B2B Website Design & Content Marketing

Gold

Bop Design is a B2B marketing and web design firm. We specialize in creating holistic marketing strategies that include B2B web design & development, content marketing, social media, SEO, logo design, branding and marketing collateral. Our focus is on B2B firms that want an external team of B2B branding specialists to enhance their brand positioning, build awareness and increase market share.

Why Bop Design?

“Bop” means to move, go forward and proceed. Our team of experts is reliable, responsive and dedicated to moving your business forward. We are 100% focused on B2B web design and marketing. Finding the right B2B marketing firm can be a tricky prospect. Larger, traditional marketing firms may do great work, but most focus on consumer brands and do very little B2B branding.

Bop Design understands that in order for a company to grow and acquire new ideal clients, a holistic B2B marketing approach is required. First, a firm needs to start with a solid foundation: compelling B2B branding, an innovative website design and educational marketing materials. Once the foundation is set, an engaging inbound marketing plan helps increase brand recognition and generate leads from content marketing, SEO tactics and social media.

We believe that every B2B company—regardless of its size—deserves cost-effective design and comprehensive marketing solutions. We work specifically with B2B—usually ones with fewer than 250 employees—that are serious about growing. Offering a wide array of branding services, we act as a tactical extension to your internal marketing department helping your firm achieve its marketing objectives.

2008
  • 4590 Macarthur Blvd Suite 501
    Newport Beach, CA 92660
  • 25 Broadway 9th Floor
    New York, NY 10004

Accounting, Biotech, Consulting, Engineering, Financial, FinTech, Health & Fitness, Medical, Software, Technology, etc.

B2B Website Design for cSubs

Not your typical corporate library software.
cSubs is your business intelligence secret weapon.

Your information management solution should support your company’s information professionals, not slow them down.

The cSubs suite of corporate library software and services are designed with information professionals in mind. Smart tools, document storage and access, and streamlined workflows

provide approved users full access to vital information including contracts, renewals and analytics. cSubs helps you manage information more effectively — because Business Intelligence Matters.

B2B Website Design for InnoVint

Intuitive Winery Management Software for Winemakers, by Winemakers. InnoVint is a blend of experienced winemakers and tech wizards who are passionate and dedicated to modernizing how the winemaking process is managed. Our intuitive, easy-to-use platform makes it effortless to manage every aspect of your production and workflow.

B2B Website for Applied Composites

Specializing in complex composite assemblies for the aerospace industry, Applied Composites has a long history of providing customer satisfaction by focusing on continuous improvement processes that help reduce time and cost. Our aerospace composite manufacturing capabilities are among the best in the industry.

The executive team at Applied Composites represent some of the foremost leaders in the field of aerospace

composites. With over 45 years combined experience, our leadership is committed to exceeding our customers’ expectations and providing a safe, family-oriented environment for employees.

B2B Website for Engineering People

Mechanical Engineering Design, Consulting & Talent - agility combines with experience to give you a rare blend of quality, speed and top-level service in your projects. As a boutique engineering firm, we’re nimble enough to adapt to your needs while bringing nearly 30 years of innovation in mechanical engineering services.

B2B Website for Silvus Technologies

MIMO technology company, Silvus Technologies, needed a website consistent with its cutting-edge technology. Bop Design created a new website design that better communicates the product applications to Silvus’ target markets: military, government funded research, law enforcement, and TV broadcasting.

B2B Website for TechFlow

In today’s fast-paced environment, TechFlow helps organizations transform their digital services. As leaders in innovative software development, IT security, and cloud adoption, we’ve modernized over 100+ distinct government IT applications using Agile at Scale software developments and DevSecOps techniques. Our companies breadth and depth of services, including cybersecurity, mobility, and logistics platform

services, as well as our approach to incorporating best-of-breed technologies and industry best practices, gives TechFlow a level of technical expertise that is hard to find elsewhere.

B2B Website for Perr&Knight

Perr&Knight hired Bop Design to create a new messaging platform and website that highlights their relentless pursuit in providing superior actuarial services and innovative software solutions to insurance companies across the globe. Taking the time to understand their complex service offering and unique SaaS solutions, Bop Design was able to create a website that sets them apart from their competition and resonate with

their various target markets.

The new website will act as a “living, breathing resource center for both prospective and current clients, in addition to helping the firm grow by driving ideal visitors to increase client base. Visit the full website here

B2B Website for Melfred Borzall

Melfred Borzall is the global leader in horizontal directional drilling (HDD) Tooling. Bop Design created a new website with brand messaging that highlights the company’s 70+ years in business and complements channel partners’ (distributors’) business development efforts. You can visit the full website here

B2B Website for TAG

TAG is a Southern CA based firm that has three different service areas—accounting, software and family CFO. The new website shows how these three offerings work seamlessly together. The stronger branding platform helps grow TAG’s overall business by giving them the marketing tools to better articulate the firm’s unique value proposition, drive ideal clients to the site and increase new client engagements. You can visit the

href="http://www.teamtag.net">full website here

Complete Website Redesign, Ongoing Content Marketing

"They make it so easy.... I don't know what I'll need 3 months from now, but when I do, I'll just call them, and they’ll do it."

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

Bop Design managed a full website redesign. They continue to assist in content marketing and other marketing essentials, like social media, brochures, conference exhibits, copywriting, and more.

Santa Monica, California
Scott Knight
Managing Principal, Perr&Knight

Bop Design is a hard-working, fun team. They have an attention to detail in their work, which contributed to a 76% rise in traffic over 1 year, as well as first-page Google search results. They give valuable advice and leads, have never missed a deadline or exceeded a budget, and communicate often.

I’m a Managing Principal, specifically for the sales and marketing efforts of Perr&Knight. We provide insurance consulting and software solutions to the property and casualty, and accident and health industries. This includes actuarial consulting, product development, insurance policy and forms consulting, regulatory compliance, state filings, licensing, technology consulting, statistical reporting, data services, and predictive analytics. Our software includes StateFilings.com, which is a leading cloud-based state filings management solution.

We have offices in Santa Monica, Boca Raton, the New York Metro Area, Fort Worth, and over 100 insurance professionals. We’ve been around since 1994.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bop Design?

Our firm has been in business for 22 years, so we've had a website ever since the Internet was around. Slowly but surely, our marketing department wound down here at Perr&Knight. We had people leave and we didn't replace them. We made the decision as a firm to outsource our marketing department, starting with a complete redesign of our website, which was totally outdated.

We were doing nothing in terms of organized content marketing, and we needed to hire a firm to help us with rebranding. Everything from a new website, new brochures, new booths and table tops for conference exhibit halls, content marketing, and marketing via social media which we had never done before. Our target market is the entire property-casualty and accident-health insurance marketplace: insurance carriers, managing general agents, and reinsurance companies.

In short, Bop managed the entire process of web redesign and continue to manage the ongoing content marketing efforts.

Once we chose our firm, we started with the website. That was the very first thing, just getting that website up and going. Their initial proposal to us, the initial phase, was to build out the website. They completely did the artwork, colors, and website design from scratch.

They updated the wording of our insurance content using some of the content from the old site and new services that we had added since our old website had been updated. That process was collaborative, very back-and-forth. I would get my consultants that know different things about insurance to provide me with updated content, I would give it to Bop, they would have their professional writers make it sound good and salesy, and then add it to the website.

Once the website was up and running, we switched over to the second phase of the proposal, which was ongoing content marketing. They are, in all essence, our marketing department at Perr&Knight. I work with them just as if I had a staff of people in-house working on content marketing.

They write all the blogs for us. They have a 30-minute interview with our subject matter experts on a topic that we provide. Their professional writer takes all the notes that she took and writes the blog. Then that comes to us a couple of times for edits. She's a writer, not an insurance person, so it's out of context sometimes. We just clean that up a little bit to make sure it's contextually right, because we're talking about detailed insurance and actuarial stuff. It’s very minimal though, as she does a great job. Afterward, they post the information for us on our website.

They’ve done new brochures and redone our booths. For example, since we launched the website, we started a new department called predictive analytics. It's a big thing in insurance right now. We had to develop a brochure from scratch so that we had marketing material to take to clients and conferences. I called them and said, "Hey, we have something new that we need you guys to design. Here's some of the content. Make us a brochure." Once the brochure was made, we have to add that to the website. Additionally, we needed to add that service to our home page and develop a page for it on our website. That would go back to them, and they would deal with the website again. We're about to launch that new service.

They’re actively working to help us build our brand in the insurance arena through our website, marketing efforts, social media, and SEO. They keep us relevant on LinkedIn. About once every two weeks, they will send me a list of 20 articles, and I tell them yes or no to each one. What they’ll do is pick that article and schedule it to show up on our company's LinkedIn account, so Perr&Knight is always out there as a thought leader.

How did you come to work with Bop Design?

Bop Design was one of 7 firms to whom we sent our RFP. One of the reasons we initially included them was because they were in Southern California, which is where our headquarters is located, although we later found out that geographical proximity doesn't matter with Bop Design since we communicate regularly via email and phone. We liked their proposal the best in terms of strategy, design, support, and price.

How much have you invested with Bop Design?

Between $10,000 and $50,000.

We engaged Bop Design in February 2016 and launched the new website in October 2016. The original timeline to launch was 6 months, but the delay was entirely our fault, as we weren't as responsive as we needed to be.

Phase 1 was to build out the website from scratch, do all the design work, take the content provided and make it look nice and professional, and change the wording to make it more salesy. Once that ended and launched, it was just ongoing content marketing at a monthly fee for whatever we need. I don't know what I'll need 3 months from now, but when I do, I'll just call them, and they’ll do it. Plus, the website is not just a done deal after launch; it's always evolving. So we have been working with Bop Design regularly since the launch; they’ve become our marketing department.

I have nothing but positive things to say about Bop Design and their entire team, from Jeremy [business principal] down the line. They are the best vendor I have ever worked with personally, and I’ve worked with a lot. Traffic has increased since the new website. They put together for me a 15-page monthly report going over all of our Google Analytics, AdWords, and AdRoll. It's pretty detailed, and it's all metrics. It compares month over month and the same month over different years, like May 2017 to May 2016, and the difference is phenomenal. Yearly traffic has gone up to 76% in May 2017 versus May 2016.

Their quality of work is the best. I have received many compliments from clients and friends, as well as our employees (and with over 100 employees, it is hard to please everyone). You can visit Perr&Knight’s website and see for yourself. All of the blogs, since October 2016, were written and designed by Bop’s very professional writers and designers after a pain-free 30-minute interview with one of our experts. They make it so easy. We provide the content expertise, all insurance-related, and they turn it into a great piece of content marketing. They also drive all of our social media marketing and advertising. And we are seeing results in leads and new business come through our website.

You can do actuarial consulting firms in New York, LA, or wherever, and we're coming up on the top organically, even at the top of these Google searches. We were never at the top before. There's a method to the madness—that's why they're a professional firm that does this. When they built our site, it was with SEO in mind, and the words that they used all helped to get us higher up organically without paying for advertising on Google searches. That has worked tremendously.

Another thing I love is, when people find us on Google or any other search engine and fill out our Contact Us form for more information or a proposal, that email comes directly to me, and I take it. I keep a spreadsheet of leads and follow up on them. I kick them off to a subject matter expert, and it turns into projects. Since we launched in October, we've had 69 solid leads that came through the website that resulted in 27 proposals worth $932,000 in proposed fees. In terms of closed and billed projects, we've closed and billed over $125,000 since we launched. Those are just leads that find us on the Internet and come to the website. I think that's pretty good, and it keeps growing month over month. These numbers are strictly people that fill out the contact form. I'm sure there's additional business coming in just when people call, but it's harder to track.

How did Bop Design perform from a project management standpoint?

We regularly have an hour-long phone call every month to go over the month-to-month report. Not only do they give us this customized report, but then they call and go through every page with me and tell me that, "We like this. This is working,” or “We got to work on the bounce rate. We want to fix that." They're constantly evaluating their efforts to me and showing me what's working and what could work better.

They are always on time and on budget, or under, and they are always available for me via phone and email even if we don’t have it scheduled on the calendar. From time to time, things pop up and I need to ask them a question or get a professional opinion from them as our marketing firm, and they always make time for me.

I would say there are 7 people I've interacted with: Jeremy, Kara, Rachel, Summer, Emily, Colleen, and John, and I interact with 4 of them regularly, if not daily.

Everything goes through me, so I'm the point person, and then I will get them to people they need, such as subject matter experts, as needed. It works really nicely.

What did you find most impressive about Bop Design?

Apart from everything they’ve done for us, everyone at Bop Design is super cool, nice, and professional. They really have a great staff. We did our due diligence by interviewing and sending RFPs to 7 firms when we were looking. I’m so glad we picked Bop Design.

Responsive WordPress Website Redesign

"Bop Design has done an outstanding job of looking at our clients’ needs and addressing them."

July 2016 - Ongoing

Bop Design created a B2B web portal to improve brand awareness and drive qualified leads captures, allocating 8 resources for strategy, copywriting, and development. They now manage PPC, SEO, and updates.

11- 50 Employees

San Diego, California
Darryl Gordon
VP of Marketing, MediKeeper

The new website has quadrupled the lead count, boosted view times, and reduced abandon rates, attracting positive feedback from customers and prospects. Bop Design’s impeccable project organization, outstanding industry experience, and results-focused workflow continue to impress.

I’m the vice president of marketing at MediKeeper, a health and wellness portal that helps employers manage their employees’ rising healthcare costs.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bop Design?

We wanted to build awareness of our company through the website and drive qualified leads, most likely for demo requests. We had a prior website that had been developed in-house.

We wanted a responsive WordPress website that would continually draw people to fill out forms, allowing us to capture who they are and follow up with leads. We wanted to showcase our competitive suite of solutions in the market via the products themselves and through our various client testimonials and case studies.

Bop Design first sent us 10 different questions in the form of a backgrounder, which helped them understand the company and our goals. Then, we had a face-to-face meeting in which Bop Design went through every answer we gave, clarified our objectives, and refined our focus. It was an unexpectedly extensive 2-hour meeting that resulted in 3 wireframe concepts. We loved all 3, but we ended up selecting the best option for our needs.

Around 8 people in total were involved in the project, including everything from design, strategy, copywriting, SEO, operations, and development. Bop Design handled the team selection, and I had no part in this. I was blown away by the knowledge of their employees. They weren’t kids straight out of school who simply knew technology. At their heart, everyone there is a marketer with special skill sets in copywriting, SEO, or technology. Because of their focus and the amount of experience they’ve had with B2B clients, I was extremely happy with the team.

We had a single key contact, but the emails we sent to that person generally go to a group box, and a lot of people were involved in responding based on the topic and expertise levels. We interacted multiple times per week, especially during more significant stages like copywriting, finalizing designs, and doing SEO.

We originally engaged them for website design and copywriting, but, once the project concluded, we continued the relationship with pay-per-click management, SEO, and further development. Their professionalism was obvious, so we wanted to find a way to keep exploring and using Bop Design’s expertise.

How did you come to work with Bop Design?

I’ve been working in the San Diego marketing industry for nearly 30 years, and I’ve reviewed 7 agencies that I thought could be good fits, based on my past experiences with them. Three of them were shared with the management team, and we all agreed to bring them in for a presentation. Out of those, we selected Bop Design, specifically because of their extensive B2B experience. Because Bop Design has a 100% focus in this area, we found them to be a more qualified option. They also had outstanding experience with driving lead generation and weren’t only focused on building a pretty website.

We started working with Bop Design in July 2016, and the site was delivered in November. We have an ongoing collaboration.

Our lead count has quadrupled since launching the new website. The abandon rate has been decreased, while time spent on the website has increased. Most satisfying of all, I’ve heard many customers and prospects say that they love our website, which wasn’t something I heard before. We’ve had good feedback both on the subjective and the objective side.

How did Bop Design perform from a project management standpoint?

They promised to deliver the site on November 17, and they did completely within budget. I was not expecting this, as I’ve had late deliveries from every other firm I’ve worked with. This is the nature of the work, so I was ecstatic by their punctuality and cost.

Through my background in marketing, I always thought I was a good project manager, and I was used to having this role. In this instance, though, I was not the best person for this task. The person assigned to me by Bop Design did an outstanding job in terms of project management. On the day of signing the contract, I received an email notification with all the key milestones, responsible people, due dates, and descriptions. I truly believe that Bop Design was able to deliver the project on time because of their strong project management skills. I never felt bugged, always felt supported, and clearly felt that they were moving the project along.

What did you find most impressive about Bop Design?

They did a fantastic job developing the website and built something that I’m proud of, delivering it on time and within budget. But, in today’s environment, clients mostly want to work with nice people—genuine human beings who care about things. Having a sense of humor and good camaraderie is important. Through this project, I had the chance to meet and work with some terrific people. I consider that a privilege.

Are there any areas Bop Design could improve?

With previous agencies, we always found items to correct. I don’t think that anyone’s perfect, but Bop Design has done an outstanding job of looking at our clients’ needs and addressing them.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Bop Design?

Look at a couple of competitive solutions, try to understand what you want from a new website, and share it with the agencies. This will give your provider the ammunition they need to truly come up with a creative concept that meets your needs. In my case, Bop Design grossly exceeded my expectations and gave us more than we hoped for—not only in terms of design and looks but also in terms of functionality and results.

Overall Score They exceeded my expectations, and I’m proud of the results.
    After signing the contract, we were given a project management plan that outlined all aspects of the work. It was a reliable tool.
    Bop Design wasn’t the cheapest option, and many design firms seemed desperate for our business. In hindsight, I’m pleased I never let price determine my selection. The cost of the site has become insignificant compared to its quality.
    Bop Design has created an agency environment that meets the needs of companies looking to outsource website development.
    I have referred business that I respect to Bop Design.

Website Redesign for Accounting & Software firm

"it's been a great relationship, they're easy to work with."

2013 - Ongoing

Bop Design redesigned a Wordpress site and optimized brand identity.  Bop created a new website, rebranded colors, provided SEO and clearly defined CTA's to drive new business leads online.

11- 50 Employees

San Diego, California
Sara Gilman
Marketing Manager, TAG

Traffic to the website increased, which resulted in a quadrupling of web leads, which has provided additional business. Bop Design's pricing, turn-around time, and attention to detail made the process efficient, and they continue to be a valued vendor.

TAG (The Accounting Group) is an outsourced accounting and software solutions firm.  TAG provides outsourced accounting B2B services and is a Sage Construction Software Partner.  With five office locations throughout Southern California, we focus on small-to-mid-sized companies and high-net-worth families.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bop Design?

Bop Design was selected by TAG to redesign our Wordpress site and optimize the brand identity. They provided SEO, CTA's to drive business leads, and integrated our different company divisions.

We have four distinct divisions here, so we wanted to keep them separate on our website, but also make them a cohesive story on how they all kind of fit together.

We had a previous WordPress website. It was not responsive and not very elaborate. It was pieced together, with not too much content, very little infographics, and an unpopular color scheme.

As I recall, they came in with two or three separate ideas. It was a team approach on how they thought they were going to elaborate the divisions, focus on separating the services that we provide, and what the audience was that we're going to reach. They explained SEO to us: how pages rank, and how to capture all the keywords to help our website rank.

They made our website responsive and easier to scroll. On our previous website, there was just a small template, a small frame; it that barely captured one page. We could put a lot of content and information within one long, scrolling page. They changed all our colors, so we went from four oranges and yellows that were completely ugly to four different colors that represented a different division within TAG. It made things a lot cleaner and easier to navigate.​​​​​​

Jeremy took the lead and was more like the project manager. We had Kara, who was doing all of the design and branding work. There was another person that helped with SEO and content, and probably one other person. I don't know how many other people working behind the scenes.

We had same people throughout the whole project and we communicated at least once a week; we do check-ins.

How did you come to work with Bop Design?

I came in new to the position. I didn't think the previous team was a great fit, so I interviewed four different firms, they came out and gave us proposals and pitches. Our whole team, the management team and I, all decided that Bop was going to be a great fit. They weren't priced the lowest nor were they the highest price, but they gave us the most detail in their proposal. They really listened to all our needs, captured them in the proposal, and outlined exactly what they were going to do for us.

It was extremely easy. The proposal was so detailed with all the different pieces they wanted to work on; they put a calendar in with due dates. We knew where we stood every week, and we could check on the progress they were making. If anybody held up the project, it would have been us, TAG, coming to agreement on making decisions. It really moved along exactly how they proposed that it would.

I reach out to them almost quarterly for different small, little projects. They've helped us with three landing pages for Google AdWords, and they also tweak those and continue to maintain those. I'm working with them right now to create new pages for our construction software division. We've eliminated a software on our page and added a new one, so I'm working with them right now. In total, maybe 20 grand.

It was four year ago. Bop works with TAG on an on-going basis to add more pages and functionality to their website. Bop also creates landing pages for Google AdWords and works with TAG to make sure the PPC campaign is running smoothly and on-budget.

We've definitely seen an uptick in traffic which has resulted in at least quadrupling our number of web leads. So a lot more people have been finding us on the web either organically or through these Google AdWords. We probably only had maybe 2 a quarter, 3 a quarter with our old website, and now we're consistently at 15 to 20 a quarter, which has resulted in a lot of new business for us in different regions of the country.

How did Bop Design perform from a project management standpoint?

They're always on top of it, so very organized. They respond within 24 hours if I have a question. They get on the phone or a GoToMeeting, so we're seeing exactly what they're working on, and they don't nickel-and-dime you. If I have questions, they're not going to charge it to an hourly rate. They just kind of take care of it. And they're easy with their billing. For any of the new upcoming project work, they're just very fair in their pricing.

I mostly would just email Jeremy or Emily, or who is ever in charge of whatever they're working on. If I recall, there were a couple of different tools that they used when we were building up the website. Some had to do with changing up the sitemap and/or adding content. There were a couple of technology tools that they used to streamline things and make it a lot easier for us to all be on the same page.

Bop's pricing, turn-around time, and attention to detail is fantastic.  They are a great team to work with and are dedicated to providing the best services and truly want their clients to succeed.

No. I keep working with them. It's been a great relationship, they're easy to work with, and I've definitely recommended other companies to reach out to them. I think it really started from the beginning when I went on a long process with interviewing three or four other firms to take on this project; I knew that they were going to be a good fit. And they haven't disappointed yet.

Do you have any advice or recommendations?

I think it's always good to compare proposals and pricing - so you don't necessarily have to go with the cheapest solution. You should get a better understanding on the team and their approach, and make sure that the proposal is really what you're looking for. All the pain points of your current website that you don't like, explain everything that what you're looking for so that whoever you hire really provides the best solution and walks you through exactly what you're looking for.

Overall Score I've kept a working relationship with them. They haven't disappointed. They've kept our website to be still up-to-date and highly ranked, and it continues to drive traffic.
    The proposal, the due dates, the whole upgrade of the website: they met the deadlines.
    Their pricing was extremely fair, it was right there in the middle. They're not too expensive, and they're not going to be the lowest price either.
    What they promised us, that they delivered on on.

Branding, Website, Digital Marketing, for Health Company

"They managed the process well…. I would refer Bop very willingly and confidently."

Aug. 2013 - Ongoing

Bop Design designed the website, logo, and taglines for a wellness travel company. They manage SEO through regular blogs, e-books, social media, & Google Adwords campaigns.

Carlsbad, California
Wyatt Chapman
Founder and CEO

Bop's efforts helped achieve consistent 170% annual growth rates in income & new clients. The owners combined the experience, technical, and graphic skills of a larger firm with individualized attention and excellent communication. Deadlines were met and last minute changes handled professionally.

Introduce your business and what you do there.
I’m the Founder and CEO of VeraVia. VeraVia is a boutique integrative health and wellness retreat that provides customized all-inclusive, comprehensive, and structured programs based on each guest’s unique health goals in a high-end luxury Five Star resort setting. All of our programs include our 4 pillars: fitness, nutrition, naturopathic medical, and wellness (behavioral) in a holistic approach to treat the whole person from the inside out. Our all-inclusive programs range from our 3-night Reboot Express, to 1, 2, 3, or 4 week stays. Our clients are typically busy professionals who are looking to make lifelong changes.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bop Design?
We searched a lot of companies, but most of them were very large companies, which we weren’t interested in. Once we found Bop Design, we set up a meeting with them. We liked what they had to say, so they were the only ones we interviewed.

We wanted to rebrand because we were new. I had come up with a logo and name on my own. When we met with Jeremy [Principal, Bop], he recommended that we come up with a name that could be trademarked. Based on that, they [Bop] did research on names that could be used and that also could be trademarked for our specific type of business. Then they came up with 5 or 6 options, and we selected what we liked from those. After the initial naming and branding of the company, they also helped with original website design and creation, ongoing SEO including regular blogs, e-books, social media management, and Google Adwords campaigns.

As a new company in a high-end luxury space having to compete with numerous well-known brands, we were able to achieve approximately 170% growth year over year, obtain numerous press releases in major publications, and rank at the top of SEO search results for our major search terms. Bop also assisted with ongoing website refresh designs to keep our site looking modern and refined it to align with our brand as we grew and modified our company focus. They also added new features to benefit our clients.

Our target market is the high-end, international luxury wellness traveler. Bop effectively assisted with targeting quality leads that were interested in our product and could afford it.

We didn’t have any web presence at all. We told Bop we wanted our brand to be a luxury, high-end boutique type of product that was highly individualized and customized. Based on those descriptions, they came up with the website design, logo design, taglines, etc. They now manage the SEO for our account and write blogs for SEO purposes.

I worked with the 2 principals who were my main points of contact. At the beginning, I spoke with them once a week over the phone or in-person. We also communicated daily via email. Now during the maintenance phase, I speak with them once a week. They would send drafts, and I would comment on them. They would send updates or suggestions as well. They had a team of 2 people who worked on the design side and 1 person who worked on the programming aspect of the website.

How did you come to work with them?

I found them on a Google search.

We started working together in August 2013 and the work is ongoing.

Bop's initial and ongoing efforts helped us achieve consistent 170% annual growth rates in income and new clients.

How did Bop Design perform from a project management standpoint?
Bop effectively met all project deadlines with exceptional product deliveries and responded very well to last minute change requests from us. They stuck to initial price quotes always.

What's unique is that you get a firm with experience, technical and graphic skills of a larger firm, but with the individual attention from the owners.

I would not have them do anything differently.

Do you have any advice for someone wanting to start a project with them?
They managed the process well. I don’t feel there’s something that I would advise somebody to do differently to get the best results. I trusted them.

Overall Score Exceptional quality and service all around!
    Deliverables were always met on time.
    Initial price quotes were always met, and exceptional quality was always provided at a very reasonable cost.
    All deliverables have been of exceptional quality and have exceeded our expectations.
    I would refer Bop very willingly and confidently.

Web Development for Human Capital Firm

"Bop Design was informative throughout the process, giving us a deliverables timeline, and stayed on top of things."

2015 - Ongoing

The project with Bop Design began with the redesign of 2 sites on WordPress. It has expanded to include a third site and the client has plans for a fourth.

San Ramon, California
Noelle Crutchley
Marketing Manage, Evergent Group

The customer support and impressive deliverables from Bop Design are greatly appreciated by the client. Additionally, Bop Design's expertise in SEO [search engine optimization] was beneficial.

Evergent Group runs 4 staffing, payroll, and consulting companies. I’m the Marketing Manager.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bop Design?

We needed to redesign 2 company websites. They had been built on a static Dreamweaver platform, with design and code being separate. Any updates meant re-uploading Dreamweaver files to the site, which was an archaic process.

Bop Design developed our websites using WordPress, which allowed us to manage content online. We've also used Bop Design for a redesign of our website for Suna Solutions, which was launched a few days ago.

Bop Design has full in-house resources, and they also engage independent contractors for copywriting, which was managed for us.

How did you come to work with Bop Design?

I researched a number of web companies, and sat down with a couple. I didn't get the feeling that any of them grasped the concepts or the direction which we were aiming for. After another request for proposal and Google search round, I found Bop Design. I looked at their website and read about their company. Bop Design stated that they believed in SEO, which was a big touch point. We wanted to become more searchable, and found that Bop Design practiced what they preached. They are SEO experts, and showed up first for this type of search. One of the companies that responded to our bid had a price which was 5 times higher than our offer. Bop Design understood where our budget was, and gave us what we wanted.

How much have you invested with Bop Design?

This information is confidential.

We started working with Bop Design at the end of 2015. Our first 2 websites were launched in February, 2016, and the one for Suna Solutions was launched a few days ago. We're planning on developing a 4th website for our company using Bop Design.

I was always impressed with Bop Design, from our first meeting onwards. We had an immediate connection, and Bop Design seemed to understand where we wanted our business to go, and what the look-and-feel of our site was supposed to be. Bop Design was informative throughout the process, giving us a deliverables timeline, and stayed on top of things. The only delays came from our end, when we were too busy to provide content which Bop Design requested.

How did Bop Design perform from a project management standpoint?

Whenever I needed something, I received a reply within minutes. Bop Design provided great customer service, and even invited us to their own web launch party. The relationship has grown and continued to flourish throughout the entire period. I was able to email Bop Design's project manager and receive a reply immediately on any question, even after the website launch. This showed that Bop Design really cared about our company, not just about the money.

What did you find most impressive about Bop Design?

We never felt that we hired a web design company, but rather that we were having some friends do it for us. If we didn't like something, we could tell Bop Design's team, and they wouldn't be offended. I could ask for any changes and have them implemented.

There are tons of companies which claim that they're good at SEO or design, but after looking at their own websites, it's easy to see that they're not optimized for organic searches, and have bad designs. Bop Design is not like that, and they definitely practice what they preach through an expert SEO team.

Are there any areas Bop Design could improve?

I can't think of anything. I was always impressed with Bop Design whenever we worked with them.

Website Redesign for Tattoo Removal Clinic

"Bop Design was fantastic and I've appreciated their level of professionalism."

Bop Design revamped a website focusing on user-friendliness, created a mobile app based on the site, and provided monthly maintenance.

Patricia R.
Dermatology Nurse Practitioner, Tattoo Removal Laser Clinic

The new site's visual appeal and engaging features attracted many customers. Its watermarked photos solved a previous intellectual property theft issue. Bop Design set clear expectations, provided helpful documentation, and delivered outstanding results.

I work at a tattoo laser-removal clinic based in San Diego.

I am a Dermatology Nurse Practitioner.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Bop Design?

We needed a more user-friendly version of our website. Our company has been in business since 1999, so we've had to evolve along with the internet, in terms of web design. At first, it was all about print media, but things have obviously changed.

Bop Design redesigned our website, based on the existing design. They also created a mobile version of the site and performed monthly maintenance.

How did you come to work with Bop Design?

I'd heard about Bop Design through colleagues and friends, but I did my own online research. A developer whom I know, had some great things to say about Bop Design as well.

We had received at least 3 bids for our job offer and interviewed each person. The owner and Bop Design's top designer came out to us initially. They looked at the ambiance of the clinic and what our branding was. They listened to our needs and came up with a proposal. We chose them based on their proposal.

The total redesign cost was between $8,000 and $10,000. We also opted for monthly website maintenance with Bop Design.

Our website redesign finished in 2014. We maintained a relationship with Bop Design, but we've recently sold our clinic. Even though I wasn't paying for Bop Design's services any longer, I was able to contact them with questions, at no additional cost. Bop Design has given me some very useful information, above the call of duty.

We went from a very remedial website, to something which had a lot of pop. The medical tattoo removal field is dependent on before-and-after photos. A big problem for our company was that people stole our photography, passing it off as their own. Bop Design came up with the solution of putting watermarks on the photography, in order to slow that down. I'm not a tech person, but I was able to scan photos and upload them to the website with the watermark applied to the picture automatically, as a functionality of the website.

In addition to this, Bop Design included a slider at the bottom of each page, showing a movement between the before and after pictures. I was able to work with it, despite my limited computer skills.

Bop Design gave me a very good operating manual as well, and I could email them any time I had a question.

What distinguishes Bop Design from other providers?

I've appreciated Bop Design's consistency. They stayed on time and were good to their word, which was quite refreshing. We've had some not so good experiences with other website designers.

Is there anything Bop Design could have improved or done differently?

I wish I could say something, but Bop Design was fantastic and I've appreciated their level of professionalism. They didn't overpromise, instead they gave us realistic expectations of what could and couldn't be done.

Bop Design's cost was very reasonable, given the product that they delivered. You get what you pay for.

Website Redesign for Clinical Diagnostics Company

"Bop Desing is awesome to work with, compared to all of the other developers I've known in the past."

Bop Design consolidated the client's numerous outdated sites into one improved design with better UX and UI. They simplified the site map, updated the menu and navigation, and ehanced the overall functionality of the site.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Digital Marketing Specialist, Diagnostics Company

The project is complete, but the client is in Bop's 30-day trial window for SEO tracking and optimizations. The client was very satisfied with the work and cited Bop's timeliness on all deliverables and execution.

BioFire Diagnostics LLC is a privately held clinical diagnostics company based in Salt Lake City, Utah. The company manufactures and distributes its proprietary diagnostic respiratory panel, FilmArray RP, which operates on its user-friendly FilmArray system, to hospital-based clinical laboratories in the U.S. and E.U. BioFire is continuing to develop a broader test menu for its FilmArray system, including a blood culture ID panel, gastrointestinal panel, and a meningitis panel. The company prides itself in a comprehensive understanding of what matters most to its customers, and continues to make great strides to ensure that its products remain reliable, user-friendly, and on the cutting edge of innovation.

The company also currently holds over 70 patents related to polymerase chain reaction (PCR). The company has used its extensive patent portfolio to successfully market nearly 200 products to the clinical, research, and military markets. BioFire collaborates with various U.S. governmental agencies including the Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Defense. Additionally, researchers, medical technicians, law enforcement officers, and soldiers in the field, use company devices to detect or study disease-causing organisms.

My role as the Digital Marketing Specialist is to manage day-to-day brand websites, operations of social media platforms, as well as develop, implement, track, and optimize campaigns across all digital platforms. I also create and manage new digital marketing tools, email marketing, public relations, as well as read and interpret web analytics.

We had multiple websites for our company and products. All sites were outdated, had poor navigation, were not user-friendly, and overall lacked visual appeal. Potential leads and customers using the site could not find the information they were after, and that lead to high bounce rates and poor user experience.

They improved our page by simplifying our site map and making the menu and navigation a lot easier and more user-friendly. Bop Design updated our design, implementing a continuous scroll, rather than requiring users to click deeper and deeper into the page in order to get to their information. The buttons are now much easier to use as well.

The project, on Bop Design's end, is completed. They've offered us a 30-day window for SEO tracking and making optimizations. We're still within that process, but everything has been handed over to our company.

Bop Design is awesome to work with, compared to all of the other developers I've known in the past. I have no criticisms. They were always on time in terms of deliverables and execution. Our company was the slow one. The work was done during December, so everyone was hit-and-miss.

Digital Marketing for Aerospace Technology Provider

"I liked the professionalism, efficiency, and the flexibility they offer."

Aug. 2014 - Ongoing

Bop Design designed a responsive website for a technology provider to include more usability and marketing features. They also provided design for digital and print campaigns.

Burbank, California
Lisa Leight
Head of Marketing, Hydra-Electric

The website received many compliments from customers. Bop Design impressed with timely deliveries, collaborative mindset, and extensive knowledge of content marketing. Their designers were always available to discuss ideas and provide insight.

I am working with an aerospace company – Hydra-Electric.

I've been their head of marketing since March 2014.

What business challenge were you trying to address with BOP Design?

The company had a sub-par website with very poor functionality and usability. It was very poor in terms of communicating our message, and the company had zero marketing. The marketing function had been dormant for about two years, so I really had to rebuild the marketing foundation, and the first step was the website.

It was a complete website redesign. I used to manage websites for other companies, so I'm fairly knowledgeable, although my technical knowledge is a little bit outdated. I was really looking for somebody who could help me with that. I had a sense of what I wanted in terms of information architecture, but the concept of responsive design was new to me, so I wanted somebody that could do a responsive design website. I also knew that I would be using Bop Design, or I expected to be using them, for other marketing design purposes. That kind of came later, but they've been great in that sense.

How did you come to work with BOP Design?

I'm in a marketing organization called MENG – Marketing Executives Networking Group – and I posted there. I'm sure Jeremy [Durant, principal at Bop Design] responded to me directly. I was looking for a Web design company that was specialized in business to business. We had a limited budget, so I was looking for somebody that worked well with smaller companies.

It was approximately $20,000.

I started working with them at the end of August [2014], I think that was our first kickoff meeting, and then the website went live on December 9. Since then, they've helped with digital products as well as design for print and other products. They've done everything from designing our banner ads, designed our presentation folders, given me templates for our data sheets, and created the graphics for our booth for trade shows. Also, when I do promo products, if I need something higher level done, then I go to BOP.

They were pretty much on track, time-wise. There was a little bit of delay on our part. I would say they have been very efficient in terms of turning things around and getting us stuff when they said they would. The design work has been great. I've gotten so many compliments on the website itself.

I think the one great thing about working with them is, a lot of times, they'd present an idea, and I would push back and say, "I really want it this way." Sometimes, they'd say, "Okay, great. We can do it." Other times, they would push back and say, "It's really going to be a mistake because of X, Y, and Z." They would educate me on something. We had a great working relationship. They balanced well between being flexible, but not being a pushover. They were open to my ideas, but also let me know when they felt strongly that what I was proposing wasn't going to serve our objective.

What distinguishes BOP Design from other providers?

I think what I liked was, I worked directly with the designer, and she had a great grasp of both design, UI and project management. In other web design firms with whom I've worked, the designer only focused on the design aspect. There's three roles; the project manager that keeps things on track, there's somebody who's got the design vision, and then there's the role of making sure that the user interface, functionality and usability makes sense. I think what was unique about Bop is the chance to work with a professional who could manage all three.

First of all, we started out with Emily [VonSydow] in charge of project management, then I got switched to Kara [Jensen], and at first I was like, "Wait a second, we were supposed to have a project management person. It's not right here." Then, they explained to me that Kara is well versed in all three of those areas, and I was just enormously impressed in working with her for all three. Since then, once the project wrapped up, Emily has been our project manager; she has been great, too. I feel I can go to either of them.

I've just really been impressed with the caliber of the people at Bop Design. I liked the professionalism, efficiency, and the flexibility they offer.

The other thing that really impressed me, in them winning our business, was their knowledge of content marketing. I think that is the differentiator. The other thing that I really appreciated is that working with the post launch has been fantastic, in terms of working out a very reasonable monthly retainer. That's been really effective.

In hindsight, are there areas in which they could improve, or things you might do differently?

They migrated the color of our logo, and it wasn't apparent until after the fact. They probably thought that we didn't really have a color palette, that it was OK if they just punched it in one direction. But, this should have been a more explicit conversation.

Website Development for IT Solutions Company

"We received really fantastic feedback from customers."

2015 - Ongoing

Bop Design developed, designed, and launched a WordPress site. They provided template design, copywriting, graphic design, photo integration, and ongoing maintenance.

VP of Marketing, IT Solutions Company

The new site provided a sophisticated reflection of the company, earning rave feedback from customers and employees alike. Bop Design's organized methodology, deep talent pool, and extensive marketing knowledge made the entire process smooth and simple.

We are a custom software development company. We actually partner with many different companies to provide them with development and testing teams.

What is your position and responsibilities?

I am responsible for the marketing, sales, and delivery teams.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Bop Design?

Our website was really outdated, and we hadn't made it a focus to work on the website. We had managed to gain new projects and clients without having to do that, I guess. Although we have great internal development teams, I just thought it would be easier to work with Bop Design, to move it off our plate and have them help us with designing a website that reflected our value proposition, and also to develop a site, and help us with the launch. They really helped us soup to nuts.

I met with Kara [Jensen, creative principal at Bop Design] very briefly. I think we probably spent a couple hours together, maximum, and from what I recall, I just told her what I had in mind. I had some documentation, but a lot of it was just in my head. She said, "OK, well here is the process." She laid out a really simple process of how it was going to work, which actually I was really concerned with in the beginning because it was almost too simple. She took that information, went away and told me to trust the process. I call it the "Kara magic."

She came back with a couple of different designs, and they were great. She really got it very quickly. From there, we chose a design them, and then we worked on imagery, we worked on graphics to get certain concepts across. The last piece of it was the copywriting. We had a couple of hiccups, like you would with any project, but I really think they did a great job of putting it all together.

Kara really helped us with understanding our value proposition and translating that into a really simple design, which was great. Then she and her team selected all of the graphic and photo elements. I created a baseline for the copy, but then they did all of the polishing, which was great. They really simplified and made my words a lot easier to understand. Then they went into development. The site is built on WordPress. They helped us with the launch, they worked with our IT [information technology] group to launch the website, and they continue to maintain it for us when we had changes.

How did you come to work with Bop Design?

I think I've met with Jeremy [Durant, the business principal at Bop Design] at a networking event. It was many years prior. He and I talked a little bit. It was one of those things where it's like, I really need to redo the website, but I never got around to it. I talked to him many years before.

I actually engaged several other marketing agencies locally, for the project, and I wasn't really happy with their whole approach. They were making it a much bigger project than what I really envisioned. I called up Jeremy and said, "Hey, Jeremy. I really just need someone to come in and help us take our value proposition. We have a buyer persona, we know who the target audience is, we know who our ideal companies are, and we have that compelling value proposition, I just really need help in translating it."

He said, "Sure, I can absolutely help with that." He came in, and the first time I met with Kara I felt really comfortable. I really felt like she really got it really quickly. Unlike other marketing agencies, they weren't trying to come in and reinvent the wheel, so to speak. We just really connected with Kara and felt like she really understood what it is that we were trying to do. That's how we got started.

I paid $25,000.

They rebuilt our website in the first quarter of this year [2015]. We started working on the project in January, and I believe we launched end of March, and we still work with them.

We received really fantastic feedback from customers, from our own employees, even from people who are applying for jobs. I've been building up the marketing and sales team, and people comment, "Wow, your website is so easy to understand – it's so clear. We totally get what you do." To get that kind of feedback, compared to what our site was like, it was such a poor representation of who we are. For the Bop team to take that and turn it into what it is today, I really commend them for that.

How did Bop Design perform from a project management standpoint?

I think I mentioned a couple of hiccups but, overall, working with Kara and Jeremy has been a really pleasant experience. With timelines, everything always takes a little bit longer than you had originally envisioned. We tried to pull that back in as much as possible. We had to swap copywriters or copy editors midstream, which was partially a reason for the delay. Other than that, I think that the entire project has been really successful.

What distinguishes Bop Design from other providers?

I really think of them as a marketing and graphic design agency. For me, the strongest service line that I've worked with them on is graphic design. I think Kara really differentiates the company, and just does a fantastic job of understanding what it is that we're trying to relay, and putting that into a design format that is simple, elegant, and easy to understand. She's really talented.

I would just say that Kara, for example, is really talented, and working with Kara is different from working with some of the other members of their team. They're responsive, they're very service-oriented, they really try, but she's just really talented, and I think that's hard to replicate.

Overall Score It really has been a very pleasant experience working with them.
    I recommend them all the time.

Digital Marketing for Communications Coaching Company

"They really understand small, business-to-business companies."

Jan. 2015 - Ongoing

Bop Design provided a range of design and marketing services to a professional coach. They also offered web development, branding work, and content marketing.

Cliff Kennedy
Owner, Kennedy Speech Communications

Hundreds of customers were drawn to the new site by its compelling designs and award-winning logo. Bop Design's impeccable design skills and exceptional customer service set them apart from other firms. The team particularly excelled at small business strategy.

We do speech coaching and presentation skills training, primarily for corporations.

I am the owner of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Bop Design?

It all involved a rebranding of my company. I have had the company since 1993 and, in the past, I was primarily focused on creative direction and production for large corporate events. Then, in 2008, I began to refocus primarily to the speech coaching. In 2011 or 2012, I contacted Bop for a complete redesign of my website and a new logo. They also helped me go through the renaming process. They provided support for all that.

It's primarily been design work, and now it's extended into some content marketing. They've also done development and the back-end – the whole nine yards.

How did you come to work with Bop Design?

Actually, as the other part of the process, I was relocating from Chicago to San Diego. I wanted to find a local company here in San Diego. I went through a typical search process on the Internet.

To do the logo design and create the entire website and everything, it was around $10,000.

The collaboration is still ongoing. Probably about six months ago [January 2015], I hired them to do content marketing, which I was failing at miserably when I was doing it by myself.

I went from zero presence on the Web. I think my domain authority has gone up. They've actually had a big impact in this process of marketing because they're doing the content marketing and Google AdWords, and all that kind of stuff. I've gone from one visitor a day to hundreds.

What distinguishes Bop Design from other providers?

They're very good creatively. The logo they designed for me won an award. They have great customer service. They're very focused on customer satisfaction. They really understand small, business-to-business companies.

If I had any issues, you can see the growing pains that they're going through. Things have always worked out great, but if there were ever issues, it's usually based on them growing and getting more clients.

Overall Score I would give five and a half if I could.
    I've done that already.