NYC designers, developers & marketers of apps

Blue Label Labs is a product creation agency. We are a 64-person team of mobile, tablet, watch, TV, IoT, AR/VR and web app designers, developers and marketers based in New York City, Seattle and San Francisco.

Over the last 9 years, we have partnered with enterprises, entrepreneurs and digital/full-service agencies to build over 250 apps for a diverse set of devices.

We can help with everything from initial design and development through marketing/PR and post-launch maintenance.

Check-out our www.bluelabellabs.com to learn more about our team and past work.

Feel free to contact us at [email protected] to discuss how we can help!

New York, NY
  • 175 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10014
  • 8201 164th Street, Suite 200
    Readmond, WA 98052
  • 655 Montgomery St, 7th Fl
    San Francisco, CA 94111

Hello Sitter - An iOS app to help parents find babysitters on-demand

Hello Sitter was envisioned to provide an “Uber”-like experience that took the stress out of finding quality childcare. Whether it was a last minute meeting or a much needed date night, Hello Sitter wanted to create a seamless experience that made scheduling babysitting as frictionless and easy as it is to arrange for a pickup from a car sharing service. In selecting Blue Label Labs as their mobile app design and development partner, Hello Sitter looked to Blue Label to not only design a mobile app that brought their vision to life but also to build, test and deploy the product so that it was ready for a Spring 2016 launch.

Check-out the full Hello Sitter Case Study here: https://www.bluelabellabs.com/portfolio/hello-sitter/

Magic Money - A set of iOS, Android and Clover apps that are leading the cashless revolution with NFC-powered events and fairs

Magic Money is a comprehensive RFID technology-backed system that facilitates a guests’ experience from event parking and entrance to purchasing food, playing games, and choosing rides.

After only 6 months Magic Money demonstrated its revolutionary potential as virtual currency that handled all ticketing, gaming, and concessions the Miami fair earning accolades from guests and carnival operators alike. With over 150 rides and four million visitors successfully scanned, the success of Magic Money at the Miami fair demonstrated that the Magic Money team was poised for incredible business growth with this RFID technology-backed product.

Check-out the full case study here: https://www.bluelabellabs.com/portfolio/magic-money/

El Dorado - A set of iOS & Android apps to help visitors navigate the El Dorado Airport in Bogotá, Colombia

In 2015, El Dorado International Airport in Bogotá, Colombia approached Blue Label Labs to design and develop a set of iOS and Android apps for visitors to the 44th busiest airport in the world.

The airport began the project with the desire to build an eye-catching app that not only made it easy for visitors to travel through the airport and monitor their flight status, but also served to showcase the variety of vendors and service providers available within the Airport.

Check-out the full case study here: https://www.bluelabellabs.com/portfolio/el-dorado/

App Development for Insurance Brokerage Firm

"Blue Label came in on time and under budget .... Their team is top notch."

Blue Label Labs developed an accident reporting app for both the Android and iOS platforms, allowing users to more efficiently provide the client with required information.

Philadelphia Metro Area
CTO, Insurance Brokerage Firm

Blue Label Labs' project management communicated with the client effectively, ultimately providing them with a quality product that has streamlined their claim process. The client looks forward to working with Blue Label Labs again on future projects.

My company is an insurance brokerage firm. We insure fleets of vehicles whether they be school buses, oil tankers, etc.

I’m the Chief Technology Officer.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Blue Label Labs?

We were giving our clients a paper trifold of information that they would have to collect in the event of an accident so that we could handle the claim. We were looking to make that electronic, and since everybody has cell phones today, we thought about making it an app. I started a process of looking for someone who could help us develop an app and get it in the app stores for our clients’ use.

Blue Label delivered an Android and Apple app. The app is an accident reporting app.

How did you come to work with Blue Label Labs?

I was new to the app development world. I had never developed one. I started researching who to go to on Google and asking colleagues. They recommended me to some places. Every place that I went to basically told me that the cost for the app would be way too expensive for the app we were going to get. One of the companies that I talked with was very helpful. They recommended Blue Label Labs. They said this company would fit my needs more. I reached out to Blue Label and we hit it off.

Our project fell between $10,000 and $20,000.

One of the issues we were experiencing with the trifold was that it was just a piece of paper with all the questions. The users would write down the information, and you can imagine that some people’s handwriting is very atrocious, and we would get it via mail. Our new process is all digital, takes all the information into the app, and electronically sends it in PDF form to my claims team. Now, because of the app, we’re getting the claim information much quicker and legible with all the required fields filled out.

What distinguishes Blue Label Labs from other providers?

The thing that stuck out to me about Blue Label Labs is when we negotiated the project, they said it was going to be done by a certain date. To be able to do that do that, their project management team kept reminding me to keep my side of the agreement as far as delivering all the information they needed from me. That effort kept the project online and I really appreciated that. Blue Label came in on time and under budget, and I believe we got the app two weeks ahead of schedule. Their team is top notch.

There were slight adjustments that we needed after the project was officially completely, and I figured I’d have to reengage them, but they just took care of them at no cost which was really nice. We still maintain communication because there are going to be some future projects we’re going to work on with Blue Label. They were very good.

Is there anything Blue Label Labs could have improved or done differently?

I didn’t have any issues at all. They were very helpful.

I’ve already done it.

App Development for On-demand Cosmetic Services Company

"[Blue Label Labs] add a lot of value that you're not paying for."

Blue Label Labs developed a scheduling app for the iOS platform to streamline the client's operations.

New York Metro Area
CEO, On-demand Cosmetic Services Company

The client has been able to create a whole new company around the app and is very impressed with its scalability. They note Blue Label Labs’ communication, responsiveness, and guidance as key factors in the project’s success.

We are a beauty company that provides on-demand hair and makeup services in the New York and Los Angeles area.

I'm the CEO.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Blue Label Labs?

We were looking to streamline our logistics and operations process by using an app to facilitate scheduling of our artists.

Our app is currently on iOS only.

How did you come to work with Blue Label Labs?

I was considering Blue Label Labs and a few others. I went with them because of a very strong recommendation from an SEO [search engine optimization] expert that I trusted. He told me the top app development companies that he had worked with. Blue Label was the best value for the quality.

This project is in the range of $50,000 to $200,000.

Before we launched the app, I went to investors to get their feedback to raise money to launch the app with my company, and the feedback was so strong that they just wanted to invest in the app technology.

Now, I've created a whole new company around just that app technology. The extra knowledge and skills that Blue Label Labs lent to me in coaching me and guiding me through the app process was invaluable. We were able to get to a place that was much bigger than I had expected, and now we have such a scalable product, and will be able to scale our offering around the base of this technology.

What distinguishes Blue Label Labs from other providers?

Blue Label Labs is very responsive. If you send an email, you get a response back in the next five to 10 minutes. The customer service is great. Their business development team is amazing. They're smart. They know a lot and they can figure things out. They add a lot of value that you're not paying for.

Is there anything Blue Label Labs could have improved or done differently?

There's a lot of underlying cost not associated directly with their development of the app. There's a lot of ancillary costs like Apple fees and things like that that could have been more transparent because that can drive up the cost of an app.

They were ahead of most deadlines.
    I've referred them already.

Mobile App Development for Sports Fan Platform

"We would not have built as great of an app without [Blue Label's] services."

Blue Label provided end-to-end development services for a mobile app. The project also included video streaming, Amazon Web services, and quality testing.

New York Metro Area
Paul Rosa
Cofounder, Sploops App (Social Platform for Sports Fans)

Blue Label has successfully launched two versions of the app. The second version has had almost 2,000 downloads in two months, and has received excellent feedback.

I am the co-founder of the Sploops app, a new sports conversation app for fans.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Blue Label Labs?

We had a partner do some preliminary design work for us, but we needed a separate company to build the app itself.

Blue Label essentially built our app from the ground up, all the way through to our first launch in November. We used them for everything, including front-end and back-end development, video streaming, integrating Amazon Web Services, and quality testing.

How did you come to work with Blue Label Labs?

They were referred to us through a partner, which we're very happy about because we would not have built as great of an app without their services. Blue Label made the process very simple and easy. It was a great experience for sure.

The cost falls between $50,000 and $200,000.

The first launch of the app was in November 2015 and the second launch was March of this year [2016]. We work with them on an ongoing basis. When we have ideas for the app, we'll pitch it to them, and they'll come back to us with a plan for us to approve before they start working.

Since the first version was launched in the App Store, we've seen nothing but positive reviews. It's been excellent. Since the second version was released on March 8, we've had almost 2,000 downloads [in approximately two months], which we're also very excited about. The feedback from customers and users has been overall positive. We built an app that has a very smooth navigation, clean interface, and well-functioning technology. Blue Label did an excellent job.

How did Blue Label Labs perform from a project management standpoint?

Blue Label performed very well. If we wanted to add more features to the app, we would have a general phone call with either our project manager or one of the two co-founders, Jordan [Gurrieri] or Bobby [Gill]. They were very clear with us throughout the whole process. They provided a timetable and pricing for every project, which is very important for the client.

The testing cycle was very easy as well. We were able to go back and forth with questions and suggestions for our project manager on a daily basis. At the end of the process, Blue Label would make sure that we were satisfied with the outcome and everything was buttoned up, and then we would get a bill that we could pay through PayPal. It was all a very smooth process.

What distinguishes Blue Label Labs from other providers?

Blue Label gave us the freedom to be creative while also offering their input, which was a perfect mix for us. We were able to get their professional experience and opinion while also incorporating our ideas. Another thing they are excellent at is keeping you updated throughout the process. It's important for customer satisfaction to be reassured that things are working and moving along smoothly.

Their technical expertise is also something that really sets them apart. There was never a time that they couldn't do something that we suggested. We love being creative, so it was great for us that Blue Label was able to make anything possible. They told us that the sky is the limit, and they proved it. It was unbelievable working with them, and we are going to continue the relationship through the life of our app and any apps going forward.

Is there anything Blue Label Labs could have improved or done differently?

We haven't had any complaints through this entire process. There is nothing negative to say from our end. It was very smooth the entire way.

iOS App Development for BabyMed

"They understand what is going on, and they are extremely professional."

Blue Label Labs completely updated a medical advocacy company's older website and iOS app, taking responsibility for design elements and updating features as needed.

Dr. Amos Grunebaum
Founder, BabyMed

Reviews for the app were excellent, and Blue Label Labs was able to incorporate user suggestions to make it even better. The team greatly exceeded all expectations, and their fresh, independent thinking was a unique asset throughout the project.

Please describe your company.

We have a website that takes care of women who are trying to get pregnant. We use Blue Label to do the website for us.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I am the founder of the company. I am also a physician, the director of obstetrics at a hospital.

What was your goal for working with Blue Label Labs?

We previously had an app and showed it to Blue Label. We wanted to update and modernize it. Our schedule was to start with a basic app and add modules to it to make it grow. It is for iOS, iPhone.

The scope was to meet with Blue Label to give them the outline for the app. I gave them mathematical formulas and outlines on how to develop the app. They came up with some recommendations, which we discussed and implemented. Then, they designed the app from the bottom up.

What was your process for selecting Blue Label Labs to work with?

We looked online for a small-sized company that already had developed some apps, but not a huge company where I wouldn’t know whom I was talking to. I wanted to be able to talk to somebody in real time since we’re located in New York.

The project was performed in phases. The initial expense was in the $10,000 to $20,000 range. It was initially a small project, and when we added pieces, they charged us by the addition. It was very reasonable.

When was the latest milestone completed for that work?

The project is still ongoing. It’s a never-ending story. They completed the initial project in time. We started with putting the app in the App Store in October of 2013. They were done within the deadline, upgraded it, and we’ve continued to upgrade it with add ons.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

We received very good recommendations online, and the reviews were excellent. Blue Label were very receptive to reviews and made changes to improve it even more.

How did Blue Label Labs perform?

Blue Label performed beyond expectations. They are very smart. They understand what is going on, and they are extremely professional. They are professional beyond what I have seen in anybody else.

They are very smart, and they can come up with their own ideas. They think independently for people who do this kind of development. I’ve been doing this for more than 10 years. If I ask them to do something, and it won’t work, they will tell me before they do it. They are wonderful. They deserve any success that they can get and want.

Not at all. They’re as good as I want them to be.

They’re wonderful, and anybody who wants to do an app should be as lucky.

Design and Development for Social Networking App

"We're very happy with the work. The two teams worked very well together."

Sept. 2013 - Feb. 2014

Blue Label Labs designed and developed the front-end of a social network's core iOS app.

Co-Founder, Social Networking App

Blue Label Labs stood out from the competition because of their understanding of what the project was meant to achieve. They were highly professional and personally involved throughout the process, taking the initiative to fix problems as they arose.

Please describe your company.

We are a social network called Skycheckin Team. We used Blue Label Labs to do the frontend development.

I am the co-founder.

What was your goal for working with Blue Label Labs?

We briefed them on what we needed, and they gave us some screen shots of what the app could be. We continued talking about it until we found something we both agreed on. Our main concerns were how fast and efficient it would be.

My partner developed the whole backend that communicates with the app, and Blue Label developed the front end and the design of the app.

What was your process for selecting Blue Label Labs to work with?

It was random. I was looking for a company online and wanted someone who wasn’t too expensive or too cheap, either. Blue Label was in the middle, and I decided to contact them.

From the time we started the project until it was available on the App Store was about six months. We adapted some features, too. When they gave us the first shot of the app, we thought there were some options we should change. In terms of money, it was about $15,000.

When was the latest milestone completed for that work?

The soft launch was this week so February of 2014.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

Not yet. It's too early. We're very happy with the work. The two teams worked very well together.

How did they perform overall?

We're very satisfied. They understood our project and the purpose of our app. We met some other people who submitted proposals for the app, but they didn’t really get the feeling of what we wanted. They were very involved and fixed the bugs by themselves without us needing to tell them all the bugs. They gave us updated versions of the app, and they worked from that. It was very professional.

This was my first app, so I can’t compare them to other firms. We had a good relationship. We met the whole team and had a soft launch party. If we need to do more, we will go through them.

I would say the time frame could improve. We are happy the way it is, but perhaps it could have taken a month less overall.

iOS App for Mobile Startup

"I can’t say enough about how happy I was with Blue Label Labs."

Blue Label Labs designed and developed a holding company's iOS app for multiple versions. They will likely build an Android app in the future.

CEO, Mobile Startup

Blue Label Labs designed a functional, well-designed product that the internal team loved. They were professional and extremely helpful during the development process, offering insights on design, programming, and marketing. Their project management was also clear and organized.

Please describe your company.

Fest is a holding company that I incorporated several months ago. We have produced one app so far. We're an app startup.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I’m the founder and CEO of the company.

What was your goal for working with Blue Label Labs?

We were looking for the technical proficiency that we were lacking. We're mostly humanities- and business-based, but not as technically savvy. Blue Label Labs was great about the technical side. I had seen some of their previous work, and it seemed like it was compatible. I thought there were a lot of features that translated well into what I was trying to build. That held true throughout the process; they had a good grasp on the area and they were very insightful. I had a complicated vision going into the project, and they helped me simplify a lot of things, based on their experience in the field.

Which platform did you use to develop the platform?

The app was developed on iOS. We're in the process of talking about converting it for Android. If I do that, I think I'll go back and do it with Blue Label Labs since it's much easier.

In addition to app development, Blue Label Labs has been very helpful in support. I didn’t do any tech training through them. I’m taking classes right now. They were completely in charge of the design element, from creating the basic templates and logos for the business, which we're still using, to designing the app, the color scheme, and so on. We've been through several iterations, and they’ve been very helpful.

What was your process for selecting Blue Label Labs to work with?

My personal process is long and drawn out, looking for the right technical partner who can be supportive and insightful. I found them by going to a few tech startup meetings around the city. One day, I found a huge roster of people who were attending them, what their titles were, and so on. That’s how I found Blue Label Labs. I made a list and narrowed it down based on what they had done before in conversations that I had with them. They were the best, they were nearby, they were relatively well-priced, and they had good experience in the field.

The cost was between $10,000 and $20,000.

When was the latest milestone completed for that work?

The app was launched in late 2013, but we updated it a few times based on bug fixes. That work is ongoing, and they’ve been helpful about maintaining the app and fixing any problems that we’ve had with it. It's been great so far.

What were the results of the project?

I’m very happy with the outcome of the project and with the product itself. It's very clean, simple, and well designed. Functionally, it's very sound. I think they were very professional and helpful along the way. They offered a lot of insights about things I wouldn’t have seen myself from different perspectives from design, programming, marketing, across the board. They performed above and beyond. I can’t say enough about how happy I was with Blue Label Labs.

I was especially impressed with how their people on the technical side of things are normally personality-deficient. Their group was definitely the opposite. My project manager was very outgoing, easy to talk to, very responsive in terms of email, communication, and text messaging. That sealed the deal since he was someone that I could talk to who could talk to me beyond the technical issues.

There were some normal time issues, and there were additional costs, which always happens, so I can’t hold that against them. Most of that was my doing or hesitancy.

I have in the past, and I will in the future.