Creating innovative products for professionals.

Gold

Our mission is to collaborate with organizations to create innovative products that help professionals work better.

Atmosphere integrates your content with our proven technology, creating an individualized experience for your audience. We combined over a decade of mobile development experience and designed a powerful mobile framework. Atmosphere's proven framework allows us to quickly build mobile apps on top of a reliable, well-tested code base. You can rest assured our team of mobile experts will design, develop, and maintain your mobile app - we will bring your app to market on time and within budget.

2001
Gainesville, FL
  • 747 Southwest 2nd Avenue, #40
    Gainesville, FL 32601

BioPlus Specialty Pharmacy Florida Museum of Natural History Jones & Bartlett Learning Haymarket Media Konica Minolta Rienzi & Rienzi University of Florida Zimmer Biomet

myFOSSIL - Social Paleontology  Image

Nurse's Drug Handbook

Konica Minolta - KoMpass Image

Konica Minolta - KoMpass

App Development for Digital Equipment Firm

"They’re tremendous. I highly recommend Atmosphere Apps."

Atmosphere Apps helped a digital equipment provider in creating a tablet and mobile app to facilitate sales cooperation during a merger. The app featured content, FAQ, and messaging capabilities.

Tim Kearns
Senior Product Manager, Konica Minolta

The application has gotten great feedback and staff are excited about the tool. Atmosphere Apps is a great partner. They offer reasonable prices and create flexible platforms that meet all requirements and that are responsive and creative.

Konica Minolta is a global company that offers a lot of things. We sell digital equipment as well as ultrasound and healthcare information technology that includes software to support radiology and other practices in terms of capturing images, storing images and managing patient data, and registration data.

I’m a Senior Product Manager in Healthcare IT, specifically, I’m in the imaging division.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Atmosphere Apps?

We acquired a company called Viztek last year and that’s where we got our healthcare IT platform. One of the reasons for the acquisition was to grow the company. That platform offered an additional sales channel and we wanted a way to leverage synergies with our existing sales channel at the time, which is used to sell radiology equipment to then generate leads for the platform.

It’s the same market but it’s a different sales process and timeframe. We needed to bring two sales teams together to collaborate. We went to Atmosphere Apps to create an app for tablet and phone devices to facilitate that collaboration. We wanted iOS and Android and both phone and tablet form factors.

There are multiple modules but four basic areas within the app. The first are the probing questions. For our sales team members who aren’t experienced selling the equipment, they are provided a whole set of questions to ask the buyer. The next category is the ability to show content like brochures and PowerPoint presentations so our sales reps are able to engage the potential buyer. It’s nice to have it on a smaller device. The third functionality category is the ability to send information. Reps can email the brochure and presentation directly to the people that they just showed it to. The fourth is the ability to share the lead’s contact information with the marketing and sales team so that we can continue to follow up.

Our apps cost is in the range of $10,000 to $50,000.

We just launched our app a couple weeks ago at our national sales meeting. At this point, we have one lead. I don’t think that’s a good indicator because it’s possible that leads are generated outside this device. I think that 60% of our representatives downloaded the app and are using it. I’d like to have that be 100%. The feedback has been nothing but positive. That’s from the users and the management team, who are very excited about the possibilities of what this tool will do to help the collaboration with the sales team.

What distinguishes Atmosphere Apps from other providers?

They’re tremendous. I highly recommend Atmosphere Apps. I think that for what we’re getting, the cost certainly seemed reasonable. But more importantly, the platform is very flexible. We had a list of requirements, and then I gave more detailed specs. What was really important was that they were always flexible. Sometimes we had to change directions. Between the technology they use and the skills they have, it was never an issue. They never said “No, we can’t do that.”

Is there anything Atmosphere Apps could have improved or done differently?

I can’t think of anything. They were very responsive. Whether it was by email or phone, and working through the weekend, they were very flexible and accommodating.

It probably has a lot to do with our specs and requirements changing. No one’s perfect.
    Once we had an estimate on the table, they stuck to it.
    They’re tremendous. I highly recommend Atmosphere Apps.

Application Development for Publishing Company

"The team at Atmosphere has gone above and beyond, to not only meet, but exceed our expectations."

Atmosphere Apps developed an events app for a multi-media publishing company. The app’s goals were to allow users to customize their experience to meet their area and interests.

Gainesville, Florida
Erica Brown
Director of Operations, Advantage Publishing

The team was very hands-on throughout the project, communicating each phase and responding to questions quickly. The app has been featured as a top area app in both the iOS and Android category. Atmosphere Apps constantly looks for ways to upgrade products and work better.

Please describe your organization:

We are a publishing and multi-media company of print magazines with a large online presence and multiple community events.

I am the Director of Operations. I oversee all employees and monitor the progress of each department to ensure efficiency and progress.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Atmosphere Apps?

Atmosphere Apps was brought in to develop a one-of-a-kind events app that would enable users to customize their experience selecting those event categories of interest to them in addition to searching for events in the community by topic.

Please describe the scope of their involvement in detail:

Atmosphere Apps took an extremely hands-on approach from idea inception through the present day, where I speak to a representative nearly daily (minimally a few times a week) to discuss updates, ideas, edits, etc. The project involved the development of a regional “events” application that corresponds to the two regional magazine publications, and which would enable users to search from a live stream of local events customized based on their interests. Users can share events, add events to their list of favorites, and import events to their working calendars.

How did you come to work with Atmosphere Apps?

Our publisher had a prior relationship with a member of the Atmosphere Apps team, and the two of them decided that it would be a perfect partnership.

This was an extensive project as Atmosphere Apps had to develop an entire backend system.

Our app is featured as one of the top hits when searching Gainesville for Apple and Android users. It is usually in the top three. We have had nothing but positive feedback from our community of users and have had many larger organizations ask to partner with us on the application so that their events can also be a part of the project, a clear indicator of the usability and reach of the application, thanks to the developers at Atmosphere Apps.

What distinguishes Atmosphere Apps from other providers?

The communication between the team at Atmosphere Apps and my team at API has blown me away. I never intended on having a company develop something for us and then stay on with almost daily interaction (through in-person meetings, Slack, email, phone calls, etc.). The team at Atmosphere has gone above and beyond, to not only meet, but exceed our expectations. They are constantly working to develop updates that will streamline the user experience as well as our experience on the backend, and have gone so far as to offer timely suggestions that will only increase the worth of the product. We have been thrilled with our working relationship with the team at Atmosphere Apps. We highly recommend Atmosphere Apps as a development partner for any organization looking to create elite, mobile applications that are not only user-friendly, but have a back-end system that enables the owner of the application to easily update, edit, and monitor all application activities.

Is there anything Atmosphere Apps could have done differently or improve?

Application Development for Publication Firm

"They are very easy to work with – very willing to hear new ideas and to incorporate them."

Atmosphere Apps developed a mobile application containing a pharmaceutical drug guide. The team initially worked on a personal digital assistant, but the project evolved into a full mobile application.

Boston, Massachusetts
Executive Editor, Publication Firm

The app is featured in the App Store regularly because the team created a well-organized app and provides regular updates. Atmosphere Apps is easy to work with and listens to new ideas. They are good long-term partners overall.

We are a publisher of textbooks and health resources, both in print and digital.

I'm the executive editor for medicine. I manage the group that does the medicine list and series of books that's been around for nearly 30 years.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Atmosphere Apps?

Atmosphere Apps was brought in to create and build an in-depth pharmaceutical drug guide application.

Originally, Atmosphere Apps was building a PDA [personal digital assistant] version and has since transitioned into our mobile application development team.

How did you come to work with Atmosphere Apps?

Atmosphere Apps was a development partner of a company that we acquired in 2008. We never considered looking for a replacement.

This was an extensive project – more than $200,000.

Our app is featured as one of the top apps on the medical list in Apple on a regular basis. It's usually in the top three. Much of that has to do with the way the app is developed, the way Atmosphere Apps organized it, and the regular updates that we're able to give people. The app is updated once a week. That is attributed to how they developed the app.

What distinguishes Atmosphere Apps from other providers?

I've been working with the CEO, Eric Poirier, since the beginning. They are very easy to work with – very willing to hear new ideas and to incorporate them. Atmosphere Apps is very enthusiastic about updating things and staying current, and I enjoy working with them personally and professionally. They're great partners.

Is there anything Atmosphere Apps could have improved or done differently?

I think this is just a result of their not being a huge company. Sometimes, the turnaround time could be improved. Part of that could be because they're not getting what they need from us. But, I think sometimes my bosses would like to see things happen more quickly.

Long-standing App Development Partnership for Nonprofit Organization

"They have always been very patient and flexible."

Apr. 2007 - Ongoing

Atmosphere Apps partners with a health care nonprofit to develop online products and applications for members. The team provides IT support and maintenance for each product post-completion.

VP Product Development, Health Care Nonprofit Organization

Atmosphere Apps is a flexible and personable partner. They are willing to provide training and guidance to help with new technologies. The team is good at estimating cost upfront, which is useful to nonprofits with limited budgets.

Our company is a nonprofit. We are a health care organization with more than 6,500 professional members. We're a membership organization, and we're dedicated to improving the health care of older adults.

I am the vice president for product development and membership management. I oversee all the development of our various products. That goes for all of the print as well as our online products and app development.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Atmosphere Apps?

We have historically always developed products for our members. Traditionally, they were all print products. At the time we first started working with Atmosphere Apps, we were in the era of PDAs [personal digital assistants]. We were looking for ways to keep up with times and make our products more accessible to the public in terms of how they're using technology and education. That's still our goal and that's still why we continue to work with them and try to keep up with online development and apps.

They have been our main app developers.

How did you come to work with Atmosphere Apps?

It's been a long time. Our usual process – and I'm sure this was the same then – we put an RFP [request for proposal] out and solicit bids and proposals from various companies. We interview the top companies that we're interested in and make our selection. I've been here for 12 years and that's always been my process so I'm pretty sure that's what I used when choosing them as well.

They've been with us a long time and do some of our smaller apps as well as our larger ones. We have a monthly agreement with Atmosphere to sustain our apps. In terms of new product development, they've ranged from $10,000 to $40,000 apiece.

It's been close to eight or nine years.

What distinguishes Atmosphere Apps from other providers?

We're a small nonprofit. When it comes to product development, it's me and another staffer. We're a busy staff, but we had to learn our way through this technology and how to keep up with the times. What I've always admired when working with Atmosphere Apps  is their flexibility, their personal touch, and their ability to guide me through the process. I'd ask them for something, and I wasn't sure what I was asking. They helped clarify and walk me through the process. They have always been very patient and flexible.

Is there anything Atmosphere Apps could have improved or done differently?

I think things are good now. When they were first starting up, albeit years and years ago, it was a small team that was juggling a lot of projects. The time for them to complete something was longer than I was hoping for. But I think they squared that away. I don't have that issue any longer.

They've been good with their estimates.
    I've only worked with Atmosphere Apps. I've been very pleased with what they've produced for me.

App Development Partnership for Large Media Company

"We work well together with them and treat them as if they were an extension of our internal team."

Sept. 2009 - Ongoing

Atmosphere Apps built a custom database for a B2B media company. The team also worked on custom application development and general mobile strategy in an ongoing capacity.

Senior Vice President, Large Media Company

There is a high percentage of users accessing the apps that Atmosphere Apps helped to develop. The team is technically adept and act as an extension of the internal team. They have helped to solve several difficult problems throughout the engagement.

We are a media and information company in the United States. We focus primarily on B2B [business-to-business] markets with a major focus in health care, information security, and marketing communications.

I'm the senior vice president of strategy and product development, and I oversee our web development and software development.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Atmosphere Apps?

Atmosphere Apps built a custom database for us that met our needs for many years. We've only just recently migrated from the database. We used it for five years and decided to bring development in house. We have also worked with Atmosphere Apps to build many custom apps for our various titles. We now have something like 15 apps in the app stores.

Atmosphere advises us on mobile strategy and helps steer us in the right direction. They have built several apps that are quite customized for us as well as apps that are more traditional media apps. We've been able build very tight integrations via APIs [application programming interfaces] between our content management system and the systems at Atmosphere Apps. When one of our editors publishes a piece of content with a click they can indicate if it's for the web only, for mobile only or for both. Once they click publish, the content is published within minutes to all platforms including the apps on Android and iOS.

How did you come to work with Atmosphere Apps?

We started with Atmosphere six years ago. When we started working with them, we had another vendor that was hosting a database that supported one of our key products. It was fairly customized and that vendor went out of business, so we needed to scramble to find another solution provider. Atmosphere stepped in and got us out of a tight spot. From there, we worked with them to start building apps.

We have done projects that are in the $50,000 to $100,000 range, but they're typically in the $10,000 to $25,000 range. We've spent a lot of time and money on both sides building these integrations. We're able to build a new app. We launch new websites all the time, and we're able to launch an app on both iOS and Android – tablet and phone within a week start to finish – by leveraging the platform and the integration that have already been built. At this point, our costs are small dollars because of all the work that was done upfront to make that possible.

We have a web-based medical education product. Our target audience is increasingly mobile – much more than other markets. This particular market has a higher percentage of users accessing the information on mobile. We've been able to keep that audience engaged by building a custom education platform for those users.

What distinguishes Atmosphere Apps from other providers?

We found Atmosphere Apps to be very technically adept, and our senior technical folks worked very well with the technical folks at Atmosphere Apps. Even though they're a vendor, we work well together with them and treat them as if they were an extension of our internal team.

Is there anything Atmosphere Apps could have improved or done differently?

Not really. It's been a good relationship.

They are very good at project management, and they are good at keeping the scope clear and delivering on time.

I have recommended them.