Full-scale mobile & web app development firm.

We help startups and industry leaders build products that are a pleasure to use.

We're a team of talented engineers, product designers and managers who work with startups to turn their ideas into well thought-out and compelling products. Scratching our heads to find better solutions is what we're here for.

Our team includes:

• Developers with up to 10 years of experience in the field. Some of their favorite tools include react, react-native, redux and nodeJS. When they'r not coding, they are teaching people how to code and taking machine learning courses.
  • Product designers who love to create innovative digital experiences and inspire people through clean and intuitive design. They're also deeply involved in the local design community and you'll often find them presenting their latest work at the Sketch MTL meetups.
  • Experienced product managers who are expert communicators and trusted by their teams. They are product driven and detailed oriented from ideation to QA.

• 279 Rue Sherbrooke O suite 301
    Montreal, QC H2X 1Y2

Startups, Fortune 500 Companies, Entrepreneurs, SMBs

Poche et Fils

Lingio

ENTR Marketplace

ENTR is a marketplace for renting space.

Audio Plugin for Music Production Firm

“I was impressed by how seamless the engagement progressed.”

Oct. 2017 - Dec. 2017

Bureau Billy created an audio plugin to help a music producer process complex or difficult sounds. The program’s accessible design prioritized in-house productivity.

Music Producer, Music Firm

Bureau Billy’s plugin increased efficiency and reliability for internal processing operations. The team approached the project with a time-oriented and communicative work ethic. Their customer service skills allowed for a seamless engagement.

I am a producer at a music production firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bureau Billy?

I had done a session with a musician and the recording had a very complicated and specific sound that I couldn’t process with my internal capabilities.

Bureau Billy helped me produce an audio unit plugin to process this recording and help me overcome similar problems in the future.

I worked with one main representative and an additional team member that worked on the plugins visual elements.

How did you come to work with Bureau Billy?

I asked some audio engineers for recommendations for this project and one introduced me to Bureau Billy. I met with them and explained my situation, then they did the appropriate research and provided possible solutions.

We worked together from October 2017–December 2017.

Bureau Billy’s plugin saved me from having to ask the artist back to redo the recording. Moving forward, I am confident that I can internally handle this type of situation. They improved my efficiency and productivity.

How did Bureau Billy perform from a project management standpoint?

They were responsive and timely in their work ethic. Based on my preference, we mainly communicated via email.

I was impressed by how seamless the engagement progressed. I was never stressed.

Clients should have a good idea of the product they want to be built.

UI/UX Redesign for Proposal Software

“The team had no problem being honest with us.”

Oct. 2017 - Mar. 2018

Bureau Billy overhauled the frontend design of an app that generates digital proposals. The team enhanced the UI and added more branding.

Jade Rabin
Former Digital Specialist, Made by Malo

Thanks to Bureau Billy, the revamped site has boosted lead conversions and user engagement. Creativity and innovation were hallmarks of their work, while their transparent communication fostered a positive collaboration.

I was the digital media specialist for a production company.

For what projects/services did your company hire Bureau Billy?

We had to redesign our service proposal software as the UX and UI design needed some work.

We wanted a revamped, mobile-friendly UX/UI with more branding.

A few friends from Montreal recommended them. Because the project focused on design, we chose the applicant with the best portfolio.

Our software creates a quote based on our sales representative’s input. It then assigns a permalink to the proposal so we can send it to a potential client. Bureau Billy made an assessment of our current platform followed by a UX redesign of the entire thing. Mostly, they fixed flow issues on the representative and client side. They also made the dashboard and proposal UI easier to use and incorporated our new branding. Plus, they created a component library for our developer.

We worked with one project manager and three designers. Their CTO also did some consulting for us.

The platform has a fresher look and feel. The conversion rate also increased, as it became easier for clients to understand our services and how to contact us.

We communicated via Slack. It was more of a collaborative process, with both sides doing a lot of work.

The team had no problem being honest with us and defended their ideas. As a result, they brought the product further than what we anticipated.

Our team mostly uses InVision, so it was difficult to switch to Zeplin. Fortunately, we made it work.

E-commerce Dev. for Product Design and Trade Company

"Bureau Billy took care of the project management from beginning to end and always respected the deadlines that we set.”

June 2018 - Dec. 2018

Bureau Billy built an e-commerce platform that is reliable, efficient, and visually appealing. They additionally provided consulting that built a platform that can buy and sell products in a seamless fashion.

Camil Touil
Owner, CT & Cie Inc.

Their team has a skillset that is more talented than advertised. They are able to perform any task asked of them in a timely manner. They are very respectful and the project manager led the team cohesively.

CT & Cie Inc. is a product design and general trade company.

For what projects/services did your company hire Bureau Billy?

Bureau Billy takes care of all our e-commerce development needs in addition to consulting for our online business activities.

We tasked their team with building a reliable, efficient and appealing e-commerce platform. We want a website that represents our brand and can sell our products confidently.

We heard excellent reviews of the company and decided to try them out.

Bureau Billy helped us assess what we needed in terms of e-commerce and development. The team at Bureau Billy took over the development and maintenance and created a website where we can sell our products confidently. They are also assisting with whatever issues we might have with the platform and make sure everything keeps running smoothly.

We worked with a few of the team members, including Maxime, Simon, and Harris. The team was very skillful and motivated to provide us with all the help we needed.

The e-commerce platform has not been released publicly, but we are confident that it will have a positive impact on sales and brand awareness.

Bureau Billy took care of the project management from beginning to end and always respected the deadlines that we set. The deliveries are always on time.

They are more skilled than they like to admit it. They are a humble and respectful company.

Bureau Billy needs to raise more awareness around their brand. They are an excellent resource and more people should know about them.

Overall Score I have nothing bad to say about the company. They offer services that they can fulfill.
    The schedule was easy, clear and enjoyable.
    They provide a great value for your money.
    There is nothing bad to say about them. I am completely satisfied.
    I would refer them to any friend, anytime.

Web-Based CRM Dev for Digital Marketing Firm

“We appreciated their attention to detail and passion for creating quality products.”

Apr. - June 2018

Bureau Billy created a custom, web-based CRM that consolidated Google Calendar, Google Drive, email, and client and task management capabilities into a centralized platform.

Montreal, Quebec
Boris Rozon
Co-founder, A1 Marketing

Bureau Billy’s platform allowed users to manage leads, track projects, and ensure delivery, substantially enhancing the customer support processes. The team brought a detailed-oriented mindset to the table and remained transparent throughout the engagement. The final product exceeded expectations.

I’m a co-founder of A1 Marketing. We help clients increase their brand awareness and popularity through social network channels.

For what projects/services did your company hire Bureau Billy?

We needed resources to develop an internal CRM.

We wanted a platform that allowed us to manage our Google Calendar and Drive to track client progress. It would support our customer success team, from inbound lead to project delivery.

We’d worked with Bureau Billy in the past for consulting services and loved their attention to detail. Their fair pricing was also a consideration.

They integrated Google Calendar and Drive into a single CRM. The platform featured task management, client management, and email tracking.

The team consisted of a project manager, a design team, and an engineering team.

With our new system, we’re able to provide real-time updates to our clients about their project status.

Like us, the team used an agile methodology. Their project manager was always available when needed and answered our technical questions in an accessible way. Every week, they would provide a status report on the project.

We appreciated their attention to detail and passion for creating quality products. At times, this would result in debates. However, we ended up with a better product than we originally envisioned, so we’re satisfied.

The services are a bit on the pricier side, but, ultimately we were happy with the value for such a high-quality product.

Shopify Website for Ecommerce Fashion Clothing Company

"I always recommend them. They’re among my top choices for collaboration."

May 2017- Feb. 2018

Bureau Billy recoded a Shopify website on the ReactJS platform. Currently, the team is rolling out smaller enhancements.

Alex Vanier
CTO, Poches et Fils

The team creates value by producing quality results in an efficient manner. The stabilized code has measurably increased performance and conversion rates. Strong communication on multiple platforms is also a highlight. Customers can expect to work with a knowledgeable and trustworthy team.

I’m the e-commerce director of Poches et Fils, a fashion brand. Customers can custom create shirts and order pocket designs on our website.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bureau Billy?

An agency built our website with a lot of bugs. They also left the engagement before its completion. We needed another provider to recode the site.

The site operates similar to an app on Shopify, but has a custom frontend. Bureau Billy used UX mock ups to recode the website on the ReactJS platform. The project finished last month, but we’re still working on last-minute improvements.

The team included one senior developer, one junior developer, one UX/UI designer, and the project manager. They added a frontend senior developer later on in the project.

How did you come to work with Bureau Billy?

One of our contacts introduced me to their project manager. We met him at the Billy Bureau office and started work after that.

We’ve spent $60,000.

Work started in May 2017 and is ongoing.

They were more professional and transparent than the previous agency. The team had great availability and produced quality results. They increased the website’s availability performance from 95% to 99.5%; the rate isn’t 100% because some browsers don’t support ReactJS. Conversion rates also went up 0.5%, or about $10 per order. Stabilizing the code was an important accomplishment because we process over 100 orders per day; we lose too much revenue when bugs occur. I have nothing negative to say about them.

How did Bureau Billy perform from a project management standpoint?

Communication was very strong, particularly on Slack. We also interacted via phone and bi-monthly in-person meetings. We also used ZenHub to assign tasks and lay out project requirements.

They’re very responsive on Slack. Even in the middle of the night, I can expect a response within a few hours.

I could tell the project manager was slightly overextended last month. They should have multiple project managers to prevent the team from getting overwhelmed.

Provide documentation with detailed product requirements, but also allow them to make suggestions. Trust their instincts; they’re knowledgeable.

They met expectations. Project management performed well too.
    It’s a good value because costs are low for the quality and efficiency they offer.
    I don’t have any complaints. They’re quick to correct any issues.
    I always recommend them. They’re among my top choices for collaboration.

Web Based App for Video Gaming Platform

“They made life easier for me. I felt fortunate to have this team in my corner.”

Apr. 2017- Ongoing

Bureau Billy designed and developed the beta version of a video gaming matchmaking platform. It enables online video gamers to wager money on skill-based competitions. The web app was programmed using Node and JavaScript.

Greater New York City Area
Owner, Gaming Platform

Since the launch of the initial web app, beta users have provided consistently positive feedback on the look and feel, layout, and usability. Bureau Billy was a trustworthy, dedicated, and considerate development partner. The team of engineers invested significant effort in the project’s success.

I started my own company based on a web app for video gamers.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bureau Billy?

I hired Bureau Billy to create a matchmaking platform for video gamers. It features skill-based online competitions between two players that offer users the potential to win money.

Bureau Billy designed and developed the entire website and web app for me. I provided them with as much detail as possible about the features I wanted. They formulated a design specifically tailored to this type of platform. The developers coded the web app using Node and JavaScript.

Roughly 4-5 developers worked on my project. I was in direct communication with Max [Lead Information Technology Project Manager, Bureau Billy]. He acted as the middleman and relayed all the information between myself and the development team.

How did you come to work with Bureau Billy?

I posted a pitch for my project on Upwork. After receiving several replies, I narrowed down my list of potential candidates to a select few options. Bureau Billy seemed like the most suitable development team for the job.

We spent $38,000 on their services.

We first got in touch with Bureau Billy in May 2017. The actual design and development work began in July was completed in early January.

The individuals I've spoken with think the idea and design are great. All the feedback we’ve received about the overall physical appearance and functionality has been positive. We're currently focused on driving users and traffic to the website. Based on the quality of their work, I’m certain those results will come with time.

After Bureau Billy completed the beta version, I publicly launched the app. As a young entrepreneur, I was unaware that this type of platform needed to be mobile responsive in order to survive. In light of this oversight, I put things on pause and started working on a mobile app. We’ll have a more official rollout in about two weeks when that’s complete.

How did Bureau Billy perform from a project management standpoint?

Bureau Billy performed very well. I felt fortunate to work with them. Max is very responsive. He was always helpful when minor issues arose. I never had to wait days upon end to hear back from him. The team attended to all my requests and was understanding throughout the duration of the development. We used Slack to communicate with the programmers along with occasional phone calls.

The team was responsive, responsible, and understanding. I took comfort in knowing my work was in good hands. They always promptly gave appropriate responses to my questions. I’ve heard horror stories from advisors about working in the tech industry. Nothing problematic occurred during this project, however. They made life easier for me. I felt fortunate to have this team in my corner. Everything went smoothly and they successfully met all my demands.

Be straightforward with the team about exactly what you're looking for. They'll give you their honest opinions, so don't sugarcoat anything. An open dialogue will help you accurately assess if they’re a good fit for your project. Regardless of your hiring decision, they won't put you in an uncomfortable position.

Overall Score There were minor hiccups, but nothing to lose sleep over. Everything was well executed and went smoothly between our two parties.
    Things were good for the most part. A couple of tasks felt prolonged, but nothing was substantially problematic.
    The cost was spot on. They were very fairly priced for the quality of work that they put into it.
    They developed strictly a beta web app. It's a 1.0 version that we can modify and build off of. There were a couple of hiccups, but everything met my expectations.
    I was fortunate to find and partner with them.

iPad App Dev. for Medical Research Firm

“They gave us personal attention, they understood our needs well, and all the steps of the project flowed seamlessly.”

Apr. 2017- Sept. 2017

Bureau Billy collaborated with in-house developers to create an interactive patient consent app. They implemented UI designs and handled in-app navigation, as well as backend development.

Matthew Balazsi
Founder, Medical Parachute

The development team followed in-house specifications to the letter. Bureau Billy met every deadline, even under difficult circumstances, and delivered a quality app that’s received positive user feedback.

I'm the founder of Medical Parachute. We're a small tech company that helps medical researchers complete their work. Our services include analysis, storage, and sharing of data.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bureau Billy?

One of our clients needed an iPad app that could help explain a medical procedure to patients at his clinic. Our team's expertise is web-oriented, and while we did 80 percent of the work, we needed someone with app development expertise to finish off the project and make it perfect, so we hired Bureau Billy.

Our client wanted an interactive app for patients that would illustrate the risks associated with a specific type of surgery and allow them to consent. We provided the UI design plans; Bureau Billy built out the app. We also consulted them about whether or not to create a native iOS app, and ultimately took their recommendation to use React Native instead.

The app had several components, one of which involved presenting an image that patients can alter with sliders to demonstrate the best versus worst outcomes if a side effect occurs. Our team provided the algorithms for that, and then Bureau Billy assembled the UI for navigating between pages and landing on those adjustable images. They also handled the backend servers and the API to get the databases up and running. This was critical because we needed to ensure that a patient's acknowledgment regarding the surgical risks was recorded.

I had one primary point of contact and discussed most of my decision-making with him, although more members of their staff were probably involved in the development.

How did you come to work with Bureau Billy?

I was referred by mutual friends who'd worked with them before. I was already familiar with one member of their team who's a very good professional resource. He stays up to date on technology and I love hearing his insights regarding software tools and upcoming tech. I've collaborated with him on small projects before, but this time I contracted the entire Bureau.

We spent around $10,000.

We worked on this project from April–September 2017.

Since we created this app for another client, our main concern was how well the app was built. The Bureau team was spot-on in their implementation of our UI design plans. We also know that users have responded positively to the design so far.

How did Bureau Billy perform from a project management standpoint?

We shared designs through Zeppelin, which is an online tool that lets the coders retrieve and keep track of our assets all in one place. We also communicated by email to nail down our timeline, and then we frequently met in person.

In terms of schedule and service delivery, they stuck to the initial plan we established. I got a little nervous during a crunch time in August just because the timeline was so tight, but they overperformed and delivered a perfect app on time. They gave us personal attention, they understood our needs well, and all the steps of the project flowed seamlessly.

They place importance on which technologies you use and they like learning new tools. Every time I interact with them, they have new ideas and new ways to implement them. They're also very aware of how to fit the right technology to the right project, which leads them to be very efficient.

I think having a very good design laid out in advance is pretty important. They do also have designers, so you could go from scratch, but when you're developing software you need a strong understanding of your project requirements. The fewer unanswered questions you have going in, the better they'll be able to deliver.

They overperformed on a tough schedule.
    It would've cost me double to use someone else.
    They were spot-on with everything I asked for.
    I recommend them all the time.

Redesign of Pet Accessory E-Commerce Platform

"I appreciated their human approach and desire to understand my customers."

Jan. 2018 - Mar. 2018

Bureau Billy conducted user research and redesigned an e-commerce platform with the goal of increasing overall site traffic and total sales. They created design mockups for review and implemented the changes.

Montréal, Canada
Founder, Pet Accessory Distributor

The site’s new design has garnered positive feedback, and the site experiences increased traffic and sales with a lower bounce rate. Bureau Billy carefully studied user trends and requests to better understand the market and make insightful suggestions.

I'm the founder of an e-commerce platform in the pet accessories industry which caters to an international market.

For what projects/services did your company hire Bureau Billy?

I hired Bureau Billy to conduct user research and redesign our online store.

I wanted to refresh my store's design and increase conversion rate while promoting cross-sales.

In my research, I found Bureau Billy's previous projects as well as some positive client reviews.

They went above and beyond to understand my niche market, my users, my needs, and my wants. They conducted user research and presented design mockups for me to review. When I approved, they implemented the new designs.

I was assigned two designers and one project manager.

Ever since the new website was launched, my store traffic and sales have been increasing steadily. I've also noticed a lower bounce rate and have received many compliments on the new branding and design.

It was quick and easy to communicate with their team. They guided me through every step of the project. All deadlines were met.

I appreciated their human approach and desire to understand my customers. I thought the team was very personable and easy to work with. The designers offered smart feedback and bright ideas.