Digital strategy, design & development

We are Architect. We make platforms, apps and film. Our founders were architects - we use the same discipline of creative and technical thinking to solve digital problems.

We became part of Interpublic Group in 2011, working with agencies such as GolinHarris (our immediate parent), Weber Shandwick, Lowe Campbell Ewald and direct clients.

2003

• Texas Instruments
  • Unilever
  • UC Berkeley

Cambium Networks Digital Marketing

"We are satisfied with their performance. All the projects have been completed on time, and they have been completed within the requested scope and budget."

Architect provided online marketing and print ads for a B2B equipment manufacturer. They developed brand guideline documents to maintain brand consistency and increase market saturation.

Chicago Metro Area
Sr. Manager, Global Marketing Communications, Cambium Networks

Although it can be difficult to quantify the impact of creative endeavors, Architect’s deliverables have been completed on time and to quality standards. Architect is a collaborative partner and is always reachable by phone.

Please describe your company.

Our company is Cambium Networks. We are a B2B [business-to-business] manufacturer of wireless and broadband equipment.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I am the senior marketing and communications manager. My roles and responsibilities include managing the company brand, all outgoing communications strategies such as email marketing, direct mail marketing, and advertising.

What was your goal for working with Architect?

The work with Architect is ongoing. They did some recent projects with the predominant goal of maintaining brand consistency and developing our brand to be recognizable within our marketplace with our audiences.

Their work is mostly digital and online marketing. They have also done advertising for us, creating print ads that were for magazines. They also help us build some aspects of our brand guideline documents.

What was your process for selecting Architect with which to work?

I’ve been with the company for about six months, and they were the agency that was being utilized. So, I continue to use them. They have been with our company for perhaps less than a year. I think they started the engagement in August of 2013.

Our project range is between $2,500 for small projects, like the creation of spec sheets, to up to $30,000 to $40,000, depending on the project scope.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

I don’t have that information. A lot of the deliverables are created to support our products. It's difficult to know whether to attribute that to the creative side or to the actual product.

The team is very collaborative with us as a partner. Also, I am able to pick up the phone and speak with any of the team members, and ask them questions, too.

I’ve been working with them for such a short time. I always ask them whether they have expertise in an area or service. It would be nice to have portfolio section on their website where I can log in as a client to get a sense of their other work to help with my projects or invigorate ideas on our end. Something that is different from what is on the public website that would give clients a deeper sense of different projects would be ideal.

I have recommended them before.

The Executive Leadership Council Web Design

"Their ability to be creative and to bring insightful ideas to be considered was very impressive."

2013 - Jun. 2014

Architect provided web development and social media work after winning a competitive bidding process against other agencies. The goal was to reposition the organization after a change in business strategy.

Washington DC Metro Area
President and CEO, Executive Leadership Council

Architect delivered extraordinarily high-quality work. They were disciplined, thoughtful, and insightful. They offered creative solutions and ensured accountability to deadlines and milestones. As they demonstrated their excellence, they were rewarded with more responsibilities.

Please describe your company.

My organization is the Executive Leadership Council and Foundation. We are a nonprofit 501(3)6 and 3(c) organization that has been in existence since 1986. We are comprised of 500 of the most senior-level black corporate executives in global enterprises around the world.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I am the president and CEO. I have been a member of the council for the past 22 years and served on its board. I recently retired as a senior executive from PepsiCo. The board asked me to assume the role of president and CEO in 2012.

What was your goal for the work with Architect?

Architect is part of Golin, a public relations agency within the Interpublic Group. We put out an RFP [request for proposal] for scope of work of repositioning the Executive Leadership Council and Foundation brand, given that we had launched into a whole new strategic initiative that takes us to the year 2025, of going global. Architect had bid on that work as well as some of the other co-organizations that are part of Interpublic Group. We were impressed with them, so they almost got the overall contract with us of rescoping out branding, social media, and messaging work. We thought their skills were well suited for us to rebuild our website.

We took a partner organization of theirs and asked them to do the messaging and the branding piece. We asked Architect to do the website and social media work. We as a group and I as leader of the organization were not fully pleased with the product that the other agency had produced.

I was very impressed with what Architect had done because they were very disciplined, descriptive, and measured. With everything that they proposed, they have an electronic measuring process that allows you to track the project, who is responsible, who is accountable, and how much it will cost. They stayed within those cost parameters. I was so impressed with them that I not only let them keep the website and the social media project, I also gave them the brand messaging. They did a very fine job and met all of our deadlines and milestones.

The team presented to my board of directors, and they were very impressed as well. These are all senior-level executives that they reported to.

What was your process for selecting Architect with which to work?

We put out an RFP for scope of work of repositioning the Executive Leadership Council and Foundation brand.

We went a little above our budget for the project that was earmarked because of internal issues, not anything Architect did. That was a $400,000 project that we gave them.

The website work was completed in February of 2014 when the board voted on it. With any website, you have some enhancements. We started this in 2013, and we will be unveiling the full website that will go live on June 4, 2014. It will have all of the bells and whistles that my board and my members have asked for.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

The work product speaks for itself. They did the work for three entities: our council, our foundation, and our institute. They built that website with our messaging and branding, which they had to redo.

I look for quality, and the quality that they produced for us on the website was an A++. I give them the same grade on the ability to listen, and to capture and play the expectations and objectives of my organization and the communications council that they worked with.

The third metric is timeliness, and they met all of the time parameters that we put in front of them for several of the projects that they were engaged in.

I came out of PepsiCo, where I was constantly reviewing public relations and advertising firms. Their ability to be creative and to bring insightful ideas to be considered was very impressive, especially Keith Martin [Architect’s managing director]. He has the ability to listen very intently and carefully, and to play back that which you think you are saying, but you might be thinking. He has a unique way of crystallizing all of your thoughts and playing them back. We would say, yes, that's what we actually meant.

No. I was satisfied with the whole project.

We negotiated a fixed amount, so they had stayed on the mark.
    Very much so. They are a quality firm. I really enjoy working with them.