals, Oilex and Nikita.

How did you come to work with Do IT Programming Solutions?

We found them on Upwork. We tried working with different teams. In the past, I’d worked quite a bit with outsourcing organizations in different geographies and struggled with some that were located in India, but we had more success with China-based firms. We have a few folks on the team now that have worked on similar technology, and they actually live in the US but are from Ukraine. We started looking at that geography and exploring different organizations that could support us. We tried interacting with individuals at first, thinking about potentially building a team. We eventually tried a few companies and found Do IT.

I like our interaction with Nikita, who’s a principal there. He comes across as less of a sales person and more of an advisor, which is refreshing compared to some of the other experiences I’ve had. I believe they really care about our team. They shared some marketing materials with us as far as their training perspective, and I appreciated that.

How much have you invested with Do IT Programming Solutions?

We’ve spent $120,000 so far with them.

We started working with them in July of 2016, and the work is ongoing.

Our general sale cycles are about a year in length. Everything we start investing in from a sales perspective takes a very long time, and the deals are generally worth millions of dollars or more. We launched a product recently that they helped with significantly. Part of our organization in Europe is deploying that product with a few customers there.

From a qualitative perspective, Do IT has helped us start producing demos and sales assets using technologies that we didn’t have the time for ourselves. Things like Service Now and Salesforce are not major components of our business or BPM software, so from an investment perspective, being able to start building know-how in those areas in order to get deals is expensive because we have to hire full-time resources in the US who are experts in these domains. With Do IT’s expertise in these technologies, we’ve been actually able to get small sales gigs before needing to invest in full-time resources in that domain. That’s allowed us to explore technologies at a very low cost from an investment perspective.

Since the team included up to 5 people at the peak, we’ve handled the project management. They provided more team leadership. Our first interactions with Nikita and the way he helped us pick the best resources indicated that they’d excel. We just haven’t quite grown to need that many resources to justify moving project management to their office.

We primary communicate through Skype. We’ve also been using our project management software called Rally, which is now CA. They’d never used it before and were happy to figure it out, and they got pretty productive with it. Our Scrum masters break down the user stories and assign them. Do IT broke those items down into tasks and actually worked on them.

What did you find most impressive about Do IT Programming Solutions?

I’ve worked with a lot of outsourcing firms that come across as body shops. Do IT tried to create their own culture. When I’m interacting with people on the team, I never feel like they’re there just to put in the hours. They care about doing a good job for their company. That was refreshing. They also have little recruitment videos and things like that to explain the organization’s uniqueness. I think that’s beneficial from a productivity perspective as well.

Are there any areas Do IT Programming Solutions could improve?

Sometimes, the engineers’ skill set wasn’t completely aligned with the team. They could provide a more structured way for breaking down what each individual does. On Upwork, they have different ratings based on different exams illustrating how competent they are in different areas. It sounds like Do IT is actually doing some of that internally. They actually do testing specific to JavaScript or a given framework, but that doesn’t come across in some of the information that they presented about their resources. This only happened once or twice, and I was able to correct it pretty quickly and find another person to fit the role. If they offered more information as far as what each individual excels at and what kind of credentials that person has, I think the setup process would be a bit smoother.

Overall Score I think there are difficulties with any outsourcing organization working remotely and in a different time zone.
    Some people are just better at estimating than others. I think a few people were better at estimates and actually completed work before the deadlines they provided. On average, it worked out well.
    After comparing them to other geographies or other folks in Ukraine, I think they’re a great value.
    We were really impressed with the quality of their code. It was well structured, and they even provided comments, which I didn’t expect or ask for.
    I really enjoy our collaboration and certainly praise them whenever I can.