Measurable Marketing

Bronze

Hello! 🐙 We're your CFO's new best friend, a digital marketing and branding agency that specializes in measurable marketing.

What Makes us different

At blue/meta our thinking is different. We take a business consulting approach to your marketing. This means our strategies are based on what will drive revenue instead of what will drive vanity metrics.

Measure What Matters

We leverage our financial and business acumen to tackle your marketing problems with data. Measurable marketing lets you scale your business by quantifying the profitability of each tactic.

Digital Transformation

Developing digital touch-points between your brand and your customers at every step of the buying process. We use latest technology, data and creative to build systems that drive consistent and predictable revenue growth.

2019
Langley, Canada
  • 358 - 19951 80a Ave
    Langley, BC V2Y 0J8

10net Group, WaterTec Irrigation, Forever Yours Lingerie, Tap 2 Drain Plumbing

E-Commerce Strategy for Meat Products Manufacturer

"They took on this project and treated it like it was their own, which I’m not used to."

Feb. - Apr. 2020

blue/meta developed an all-encompassing e-commerce strategy that involved working on the target audience, marketing position and funnels, keywords, and pricing. They also created a year-long marketing calendar.

Drake, Canada
Marketing Manager, Drake Meats

blue/meta delivered more than was asked of them, setting the business up for success. They made themselves accessible, communicated frequently, and completed the project much quicker than expected. Additionally, the team prioritized the project’s profitability and performance over large ad spend.

I’m a marketing manager at Drake Meats. We develop, manufacture, and market meat products for Saskatchewan and western Canada.

What challenge were you trying to address with blue/meta?

We are entering the e-commerce world, and we needed to hire some e-commerce experts to navigate that. That’s why we hired blue/meta.

blue/meta completed a comprehensive e-commerce strategy, which involved developing, identifying, and recording a target audience, market positioning, pricing, keyword overview, and marketing funnels.

They did tactics that we’ll use for the launch and for the whole year after we launch. The team also did a general overview of ad design and messaging that we’re going to use during our campaigns. The final product was an entire marketing calendar for year one of this new e-commerce project.

We worked with 4–5 teammates, and there were probably others working behind the scenes. I mostly dealt with Nick (CEO) and Ricky (CMO).

How did you come to work with blue/meta?

A colleague of mine who used to work with them introduced them to me.

We spent $10,000.

We worked together from February–April 2020.

Nick and Ricky were available at all times. They went above and beyond, doing more work than we had hired them to do. In terms of success, they really got us prepared to launch this e-commerce business from a marketing and promotional perspective.

They set us up for success in terms of laying the foundation for what data needs to be tracked throughout the marketing funnel so that we can improve our campaigns every week and ultimately make this profitable.

The team set themselves up in a way that they had to deliver results, otherwise, we would’ve known very quickly. There was no way to hide.

How did blue/meta perform from a project management standpoint?

Overall, they performed very well. blue/meta reached out on a regular basis and followed up when they needed to. They conducted the work extremely quickly, a lot faster than we were expecting. From start to finish, it was a smooth and seamless process.

What set them apart from other agencies that I’ve worked with is that they weren’t just concerned about ad spend and spending a lot of money on marketing campaigns. blue/meta was far more concerned with the project’s profitability and that we were accurately measuring our market performance post-launch.

My favorite part about working with blue/meta is that they treated this as their own company. They took on this project and treated it like it was their own, which I’m not used to. As I mentioned, they truly wanted it to be profitable.

No, I have no specific criticism for them at this time.

Hire them. If you’re interested in measurable marketing, particularly in the e-commerce space, blue/meta will get you where you need to go.

Branding, Web Dev & Digital Marketing for Realtor

“We’re really happy with the results.”

Sept. 2018 - Ongoing

blue/meta came on board to revamp a real estate company’s branding and develop a new website. The team continues to do SEO, coordinate social media, manage content, and execute marketing campaigns.

Langley Township, British Columbia
Corbin Chivers
President, Corbin & Co.

blue/meta’s work has achieved top keyword rankings, helping the company establish a strong digital presence as a top local realtor. Organized and detail-oriented, the team provides a clear depiction of online performance. Their expertise in the space is also noteworthy.

I’m the president of Corbin & Co., a personal real estate corporation.

What challenge were you trying to address with blue/meta?

We wanted to increase our online engagement.

Corbin & Co. basically redid everything that we had in terms of content and branding, and they developed our website from the ground up. They continue to do SEO and execute different campaigns that we have on a regular basis. They also do social media coordination with another company that they work with. They manage our content and work on the creative side as well.

We work with three people, including Ricky (CMO) and Tianna (Digital Marketing Specialist).

How did you come to work with blue/meta?

I’d done business with the other partner Nick (CEO) through a pub that he owned.

My company has spent about $30,000.

We began working together in September 2018, and it’s ongoing.

My ranking for being a top realtor in my local area used to be in the hundreds on Google; I used to be way down on the list. Now, for certain keywords that are important, we rank in the top two and three in my local area.

How did blue/meta perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re great. They’re really organized and help keep me organized. We communicate via email and video calls. I’ve collaborated with them to determine KPIs, and we have monthly in-depth calls to discuss those KPIs. It gives me a very clear snapshot of how the business is performing in regards to online.

Their attention to detail and expertise in the space sets them apart.

No, they do a great job. We’re really happy with the results.

Listen to and trust in what they say; they know what they’re doing. Results aren’t immediate for anything when it comes to branding, so be patient. If you’re patient, big changes can happen and make a world of difference.

They’re very good at that.
    They provide good value. They’re a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Digital Strategy & PPC for Plumbing Company

"Their communication as a team is amazing."

Aug. 2019 - Ongoing

blue/meta provides PPC services, along with thorough reporting and live dashboards. In addition to working on Facebook, Google, and Bing ads they’ve also developed plans to revamp a website.

Mission, British Columbia
Charles Thurlow
Business Manager, Tap 2 Drain Plumbing

Business has increased markedly since blue/meta came on board, and the client praises them for their innovative marketing ideas. They’ve consistently displayed top-level responsiveness, and their flexibility in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic is notable. Customers can expect a committed partner.

I’m the business manager of Tap 2 Drain Plumbing.

What challenge were you trying to address with blue/meta?

We didn’t have much experience on the marketing side of our business or time to devote to it, and it began impacting our business. blue/meta was working with us on a part-time basis whenever we needed help, and I eventually brought them on and gave them full control.

I asked them to do a light digital audit to start with to see what our footprint was. From there, I was very impressed with what they came back with. It told me exactly what I thought was the problem. Then, we put together monthly marketing reports and dashboards. This let me access all the information they were tracking for me. We met on a monthly basis to steer our efforts in the right direction.

One of the things they built for me was a live dashboard that tracks and compares KPIs with how much I’m spending, including cost-per-click (CPC). I also asked them to track all my calls and they found a company that lets me use different phone numbers for different clients – with everything linked back to my phone so we can track which ads or landing pages they’ve seen. We've also looked at website traffic, booked calls, and analyzed Google Ads and Facebook Ads and Bing Ads performance. They don’t do any organic work for me.

We were about to start on a website redevelopment in mid-April as well, but that’s on hold because of the pandemic.

I’ve worked with everyone since the beginning, from the President on down. I’m a face-to-face kind of person. Especially at the beginning, I like to know who I’m working with: how they handle themselves in meetings and how they think on their feet. Starting with the President, I worked my way down to the team I have now.

Nick (CEO, blue/meta) is the President, and though he no longer works on the day-to-day side, he joins meetings, which allows us to discuss if they’re actually performing the work that I want. Ricky (CMO, blue/meta) is the project manager and my main contact. I go to him to perform certain tasks for me or put projects together going after certain clients. Finally, Carissa (Digital Marketing Specialist, blue/meta) is the one behind the scenes that I work with on a daily basis.

How did you come to work with blue/meta?

I’ve worked for banks for years and owned my own company for years. In working in different industries and with different sales and marketing teams, I can say that blue/meta is number one. They deliver, they’re not afraid to communicate and they don’t mind when I tell them if I don’t like something. They’re very open. I would recommend them to anybody.

We’ve spent over $50,000.

I’ve been working full-time with them since August 2019. They’re part of my management team. I’m not planning on bringing anyone else in. I get great value from them.

Business has increased by 20–30% thanks to them. Because I request a face-to-face meeting every month, along with the reports in front of me, it holds them accountable. We go over everything — every KPI, ever number we’re tracking — and they’re well-prepared for me. They’ve taken responsibility, no matter how it falls out.

Anecdotally, I work mostly with Google services, but they told me that Bing was trending and that it was less expensive, and we’ve seen traffic grow from that source. I wouldn’t have even considered it without them. They look at all angles.

How did blue/meta? perform from a project management standpoint?

If I send out an email or text, they’re on it right away. I’m not versed in everything but they handle me very well. By the time they’re done explaining, I’ve realized it was a stupid question, but they never make me feel that way. They’re on time and budget, and if something happens during the project they won’t increase their bill form the original quote. Some people will add to your bill, but they don’t.

I went to them in March and told them I was losing well over 30% with the virus and I asked them what they could do to help me out. Without reducing their services to me, they reduced their invoices by 50%. That’s unheard of. Since then, I’ve sent two projects to them and given them some money back because of it. Most people would cut back their services, but now, when we get out of this, we’re going to start franchising and I’m bringing blue/meta with us. Every one of our franchisees is going to work with them.

They work well as a team. I tried to trip them up by saying the same thing to two different people — seeing if I could get two different answers — but they were on it. They don’t put each other down for any reason if something gets dropped. Their communication as a team is amazing.

Nothing comes to mind right now, and I’m the type of guy who would tell you if there was something. They’ve just knocked it out of the park.

Be brutally honest. Don’t hide if your business has been bad or your marketing is not good. They’ll find it regardless, so be honest from the beginning. They do the same. They won’t mince words or make you feel wonderful if it’s not the case. They want you to learn.

Overall Score I don’t have any complaints.
    They haven’t tried to raise their rates, even with our great performance with them.

Branding & Digital Strategy for Gaming Company

“Their attention to detail and service was through the roof.”

Oct 2018 - Sept 2019

blue/meta provided digital strategy and branding services for a gaming stadium. Their work included Facebook and Google Ads management.

British Columbia, Canada
Spiro Khouri
CEO, The Gaming Stadium

blue/meta’s work was met with high praise and acclaim. The team is thorough, diligent, and communicative. Customers can expect a team that sets clear expectations from the get-go and executes seamlessly.

I’m the CEO of The Gaming Stadium.

What challenge were you trying to address with blue/meta?

We were a new company and were looking to build brand awareness and drive registration for events we were doing prior to our opening.

We started with a discovery meeting, where we laid out who we are and what we’re doing, as well as the potential challenges we’d be facing as a startup with limited bandwidth.

We were able to build out a plan that would accomplish our goals and utilizing technology like Facebook Ads and Google Ads. That led into roadmaps, and regular ongoing meetings. They leveraged those digital advertising channels to drive people to our website to sign up for our newsletter and promote our events as we led up to our opening.

How did you come to work with blue/meta?

I worked with the co-founders previously and had seen the work that they do. We still went through a formal RFP process, and they had the best plan by far. They’re both gamers and understand our industry, which was important as well.

We’ve invested $50,000.

We began working together in October 2018 and wrapped up September 2019. We only stopped because we brought an internal person onboard.

When it came to driving visits to our registration page, we jumped up 35% from the previous year. Using the ads they’d done, we were able to track all of the data. We also saw a 17% increase in ticket sales through their digital campaigns. They set a clear expectation at the beginning and followed through to make sure that expectation was met. They were very honest and realistic. If things didn’t go as planned, they scheduled a meeting so we could strategize on how to meet that goal.

How did blue/meta perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re fantastic. Their attention to detail and service was through the roof. We could contact them at any time. They had great communication and I still talk to them 1-2 times a week. If we ever needed to engage an agency again, they’d be our first call, no questions asked.

They empowered us to help with the work, which helped us stretch our budget for more ads. Even when we hired our in-house personnel, they helped and aided with that transition process.

Overall Score They were phenomenal to work with, understood our industry, and delivered.
    We have recurring meetings that never got pushed or postponed. We would spend more time than our package allotted.
    We were very clear about what our budget was and they were able to make it work for us.
    They were always available and ready to give suggestions when needed. They were phenomenal.
    I recommend them all the time.

Digital Marketing Support for Terpenes Manufacturer

"They’re always eager and available to contribute."

Nov. 2019 - Ongoing

blue/meta provides web design and development services for a terpenes manufacturer for sale into the cannabis industry. Their work includes digital strategy, trade show management, and SEO efforts.

British Columbia, Canada
Katie Miller
Sales & Business Development Manager, Flow Scientific

blue/meta’s work has met the mark across the board. The website was lauded by internal and external stakeholders, and the team delivers on time and within their assigned budget. Customers can expect a flexible team that’s invested in their clients’ success.

We’re a manufacturer of terpenes for sale into the cannabis industry. Terpenes are a biomedical compound produced by over 20,000 plants in nature, one of which is cannabis. I’m the sales and business development manager.

What challenge were you trying to address with blue/meta?

We were looking for local, open-minded, non-discriminating digital marketing to help us with some very short-term objectives.

They provided digital design, website enhancement, and a trade show digital strategy and execution. They’re currently working with us to build our SEO potential and increase our online sales through e-commerce.

We’ve worked with up to four members of their team.

How did you come to work with blue/meta?

I did some research and came upon blue/meta and chose them among a pool of candidates. I liked their portfolio, their approach, and their willingness to work with such a new sector like ours.

We’ve invested $7,000 – $8,000 so far.

We began working together in November 2019, and our engagement is ongoing.

They’ve helped generate more revenue, and they’ve been extremely flexible with the way the market has changed due to COVID-19. We’ve received incredibly positive feedback on our website and they were instrumental in delivering on time and on budget.

They’re genuinely interested in our business. They’re always eager and available to contribute.

They could maintain their attention to detail going forward.

My advice is to put it all on the table. Trust that they can pick and choose where strategies will take off from, but make sure they’re fully integrated. Don’t try to box them into a corner.

Bronze