Full-Service Marketing Agency for B2B

The BayCreative team offers in-depth, collaborative support to develop and execute effective digital/web marketing, inbound marketing, lead generation, brand awareness-building, new product/service launch and sales/channel enablement strategies that can fuel your company's growth.

As a full-service B2B marketing agency, BayCreative delivers value to growing businesses by providing a "marketing department-in-a-box." Think of us as a single source that would serve as your virtual Marketing department (or an extension of your existing team.) Inside this box you find all the best practices we've learned from 20 years of providing marketing/creative/branding support for hundreds of clients .... and you'll get access to our talented writers, designers, technical web/mobile/email developers, videographers, branding experts, lead generators, SEO and Pay-Per-Click campaign specialists, illustrators and more!  We'd like to do the same for your company.

1997
San Francisco, CA
  • 400 Brannan Street #207
    San Francisco, CA 94107

Cisco, Salesforce, ServiceNow, Docker, Twitter, McKesson, Fujitsu, Motorola Mobility, Intel, Oracle, Stanford, Macworld, CBS Interactive, Flextronics, Google, Philips and hundreds of SMBs and start-ups. The BayCreative service/capability portolio is at: http://www.baycreative.com/portfolio

Traditional and Digital Advertising for Real Estate Firm

"They understand the people they’re working with and what their needs are."

Sept. 2014 - Ongoing

BayCreative updated a brand, marketing strategy, and communications program for residential and commercial real estate services. After a thorough evaluation, the team delivered traditional and digital services.

Pleasanton, California
General Manager, Hacienda

Recent campaigns have generated new leads and have been well-received by target audiences. BayCreative presents a broad range of initiatives and focuses on the highest return on investment. Although they miss some deadlines, the team is talented and provides quality work.

We are a management company for a large real estate development in North Pleasanton, California. It’s a mixed-use development that includes retail and residential properties.

What challenge were you trying to address with BayCreative?

We wanted to update a number of things, including our branding, overall marketing strategy, and communications program.

It had been some time since we updated any of those items, so we engaged BayCreative for a full range of marketing communications services. The first thing they worked on was a comprehensive evaluation of our brand, out of which came a number of recommendations. That was also combined with a communications exercise—looking at our current resources, techniques, frequency, and channels. Afterward, they made suggestions on how to augment those. A number of special projects came out of that evaluation, which ranged from traditional marketing pieces to things I would characterize as place-making elements. BayCreative also gave recommendations for the different thematic programs incorporated into the design of the project. Their work involved both strategic and design input.

Then, BayCreative updated our logo and the other imagery we use for our development. They created a brand book for us, which is a complete style guide on the presentation of our brand and how to use it. This includes everything from writing style and fonts to the new logo. The brand book also has usage guidelines for print and other types of publications. This even extended to our website, creating consistency in the presentation of different elements on that site.

They also evaluated our website and helped improve the layout, page design, and presentation of information. BayCreative did the creative work on a number of interesting video case studies we’ve employed on our website. They interviewed and filmed various representatives who spoke on behalf of our project and then used those pieces in a variety of ways. They also developed an AdWords campaign for us, which we’re currently using both as lead generation and tying in some elements with components of our site. We also had them produce a new brochure for us. They designed new collateral for our office, which we’re in the process of implementing. They’ve also designed some specialty pieces as inserts in local business publications.

How did you come to work with BayCreative?

We put out a request for proposal for services and interviewed several firms. BayCreative rose to the top for a couple of reasons. One of their principals previously worked for a company that had been in our development and was familiar with the location. That person had some familiarity with our project and had done a lot of tech marketing work. Another thing we found particularly appealing was that they had a good grasp of the mix of businesses we have and the type of place we are. Their skillset seemed very well-suited to our location. I was also impressed with the samples of other campaigns they presented.

How much have you invested with BayCreative?

We’re in the range of $200,000 to $1 million.

The first contract with them was in September of 2014, and the work is ongoing.

I don’t have specific metrics. However, the AdWords campaign has had some success. We have new lead generation from that, and it has definitely produced results. We’ve gotten very favorable responses from the smaller campaigns and initiatives they put forward. For example, they redesigned the signage we use in the park, and that new design has been incredibly well-received. From a place-making standpoint, that’s been really good.

We’ve also gotten wonderful feedback on the printed materials they produced for us, as well as the case study videos. Our board members are uniformly impressed with BayCreative’s creativity, thoughtfulness, and the analysis they used. They presented a very broad range of initiatives to consider and pointed out the areas where they thought we would get the most value for our investment. That type of approach has been greatly appreciated by our board.

How did BayCreative perform from a project management standpoint?

There were a couple hiccups here and there, but generally, the project management was very good. The team has brought talent to the project. They use a wide range of resources, and their people are all high-caliber. A couple of deadlines were missed, which was a little problematic, but they’ve done very well for the most part.

What did you find most impressive about BayCreative?

They’ve done incredibly well in bringing creativity and inspiration to our project. Also, they understand the people they’re working with and what their needs are. They understand the current environment, where there’s opportunity for change, and the limitations that might exist. They’ve worked well within those constraints.

Are there any areas BayCreative could improve?

Sometimes, it would have been helpful to have more adherence to contracting procedures, making sure paperwork is in place and that sort of thing. That’s minor in the overall scheme of things.

There were a couple of missed deadlines.
    I’m very impressed with the value we’ve gotten for the investment.
    The key things I focus on are their innovation, general talent, and the inspiration they bring to marketing and communications work. I think they do very well there.
    I would highly recommend them to others.

Marketing Campaign for New Collaborative Software Product

"They lent a level of professionalism to our messaging, our collateral, and our training that we wouldn’t have had."

BayCreative managed the messaging and production for a series of training videos for a new product. They translated the idea into a reality and developed the graphics at the core of the project.

San Francisco Bay Area
Product Manager, Global Software Firm

BayCreative really understood the project, which helped them deliver highly professional messaging. The training videos have exceeded sales goals. Every member of the team prioritized the project as though it was their own; they were available 24/7.

Please describe your company.

We're an American multinational technology firm headquartered in San Jose, California.

What is your role and responsibilities, please?

I’m a senior manager of business operations in our Raleigh North Carolina office, but when I was working with Bay Creative, I was a senior manager in our public service product management organization.

What was your goal for working with BayCreative?

We were working on a very tight timeline for a new product offering that typically would have taken about two years to develop. We had to do it in one. We needed to work with a vendor that could match us in ridiculously tight timeframes to market the product, and figure out how to market the product as we were constantly building and changing it. They had to be as committed as we were.

It started with helping us around messaging and collateral, and then moved into building some professional training videos for the product.

One thing, in particular, they assisted with was the messaging around a certain aspect of the product we called the ‘dynamic and continuous cycle of improvement of delivering services’. I spent a lot of time internally with people, coming up with that concept, but it was BayCreative who helped us figure out how to get that concept into some graphics that we could build all of our product training around.

What was the timeline of the project?

I think we first brought them in at the end of March or beginning of April, and then we went GA [general availability] the following January.

What was your process for selecting BayCreative?

My marketing manager had worked with them before on some smaller projects. When I met them, and shared with them what a challenge it was going to be, they promised me they were up to the challenge – and they were.

What were the results of the project?

We really demanded a lot of them, and they never let us down. Everything from assisting when we were trying to build our training program for the product, and at the beginning when we were trying to get our messaging around the new offering.

It was a brand new concept, and BayCreative grasped what we were trying to do and translated it into amazing marketing really quickly. They lent a level of professionalism to our messaging, our collateral, and our training that we wouldn’t have had. They’re amazing. As a matter of fact, we’re got some people in Australia who are trying to do a project, and I told them it would be worth it for them to work with BayCreative even with the time zone difference.

Do you have any stats or metrics on the project?

We launched on time. The training videos, they helped us build currently have over 2,000 views, which is pretty significant. This particular new offering is directed at our top tier customers. I don’t think I can't give you specific sales numbers, other than to say we’re meeting our internal goals on converting existing customers, and selling to new ones.

Is there anything unique or special about BayCreative that really makes them stand out?

The things I just loved about them, from the president down, they were always available, and they heard me when I said, ‘These are the deadlines.’ Due to the timeline, my whole team didn’t take their Christmas break, and neither did Bay Creative. The thing I can’t stress enough is that my priorities became BayCreative's priorities. They were as committed as me, and I’ve never worked with a vendor like that before.

Not really, and that’s unusual for me. If there was ever a bump in the road, they were available for a phone call. We were able to course correct within 24 hours on anything.

There were no surprises there.
    In a heartbeat.

Re-brand for Software Development Firm

"The talent of their people is first-class."

2012 - 2013

BayCreative designed materials for a software company’s rebranding campaign. Elements included collateral templates, PowerPoint templates, content creation, and a complete website overhaul.

San Francisco Bay Area
Former VP of Marketing, Software Development Firm

BayCreative combined strategy, creativity, and originality to great effect: web traffic increased by 200%, the sales cycle decreased by 20%, and the overall feel of the company has greatly improved. The team’s deep well of talent really achieved the new professional aesthetic.

Please describe your company.

I've recently transitioned to a new company, but I worked extensively with BayCreative at my previous company. We were a software company based in the San Francisco Bay area, our main products were designed for the supplier information management space.

What is your role and responsibilities, please?

I was vice president of marketing. My responsibilities covered all the things you might think of in marketing in terms of demand generation, PR and AR, messaging, website management etc. Pretty much the face we put onto the world, as well as how we fill the sales pipeline.

What was your goal for working with BayCreative?

I reached out to Scott and BayCreative when our firm went through an identity crisis of sorts, and we decided we wanted to rebrand the company.

They helped us redesign all our forward-facing marketing materials. This included building all our collateral templates, PowerPoint templates, and content creation especially in the area of customer success stories. The most significant aspect of their work was a full redesign of our website.

What was your process for selecting BayCreative to work with?

I had worked with Scott [Danish, President of BayCreative] several years ago when he was at a different company. When it came time for this project, he was obviously in my mind, but I also took a look at several of the other agencies in the Bay area. What I found was that BayCreative brought the right combination of creative process and execution. So a lot of the firms I talked to were really strong in one or the other, but I felt Bay Creative brought both to the table.

In total, we probably spent between $70,000 and $100,000 with them, with the majority of that going to the website redesign.

What was the timeline of that engagement?

Our timeline was fairly relaxed. In total, it was probably around a year between 2012 and 2013.

Do you have any stats, or metrics, or general feedback to show the success of the project?

The results of the project were great. We were able to have a public-facing presence that made us look like a much larger company than we were. Since our target market was the Fortune 500, that was very important to us. It allowed us to align both the look and feel of our website and the content, and the actual value propositions that I worked with BayCreative on crafting, to resonate with that target market, and to help us increase our growth not only in our pipeline but in closed deals.

We were able to increase our site traffic by over 200% in the first year. It's hard to measure, but I would say that the improved sales collateral and customer success stories they developed, helped us shorten the sales cycle by probably 20%.

BayCreative really helped us in terms of being able to take the ideas and the directions that I had about the company, and combine those with some solid creativity and out-of-the-box thinking in terms of how we might present those ideas and build them into the overall look and feel of the company. Also, the talent of their people is first-class.

I can't think of any areas of improvement, and I think that’s bolstered by the fact that I’m planning to engage with BayCreative at my new company as well. I’ve been very happy with my work with BayCreative.