Get comfortable being BAD.

Let's be honest, if your marketing isn't Bold-And-Disruptive, it's bad. Just not our kind of BAD.

Bartley & Dick, is the creative agency for ambitious brands. We create disruptive communications through collaborative insights, award-winning creative and (some would say) insane diligence. It’s our singular focus, and it has led to remarkable results for our clients.

Get in touch if you're seeking to:

• Build a bold new brand
  • Enhance an established brand
  • Launch disruptive communications

How we do it:

Uncover Guiding Truths

In discovery, we make your objectives our own and dig deeper to uncover the most valuable insights held by your stakeholders and customers. These brand-truths are used to guide our solutions.

Claim Your Narrative

Through our creative process, we develop a bold and distinctive position for your brand to own with your target audience, it's a process we call 'claiming your narrative'.

Activate Audiences

As we execute disruptive tactics to earn engagement, we iterate along the way to build your brand at every step.

Our clients are edgy, tenacious and pretty BAD themselves, here's a sample:

• AMC Networks

• Ingredion

• The Jackie Robinson Foundation

• WE Worldwide

• and many more

When you work with us, you'll be in good company... we also like to have a little fun, too.

1999
New York, NY
  • 330 West 38th Street, Suite 1401
    New York, NY 10018

AMC Networks, BBC News, BBC America, Timberland, NYU, The College of Saint Rose, Barlean's, International Delights, Ingredion, The Jackie Robinson Foundation, The John Lennon Tribute, Clearwater Festival, WE Worldwide

BBC News: An antidote to sensationalism. Image

BBC News: An antidote to sensationalism.

Separating fact from fiction to make headlines.

How do Americans like their news? If you judge by the mainstream, with a hefty dose of sensationalism. It’s a tough environment in which to find serious news viewers, so BBC needed a campaign that cut through all the noise, and placed it on the high ground among American news networks.

With a graphically minimal, headline-driven approach, we created

a campaign that spoke for its network. The ads told the real story, taking a hard line (literally) against sensationalism or scandal. Excess was edited out. “Nonsense” was transformed into “Sense.” And BBC became the network with the acuity and attitude to know the difference.
BBC America: Top Gear Launch Campaign Image

BBC America: Top Gear Launch Campaign

Launching the world's top automotive show to reach new audiences in America.

Top Gear was watched in more countries in the world than any other factual TV show, but bringing it to new audiences in the U.S. took some skillful maneuvering. The biggest obstacle? Convincing viewers the show was for gearheads and non-enthusiasts alike.

With an image tune-up, getting the

inside track.

On its surface, Top Gear was obviously about cars, but to tap into its mass appeal, we had to look under the hood, at what really powered the show: humor. In a visually striking campaign, quirky closeups of the show’s hosts were integrated with car parts—headlights for eyes, a tire-tread toupee—to give the show a feel that was as much stand-up as take-the-wheel.

At the finish line, it was a drive-away hit.

Seeking higher student enrollment? Start with your brand. Image

Seeking higher student enrollment? Start with your brand.

The College of Saint Rose might be the most remarkable college that you may not know about.

Unless you're from upstate New York, the school is likely off your radar, despite an incredibly broad, current curriculum and some serious cred (incl. a 96% job placement rate).

With a powerful brand behind the college's bold revival plans, B&D helped Saint Rose achieve their top grade yet: hitting

their heighest new student enrollment numbers in the college's 100 year history

A complete reimagining of the brand required serious research, learning from current and former students, faculty and staff, the Board and the public.

B&D designed a fresh new look and feel—advertising, collateral, web and more.

Bright, active imagery supported new, double-meaning messaging: “HOME. OF BIG IDEAS” or, “HOME. OF REAL-WORLD RESULTS” paired with solid statistics to convey both the at-home feeling of the school and its ability to shape futures. The message was clear: “There’s no place like Saint Rose.”

Introducing a new healthy food trend.

Food innovation begins with the right ingredients.

Ingredion is the leading food ingredient company behind your favorite consumer foods. As a B2B company, they keep a low profile with consumers so that their brand partners can shine. However, with 10,000+ employees around the world, their global know-how and food science expertise is a real competitive advantage. They help major food brands get ahead of

what's next in the market for healthy, nutritious and affordable foods that taste great, too.

So what's next in healthy eating?

As Baby Boomers and Gen X'ers grow older, digestive wellness has become a hot topic in the world of food science. Researchers at Monash University in Australia pioneered a new field in digestive health called the Low FODMAP Diet. With product launches doubling and tripling in key markets around the world, Ingredion conducted a proprietary study in the U.S. and quickly identified that this new diet has the potential to match the growth of similar food trends such as the gluten-free movement.

They then asked B&D to help take their newly certified ingredient products to market and help make the case for an incredible growth opportunity.

B&D Solution:

• Strategy
  • Storyboarding & Scriptwriting
  • Voice over direction & editing
  • Found the perfect music tracks, distinctive, light, enjoyable.
  • Animated 2x explainer videos using a combination of 2D and frame-by-frame illustration techniques
  • Cut down 3x short 30s videos for Linkedin promotions
  • Created a two-page sell sheet to help Ingredion's global teams take the solution to market

Want to Draw a Crowd in the Age of Social Distancing? Image

Want to Draw a Crowd in the Age of Social Distancing?

The annual Jackie Robinson Day celebration would have reached hundreds of thousands at ballparks in 2020...

COVID-19 made that impossible, but true to Jackie’s own indomitable spirit, this year’s event persevered to reach millions of fans around the country (over 2 million on April 15th, 2020).

The Jackie Robinson Foundation decided to replace their traditionally "live"

education events with an online digital experience.

Two weeks to design and launch a new e-learning hub.

We didn’t blink. Projects like these take a good client-agency relationship to start and then make it even better through a little sweat-equity. The Jackie Robinson Foundation led by example as one hell of a teammate, and so with a handful of twilight design, coding and editing sessions—we made it happen in two 7-day sprints.

The result is a shiny new website, JRLegacy.org

A delectable brand crafted from artistry. Image

A delectable brand crafted from artistry.

Talk about dough rising.

Pastry maker International Delights had risen from a small bakery in Greenwich Village to the leading pastry service provider in the New York region.

From two ovens had emerged five distinct brands—each as delicious and meticulously crafted as the last.

Inspired by their artisan creators, B&D crafted five distinct

brands:
  • International Delights (Master Brand),
  • iDelights (New York's Leading Fresh-Baked Line),
  • Oven Delights (Perfection Packaged Pastries),
  • Delices & Co. (Premium Line of Authentic Artisen Pastries)

Délices & Co. It’s the crème de la crème of International Delights’ pastry lines—fresh baked, entirely artisan, purely posh. It needed a brand update as sophisticated and old world-evocative as they come.

The French have a way of creating, whether in baking or design: eloquence that feels accessible; excess that feels like just enough. In a tastefully ornate identity—one that figuratively and literally evoked the chalkboard sign outside a bygone patisserie—we captured that essence.

If you live in New York City, we'd bet a croissantthat you've sunk your teath into one their delicious pastries. If you havent, we'd be happy to bring you something tasty at our first meeting!

Branding & Design for Communication Agency's Clients

“Their level of commitment and dedication is stupendous.”

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

Bartley & Dick Brand Communications has assisted a large marketing communications firm with their creative strategy and production. They’ve taken on projects of all sizes to help them deliver for their clients.

1,001-5,000 Employees

Bellevue, Washington
Rob Wilson
SVP of Content Strategy, Public Relations Firm

Bartley & Dick Brand Communications has become an invaluable partner by way of their consistently high-quality output. Thanks to their amazingly creative approach, streamlined workflow, and proficiency in brand-building, the client can absolutely trust them to deliver on any kind of project.

I’m the senior VP of content strategy at a Seattle-based communications and integrated marketing firm. I oversee all things content strategy and content production. In addition to our core client, Microsoft, we have a broader suite of tech clients in the enterprise space.

We work with clients to understand what types of content and assets they need, how to use them, and when to retire them. We also focus on producing those assets in accordance with whatever brand standard we’re working with.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bartley & Dick Brand Communications?

We've relied on them as our creative strategy and production partners.

Their work has taken different shapes and sizes over the course of our work together. They essentially provide creative strategy and production scale to our team at WE.

Their scope of work has included PowerPoint decks and field material, brand positioning, and product conditioning. They’ve also helped us with intricate and large-scale content production for Microsoft’s written materials. Helping produce works that can be over 200 pages long, their team takes the copy and turns it into something that’s designed for our reader’s experience.

We also rely on them for interactive graphics, website builds with both front- and backend development work, and email newsletter development. They basically offer a full suite of creative; the level of their strategic direction that we need varies depending on the project we give them.

I’m typically engaged with one point of contact, but I’ve broadly worked with most people on their team.

How did you come to work with Bartley & Dick Brand Communications?

I worked with Scott (Partner & Creative Director) and Rick (Partner & Design Director) in my previous role at BBC. My old boss at BBC had been working with them for experiential activations in New York City — subway takeovers and Times Square table takeovers for the promotion of BBC America shows. I was overseeing some of that work, which served as my introduction to them.

My gut would be that we’ve spent between $1.5–2 million dollars with them over the course of the last four years.

We’ve been working together at my current role since January 2016, and it’s very much an ongoing relationship.

In terms of hard metrics (with work especially tied to performance marketing) they’ve produced excellent results and numbers. My biggest benchmark, though, is whether my clients have been happy with what they’re producing. They’ve been amazingly consistent in keeping them satisfied, which is why I rely on them so frequently.

I can absolutely trust them with any project that is handed to us. I’ve never worried about their capacity or their capacity to exceed expectations around what I’m looking to do.

How did Bartley & Dick Brand Communications perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve developed a rhythmic workflow in collaborating with us. They set clear expectations, and I know that when they commit to a timeline, they’re going to show up for it. I don’t put too much thought into their project management, indicating how much they allow me to focus on the creative output they’re producing.

Their level of commitment and dedication is stupendous. I’ve worked with them hand-in-glove as though they’re my own team. I’d recommend them to pretty much anybody looking to get started on creative development.

I’d love to see them continue to grow so that we can engage them even more. That being said, I’ve never been concerned about the size of their resources. I’m just hopeful about their continued success.

Communicate your goals at a very high level, and they’ll be able to translate those needs into a unique, actionable solution.

Internal & External Branding Projects for TV Network

“Everyone from our executive team and president to my industry peers have raved about the quality of the creative.”

Sept. 2012 - Ongoing

For nearly a decade, Bartley & Dick Brand Communications has provided graphic design and creative support for corporate assets. They work on a project-by-project basis, creating logos, print ads, and more.

1,001-5,000 Employees

Lauren Cassidy
Creative Director, AMC Networks

Bartley & Dick Brand Communications’ graphic direction and high-quality materials have help cement the company’s brand as a creative leader in the media industry. They’re a well-organized team, meeting their benchmarks consistently and working well within strict deadlines.

I’m the VP an creative director in the corporate marketing department of AMC Networks. In my role, I handle a lot of the creative as it pertains to the corporate aspects of our parent company.

Bartley & Dick collaborates with us to produce creative assets for our corporate brand. Their focus is on graphic design and print.

I’ve worked on hundreds of projects with Bartley & Dick — anything and everything, from logo design and print to journal ads and corporate presentations for top executives. They’ve even helped design the actual gifts that our CEO gives to our leadership team.

They’re my go-to partner for our creative projects. It always starts off with a kick-off meeting where they’ll ask the right questions about what we’re looking for. From there, we come up with a production timeline and start the work.

It’s a collaborative creative process. They’ll present ideas, I’ll give feedback, then they’ll incorporate it into new ideas. It’s all pretty seamless because they’re able to take direction really well. We build on each other’s ideas, so it always comes out great.

Scott (Creative Director & Partner) is my lead. When he’s not available, I’ll work with Rick (Design Director & Partner) who is equally fantastic. The two of them are talented and provide excellent client services.

Beyond that, they’ve also introduced me to connections depending on the project. For example, if I need photographers for something, they’ll introduce me to great people. Their printing partners are also great.

How did you come to work with Bartley & Dick Brand Communications?

They used to work with one of the other creative directors at our company who suggested that I use them. I saw that they’d done work for several organizations in different sectors, and all of it was really great.

I can’t think of a hard number, but it’s been upwards of $250,000–$500,000 if not more.

We started working with them since September 2012 and still do.

They’re fantastic in every way. The work is top-notch, and the team has an amazing work ethic. Everyone from our executive team and president to my industry peers have raved about the quality of the creative. AMC Networks now has a reputation for putting out the best creative for industry events, and it’s widely known to be true.

It’s hard to answer this question because each project has its own requirements and timeline. Generally speaking, they’re able to work within very tight deadlines. The team hits all of their benchmarks and stays organized and buttoned-up.

We had a project years ago that involved creating logos for a company that we wanted to partner with. They were able to run with our brief, producing 20 options to choose from within 24 hours. Any of them could’ve been the one — they were that great.

Sometimes, we’ll work late nights to meet the delivery date, and I’ll receive revisions within an hour. My point is that they always give 150% to every project.

There’s no project that they can’t do. If they haven’t done something yet, they’ll research the process and find the right vendors to bring on. And, they collaborate with such ease and grace. It’s their personability — they’re the most pleasant people to work with.

No, they’re the best.

Go for it, and you won’t be disappointed.